• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Ships Haven Split (Closed)

Chase Mitchell Montgomery
Robbie-Amell.jpg Since the moment Chase had returned home from the gym, he'd felt his good mood being gradually chipped away. His father was yelling at Andrew because he hadn't walked the dogs. Julia was upset over some boy who had asked her friend out on a date instead of her. Abigail was out in the swimming pool doing laps like some kind of maniac and he knew after she'd eaten she'd be doing some more exercise. Before he had chance to sneak upstairs out of the way, his mother intercepted him. "How are you and Grant? Have you invited him over for dinner yet? I have to see his parents Thursday evening and I'm going to look pretty stupid if you're still being off with him."

"I haven't said anything to him. We haven't argued again, but we haven't spoken either. If you would listen to me you'd know how much of an asshole he is," Chase argued.

"Language, Chase! Just make an effort, will you?" As Chase's phone beeped to alert him of a text, his mother folded her arms. "Dinner is nearly ready. We'll finish this conversation with your father."

"Yeah, dinner..." Chase mumbled as he read the text from Brea offering to buy him dinner. A smirk crossed his face as he realised she'd just saved him from the torture of a family meal. "Sorry, I can't make it. I've got a better offer. I'm heading out to meet Brea," he said. He knew his mother wouldn't argue with that, but he had to rush upstairs before she got the wrong idea and assumed they were dating again. He didn't have the patience to set his mother straight this time.

After texting Brea back and quickly getting changed, he got in his car and drove to Brea's place. Once there, he got out of the car and knocked on her door.

b27027f8e4b44097ec7f37f2d6c6bf21.jpg

apolla apolla

Marina Skye Thornton

687474703a2f2f646174612e77686963646e2e636f6d2f696d616765732f33333030393133302f3631343531363639355f6c617267652e676966

Marina knelt in the hallway, pulling her lock picking kit from her back pocket. She slid the wedge into the keyhole, followed by the pick before turning the tumblers over. She was rather amazing at lock picking, after doing it so many times over the years. It usually only took her about 15 seconds to pick a house lock, but a bit more for vehicles and safes. Either way, Mari slid into the room and silently closed the door behind her. It was a rather empty room, with what appeared to be a large gun safe against one wall. "Well, that's not obvious or anything," Mari muttered to herself, walking towards it. She pressed her ear against the cool metal, ready to listen to the tumblers fall to open the safe. But as soon as her fingers touched the knob, lights began to flash and a shrieking alarm filled the room.

Mari knew she had underestimated these guys at that moment, and their security system was far more advanced than originally planned. She quickly stood and searched for exits, deciding that her best way out was to go out the window and scale the house. But in the mere seconds it took her to decide that, the two drug dealers had scaled the stairs and burst into the room. Immediately, one grabbed Mari by her braid and threw her to the floor. She winced, but immediately spun around to counter attack. Before she could, a heavy booted foot made contact with her cheek, kicking her so hard that for a moment she was dazed. One of the men, grabbed her by her hair again and delivered a swift kick to her ribs before dragging her into the hallway and throwing her down the stairs.

Mari fell hard against each step, blood dripping from cuts down into her eyes, and filling her mouth. The men clambered down the stairs after her, laughing as she attempted to crawl away from them towards the door. "Pathetic," she heard one say, and wanted nothing more than to turn and shoot him. But she had mistakenly left her gun at home. One of the men slammed his foot down on her left hand, no doubt breaking some of the bones. The two men lifted her by her arms and dragged her to the door, throwing her out onto the concrete side walk. Scrapes and scratches covered her body, her lips was split, her hand was broken, her eye was almost swollen shut. One of the dealers leaned down and whispered in her ear, "Take this as a message to whoever you work for. No one steals from us." With one final kick to the her ribs, the men laughed and went back inside. Mari painfully drug herself to her feet, walking far enough to lean against a tree in the park across the street. With what strength she had left, she texted Clary, SOS. Higgins Park.

aca5b8708f2bc11d319cf51584655731--rock-outfits-emo-outfits.jpg
Tags

Interactions: Clary ( Wonder Woman Wonder Woman )
tumblr_n9p0fmvIae1rtk7f1o1_250.gif
Code by JayeTheKat JayeTheKat

Miles MacDonald

tumblr_n8mcpzMNVh1qmt7peo1_250.gif

Miles grinned as Axel immediately told him about Clary's recent endeavors with that East-Sider jock. He chuckled lowly, knowing that Axel wasn't the most mature of the group when it came to these types of situations. "I don't know if I would call that much of a superpower, Ax," Miles responded with a one shoulder shrug, most so that he could take Clary's side so she wouldn't hit him or refuse him dinner. He knew their group was a bit.... unconventional to say the least, and glanced over to Candy to see if she was offended or confused about them. But she seemed to fit in well with them. Miles looked up when he heard footsteps coming down the stairs, smiling at the twins before his face lit up at the sight of Marnie. The little girl had Miles wrapped around her finger, and she knew it.

"Marnie!" Miles said excitedly as she bounced over him, immediately picking her up and spinning her around before holding her on his hip. "How's my favorite little sweetheart doing?" he asked, poking her gently on the nose before setting her down on her two feet again. However, Miles crouched to be on her level, still smiling. "You lost a tooth?! Look at you, you're already growing up, getting your big kid teeth! Better check under your pillow tomorrow for that dollar!" Miles chuckled, still smiling. Even though he was a West-Side drug dealer, he had a soft spot for that little girl like no other. He glanced over his shoulder as Marnie noticed Candy and introduced herself. He paused momentarily when she asked him if Candy was his girlfriend. Grinning, Miles leaned in close and whispered in her ear, "I'll tell you a little secret, I'm going to ask her to be."
06f3bcf5fafa81c257f41f51f64a530d--white-t-shirt-men-outfits-mens-green-pants-outfit.jpg
Tags

Interactions: Candice ( Misty Gray Misty Gray ), Clary, Marnie, and Axel ( Wonder Woman Wonder Woman )
tumblr_m2aac84tTs1rrhykgo2_250.gif

Clary and Marnie James
tumblr_inline_oqlfpgWqTv1ugodk8_540.gif
giphy.gif
Interaction: Candice Piper ~ Misty Gray Misty Gray Marina Skye Thornton ~ MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat

Marnies eyes went wide as Miles whispered to her about his plans to ask Candice to be his girlfriend, dramatically gasping but she made sure not to say anything, knowing the word secret meant to stay quiet; it's something you learn when you're growing up around gangs and drugs. "I like that idea uncle Miles!" She giggled smiling brightly.
Clary was focused on the food when she heard her phone go off, she wiped her hands in her sweat pants before going to check it, instantly freezing. "Fuck" she grumbled under her breath "Can one of you watch the food? Mari texted me." Her voice was hard, shooting Miles a stiff look, knowing it was his job that he gave her. She then quickly ran up the stairs, opening her bedside table to get her gun, not knowing what could be happening or who could be near by. She quickly ran downstairs and then out the door.
"I-I don't like when Clare has her gun..." Marnie held on to Miles pant leg, her small hands holding tight.
776695203174843714.gif

After driving as quickly as she could she barely parked before she jumped out of the car, grabbing the flash light from her glove box. "Mari?" She called out, though it only took her another second before she caught sight of a figure against a tree. "Fucking hell Mari" the girl slowly hooked her arm under her arms helping her up to standing. "Here, I'm gonna lift you ok?" With a swift movement she had the girl up in her arms, perks of being a bit of a giant I guess. "We are gonna head to the free clinic ok?... we might have to go to the hospital..." the hospital was a dreaded thing in the Westside, there's only 1 in ships Haven and it's in the East, plus hospital bills get expensive quickly.
7b1529b8d3b90074a22bf475c7d43da2.jpg
Axel Frankford
tumblr_lx83ugsbIC1qj6yuoo1_500.gif

interactions: Miles MacDonald ~ MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat

Axel raised an eyebrow as he heard Clary ask someone to take over the food, his eyes going wide as she mentioned Mari texting her. He looked over at Miles once she had gone upstairs "who's place was she breaking into?" His voice only enough was sharp, he wasn't high so more emotions were breaking through. He didn't get an answer as Clary came back down and like that was gone. When he heard Marnies fear he shook his head getting off he couch to be on her level. "Hey it's ok, that's Clarys shield. If she has that it'll keep her and aunt Mariana safe"
"Promise?" The little girls shaken voice could make even the most hardened of criminals feel weak.
"I promise squirt, everything's gonna be ok" he winked and straightened up, lowering his voice. "Whatever happened that's on you." He knew if Marnie wasn't in the room he'd be really pissed off, but he didn't know what damage there was if any so they were just gonna have to wait.
66319f6e6dfe20b96cea49c5856b74d8--best-leather-jackets-leather-jacket-for-men.jpg
coding by cychotic

Last edited:

Marina Skye Thornton

687474703a2f2f646174612e77686963646e2e636f6d2f696d616765732f33333030393133302f3631343531363639355f6c617267652e676966

Marina sat in silence, leaning against. Luckily, in the evenings, West Side parks were only used for drug deals and sex. So no one saw her there, all beat up and bloody. The adrenaline of the situation had begun to wear off, and pain was setting in. She had been beat up before, abused by her father, her foster parents, and her foster siblings so it was nothing she couldn't handle. Mari reached up and pulled the bandana frown her face, letting it hang around her neck. Her identity as the Shadow was a secret, and luckily those two dealers were dumb enough to leave it that way.

Marina heard someone approach, stiffening slightly if it happened to be those men wanting round two. But she relaxed when she saw her best friend, letting out a breath she didn't know she had been holding. Marina winced as Clary helped her to her feet, putting one are around Clare's and another against the tree to balance before they began walking towards the truck. "No hospitals, no clinics, Clare, you know that. I can't risk anyone finding out who I am through records," Marina responded, pulling open the truck cab door and painfully getting inside. "Just take me home or to your place and give me a first aid kit and some ice. I'll be okay." Mari said with a dry laugh, immediately wincing at the painful movement of her probably cracked ribs.

Tags

tumblr_n9p0fmvIae1rtk7f1o1_250.gif

Miles MacDonald

Miles immediately stood when Clare told someone to take over cooking, sliding easily in front of the stove. He may not have had parents growing up, but he had taught himself how to cook so he wouldn't have to live off fast food and take out. His eyes widened slightly when he heard it was Mari, glancing over at Clary as she shot him a death glare. The job shouldn't have been hard, it was just two guys who were probably two fucked up on their own product to even notice a break in. Nonetheless, Miles was worried now. Mari was one of his best friends, and he didn't want to be the cause of something bad happening to her.

Miles looked over at Axel as he spoke up, eyes widening slightly. "Just the Giovanni brothers. This two goons who own that run down house across from Higgins Park. They're small time, and definitely not smart enough to make anything hard," Miles replied smoothly, those his tone was tight in a bit of fear. He knew that if anything happened to Mari, it would be his fault, and he wasn't sure if he would be able to live with that. "They're always messed up on their own stuff, probably never even thought about security."
06f3bcf5fafa81c257f41f51f64a530d--white-t-shirt-men-outfits-mens-green-pants-outfit.jpg
Tags

Interactions: Candice ( Misty Gray Misty Gray ), Clary, Marnie, and Axel ( Wonder Woman Wonder Woman )
tumblr_m2aac84tTs1rrhykgo2_250.gif

Brea Summers

2016-05-12_CaraLoren_JossandMain-045-Nicole-Gerulat.jpg
436ed82d43f0dfaeddfe0d27217da59d.jpg
8b621baad42a32e79dd03e3659981493.jpg
21bd61a542c89ee19193658e301e305c.jpg
location: her vehicle | mood: wtf | with: no one | Mentions: Chase Misty Gray Misty Gray
Hearing a knock at her door, Brea stood from the couch where she'd stuck herself and walked to the front door, wincing only slightly. Her ankle was starting to hurt again, but she was doing her best to ignore it. "Coming!" She yelled when she was close enough, taking a few more seconds to actually get to the door and open it. Once she did, she grinned at Chase on the other side, grateful to see her friend.

She noticed he looked kind of anxious, though, or something close to it. "You okay?" She reached for her purse which she'd smartly put on the table beside the door. She was already wearing flip flops, so no worries there. She stepped outside and shut the door behind her, reaching back with her key to lock it. "Tell me where we're going. And what's going on with you. You seem stressed."

20141210-DSC_2420.jpg

coding; allrightsreserved deer deer

robbie-amell-jpg.345274
Chase gave Brea a smile when she opened the door to him. "Evening, Brea. How's the ankle?" Chase asked at the first opportunity. "I'm not bad," he answered her question, folding his arms as he waiting for her to grab her purse and step outside. He'd watch her walk to make sure she didn't need his help getting to the car. "I don't know where we're going. I was hoping you'd already planned it. I could go for a good steak right about now, if I'm honest."

Chase opened the passenger door for Brea, hearing her say he seemed stressed. He didn't answer her right away, instead closing the car door next to her and walking around to get into the driver's side. "Is it that obvious?" he finally spoke up. "It's just the usual. Mom, Dad, Abigail, with Grant and the others thrown in for extra effect. I guess I just need to get this year out of the way and soon enough my parents and Grant will be out of my hair," he complained.

b27027f8e4b44097ec7f37f2d6c6bf21-jpg.345278

apolla apolla

Candice Piper
untitled-png.345143

Candy smiled as she watched how Miles was with Marnie. He really was a sweet guy and she thought his interaction with the child was adorable. Her own mood shifted slightly at the sight of Clary rushing off out of the house, followed by Axel appearing to be angry with Miles. She wasn't quite sure what was going on, but it certainly didn't look like anything good and perhaps even nothing they would want her to know about.

Miles certainly appeared worried about something, as did Axel and Marnie. Candy waited until Miles wasn't speaking with Axel and stepped closer to him. "Hey, Miles. I can text Nathan to come take me home. I don't want to intrude on you guys," she quietly told him. It was true, Miles' friends didn't know her so whatever their troubles were, she figured it was private and they wouldn't want her hanging around listening in.

e59b8eba64482c6a47717f5bd72561a0-tori-vega-victorious-jpg.345148

MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat Wonder Woman Wonder Woman

Clary James
tumblr_inline_o1qiqnY3X41rhgtk2_250.gif
Interaction: Marina Skye Thornton ~ MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat

Once they got to the truck Clary gently laid Mariana in the back before getting into the drivers seat, tensing up as he girl instantly began refusing care. "For fucks sakes Mari! You probably broke something and I don't have a fucking cast in my first aid kit do you?" She glanced back it being obvious she was pissed but also concerned. She then started up the car pulling onto the road. "I asked Axel if you knew what you were doing and he of course lied to me cause I'm guessing he already told you you were being stupid. How could you not scope out a house?! Mari that's the rule, you know what you're getting yourself into. The gangs working with those guys so they got extra security, Miles left so of course he wouldn't know that!" The girl smacked the steering wheel with one hand, using the other to control the car.
"We are going to the clinic ok? You know the doctor there doesn't give a shit, I'll slip him something to make sure he keeps his mouth shut. Then, we can go back to my place and eat. I'm not letting you continue to be an idiot"
Axel Frankford

interactions: Miles MacDonald ~ MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat Candice Piper ~ Misty Gray Misty Gray

Axel went tense as the boy mentioned the Giovanni Brothers, getting more pissed as he explained where it was. "You dumbass! How fucking old is your information! Those guys are working with the gang, holding some shit for us so we gave them new security! It got installed Friday night!" He couldn't contain his anger anymore raising his voice. "Those guys could kill a girl Maris size!"
As he heard Candices voice he glanced over at the girl before bringing his attention back to Miles. "Does she know? That you were in a gang and you're one of the biggest dealers in Ships Haven? Cause I think you fucking forgot that cause a drug dealer with your experience doesn't make a mistake like that." He would've continued but the small blonde who had made her way onto the couch in the living room, broke into tears.
Taking a breath he grumbled "we are talking about this later. You better hope she's ok." He spat before going to the couch "hey hey monkey, it's ok." He scooped the little girl up bouncing her lightly. "I'm sorry I yelled, just worried about Aunt Mari"
66319f6e6dfe20b96cea49c5856b74d8--best-leather-jackets-leather-jacket-for-men.jpg
coding by cychotic

Marina Skye Thornton

238d53a7c61d63d66eac3e5bc09245d4--story-inspiration-character-inspiration.jpg

Marina sighed at Clary's concern, knowing that she had acted stupidly. But that was one of Mari's downfalls: she always put others above herself, especially if those others were her close friends. Miles didn't know she wouldn't have time to scope the place out. Yet, Mari agreed anyway because she wanted to help her friend in need. With all of her other jobs, and school, the brunette simply did not have the time to check the house out for security. Mari looked at her friend and frowned. "Look, I'm sorry. I know it was stupid, but it's not like I'm dead or anything. And even free clinics have to keep records, Clary. If word gets out that about what happened back there, the first thing my enemies will do is check clinic records to find out who I am. You've got tape, and you've probably got popsicle sticks with all of Marnie's craft projects. I'll make a splint out of that," Mari responded softly, not trying to argue with her friend but still needing to protect herself.

At the thought of going back to Clary's house, Mari internally groaned. On one hand, she knew that Miles would be there, and he would instantly feel so guilty about the whole situation. He probably already does. She didn't want him to be upset about it, it wasn't his fault after all. She put herself in danger. And then there would be Axel. Mari knew damn well she would get an earful from him, worse than the one she got earlier. Mari never really understood why Axel seemed to get so upset when she acted recklessly. Yeah, they were friends and all, and cared about one another. But Mari also knew her little secret crush on Axel was not something he returned. Mari shook the thoughts away and gently placed a comforting hand on Clary's shoulder, saying lightheartedly, "I promise, I'm okay, Clare. I'll just be sore for a bit.

Tags

tumblr_lm538bg5Ko1qez88yo1_500.gif~c200

Miles MacDonald

Miles' eyes immediately widened when Axel began to explain the connection between the Giovanni brothers and his gang, the one that Miles had left. "Apparently, my information was fresh until fucking Friday. You didn't think that was something to mention to me, working with two guys that were stepping in my territory?" Miles responded, his fists clenching in anger. However, that anger was more directed at himself for not following up on his intel. He hadn't know she was going in blind until that evening when she texted him. But, still, Miles was too selfish in that moment to tell her to abort mission. He needed to get his stuff released first in order to have the upper hand in the market. How could he be so stupid as to put one of his best friends in danger like that? Miles bit the inside of his cheek to keep the rising emotions at bay.

When he heard Candy speaking to him, Miles was about to respond when Axel cut in. Miles had told pretty much all of those things to Candy before, aside from the leaving the gang part. But even still, he wasn't really a fan of Axel trying to use those words against him and his relationship with Candice. "Yes, Axel, she does in fact know. And Candy, you don't have to leave unless we're making you uncomfortable. I'm more than happy to drive you home," Miles responded, his tone bitter at first when talking to Axel, but softening when he turned back to Candy. Miles ran his hands through his hair, forcing back tears. He would make damn sure that Axel wouldn't see how upset he was about this. "I need some air," Miles murmured before turning and walking out the front door. He slammed a fist into a nearby tree trunk, ignoring the pain in his scraped knuckles to light up a cigarette.
Tags

Interactions: Candice ( Misty Gray Misty Gray ) and Axel ( Wonder Woman Wonder Woman )
FvOYzheS.jpeg

Last edited:

Candice Piper
untitled-png.345143
Candy awkwardly bit her lip as Axel shouted at Miles and Miles in turn looked quite angry. It wasn't that she was scared by the argument or it's content, more she expected to be told to go away and that it was none of her business. She didn't really know about the gang but figured Miles just hadn't told her yet, unless he wasn't going to at all. Perhaps he wanted it to stay in the past. Clearly, it wouldn't be staying in the past now.

"I, um... I just don't want to intrude," Candy told Miles, also glancing apologetically to Axel. Miles then rushed out of the house for some air. Candy briefly looked to Axel again before excusing herself.

Candy rushed after Miles just in time to see him punch the tree. She approached him as he lit his cigarette. "Miles..." her sweet voice began. "Miles, are -" she began, before seeing his grazed knuckles. "You''ve hurt your hand," She instinctively held his hand in both of hers as she inspected the wound. "Miles, are you okay? Do you need to talk?" she softly asked him.

MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat Wonder Woman Wonder Woman

Brea Summers

location: her vehicle | mood: wtf | with: no one | Mentions: Chase Misty Gray Misty Gray
"A steak, hmm? You always had expensive taste." She teased Chase, the grin on her face making that obvious. Brea climbed into his vehicle rather easily, glancing down at her ankle. It wasn't swollen anymore, she figured it was just tender from not walking on it today and then walking on it into the house. She shrugged and looked over as Chase climbed into the drivers seat. "Steak it is." She nodded towards him. "You are right, it sounds amazing."

Brea thought for a moment before answering his statements. "Before you know it, this year will be over. We'll all be moving on, Grant included. I mean, he can go rot for all I care, but my point is we'll all be able to get out of this place. The divide here is intense, and I never really realized it until recently." She shrugged again, casting a glance his way as they headed down the road. "My ankles fine, by the way. I iced it and elevated it; I'm good to go."

She stared out the window for a few minutes, then looked over at him again, a sly smile on her face. "So Chase." She began, her grin widening. "Who you taking to the fall ball?" She realized what that sounded like, and quickly corrected herself. "I'm not asking, by the way, so don't think that."

20141210-DSC_2420.jpg

Clary James
tumblr_o4uzv7M7HK1ugyuoto1_540.gif
Interaction: Marina Skye Thornton ~ MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat

"Please stop just stop ok? I don't have slings at my house cause Ryder had to use one to rest his shoulder and got soda on it so I need to at least go in anyways. You're not using fucking craft supplies for broken shit" Her grip on the steering wheel was deathly, knuckles white. Then, when she felt Marianas hand on her shoulder she gently pushed it off, not wanting to hurt her obviously but she didn't want the girl to touch her. "Don't." She pulled up to the curb needing to stop driving for a second since she knew with how pissed she was it was a little dangerous. "I'm so fucking sick of this shit. You, Axel, Miles, you guys do stupid dangerous shit all the time and hell I'm no better but you guys will comment on when I do it all the fucking time! Because why? Because I have a family? You guys all have fucking families! Mariana I'm your family! It would kill me just as much for you to get killed as it would if Ryder or James did something stupid. Marnie doesn't know the difference between me and you relationship wise, in her mind I'm sissy who lives with her and your sissy who lives somewhere else, same with Miles and Axel." She sighed shaking her head, her voice going a little softer but still with the anger behind it. "I just don't understand why I always get shit for not putting myself first sometimes for the sake of my family but you guys get to go on suicide missions and if I get concerned or pissed off that you have a broken fucking hand from doing something fucking stupid you guys shove yourself into a corner where you get to be treated like garbage but since when is that how we treat our family?! Fuck Mari, I get the shit kicked out of me at least once a week and when I get as fucked as you I let you guys bring me to the clinic or at least use actual first aid supplies on me."
She finally sighed, starting up the truck and pulling back onto the road, driving in silence and trying her best to not let herself cry. She couldn't cry twice in one day. Soon, she pulled up to the clinic and went inside, coming out a few moments later with a bag of first aid supplies, the guy working the free clinic never asked questions and in return people on the westside keep the clinic safe from gang attacks and such. Once she got in she continued her silence stance, driving back to the house and moving to help Mariana back into the house, carrying her in, glancing at Miles as he and Candy spoke. As soon as she walked in Axel rushed over to take Mariana to the couch, taking the first aid supplies. "I'm gonna go upstairs. Just... if you need me call out."
Axel Frankford
tumblr_meyzmlCa3D1qdq8r5o3_500.gif

interactions: Miles MacDonald ~ MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat Candice Piper ~ Misty Gray Misty Gray

Axel glared Miles down though he was confused about how open he had been with the girl, it seemed out of place for a drug dealer like Miles. Since he was now holding Marnie he didn't say anything back, letting the man go outside and letting the girl follow. He stood there for awhile, comforting the small girl to the best of his abilities when he heard the truck pull up. "Gotta put you down Mar" he then made his way to the door, his eyes going wide as he saw Marianas condition, taking her from Clary. Once he had her sat down on the couch he was able to process Clarys expression and she looked hurt, he couldn't fully pinpoint the whole emotion but that seemed like the basics of it, watching her go upstairs as the small child also followed, the twins having left when this all started not wanting to get involved.
"I'm not gonna say I told you so" he shrugged trying to lighten the mood as he grabbed the bag Clay left full of supplies. "What happened to Clare? Did you guys fight?" He began wrapping her hand firstly, swiftly yet gently. He had done this plenty of times before it was like second nature at this point. "I already got pissed at Miles so don't worry about that"
coding by cychotic

robbie-amell-jpg.345274

"Whaaat? I just love steak," Chase defensively replied to Brea, a smirk on his face.

Chase started the car and set off driving, listening as Brea spoke to him. "I must admit, I'm kind of looking forward to leaving, after the last few weeks. Grant, Laura, Sean, Tessa... they've all been completed assholes lately. The divide wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for people like them trying to cause trouble." He nodded his head as she said she was fine. "I'm glad to hear it, Brea. Was it really Tessa who did that to you?" he asked.

When asked who he was taking to the ball, Chase felt a little awkward. It was strange talking about that with his ex. Was it okay to tell your ex who you're taking, even if she had asked? He wasn't really sure. "Well, um... I did ask Clary," he admitted to her. It wasn't that he was at all ashamed of Clary - quite the opposite. He just knew how his friends felt about Westsiders and Brea hadn't exactly got off to a good start with Clary either. "I'm not even sure she'll go. I don't think it's her kind of thing. In which case, I'm perfectly willing to just show up on my own," he told Brea. "And you? Are you taking anyone?"

apolla apolla

Marina Skye Thornton

Marina pulled back her hand when Clary pushed it away, hurt that she would do that. But Mari knew better than to express that. She sat in silence as Clary ranted about family and risk, and Mari had no idea what to say. She knew Clary was right, that they were her family and cared about her as such, yet she still put herself in reckless situations. Mari sighed, wincing slightly at the pain in her ribs. What choice did she have? Being a thief was the only thing she knew, the only way she could make a decent amount of money and survive. But here she was, bruised and beaten with probably some broken bones. Mari looked down at her hand, recognizing it was misshapen in some places. She knew this job was a risk, much larger than other jobs she had taken before. So what did she do it?

Once they reached the house, Mari let Clary help her into the house. She caught Miles' eye on the way in and gave him a soft smile. She knew he probably felt like shit, but she wanted to make sure he knew that it wasn't his fault. She had made the mistake, not him. Once inside, Clary disappeared and Axel took over, not surprising Mari in the slightest. She sat on the couch and smiled softly as Axel tried to lighten the mood. She watched as he carefully began to wrap her broken hand, wincing every now and again at a painful shift. At the mention of Clary, however, Mari's expression returned to somber. She felt tears well up in her eyes, and immediately reached up with her free hand to wipe them away. "Fuck, Axel. Do you ever just hate your life, wish you could've had a happy family?"

Tags

Interactions: Clary and Axel( Wonder Woman Wonder Woman )

Miles MacDonald

Miles inhaled deeply from the cigarette, ignoring the stinging pain in his knuckles. He stood there in anger for a moment until he heard Candice speak from behind him, softening him slightly. He turned as she took his hand in both of hers, examining the scratches on his skin. "I'm fine," he murmured softly, happy that she had come out here. Just her presence was comforting to him. He was about to answer her questions when Clary's truck returned, pulling up into the driveway. Miles held his breath as he waited, watching Clary jump down from the truck and help Mari do the same. He let out a rough breath, biting his lip as he examined Mari's condition. She looked like she went through hell, like a professional boxer had used her as a punching bag. Nonetheless, she shot him a reassuring smile to try and convince him it wasn't his fault. But that didn't work.

Once Mari and Clary were inside, Miles inhaled deeply from the cigarette again, finishing it and stomping it out on the ground. He turned back to Candy and tried to search for the words to say to her. She probably expected a sweet, down-to-earth guy without much in the way of problems. Miles was the exact opposite of that. "I'm sorry you had to witness all that. Usually these family dinners are much more civil," he joked dryly, trying to lighten the mood. He gently pulled his injured hand from hers and looked at her with sad eyes. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the gang thing. That was something I was hoping to leave in my past, but it just keeps cropping up. I understand if you want to go home and not get involved with my messed up situation, I'll take you."
Tags

Interactions: Candice ( Misty Gray Misty Gray ) and Marina
FvOYzheS.jpeg

Candice Piper
untitled-png.345143
Candy was about to say something to Miles when their attention was drawn towards Clary's truck pulling up in the driveway. Candy felt a little sad to see the state Mari was in and even though she'd never spoken to the girl, she really hoped she was okay. She was at least happy to see Mari had smiled reassuringly to Miles. Candy hated to think that his friends were going to yell or fall out with him. He'd obviously made a mistake, but Candy didn't believe he meant to or that he had a bad bone in his body.

When Miles looked back to her and apologised for what had just happened, she shook her head and faintly smiled, doing her best to reassure him it was fine. Then he apologised for not telling her about the gang and how he hoped it would stay in the past. She let out a deep sigh as he finished speaking. "I don't want to go home. I just wasn't sure if I should so you guys could have some privacy without me getting in the way." She then thought about his mentioning of the gang and shrugged her shoulders. "So, was this like a real gang or something? Like some Godfather kind of shit?" she joked, laughing at the silliness of her suggestion. "I don't care how messed up your situation might be, I want to stay."

MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat

Brea Summers

Brea nodded along to what he was saying about the divide, and then he asked about Tessa and her head abruptly stopped moving. She hadn't told anyone about Tessa being the one who tripped her, but she'd been foolish to think that absolutely no one saw. Knowing she couldn't lie to Chase anyway, considering he knew her better than most of her friends, she rolled her neck to look over at him and nodded. "She's a fucking bitch; always has been."

He was right, though. The divide wouldn't be so bad if there weren't people like her, and Grant, and the others like them. Brea knew that she was probably grouped into that category if you asked most of the westsiders. She was a popular girl, with money and alot of friends on the east side. So that automatically made them not like her, and she knew that. "One day we'll be out of here and we won't have to worry about the divide anymore."

She sensed the sudden awkwardness in the car, and couldn't help but bristle a little bit as he mentioned Clary's name. It was an automatic reaction, though, one she forced herself to shove aside. After all, when she'd been pushed down in the gym, who had been the first by her side? Clary. Who was crying in her truck that night? Clary. She was human, just like the rest of them, not matter what front she tried to put up. "I'm happy for you, Chase. I really am." He asked her if she was taking someone, and she sighed, obviously not happy about her answer. "Trevor asked me."

20141210-DSC_2420.jpg

robbie-amell-jpg.345274

Chase hadn't seen Tessa attack Brea, but he'd overheard some of the guys mention it when he'd returned to the changing room. "You're right, and I always thought you were too good a person to be hanging around with Tessa," he said, though the same could be said about him and Grant. "Tessa and Laura were both being a pair of bitches this morning. Laura tripped one of the Westsiders before Tessa went for you. The same girl they and Sean had been screwing with last year," he said, not even sure if Brea had heard about that. Unfortunately, Chase heard too much detail about how they screwed Candy around. "I don't hit girls, even bitches like Tessa and Laura, but Sean and Grant are still there, just prodding at me. I still don't think I've hit Grant hard enough yet. I wish the others would man up and not just leave it to me to be the one to tell them they're being pricks."

"I can't wait to for the day we can forget all of this divide and high school angst," he agreed.

Chase briefly looked to Brea to smile, before focusing back on the road ahead. He was glad she said she was happy for him and it seemed like she meant it too. "Did you say yes to Trevor, then?" he asked her. It was clear she wasn't impressed with the idea, but he knew how difficult it might have been for her to say no. "I mean, he's a decent enough guy, right?" he offered.

apolla apolla

Axel Frankford
original.gif

interactions: Marina Skye Thornton ~ MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat

Axel watched as the girls expression fell at the mention of their best friend, bringing his attention back to her hand as he listened to her ask her question, but staying quiet and not answering right away. Did he? honestly he had never thought about it since his parents died, he never really had to. "I mean I guess when my parents died it sucked right off the back bat but I don't really remember it much, plus even though my brother is a deadbeat he's my brother." He shrugged finishing wrapping her hand and moving to get alcohol to clean the wounds. "And there was a certain dark haired girl who was up my ass since preschool" he chuckled nodding towards the stairs. "She made sure I had dinner ever night, let me sleep at her house when the gang warehouse was a little too much for a kid. Her parents were great too, basically raising me since Noel really couldn't. I also made a bunch of other friends like the idiot who's outside." They don't really talk about Clarys parents or Clary before her mom got sick, she didn't like it and made sure they knew. "And then a couple years ago the dark haired girl introduced me to this foster kid she had been basically chasing from house to house making sure she was as ok as she could be for years who had finally gotten out. This girl was a pain in the ass but finished off my family" Axel finished up cleaning and patching the girl up, leaning back on the couch. "Our families a little fucked up, and we fight but I'd say we're happy. Not normal but happy"
coding by cychotic

Marina Skye Thornton

Marina listened to him describe their fucked up family. Tears continued to drip down her cheeks, even though the way he made it sound actually was somewhat functional. As much as she tried, though, Mari couldn't help but let the memories of her biological family flood back into her mind. Her father who always came home drunk to push her around, her mother who was always passed out, too high to function. She spent that portion of her life hungry and alone. "Fuck," Mari muttered, wiping the tears away with her tank top. "Sorry, I know you're not into the emotions stuff. Besides, I prefer being strong and stoic Mari."

Though her words had a joking tone, they were still true. She was so used to hiding her emotions, that it felt abnormal to show them to anyone, even her friends. Marina watched as he finished and leaned back on the couch, trying to read his expression but finding that she couldn't. The full shock of what had happened to her in the drug dealer's house began to set in, causing Mari's heart to race. Mari sighed and leaned back as well, careful to avoid moving her damaged ribs in the wrong way. She was silent, closing her eyes and breathing deeply, calming down her nerves and trying to calm herself. "I'm sorry," she said breathily, both to herself and Axel.

Tags

Interactions: Axel( Wonder Woman Wonder Woman )

Miles MacDonald

Miles had glanced away when she began talking, expecting her to be angry and agree with him, demand that she be taken home and that he never talk to her again. But instead, she said he wanted to stay. Miles turned his gaze back to hers, his eyes wide in surprise. She wanted to stay? Even with all of this dysfunctionality, all the danger that she got to witness first hand with Mari's return, and the fact that he used to be part of a gang? She wanted to stay? Miles couldn't really process that. Besides Mari, Axel, and Clary, no one had ever really wanted to stick around him before. He had his family, and that was it.

Miles felt something come over him, and he gently placed his hands on either side of her neck. Without warning, he brought his lips to hers, softly kissing her. It was appreciate, his was of saying thank you along with showing her his true feelings. Gentle kisses turned to longing ones, and Miles eventually pulled back to rest his forehead against hers. "Sorry," he murmured, slightly breathless, before pulling back and dropping his hands to his side. He waited to see how Candy would react, and hoped her reaction wouldn't be negative.
Tags

Interactions: Candice ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )
FvOYzheS.jpeg

Last edited:

Candice Piper
untitled-png.345143

Candy could tell Miles had expected her to want to go home or even be disappointed with him. She was about to attempt to further reassure him that wasn't the case, but then he did something she wasn't expecting. He gently placed his hands on her neck before he leaned in and softly kissed her. At that moment, she could feel her heart thumping in her chest and her cheeks burning as she blushed. As his kisses became more intense, she unconsciously placed her trembling hand on his waist, but her mind was still catching up to what was happening. Then he pulled away, but rested his forehead against hers. When he said he was sorry, she was still lost words words. It wasn't until he pulled back and awaited her reaction that she finally processed what had just happened.

"Sorry?" she repeated, a little breathless herself. "Unless you're sorry it took you so long to do that, then please don't apologise, Smiles," she told him, a bashful smile growing on her face. She'd been wanting to kiss him for weeks, but was held back out of fear of being rejected or laughed at. And now he'd kissed her, she felt like a silly little schoolgirl for freezing up and barely reacting to his gesture. "Come here..." she said. This time, she gently placed her hands at side of his neck and initiated another passionate kiss. Though her hands were still trembling a little with all the excitement, she was now prepared and was able to return his kiss properly.

MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat

Axel Frankford
tumblr_nkds6fAsT11sys91po1_500.gif

Axel sighed as the girl cried, shaking his head. "It's ok, don't worry about it." He was uncomfortable around emotions but what was he gonna do? He understood sometimes you just gotta let go, he just didn't. And he didn't know what to do or say so he just sat there for a moment, staying close.
He then could see the fear that crossed her face as she laid back a bit, shaking his head once again as she apologized. He then got up without a word and got her a glass of water, sitting back down and gently bringing her up a little straighter with his arm wrapped around her. "Drink" he passed the girl the glass a bit his lip, pressing a gentle, comforting kiss to the side of her head. "It's ok to he scared sometimes you know... I get panic attacks too" that was something Axel never admitted, Clary knew because when he was younger he didn't know how to hide them but now it was simple. "My ADHD makes them worse sometimes" another thing he'd never admit. He was embarrassed by his learning disability so he just kept it hidden, simple and easy. "So don't worry about me judging you"
coding by cychotic

Brea Summers

location: her vehicle | mood: wtf | with: chase | Mentions: Chase Misty Gray Misty Gray
Brea couldn't help but grow a little angry, thinking about Tessa and Laura. She'd heard about Candy and Sean, it was the talk of the school for about a month last year. She'd never met Candy, but now everything she'd seen the girls to do her so far made perfect sense. Pulling one of her legs up into the seat, she scoffed and crossed her arms, glaring at nothing in particular. "God, fuck those bitches." She spoke, meaning all of them, both genders included.

"We're almost to graduation. Have you thought about what you're going to do once you're gotten your diploma? Other than attend the end of the school year party, of course." It was a big thing for the seniors every year, just another excuse to party really. "I think I want to get the hell out of here." She had already started looking at colleges, but it was still too soon to apply anywhere.

She glanced his way when he asked about Trevor and she sighed again, leaning her head back against the seat. "I told him yeah, but I was a little blindsided when he asked." She shrugged, turning her head so she could actually look at him. "He's decent. But I can tell you right now I'm not into him like that. I never have been."

20141210-DSC_2420.jpg

Marina Skye Thornton

Marina tried to judge Axel's reaction to her sudden outpouring of emotion, but he kept his own emotions in check. Even though he said that it was okay, Mari knew that her reaction made him uncomfortable. So, she did her best to push it all down and ignore it. She watched as Axel stood up and disappeared into the kitchen, unsure of what he was doing. But she was grateful when he returned with a glass of water, taking it in both hands and drinking. Marina felt a blush rise in her cheeks as Axel wrapped an arm around her and placed a kiss on her temple. For a moment, she had the urge to to her head so he would kiss her on the lips. But, Mari decided against it and took another sip of water.

Though Mari was surprised that Axel admitted those things about himself, she hid it from her face. She knew that her friends had problems just as she did. All of them had dealt with some sort of trauma in their lives. Clary, Axel, and Mari hid behind stoic expressions and tough personalities while Miles used his happy-go-lucky charm to keep the bad things at bay. Mari reached forward and sat the almost empty glass on the coffee table, turning to face Axel. She hugged him for a moment, turning her head to kiss him on the cheek softly. "Thank you," she murmured, pulling back and offering him a small smile.

Tags

Interactions: Axel( Wonder Woman Wonder Woman )

Miles MacDonald

Miles watched her expression, looking for any sign of some reaction. She seemed shocked, and her cheeks were tinged red. He couldn't tell if this was anger or something else. Finally, he felt himself relax when she spoke up, teasing him for taking so long to kiss her. It had been a few months since they started hanging out, and Miles had wanted to kiss her for the majority of that. But he was afraid that she wouldn't want to be with a guy like him when she found out the whole truth. Miles grinned when she smiled, chuckling lowly as she used her nickname for him. It was comforting to hear, completely making his anxiousness and stress melt away. This girl had a hold on him, that much Miles was sure about.

Candy's touch on his neck sent shivers down his spine as she leaned forward and pressed her lips to his. Miles instinctively wrapped his arms around her, pulling her flush against him. He closed his eyes and smiled into the kiss, feeling her excitement in the tremble of her hands on his neck. They kissed for a long moment, softly and gently but still full of the emotion both had been bottling up for some time. After what seemed like an eternity, Miles pulled back once again and looked down at Candy with a grin. "For a girl who seemed so shy when we first met, you're an incredibly good kisser," he teased lightheartedly, the happy smile never leaving his face.
Tags

Interactions: Candice ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )
FvOYzheS.jpeg

robbie-amell-jpg.345274

"I'm with you on that," Chase remarked as Brea spoke of the bitches. When she asked him if he'd thought about doing after graduation, he quickly nodded his head. "I'm going to college," he told her, his voice sounding certain. However, his next words would seem less certain, though it was no fault of his own. "I want to study sports science and physiotherapy, do some coaching too. Keep playing sports.... When I told my mother that, she basically clung on to the physiotherapy part and told me that was a pretend doctor. Now she keeps telling me I have to go the whole hog and become a 'real' doctor." He shook his head. "You know, because she'd love to tell her friends her son is a doctor," he sarcastically remarked. "How about you, Brea? What are you going to do?"

Chase pulled an awkward face when Brea said she'd agreed to go to the ball with Trevor. "Ouch!" he began, feeling bad for her. "I don't envy you there. I know what it's like to be put in an awkward position and pushed into giving an answer. Trevor is a good guy, but if you're not into him you can't change that. If I see him about to make a move, I'll try rescue you," he joked. "Though I'm sure you can handle him yourself.

apolla apolla

Candice Piper
untitled-png.345143

Candy didn't want the kiss to end, but at least when it did she could see all of Miles' handsome face. She returned his grin with a bashful one of her own as he teased her. "You're a pretty amazing kisser yourself, Miles," she told him. The other boys she'd kissed in the past didn't have a clue what they were doing and as for Sean, his kisses held no feeling and he only kissed her for his own benefit. "I was only shy because I couldn't believe you'd chosen to come over and talk to me. You seemed way too cool to be seen with me," she told him. A mischievous smile then crossed her face. "But now I know you're just an adorable dork," she playfully teased him. She still thought he was cool, way too cool for her, but she wasn't self-conscious about that anymore. He seemed to genuinely like her and that was all that mattered.

Candy remained close to him as she spoke, taking his hands in each of her own. "Miles, I don't care about your past or even what you still do," she told him, referring to the drug dealing and whatever had gone on with Mari. "You're a good person and as long as you're good to me, I've got your back. I really like you and I've never met anyone who makes me smile so much," she reassured him. Her brother was a thief, a vandal and was always fighting, but she knew he too was still a good person, one who would never hurt her. "I'm happy to stay out here with you, but if you need to go back inside to talk to the others I'll come with you," she confidently told him.

MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat

Last edited:
Clary and Marnie James
tumblr_inline_oqlfpgWqTv1ugodk8_540.gif
giphy.gif
Interaction: Candice Piper ~ Misty Gray Misty Gray Marina Skye Thornton ~ MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat mentions: Brea Summers ~ apolla apolla Chase Mitchell Montgomery ~ Misty Gray Misty Gray

Clary was laying on her bed, her little sister having crawled up to cuddle into her big sister, a place that was safe for the four year old. Clary just needed some time to breath and think, her day had been pretty eventful. She had almost been choked out the night before, then today of course the makeup covering the bruises on her neck moved enough for a certain jock and maybe a blonde princess to have seen the damage, causing the first of the two to question her till she admitted what was probably her biggest secret. She then slept with said jock and finally had to get her friend who got thier ass kicked by a couple dealers, completely normal.
She felt a small brush against her neck and she looked down at her sister who had reached out to touch the bruising. "Clare what's that?"
"It's a boo boo, just like when you fall and hurt yourself" she didn't want to tell a small child that thier father hurt her though she was aware that if dad seems angry she goes upstairs with her brothers and to stay quiet when he's around.
"What's that one from?" Her little sister then pointed to a darker bruise on the spot that connected her neck and shoulder, causing the older of the two to laugh. The five year old had spotted a hickey that Chase must've left earlier in the day.
"I'll tell you when you're older. Now come on, we should go eat with everyone" she smiled and got up heading down the stairs, letting the five year old run to the door to get Miles as she spoke to the other two. "Its family dinner night, we are eating family dinner, come on get to the table" the smile on her lips showed that all was forgiven she wasn't in the mood to fight.
"Uncle Miles! Clarey says it's dinner time! You and your girlfriend should come!" The little girl excitedly said once she got the door open, waving at the two.
Axel Frankford

Axel was a little taken back as the girl pressed a kiss to his cheek, glancing down and giving her a small smile. "Don't mention it, but also don't be an idiot anymore ok?" He joked before glancing over to the stairs as he heard a mix of Clarys foot steps and Marnies stumbling sprint. When the girl came over to talk to them he smiled and nodded, helping Mari up to go sit at the table. "Want a beer Mari?" He asked as he stood to help Clary out by getting the plates down and moving to the fridge to get drinks.
"I'll have a beer, and Marnie will have milk if you'll be ever so kind" Clary responsed first which cause him to roll his eyes "yes master"
coding by cychotic

(OCC: I'm thinking maybe we should time jump a bit soon also I might make a male East side character to even it all out how do y'all feel?)

Brea Summers

location: her vehicle | mood: wtf | with: chase | Mentions: Chase Misty Gray Misty Gray
Brea smiled as she listened to Chase tell her about his college plans, though she couldn't stop her eyes from rolling when he mentioned his mother. His mother, and Brea's parents, were part of the major problem with the two of them. Not including the fighting, that was almost all them. But they put so much pressure on the two that tempers flared and the fights were inevitable. Their parents were almost more depressed than the two of them when they called a break.

"Your mom will just have to get over that." Brea commented offhandedly. "My parents haven't even asked what I'm doing after school yet. I think they're just assuming that I'm going to go away. Which I am, so no harm done." She laughed softly.

"Thanks, Chase." Brea smirked as she thought about Chase punching Trevor, then shook her head. "I just hope he doesn't expect a good night kiss. That would be awkward." She laughed again. "Maybe he'll find someone else while we're there and forget all about me."

20141210-DSC_2420.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back