• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Shapeshifter Group check

Pride.

Local Mushroom
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey everyone my name is Pride and welcome to my first group search. I have made groups in the past but it has never really quite worked out so I decided to test my luck out here. The title of the thread is basically what my idea is about, it is a bit of an older idea of mine but I would love to find a group of people who would be interested in building upon it and giving it new life. I am also looking for a possible co-owner because I am new to this cite and don't know all the tricks yet, so if that is something you would be interested in please let me know.

Before I get into my idea is want to list a few things that will most likely come with this thread. First, this is most likely going to be a semi-advanced to advanced thread, so that means multiple paragraphs and detailed responses. Now I don't expect pro level novels from anyone but I will not tolerate one-liners because they suck the fun out everything. If you don't feel like you can work with that please don't join. Character sheets are going to be a thing, once we have enough people we can discuss how complex we want them to be. Another thing about the character sheets I would prefer that we use real faceclaims. This is all I can really think of right know that I would want anyone interested to know. Anyway let me get onto the idea now.

This is, like I mentioned earlier, this is a bit of an older idea. It is a mix of a sci-fi and a fantasy that takes place really far a head into the future. Not like flying cars a head, but far enough to have perfected modifying ones DNA and genetics. For the past for years the military as been making their own super soldiers. In the beginning no one really knew what these soldiers were since the information hadn't been released to the public. They didn't stay hidden for long though, you see humans are curious and naturally want to know about things they are aren't allowed to have. Some one was able to get the research that had been collected on these soldiers. As it turns out that these soldiers are shapeshifters. These shapeshifters were created by the military with their new and improved genetic modification research. Now what do they do with this research you ask, well they sell it to private companies of course.

A couple of years have passed since that has happened and now you can find shapeshifters every where, but they aren't treated kindly by any means. They also no longer need to be genetically created anymore, two shapeshifters can have a shapeshifter child as well. New companies have appeared offering to sell their shapeshifters to those who are willing to pay a pretty penny for them. One company has caught the eye of the military. They stand out form the other companies because they are creating predator shapeshifters. They are the first of their kind so far. Our plot focuses on the first group of created predator shifters.

Hey everyone my name is Pride and welcome to my first group search. I have made groups in the past but it has never really quite worked out so I decided to test my luck out here. The title of the thread is basically what my idea is about, it is a bit of an older idea of mine but I would love to find a group of people who would be interested in building upon it and giving it new life. I am also looking for a possible co-owner because I am new to this cite and don't know all the tricks yet, so if that is something you would be interested in please let me know.

Before I get into my idea is want to list a few things that will most likely come with this thread. First, this is most likely going to be a semi-advanced to advanced thread, so that means multiple paragraphs and detailed responses. Now I don't expect pro level novels from anyone but I will not tolerate one-liners because they suck the fun out everything. If you don't feel like you can work with that please don't join. Character sheets are going to be a thing, once we have enough people we can discuss how complex we want them to be. Another thing about the character sheets I would prefer that we use real faceclaims. This is all I can really think of right know that I would want anyone interested to know. Anyway let me get onto the idea now.

This is, like I mentioned earlier, this is a bit of an older idea. It is a mix of a sci-fi and a fantasy that takes place really far a head into the future. Not like flying cars a head, but far enough to have perfected modifying ones DNA and genetics. For the past for years the military as been making their own super soldiers. In the beginning no one really knew what these soldiers were since the information hadn't been released to the public. They didn't stay hidden for long though, you see humans are curious and naturally want to know about things they are aren't allowed to have. Some one was able to get the research that had been collected on these soldiers. As it turns out that these soldiers are shapeshifters. These shapeshifters were created by the military with their new and improved genetic modification research. Now what do they do with this research you ask, well they sell it to private companies of course.

A couple of years have passed since that has happened and now you can find shapeshifters every where, but they aren't treated kindly by any means. They also no longer need to be genetically created anymore, two shapeshifters can have a shapeshifter child as well. New companies have appeared offering to sell their shapeshifters to those who are willing to pay a pretty penny for them. One company has caught the eye of the military. They stand out form the other companies because they are creating predator shapeshifters. They are the first of their kind so far. Our plot focuses on the first group of created predator shifters.

So this something that I would absolutely love to be involved in. Can I please ask for some elaboration regarding the shapeshifting ability? Are they similar to werewolves, and are they limited to one alternate form, a specific clade/family of animals, etc?

I'm happy to see that a few people are interested in this idea already. I want to lay down some general information about shifters. There are three levels to the shifter community. These levels are used to identify what generation they came from and how dangerous they are.

Level one shifters are the first shifters ever created. While most of the first shifters have by now died off by now their offspring still lives on. The level one group consists of primarily herbivores and small mammals. This includes things like rabbits, mice, squirrels, etc. They make up most of the shifter community and they can be found most commonly in households and the like. They aren't really used has weapons or soldiers because of the fact that they aren't physically strong and have been made to be more like pets.

Level two shifters are the second generation. While the first generation had to essentially breed out their genetic flaws, the second generation didn't have to worry about that. The scientists who made the first generation of shifters learned from their past mistakes and applied that knowledge to these guys. This round of shifters includes omnivores, replies, and medium sized animals. Shifters could now take the form of cats, dogs, small snakes, birds, etc. This generation of shifters really expanded upon the jobs that shifters could do. It was this generation of shifters that was first introduced to the more strenuous jobs. They were the beginnings of the third generation.

Now we enter level three, the third and newst generation of shifters. This is so far a small group of shifters that are only predators. This means that they can now shift into things like big cats, bears, wolves, etc. While they thought that it would be easy to create them using what they learned from the previous generations, the predator shifters would quickly show them that they would prove to be quite the challenge. The predator DNA they were using turned out to be more powerful than they originally thought. It threatened to dominate human side. If this happened the shifter would become unstable and eventually die. Our characters are the first predator shifters that they have created that so far show signs of being in balance with both their human and animal side. They still have their flaws but they show a lot of promise.

Now since Abyss Abyss asked about the shifters abilities let me go into detail. They are not like werewolves, and I will say that has many times as I need to. They do have only one alternate form that they can take and their can be multiple shifters with the same form. They don't come from a specific family of animals but what they can shift into depends on what generation come from. While they first few shifters have been known to be a bit uncomfortable it is something that shifters grow accustomed to over time. They don't have to strip down like in those cheesy movies, their clothes stay in take and on their bodies when they shift. The only way their clothes get damaged is when they get injured. Yes injuries do transfer between forms. It can be minor or fatal it will still transfer. The good thing is that shifters are bit tougher than people are and heal faster. Predators have some extra abilities based what animal they can take the form of. This is because they were made for more the brutal jobs of the world.

I'm happy to see that a few people are interested in this idea already. I want to lay down some general information about shifters. There are three levels to the shifter community. These levels are used to identify what generation they came from and how dangerous they are.

Level one shifters are the first shifters ever created. While most of the first shifters have by now died off by now their offspring still lives on. The level one group consists of primarily herbivores and small mammals. This includes things like rabbits, mice, squirrels, etc. They make up most of the shifter community and they can be found most commonly in households and the like. They aren't really used has weapons or soldiers because of the fact that they aren't physically strong and have been made to be more like pets.

Level two shifters are the second generation. While the first generation had to essentially breed out their genetic flaws, the second generation didn't have to worry about that. The scientists who made the first generation of shifters learned from their past mistakes and applied that knowledge to these guys. This round of shifters includes omnivores, replies, and medium sized animals. Shifters could now take the form of cats, dogs, small snakes, birds, etc. This generation of shifters really expanded upon the jobs that shifters could do. It was this generation of shifters that was first introduced to the more strenuous jobs. They were the beginnings of the third generation.

Now we enter level three, the third and newst generation of shifters. This is so far a small group of shifters that are only predators. This means that they can now shift into things like big cats, bears, wolves, etc. While they thought that it would be easy to create them using what they learned from the previous generations, the predator shifters would quickly show them that they would prove to be quite the challenge. The predator DNA they were using turned out to be more powerful than they originally thought. It threatened to dominate human side. If this happened the shifter would become unstable and eventually die. Our characters are the first predator shifters that they have created that so far show signs of being in balance with both their human and animal side. They still have their flaws but they show a lot of promise.

Now since Abyss Abyss asked about the shifters abilities let me go into detail. They are not like werewolves, and I will say that has many times as I need to. They do have only one alternate form that they can take and their can be multiple shifters with the same form. They don't come from a specific family of animals but what they can shift into depends on what generation come from. While they first few shifters have been known to be a bit uncomfortable it is something that shifters grow accustomed to over time. They don't have to strip down like in those cheesy movies, their clothes stay in take and on their bodies when they shift. The only way their clothes get damaged is when they get injured. Yes injuries do transfer between forms. It can be minor or fatal it will still transfer. The good thing is that shifters are bit tougher than people are and heal faster. Predators have some extra abilities based what animal they can take the form of. This is because they were made for more the brutal jobs of the world.

Are shifted forms limited to species that are currently alive and well today, or is it possible to include extinct animals?

It depends on the extinct animal that you would want to bring back, of course you can't bring in like a dinosaur or a sabertooth tiger into the mix. They also would be rather rare because of the fact that animal was previously extinct.

I love the idea of shifters having different levels and animals based on that! Usually when I see shapeshifters in rp (including my own) they're like just the basic, general thing

Beeze Beeze Thank you for the compliment, I was a bit worried that people might not like that. Though I tried to look at it through a lense that if this were to happen it wouldn't most likely be in all one shot. If that makes sense.

Last edited:
Yeah, that definitely makes sense. I love seeing people's lore and worldbuilding and all that fun stuff even if I tend to suck at it myself.

Also is there going to be a discord ooc for this rp? I've always seen really good results for planning and building relationships if a rp has either a discord ooc or a discord and a thread ooc

No don't say that. No one ever sucks, people just have different interests and whatever makes you happy then there is nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, I hope to get a discord rolling once I feel like everyone is ready. I have never made one before but I'm sure I can figure things out.

Nah, I thoroughly enjoy lore and worldbuilding. I just don't have??? Experience?? With it, or the ability to flesh stuff out. I do love seeing what other people do though!

And nice! If you need any help, let me know. I've made plenty of servers and been a moderator in a couple.

Yeah it was like that for at first. I was always so lost and didn't know where to start when it came to building lore and the world. I am still learning to build my world's even now.

Oh thank you, that is very nice of you. I really appreciate it!

tracking because I am very interested <3
Pride. Pride. edit to this response because I wanted to tag you as I have a question particular to my would be character and the world; for the world is this like a whole other original world or is it earth, and what country of earth is this based in fi it is Earth?

I don't want to flood the thread with Q's on mc so is it ok to pm you?

Last edited:
Chimeric Chimeric Welcome aboard! I would love to answer any questions that you may have and will take any criticism as well. This takes place on Earth but way in the future. Obviously there some dystopian future elements because they are experimenting of human DNA to create shifters. I haven't picked a country yet, but I was thinking that once we have gathered a sizeable group we can all pick one together.

Feel free to pm me your questions! I don't are how many you have, I will take them all.

So far I am both intrigued and motivated for what you have, I find the generations and classifications of the shapeshifters a nice take, instead of just being bale to shapeshift into whatever without much consequence or ties. The societal conflict that will be ever-present is also something I am going to enjoy writing!

It sounds like these predator shifting characters will begin the first successful on-going rebellion with opportunities to explore how a real rebellion starts and all the problems that come with it!
I do question because of their size; where you would fit in an Elephant; I think these could be used for war/violence as well as belonging perfectly in generation 2 as they are not carniores and not really predators, but I was curious due to their power.

Chimeric Chimeric So far the generations and the different levels, I didn't think that would be something people would be interested in. I'm glad you that you are motivated by the idea so far. There will definitely be social conflict from both the shifters and the humans. I can explain that further if you have any questions about it.

There will be the potential for a rebellion to start. I don't want to get too many plot things rolling since the thread is still accpecting people.

Chimeric Chimeric & VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator Since you both had a similar questions I will answer both your questions at the same time. I did run into a slight problem when it came to things like elephants and rhinos. While yes they are herbivores and they would technically fit into either gen 1 or 2. The problem comes with their large size. They wouldn't fit into Gen1 because the first generation consists of only small mammals so that takes that out. They also wouldn't fit into Gen2 because that generation only brings in the medium sized animals. Which obviously they are bigger than say a dog. I thought possibly including another level to include them but in the end I decided to not to have them be involved. Yes they are both very powerful animals, but I think because of their large size and incredible strength the scientists would be reluctant to make them because if something happened they would struggle to control them.

Another thing that made me want to possibly avoid them is because how shifting into such a large animal might stress the body out. While shifters can adjust to the strain of the shift, there can be consequences for doing too much and not only the body time to recover. Children have it especially hard and so I'm worried that it just wouldn't work out. I'm sorry.

Also I apologize for the long wait.

No its completely fine...I just cant think of any carnivores Im a big fan of but I do like my powerful herbivores such as Oxen, Rhino's, Bison, etc

But I suppose I'll just have to find some meat eater I like lol

VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator I'm sorry I try to be really flexible so people can have fun. I really want to be able to work with you to include things that you enjoy, so do ask me questions and challenge what I have. If you have something that you really want to include I want to be able to work with you. As for your carnivore it doesn't have to be like a classic predator you can make an owl or really anything that eats other things to live. If you have questions don't be afraid to ask me.

Sound interesting!

On the none predator topic, what about something like cassowary, wild boar or giant anteater? They aren't predator (for the most part, unless you count insectivore as predator) but they are pretty strong and aggressive animal capable of holding their own against threat and they are not overly large as well.

Last edited:
Giant Anteaters from what I know aren't that strong nor good fighters so maybe as a Gen 2 Shifter?
Sound interesting!

On the none predator topic, what about something like cassowary, wild boar or giant anteater? They aren't predator (for the most part) but they are pretty strong and aggressive animal capable of holding their own against threat and they are not overly large as well.

AncientBird AncientBird From what I know about the ones that you listed they are either herbivores or at the least omnivores, so based on that they would most likely fit into the Gen2 category of shifters. Especially the cassowary because that is when they introduced birds into the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back