• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Shipwreck: The Island (Adv. Lit. 1x1 plot)

Princess A

Long may I reign.
A little about me and what I’m looking for:
I am a longtime writer and have had my fair share of RPs over the years. Pretty standard: All my posts are written in third person, past tense. I’m human (so I do make mistakes!), but I do my best to keep all typos, etc. to a minimum and abide by grammar rules, stylistic choices excluded. My post lengths vary depending on context, but we’re talking anywhere between 700 to 1500 words or more for a “regular” post and 300 to 500 for a more fast-paced dialogue or fight exchange. Please—and I’m really begging you here, please—consider what post lengths you are honestly comfortable writing before contacting me. I want this to be fun for both of us! And if you feel like you’re forcing yourself to write a school essay to match my posts, or if I feel like I’m not getting equal effort to what I’m giving, neither of us are going to be having much fun. Quality over quantity, of course. I’m never going to sit here and count your words. But I would like to feel like my partners and I are equally matched!

Regarding post frequency, I’m usually able to respond within 48 hours of reading your post. Your schedule doesn’t need to be the same as mine, just keep me in the loop!

As for content, it goes without saying that site rules should be followed. Other than that, I have no specific triggers regarding language, violence, and dark themes. In fact, the plot listed below will likely include all of the above. For this and my own comfort, I will only write with partners who are 18+ years of age. I am 23 years old, and the closer you are to my age, the better.

I almost always RP via PMs, but I am happy to use a different site if you have a preference.

If you're interested, let me know why you think we're a good fit when you message me! ^^

Now, to the plot! This is an idea to start us off, and I’m more than willing to discuss specifics and any changes/recommendations you’d like via PM.

The Island

When a great storm as fierce as the wrath of the gods brings a ship to wreck on an uncharted island, what will become of the crew’s lone survivor?

Here, your character’s backstory is limited only by your own imagination! He can come from any time period and culture you’d prefer, real or fictional. For example, he could be an explorer from a medieval realm of fantasy! Or, he could be a dock worker from 18th century London. He could even come from our modern era—easy enough to exchange a shipwreck for a plane crash. The choice is yours! Regardless, once he arrives on The Island, the world he knew before will seem a far, far away place.

The Island is not kind. It is a harsh environment covered in jagged stone and dark forest, all wrapped in a chilling blanket of ice and snow. Its most notable inhabitants belong to a matriarchal warrior tribe whose customs will most likely seem very primitive to our lone survivor. Just like the land from which they have carved a home, their society does not take kindly to outsiders. However, the gods’ timing is never wrong. Many of the tribe are highly superstitious and believe your character’s arrival to be the fulfillment of a great prophecy.

You see, his ship is not the first to lose course and find The Island’s rocky shores. The tribe still remembers past visitors, as well as the death and disease they brought with them. How could they forget, when a child left behind walks among them, raised as one of their own? And, as the prophecy states, one day her people will return for her… And she will put an end to the foreign invaders’ destruction, once and for all.

In this story, your shipwreck survivor must decide how to navigate his survival on The Island. And to do so, he’ll need to secure an ally amongst those who would prefer to see him as an enemy. He might just find one in a young woman who is haunted by vague memories of a time before The Island. A time when she was someone else’s daughter.

Mixed up in all this will most likely be elements of light fantasy and magic, perhaps that the shipwreck survivor first dismisses as fable but soon learns otherwise.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back