• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Ship in a Bottle (MxF)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
You were just walking along the beach when you came across a large bottle washed up on shore. It was shaped like one of those fancier liquor bottles. You nearly walked right past it. But it was odd enough that it caught your eye. It was over a foot long and shaped a little like a cask. The glass was dark and gloomy, resembling a storm on the seas. The fog of the clouds seemed to swirl and change as you moved about it. You had to clean it off a little to see inside better, to tell if the contents were liquor or just muddy water. As you peered in you saw it - a sleek sailing yacht. It bore the flag of a pirate ship and was black. You still couldn’t tell about the liquid as the glass was too dark. But it did have the viscosity of liquor with no signs of dirt. Then you set it back down and tried the spigot…

...And awoke in a fancy bed aboard the ship. Even as you awoke there was a knock at the cabin door. A voice called out from the other side.

"Greetings Captain. You have released me from the bottle in which I was imprisoned. I am compelled to grant you three wishes as a show of gratitude for my liberation. Once completed, my debt will be paid and I shall be free."

What? Was the person on the other side of the door some sort of genie? Was the bottle, in fact, just a variation on the old genie lamp idea?

Plot
Well this is kind of obvious. This IS an MxF. So romance is very possible. The genie wants to be free, of course.

Your Character
I am looking for a character who is at least an adult, but let’s say not over 30. Call it 18-25. And straight please. No criminal types, psychos, etc. Just not interested in that sort of character. Diamonds in the rough work better. Just ask Disney. I considered making you shipwrecked on some tropical island. Still an option. Heck you could go the I Dream of Jeannie and be an astronaut, or maybe a Navy Seal who got stranded, or dropped off on a marine survival course.

My Character
I get to play the genie. I will be of the opposite sex and temptingly attractive. I will appear to be of similar age, but let’s face it. I am immortal and probably thousand times your age. You opened the bottle. Good luck getting me back in. I have one goal - freedom. You could always WISH me free … hint, hint, hint.

You cannot receive more wishes than you were originally allotted.
Some genies, or leprechauns or magic spirits give one wish, or two, even if the standard is three. Receiving more wishes is not allowed.

All wishes are final!
No using a wish to undo a previous wish.

No creating or ending life.
Typically, the wish granting being will not be able to create or end life. They might give you the means to do it yourself, but the wish itself cannot be for someone to die or for life to be created/recreated (raising the dead).

You cannot affect free will.
The Aladdin reference is you can’t make someone fall in love with you. But I think this would be expanded to you can’t make a person feel a certain way with a wish. However, just like the previous rule, you can be given the means to do affect someone’s free will in a way you can predict.

The future is not yet written. The past already is.
No using a wish to look into the future, for to do so is to write it in stone. No altering the past. That which has been written in stone is final. You may look back upon the past and learn.

A Djinn, jinn or genie are merely what they are.
A wish cannot make one anything greater than the granter of the wish. Neither can they reveal the source of such power. Only God is omnipotent and omniscient.

Hello I am interested in this plot!!! I prefer to play male. I do suck at starting. However if you insist that I start I will oblige. I can usually dish out as much partner gives out. Hopefully you are willing to give me a chance. Let me know if you want me to send you a pm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back