• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Shin Megami Tensei Persona-R

No its fine its fine. Sure i can help you. Are you familiar with persona at all? Watch the shows? Played the games? You based your social link off of what each social link represents to you. In my case its my characters backstory. It is filled with tradgedy but he keeps that to himself.

Since we have a vast number of possibilities no one can take more then one social link. The fool arcana is the wild card but only becomes the wild card after getting through year 1 because igor is at the top of the second tower. Also we will take turns posting our openings and it is not required for us to be a full staff to start the actual first dungeon scene. We only need the people who do their openings to post. When traversing the dungeon we can all, yes every arcana, can go into the portal and travel together due to how massive the dungeons are. However there will be a lot of times where we will need to branch off into three, four, or five man teams. We will occassional come across bosses that we will all have to fight together and they will not be a picnic. After all Shadows are douche bags and fighting Shadows are fun/annoying. When using skills at first you will swipe your hand right to left and feel pressure there. In your head you will hear a skill (s) name and then after hearing it can use it at your leisure. Traveling in the dungeons do take up energy and going to far inside is not recommended when first starting. Its like p3 but more realistic. You grow tired from, not lack of sleep but actually fighting to survive. You will get hungry and, thirsty. Resting in the dungeon is possible but not recommended. Outside the dungeon is mostly blocked off white walls but there is a small town where you can buy weapon boosts, skill cards, armor, and various other things. Keep an eye out. You can use money from the Present world or from killing enemies in the dungeon. Selling jewels monsters drop is also a good thing. Every other 10th floor is a floor boss which will be fought in the present, ever 5th floor (ex floor 5, 15, 25, 35 etc) are dungeon bosses. Killing any bosses guarantee a stat bonus, a increase in your skills and a upgrade to your weapon.

Kiwi said:
i am Taking the Emperor arcana!!!
Thats fine

I'm expressing my interest in this, but it'll take a while before I can get a good feel of the situation here.

Another question is, will Persona Q skills be included? i.e. Kamikaze Strike, Raikouzan, etc, etc?

Yes i am not limiting the skills. I just gave the basics to make new people get a feel for the story. Also I only require the intro and battle scenes to be detailed. All other instances are just a 1 paragraph requirement.

Yeah ill mark ya down. I dont expect a full team to go to floor five lol. You will see it in overview when im done.

Alright i marked it reserved. Whenever you get the itch to jump in just put up a cs.

Rules tab will be up in 24 hrs or less.

All in favor of starting with the first 3 persona users and getting the battle scenes and the stories underway?

Remember intros are the only detailed post you have to do besides battle scenes.

Nvm btw kiwi your character is now registered in the overview. Six registered one waiting, four intro out of 6. More then enough ppl to fight with. Oh also you dont have to fight your persona, it can be like kiwis were you meet them or you are already contracted with them. Example been with you since childhood. People who dont fight their personas can post normally as well. So kiwi has the option to post about there day at school. Remember in rp its wed. So its a free day, maybe join the occult club. Hint hint.

Okay, I'm going to post a previous character sheet from another persona rp that I had participated in. It is not done up to the current CS written, but the gist of the character is still there. Will edit once I get off work.

I uh, dont know if its intentional or not, but you do know starting Personas don't have Rep, Abs, and Nu elements, right, guise? Only high tier personas and evolved personas (for the cast members) get Repel, Absorb and Nulls. They have Str and Wk, but none of the stronger statuses.

I should check my facts first though.

EDIT: I did, and none of the starting personas have any Repels, Absorbs, and Nulls. Just putting that out there.

We are kind of making our own personas to start with. New persona style, different personas. True i should make it so we have either strong or weak personas but that is compensated by extremely difficult shadow which 9 times out of 10 wont be weak to our elements anyway. There is also no evolving or fusing your personas and the only way to obtain new peraonas is to complete a tower. There you make a new contract. The only exception to this rule is the fool arcana.

Wait until you see the difficulty of these enemies and bosses. Think of us starting on the higher floors of tartarus with level 1 high tier persona with one ability a piece starting out. With no way of evolving them to higher type or versions, and no way to fuse them either.

Also quick question, is your persona starting will all of its abilities right off the bat?

Oh last thing before i forget, your persona will not reveal itself. You will be able to use the skills of your persona yourself and must do everything yourself. Ex unlike in other persona universes you will actually have to everything instead of saying Persona! And giving it a command. It goes more like this. You learn the skills as you travel and can use the skills at will but it will exhaust you like any other form of movement. When you fight for example you may invoke agi into your weapon for a set amount of time. When invoking your persona you are calling on them to give you more of their power. If you take to much damage your persona will reduce its power to you. For example. My character has gauntlets blessed by fenrir, when he invokes persona he gets a suit of armor. If he is struck to many times the suit of armor goes away and he reverts to using his gauntlets again. How do you know your skills? You will see them in front of your eyes as kanji or english. When it is over an object like a weapon you will see a yello line trail down the weapon which is where you run your finger down while you say the skill.

I hope this info helps everyone. Im sorry if its different from what you know from persona 3 etc, but i wanted something challenging and more updated. You can always speak with your persona in your mind, think of them as a part of yourself.

@NetherLightGod she is probably due sone changes due to the RP's needs, though.

@Shade Wraith I see what you're going with. It would be nice to start with all the skills though, seeing as Onikawa/Minami was supposed to be a balanced addition to a crew, mirroring Junpei (steady fighter and somewhat usable tank) and Yosuke (all around stats, leaving him to be able to magic and hit hard at the same time), with Minami packing all around element usage, just with physical force.

Nods. Still wondering how we will do on our first battle though. Not to spoil the surprise but Alice is kind of a problem and we will need to grind and bring good items with us. Thank you Igor for Items even though you are only posing as the shopkeeper for us. Man and the Minotaur... ugh why do I do this to us? Either way how many people do you think will be fighting it when we do fight it? That by itself will be a pain in the ass. I just thought about it but every 5 floors could be someone's shadow from their past they have to fight.

Wish i got a bento box from a girl like that xD women dont make dudes lunches in the usa. Lol

yo, i changed some of the character, including the name and everything. I'll be working on the background soon.

I love my character so far, its gonna be fun.

Oberon was my first thought, but then Unicorn came up in my head, but Oberon is much more bad ass

Next Year, can Reika's next persona be Odin? He is of emperor arcana, and very op

Everyone please post what you would like to see in this rp or would like the rp to add. Remember once your intros are out of the way you can post casually. Battle and intro scenes are detailed and that is all.

Heyy, we can still join this, right?

I also may need some help with the abilities and all, its been a long time since I played Persona 3 and 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back