• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Shapeshifter/Assasins RP

I just want to make sure I read everything correctly, bear with me 😅

A race of humans that had the power of shape-shifting and extended lifespans were on the brink of genocide many years ago. Children of this race in particular were taken and experimented on in order to extract DNA or transplant into soldiers to turn them into shapeshifters for a looming war, but none of the experiments worked (this meaning there was never a soldier that could successfully use the shapeshifter children's DNA).

When this government was defeated (the one that was encouraging or allowing this shapeshifter race's children to be taken and experimented on), the scientists scrambled to destroy the lab, and get rid of any evidence of the heinous things they were doing, but they ran out of time (which did in fact leave evidence behind for ?who? the opposing country/govt. to find) and abandoned the lab, leaving groups of children (the shapeshifter children) behind to be found by the other country's army (an opposing country and government that now runs the show/has power).

The Victor's (did you mean victors', or are they called Victors?) were horrified by what they found, but also at a lost with what to do with this strange race of abandoned children. So, a stone faced general, and his wife took them in and trained them to become assassins and spies for this new world (the country/government that won the war), using their powers in exchange for a home, a small semblance of freedom (so it's not full freedom because they are indeed expected to perform as soldiers in a way [in the forms of spies, assassins] for their new government by the encouragement and raising of a military family [if you will]). Do other people, non-military, know about their existence, that they can shapeshift?

I think I am also going to do a Tiger.

(to be clear I am only applying for 1 Ringleader. Can you play shapeshifters that are not as involved soldier-wise? Like a waitress, college student, nail artist, doctor, etc?)
@Circe Cheetahs are my favorite animals tied with Tigers! 💕
OH AND YES you can play anything else just as long as you only apply for 1 Ring Leader spot.

Question: are the shapeshifters capable of partially shifting or is just from human to full animal?

Hmmm let's say 3 for now, just so we don't accidentally overload ourselves

Ok I think I have decided on my aviary. Having become fascinated by animals jamming to music, especially birds, I have decided to do the Secretary bird, Peacock, and an undecided species of Parrot for my three. The Ringleader app will be "Secretary," while also working under that job title and nanny to the other two characters as her cover and job of choice(?) (who also may as well be their security force too). The Peacock is a father of the Parrot (unless shifter children are supposed to have their parents' animal only?), and they all share a roof (unless the Ringleaders are all supposed to be under the same roof). The Peacock is a celebrity, and the Parrot really enjoys music and dance, Secretary is obviously a damn near workaholic, but she also makes time to do goofy stuff and jam.

Is there a limit to how young our characters can be? I was thinking of making one of my characters be a child / teen, but I wanted to check about age limits first.

Is there a limit to how young our characters can be? I was thinking of making one of my characters be a child / teen, but I wanted to check about age limits first.
I'd say any age is fine? So long as you play them realistically

I am interested in this but I was wondering if aquatic animals were allowed?
Hmmm purely aquatic would be tricky but as long as they live by a water source I don't see why not?

Sounds good, I was thinking of doing a cone snail shifter who is more of a socialite doing odd jobs as a cover for being an underground medic of some sorts.

Just a few questions that came to mind: From the description, it sounds like this roleplay would be closer to a modern day and/or sci-fi setting. Is that guess correct, or is it a different setting? Just asking because it's marked as fantasy, but the whole "genetic experimenting" bit gives me more modern / sci-fi vibes.

Second, should we share our rough ideas for our characters here, before getting started on full character sheets? And if / when we get to making character sheets - will we get a thread to post them in? Or will they just be sent directly to you?

Last edited:
Just a few questions that came to mind: From the description, it sounds like this roleplay would be closer to a modern day and/or sci-fi setting. Is that guess correct, or is it a different setting? Just asking because it's marked as fantasy, but the whole "genetic experimenting" bit gives me more modern / sci-fi vibes.

Second, should we share our rough ideas for our characters here, before getting started on full character sheets? And if / when we get to making character sheets - will we get a thread to post them in? Or will they just be sent directly to you?
Once I get on my laptop I'll make a thread where we can put character sheets and do some official brainstorming/world building.

I considered this universe a mix of modern/fantasy setting. Idk if that makes sense tho lol

Once I get on my laptop I'll make a thread where we can put character sheets and do some official brainstorming/world building.

I considered this universe a mix of modern/fantasy setting. Idk if that makes sense tho lol
Alright! Sounds good :)

I think so. So there's modern day technology and stuff (cars, computers, etc.) but also more fantasy-like aspects (like the shapeshifting)? Did I get that right?

Hello everyone! Sorry for going quiet, I wanted to give it a few days to see if we got any more interest. I will be working on composing a world building thread soon and I'll be sure to link it once it's ready!

FINALLY GOT IT UP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back