• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Shadows on the Canyon Floor | OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Ooooh I love that idea! I'm just wondering, are you wanting this interaction to happen during the hunt or in the days running up to it? Chuu lives in the town the roleplay is set in so she'll be travelling from home to the church that morning.

At first I thought Chuu would never mistake an ocelot for a large housecat, then I remembered her vision isn't the best. Couple that with the bright morning sun and she'd totally pick her up and adopt her lol. "What's a house cat doing all the way out here? Better look after them so the demons don't get them" haha

I also think their contrasting personalities would work well. Chuu's sweet and gentle, she doesn't want to make waves or get in anyone's way, and Rain is bolder and braver. Chuu will definitely try to show her affection in a way that doesn't scare her off or make her uncomfortable
defo before the hunt. maybe like 3 weeks? but k dint realize your girlie was part of the town.

hmmmm... k so like maybe that all happened but chuu dint get lost and Rain is the one who stumbled onto the outskirts due to being outnumbered by undead and having to flee closer to civilization. then like chuu finds rain and they start their unlikely friendship. Oh! k and thinkin that the rancher dude gets all more suspcious of chuu when he starts noticing she running off into the woods and a couple times playing with a strange dog that never goes into the town with her?

Did you wanna NPC the limping wolf? Also so rain would try to pantomime rain falling from the sky to let chuu know what her name is. if Chuu cant figure it out, then she will just point to a flower tattoo on her arm. So you can chuu can know her as 'rain' or 'flower' lol And thinkin like rain will call Chuu by a whistling sound; two short whistles, first high, second low. like this:

defo before the hunt. maybe like 3 weeks? but k dint realize your girlie was part of the town.

hmmmm... k so like maybe that all happened but chuu dint get lost and Rain is the one who stumbled onto the outskirts due to being outnumbered by undead and having to flee closer to civilization. then like chuu finds rain and they start their unlikely friendship. Oh! k and thinkin that the rancher dude gets all more suspcious of chuu when he starts noticing she running off into the woods and a couple times playing with a strange dog that never goes into the town with her?

Did you wanna NPC the limping wolf? Also so rain would try to pantomime rain falling from the sky to let chuu know what her name is. if Chuu cant figure it out, then she will just point to a flower tattoo on her arm. So you can chuu can know her as 'rain' or 'flower' lol And thinkin like rain will call Chuu by a whistling sound; two short whistles, first high, second low. like this:

Okay, gotcha!

Chuu's job is to look after the livestock and exercise the horses, so she could always be in the woods looking for a goat that's wandered too far. She stumbles upon Rain who may have come a little closer to the farm to avoid the increasing number of the dead and the rest of the plot occurs from there c:

I'm happy to have the wolf as an NPC we share! How would you want the hunt to begin with these two? I was going to have Chuu "borrow" a horse from her boss to take on the hunt with her and sneak off to the church before the sun rises.

Okay, gotcha!

Chuu's job is to look after the livestock and exercise the horses, so she could always be in the woods looking for a goat that's wandered too far. She stumbles upon Rain who may have come a little closer to the farm to avoid the increasing number of the dead and the rest of the plot occurs from there c:

I'm happy to have the wolf as an NPC we share! How would you want the hunt to begin with these two? I was going to have Chuu "borrow" a horse from her boss to take on the hunt with her and sneak off to the church before the sun rises.
cool cools.

k so easy way or hard way? easy way is rain can shift into any animal she knows as small as a house cat, her gear is easily attatched to the horse or hidden in her cache in the woods. but like only drawback is that she cannot become human till next day.

hard way is for her to remain human and try to awkwardly navigate through civilized society. she is a feral and aggressive 6'5" tatted and muscular amazon with a spear and a giant war bow. not to mention she wears a bear skull for a headress. oh and she doesnt like human settlements. how is Chuu gunna explain the appearance of a giant huntress alla sudden showing up in their town lol

cool cools.

k so easy way or hard way? easy way is rain can shift into any animal she knows as small as a house cat, her gear is easily attatched to the horse or hidden in her cache in the woods. but like only drawback is that she cannot become human till next day.

hard way is for her to remain human and try to awkwardly navigate through civilized society. she is a feral and aggressive 6'5" tatted and muscular amazon with a spear and a giant war bow. not to mention she wears a bear skull for a headress. oh and she doesnt like human settlements. how is Chuu gunna explain the appearance of a giant huntress alla sudden showing up in their town lol
Hmmmmmm... I suppose Judas has brought an undead horse with him so what's another oddity in their party? Although if she doesn't like human settlements, it might be easier for her to be a little housecat on the back of Chuu's stolen horse haha. It's up to you, of course!

I'll write up Chuu stealing the horse and fetching her wolf from the woods, is Rain still staying in the woods near the farm?

Hmmmmmm... I suppose Judas has brought an undead horse with him so what's another oddity in their party? Although if she doesn't like human settlements, it might be easier for her to be a little housecat on the back of Chuu's stolen horse haha. It's up to you, of course!

I'll write up Chuu stealing the horse and fetching her wolf from the woods, is Rain still staying in the woods near the farm?
k cool cools. thinkin that the only way rain has gone into town is in the guise of a cat so thinkin that she feels safe with chuu in that form and will ride on the girls shoulders.

near-ish the farm cuz she likes to hide deep in the woods.

wolfie.jpg
kitty.jpg

yeah and i guess a zombie horse is prolly worse than a wolf and an amazon woman in their town lol. but k thinkin imma stick with kitty form

I can't wait to see how Frankie and Rain interact since they both seem to be people of little words, haha!

Maybe Chuu wouldn't be afraid of Frankie considering her eyesight?

Ska mentioned the only good demon is a dead one - dunno how Frankie is gonna be perceived by her, haha!

I can't wait to see how Frankie and Rain interact since they both seem to be people of little words, haha!

Ska mentioned the only good demon is a dead one - dunno how Frankie is gonna be perceived by her, haha!
Good idea! She'd probably notice his face is in shadow and assume she can't see it because of her eyesight

Depends on how much Frankie gives her probably! She is, unfortunately, a bit biased against the dealmakers specifically, lol

Depends on how much Frankie gives her probably! She is, unfortunately, a bit biased against the dealmakers specifically, lol
Yeah, right now she can't see his face, right? Maybe we should orchestrate an unlikely duo, haha.

Oops. is he like a for real for real demon or is he just cursed? Cuz like Rain has been trained to kill demons. Her backstory is that her mentor warned her about a War For The Dead and her role is to become a great shaman by killing demons and eating their hearts. Sooooo like yeah... you think Frankie's heart tastes good with a bit of curry spices? lol

K but like either way her bow will glow in the presence of demons so unless Frankie is something else entirely it will glow and Rain will try to shoot him cuz it hurts demons very badly lol.

But that's why i'm hopeful Chuu gets in good with him, cuz i think she is the only one that can talk her down.

It's OK, he's just some cursed guy, haha. P U T T H E B O W D O W N - Ain't nobody want trouble round these parts, Miss Amazon.

*shrugs* then calls the wolf over. both begin to sniff the shadow. both scrunch up their faces, dry heave, then walk away.

*shrugs* Meh written across her face. I guess he's okay lol

I love a good unlikely pairing!
eyo can Ska Dreamwalk or does she hold Seances?

Cuz like if so i think there's a work around for Rain to speak to her. Rain has an abilitiy called Commune where she talks to spirits, sooooo like if she can be taught to join a Seance or attune to Ska in a Dreamwalk, they should be able to actually talk to each other lol.

Could take a while to get to that level of trust since Ska is like suspicious of people lol but like just somethin to think about?

If Ska could dreamwalk that'd be wiiiild, Chuu has regular, incredibly vivid nightmares, so imagine wandering into her dreams and being like "woah..." djskjs

And Chuu accidentally gives people she dislikes similar nightmares all the time, so if someone in the party annoys her, beware lol

I think what Ska does would be closer to dream walking. She doesn’t so much do it with intention as have it done to her though. She’s a medium in the sense that spirits try to use her to communicate/ask for help!

I imagine something like that could work though, I do have a plan for her to learn to more effectively communicate in general though, as things go along! And definitely the first time Rain did something like that - depending on when - Ska would be very distrustful. She’ll get better though!

If Ska could dreamwalk that'd be wiiiild, Chuu has regular, incredibly vivid nightmares, so imagine wandering into her dreams and being like "woah..." djskjs

And Chuu accidentally gives people she dislikes similar nightmares all the time, so if someone in the party annoys her, beware lol
I think what Ska does would be closer to dream walking. She doesn’t so much do it with intention as have it done to her though. She’s a medium in the sense that spirits try to use her to communicate/ask for help!

I imagine something like that could work though, I do have a plan for her to learn to more effectively communicate in general though, as things go along! And definitely the first time Rain did something like that - depending on when - Ska would be very distrustful. She’ll get better though!

hmmm... thinkin like there's a thing going on here.

if Chuu's nightmare get really bad, i think rain would try to get her permission to see what's good there. then like if they go through with it, thinkin that if Ska sees it, she might not know what she is seeing but might get a 'spiritual' sense of what Rain is doing, cuz she'd have to do rituals to enact the Dreamwalk prior to sleep.

cool cools just some plotting for later

Judas is really out here about to give people sign language lessons huh-
i had it so that rain was a foil of judas lol. so expect resistance. rain doesn't like loud extroverts

...buuuuut liiiiiiiike if wolfie thinks judas smells alright there is a possible bridge down the pipeline lol.

Unfortunately for Rain

Judas LOVES being liked and can be very annoying
(And he loves animals so he’s GONNA wanna win the big doggie over)

Aaaaaaand Rain can talk to animals.

*gossip gossip* yeah that Judas prolly uses leg traps to brush wolves... oh thats right you got caught in one... does that make you feel bitey? do you feel all bitey about judas...? *gossip gossip*

oops. k dint realize you posted.

k soooo like any choice of name for wolfie? Oh and boy or girl wolf? i'mma see if i cant post today. if not then on tuesday

Tbf I think Wolfie is a great name lol, I kind of want them to have an ironically friendly name. I'm thinking male?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back