• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Shapeshifter/Assasins RP

Zaeya

˜”*°• For those who dare to hope •°*”˜
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello! I've been dying to do a Shapeshifter/Assassin/Spy Rp for years now, and I'm hoping to garner some potential interest here!

I really only have the basics in mind:

a race of humans that had the power of shape-shifting and extended lifespans were on the brink of genocide many years ago. Children in particular were taken, experimented on in order to extract DNA ro transplant into soldiers to turn them into shapeshifters for a looming war, but none of the experiments worked.

When this same government was defeated, the scientists scrambled to destroy the lab, and get rid of any evidence of the heinous things they were doing, but they ran out of time and abandoned the lab, leaving groups of children behind to he found by the other country's army.

The Victor's were horrified by what they found, but also at a lost with what to do with this strange race of abandoned children. So, a stone faced general and his wife took them in, and trained them to become assassins and spies for this new world, using Their powers in exchange for a home, a small semblance of freedom.

The children are all adults now, slowly reforming their destroyed nation, but just as peace seems secured, whispers of a new War are heard in market places and social parties. It is now up to The Ring Leaders, five of the most powerful shapeshifters ever trained, to use their skills to infiltrate into high society and learn if their lives will once again be threatened.

That's all the background I've got so far! I'd love to have any other participants join me in doing some more world building as the rp goes on. Feel free to throw character applications below for anything from kids to normal citizens to a member of the Ring Leaders! Though, keep in mind that all Ring Leader applications MUST be over the age of 21. I look forward to meeting everyone, and of course any questions may be posted here or via DM!

I am also interested, will we be using face claims for our apps, if so, what kind?
I think any kind would be fine? Humans or anime. But I would steer clear of artists characters for obvious reasons.

Hi!!

Interested! If we shift into animals then thinkin of playing a spider or a bee. But if not a bird of prey. Ooohh! Like maybe the Harpy Eagle?

Exciting!! Will probably give it a few more hours BUT feel free to get started making your character bios/sheets!

Anything specific we should include?
Just the basics for now should be good, like name, age, gender, what animal they shift into, etc. They can be worked on further as we world build

Hi!! Interested in
Just the basics for now should be good, like name, age, gender, what animal they shift into, etc. They can be worked on further as we world build
Sooooo like if you were to turn into a bug and get stepped on... Is that insta death?

Hi!! Interested in
Sooooo like if you were to turn into a bug and get stepped on... Is that insta death?
I think yes, in terms of taking on smaller more fragile forms you'd take the risk of being more vulnerable

I'm debating between hummingbird and cat... can they talk when in their animal form? Like, to humans? Or to other animals, for that matter?

I'm debating between hummingbird and cat... can they talk when in their animal form? Like, to humans? Or to other animals, for that matter?
Hmmm they could probably mind speak to members of the same race and the species they settle into, but otherwise no

OMG AN 🐘 Yaaaaas

I just want to make sure I read everything correctly, bear with me 😅

A race of humans that had the power of shape-shifting and extended lifespans were on the brink of genocide many years ago. Children of this race in particular were taken and experimented on in order to extract DNA or transplant into soldiers to turn them into shapeshifters for a looming war, but none of the experiments worked (this meaning there was never a soldier that could successfully use the shapeshifter children's DNA).

When this government was defeated (the one that was encouraging or allowing this shapeshifter race's children to be taken and experimented on), the scientists scrambled to destroy the lab, and get rid of any evidence of the heinous things they were doing, but they ran out of time (which did in fact leave evidence behind for ?who? the opposing country/govt. to find) and abandoned the lab, leaving groups of children (the shapeshifter children) behind to be found by the other country's army (an opposing country and government that now runs the show/has power).

The Victor's (did you mean victors', or are they called Victors?) were horrified by what they found, but also at a lost with what to do with this strange race of abandoned children. So, a stone faced general, and his wife took them in and trained them to become assassins and spies for this new world (the country/government that won the war), using their powers in exchange for a home, a small semblance of freedom (so it's not full freedom because they are indeed expected to perform as soldiers in a way [in the forms of spies, assassins] for their new government by the encouragement and raising of a military family [if you will]). Do other people, non-military, know about their existence, that they can shapeshift?

I think I am also going to do a Tiger.

(to be clear I am only applying for 1 Ringleader. Can you play shapeshifters that are not as involved soldier-wise? Like a waitress, college student, nail artist, doctor, etc?)
Circe Circe Cheetahs are my favorite animals tied with Tigers! 💕

I just want to make sure I read everything correctly, bear with me 😅

A race of humans that had the power of shape-shifting and extended lifespans were on the brink of genocide many years ago. Children of this race in particular were taken and experimented on in order to extract DNA or transplant into soldiers to turn them into shapeshifters for a looming war, but none of the experiments worked (this meaning there was never a soldier that could successfully use the shapeshifter children's DNA).

When this government was defeated (the one that was encouraging or allowing this shapeshifter race's children to be taken and experimented on), the scientists scrambled to destroy the lab, and get rid of any evidence of the heinous things they were doing, but they ran out of time (which did in fact leave evidence behind for ?who? the opposing country/govt. to find) and abandoned the lab, leaving groups of children (the shapeshifter children) behind to be found by the other country's army (an opposing country and government that now runs the show/has power).

The Victor's (did you mean victors', or are they called Victors?) were horrified by what they found, but also at a lost with what to do with this strange race of abandoned children. So, a stone faced general, and his wife took them in and trained them to become assassins and spies for this new world (the country/government that won the war), using their powers in exchange for a home, a small semblance of freedom (so it's not full freedom because they are indeed expected to perform as soldiers in a way [in the forms of spies, assassins] for their new government by the encouragement and raising of a military family [if you will]). Do other people, non-military, know about their existence, that they can shapeshift?

I think I am also going to do a Tiger.

(to be clear I am only applying for 1 Ringleader. Can you play shapeshifters that are not as involved soldier-wise? Like a waitress, college student, nail artist, doctor, etc?)
Circe Circe Cheetahs are my favorite animals tied with Tigers! 💕
YES ya got it on the head, and yes I just meant "victors" as in the side that won the war lol

Regular citizens know the shapeshifters exist BUT not that they are spies or work for the new government.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back