Idea Should I do a multi-fandom roleplay?

FennecyFoxy27

A person named Foxy who’s here to cause problems.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I kinda wanna make one, as I’ve seen it everywhere on here, but I can’t decide whether or not I should make one-

Though, the only fandoms I probs won’t accept are anime fandoms unless you plan on telling me the basics of it lol (MHA isn’t a big problem to me though, I’ve researched it for my friend 😩)

Like- p l e a s e h e l p m e

i've never really done multi-fandom rp's before (except dc/marvel but that's just only two), but if you're gonna jump into the world of multi-fandom, then you should by all means if you're really itching for a multi-fandom roleplay

i'm sure you know this or heard this before but its best to choose fandoms you're really involved and invested in, and it also helps a lot if your partner is well-versed in the same fandoms you like as well

being well-versed in your favourite fandoms + your partner being well-versed in the very same fandoms = profit

No, but I admit I'm biased as I don't like this kind of RP.

i'm new to roleplaying, but not to writing - but from what i've seen and read, fandom writings are best when everyone is well versed in the fandoms being roleplayed with. fandom roleplays and fanfictions are great ways to develop your skills as a writer, but can also be incredibly limiting and frustrating if either party doesn't know much about the source material.

an alternative to this where everyone wins, would perhaps be incorporating elements from the fandoms you wish to roleplay in/with into a group roleplay plot.

The most important question is, do you want to make a multi-fandom roleplay? I mean, you did say you "kinda" wanna make one, but your reason was just that you've seen others rather than being personally interested in the idea of a multi-fandom.

Within multifandoms there is also more than one type. The most basic is just a crossover of two or three specific fandoms. You wouldn't have to worry about unknown fandoms showing up there if you did, though that specificity will significantly reduce the people the multi-fandom appeals even more. Then there's bar-type multifandoms where there's just a bar or tavern and characters from any "dimension/reality" can come into it and hang out, after that there's coliseum multi-fandoms which are one big combat tournament and lastly that I know of (though I have never participated in one myself) there's setting mash and original setting multifandoms, where either every setting is somehow in one place or there's a new setting the fandom characters go to without a specific purpose.

If you use any but the cross-over type, you probably shouldn't be expecting to be familiar with the characters. I also believe that most players will not be joining it because they are interested in the multifandom idea itself, but rather because they want to play a specific character, though in of itself that isn't too different from a regular roleplay (as in any roleplay people tend to be interested in their own stuff more than other's. It's just a matter of there often being a bigger emotional bond and expectations here that makes that small difference).

So, do you wanna make a multifandom? And if so, what kind of multifandom? And Why?

These are the questions I think are worth asking if you're unsure about whether you should try. As for whether it will work, that's another matter entirely of course. But if you really wanna do it you might as well give it a shot, and if you don't, then you'd just be wasting time.

The most important question is, do you want to make a multi-fandom roleplay? I mean, you did say you "kinda" wanna make one, but your reason was just that you've seen others rather than being personally interested in the idea of a multi-fandom.

Within multifandoms there is also more than one type. The most basic is just a crossover of two or three specific fandoms. You wouldn't have to worry about unknown fandoms showing up there if you did, though that specificity will significantly reduce the people the multi-fandom appeals even more. Then there's bar-type multifandoms where there's just a bar or tavern and characters from any "dimension/reality" can come into it and hang out, after that there's coliseum multi-fandoms which are one big combat tournament and lastly that I know of (though I have never participated in one myself) there's setting mash and original setting multifandoms, where either every setting is somehow in one place or there's a new setting the fandom characters go to without a specific purpose.

If you use any but the cross-over type, you probably shouldn't be expecting to be familiar with the characters. I also believe that most players will not be joining it because they are interested in the multifandom idea itself, but rather because they want to play a specific character, though in of itself that isn't too different from a regular roleplay (as in any roleplay people tend to be interested in their own stuff more than other's. It's just a matter of there often being a bigger emotional bond and expectations here that makes that small difference).

So, do you wanna make a multifandom? And if so, what kind of multifandom? And Why?

These are the questions I think are worth asking if you're unsure about whether you should try. As for whether it will work, that's another matter entirely of course. But if you really wanna do it you might as well give it a shot, and if you don't, then you'd just be wasting time.
Well, it seemed interesting is really what I meant. I just have a really hard time making decisions, so I generally ask for advice or I stress about it for the next 48 hours before forgetting about it. I kinda just wanted to make them where they meet and just chill, explaining their universes (and, maybe some form of action, not to sure yet though) just because it always seemed intriguing when people make multi-fandom roleplays.

i've never really done multi-fandom rp's before (except dc/marvel but that's just only two), but if you're gonna jump into the world of multi-fandom, then you should by all means if you're really itching for a multi-fandom roleplay

i'm sure you know this or heard this before but its best to choose fandoms you're really involved and invested in, and it also helps a lot if your partner is well-versed in the same fandoms you like as well

being well-versed in your favourite fandoms + your partner being well-versed in the very same fandoms = profit
Hah, true. I’m only in a few fandoms, because the more popular ones are getting toxic, or I was never into it. Though, I’m fine with most of any. I don’t really mind if anyone is into my favorite fandoms, honestly, I’m more focused on keeping everyone happy.

Well, it seemed interesting is really what I meant. I just have a really hard time making decisions, so I generally ask for advice or I stress about it for the next 48 hours before forgetting about it. I kinda just wanted to make them where they meet and just chill, explaining their universes (and, maybe some form of action, not to sure yet though) just because it always seemed intriguing when people make multi-fandom roleplays.

Well, if then that would probably be one of those bar-type multifandoms I mentioned.

But still, the question remains. I understand they seemed interesting to you. But do you want to make one specifically? Or are you just curious about them?

Well, if then that would probably be one of those bar-type multifandoms I mentioned.

But still, the question remains. I understand they seemed interesting to you. But do you want to make one specifically? Or are you just curious about them?
It’s kind of a mixture of both. It’s always been an idea of mine when I was roleplaying on another site, and now, i’m just looking for advice on whether to make one or not. Though, I might still make one no matter what someone says.

It’s kind of a mixture of both. It’s always been an idea of mine when I was roleplaying on another site, and now, i’m just looking for advice on whether to make one or not. Though, I might still make one no matter what someone says.

Well, then I suppose good luck is all I can say.

Hah, true. I’m only in a few fandoms, because the more popular ones are getting toxic, or I was never into it. Though, I’m fine with most of any. I don’t really mind if anyone is into my favorite fandoms, honestly, I’m more focused on keeping everyone happy.
that's all well and good, as long as all parties are happy, its profit all around

like i said before, the only fandom's a really get involved in is dc/marvel, especially marvel because i grew up with, and it's pretty much the only thing im into nowadays

but yeah, as long as everyone's happy, now that's profit

Ah yes, the 'everyone and their mom' roleplays of RPN.

Pick one, test the waters.

Multifandom roleplays is where I get all my Fire Emblem and Purse Owner knowledge from. In addition to whipping out my favourite characters and having them hang in new settings, I use it as an opportunity to learn about different franchises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back