• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Shadows on the Canyon Floor | OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Sleipnir

The Eight-Legged Norse Horse
This will be our OOC thread! Feel free to introduce yourself, chat, discuss lore ideas, or whatever else here. I'm so, so down to have other people pitch lore ideas for this world state and would love to know anything y'all might want to say before we start, be that character thoughts, trigger/content red lights, ideas, or whatever else. I'll also have a map. Eventually.

Very excited for this, but will only have more time after the holidays, so I am just going to share the two vague character concepts in my mind right now.
First is a former veteran (assuming that there is some sort of conflict that may have happened a few years ago, we can keep this vague or figure out some lore to this later). He has settled down in Springdale a while ago and is quite content with his humble farm, keeping goats and chickens, tending to fruit trees and vegetable fields. When the peace is disturbed he begrudingly accepts that he has to help. Very down to earth, blunt, honest character.
Or, perhaps the strange hedge witch from Les Marais on the run from someone/something she wronged over there. Creative, mysterious, bizarre. She would be new to the town and finding work as a singer/dancer/entertainer at first. Again, can plot a lot of background or have it revealed during play as to why she had to leave the comfort of the large city, which she openly admits to prefering to Springdale. Bit snooty.

Also really looking forward to that map ;)

Very excited for this, but will only have more time after the holidays, so I am just going to share the two vague character concepts in my mind right now.
First is a former veteran (assuming that there is some sort of conflict that may have happened a few years ago, we can keep this vague or figure out some lore to this later). He has settled down in Springdale a while ago and is quite content with his humble farm, keeping goats and chickens, tending to fruit trees and vegetable fields. When the peace is disturbed he begrudingly accepts that he has to help. Very down to earth, blunt, honest character.
Or, perhaps the strange hedge witch from Les Marais on the run from someone/something she wronged over there. Creative, mysterious, bizarre. She would be new to the town and finding work as a singer/dancer/entertainer at first. Again, can plot a lot of background or have it revealed during play as to why she had to leave the comfort of the large city, which she openly admits to prefering to Springdale. Bit snooty.

Also really looking forward to that map ;)
Both of these concepts are SO fun and both would be SO easy to work! A north/south conflict has definitely still occured even if this isn't really a 1:1 of North America, along with various conflicts with the french or british or natives or what have you, plus the military units that still exist in the West (abandoned there by the government, perhaps...?)... so that would be super doable!

A hedge witch from Les Marais also sounds HELLA fun, especially if she's got a past! I love both of these!!

View attachment 1133572

Consider this my tracking post~
LOOK AT THAT BEAUTIFUL MAP

I have the NPCish concept of a wife living in Springdale who would likely become a second character as things develop that I PMed you. I’m not sure if she’s ideal to start with though

I also have an artistic gambler who’s definitely from the area and not at all from Not-Chicago.

I may go a different direction instead depending on what others bring to the table. I have many concepts….

Frankie No-Face DELIGHTS me

We may have to put some limitations on the camera somewhere, but we will not be getting rid of the camera gatlin gun. I am delighted by every part of this character

Aw, yay - I'm so glad! I really love the premise of this story.
Frankie No-Face DELIGHTS me

We may have to put some limitations on the camera somewhere, but we will not be getting rid of the camera gatlin gun. I am delighted by every part of this character
Yeah, definitely, I'll make sure he isn't a one wraith army, haha.

I’m getting VERY excited about these characters already djfhdb

I have also added a few folklore bits to the lore page about what happened out there to make the west weird!

Hey, haha - I was feeling really inspired by the setting so I made another character and submitted him. Maybe I can use him in the next campaign if this one goes well! I'd love to fill up this world with quirky weirdos, haha.

I’m glad there’s such a keen interest in the world I’m building here! I’m thrilled and a little surprised honestly!

Aw, I think everyone can see how much effort you put into the world building. I really love the vibe you've set with it.

Yeah!
So I think I'd like to limit her to one beast form, though I'm good with leaving which beast form she takes up to you. I'd like to limit her to just the one for balance's sake, but other than that, Rain looks good to go.
k i'd like to push back on balance. she can't shift back into human form until the break of dawn. That and like she don't have a gun lol. I think its fairly balanced cuz like in a gunfight? She tryna get you with a bow and arrow lol.

Hellooo :D
I've posted my little character. I hope it's okay that she's a little younger but I'm a sucker for found family stuff. I'm also totally cool if there's pushback from other characters about her coming, given she's not really experienced in combat and is only 17. She'll bicker her way into the party (or offer to look after their horses lol)

k i'd like to push back on balance. she can't shift back into human form until the break of dawn. That and like she don't have a gun lol. I think its fairly balanced cuz like in a gunfight? She tryna get you with a bow and arrow lol.
...Update
I. May have misread your character sheet. I did not realize she can't shift back into a human til the next day, and that's a good point on the gun. You're good sldkfjs

I've posted my little character. I hope it's okay that she's a little younger but I'm a sucker for found family stuff. I'm also totally cool if there's pushback from other characters about her coming, given she's not really experienced in combat and is only 17. She'll bicker her way into the party (or offer to look after their horses lol)
Good good good! There is no age limit so I'm not about to enforce one now! (Within reason anyway-- I doubt anyone would want a 12 year old tagging along to kill demons that have been eviscerating the local livestock!) I look forward to meeting her and everyone else.

I believe that's everyone! I may get a rogue post up tonight to get us started!!

Woohoo! I'll have a post up today. Your tomorrow, I guess. I live in China by the way! So my posts might appear at strange times for you guys.

k posted my charrie.

...aaaaaand so like i was thinkin maybe your girlie and mine could have a bit of a partnership? Its a bit complex but k check it.

On Chuus way to Springvale, to get away from highway robbers, she heads into the woods and gets lost. there she sees a strange spotted cat up in the trees sleeping. Rain doesn't know anything about local cat wildlife and so since she only knows central american animals she has taken an ocelot form. Thinking that the cat is just a big lost house cat, chuu 'rescues' it. When rain wakes she at first really aggressive but then soon realizes that Chuu is like her; an animal whisperer. That and the girl has a bow and arrow just like Rain too. Intrigued, she stays for a bit before taking off and just watching the girl from a distance.

Thinkin this goes on for a couple days and on the 3rd day, Rain scares some small prey into Chuu's direction to test her mettle and archery skills. thinkin that chuu nails it and whilst chuu is dealing with the body, the ocelot appears again. Rain stays the night and in the morning she is gone. later that day Rain returns in human form with a lone wolf; it is starved and shaking. It is limping. Chuu would note right away its scarring on one paw; it escaped a leg trap. Rain will just try to diffuse the situation by moving slowly and not making eye contact, pantomiming eating and pointing to the wolf. Thinkin she testing out the girls whispering ability. (but its skewed to it working cuz Rain told the wolf that if it followed her, it would get fed. Rain can speak with animals and probably knows how to sweet talk wolves since her 'siblings' were werewolves.)

I think Rain needs someone to help her navigate into the 'civilized' world. Rain cannot speak and is from the jungle, but she is not stupid. She knows she will never achieve her goal without being able to communicate properly. So its a trade to her; body guard for the girl in exchange for guiding her through the towns and cities. That and someone to help her lug her things when she shifts ...aaaaand Maybe Chuu has earned a limping pet wolf too lol?

lmk if this works at all k?

k posted my charrie.

...aaaaaand so like i was thinkin maybe your girlie and mine could have a bit of a partnership? Its a bit complex but k check it.

On Chuus way to Springvale, to get away from highway robbers, she heads into the woods and gets lost. there she sees a strange spotted cat up in the trees sleeping. Rain doesn't know anything about local cat wildlife and so since she only knows central american animals she has taken an ocelot form. Thinking that the cat is just a big lost house cat, chuu 'rescues' it. When rain wakes she at first really aggressive but then soon realizes that Chuu is like her; an animal whisperer. That and the girl has a bow and arrow just like Rain too. Intrigued, she stays for a bit before taking off and just watching the girl from a distance.

Thinkin this goes on for a couple days and on the 3rd day, Rain scares some small prey into Chuu's direction to test her mettle and archery skills. thinkin that chuu nails it and whilst chuu is dealing with the body, the ocelot appears again. Rain stays the night and in the morning she is gone. later that day Rain returns in human form with a lone wolf; it is starved and shaking. It is limping. Chuu would note right away its scarring on one paw; it escaped a leg trap. Rain will just try to diffuse the situation by moving slowly and not making eye contact, pantomiming eating and pointing to the wolf. Thinkin she testing out the girls whispering ability. (but its skewed to it working cuz Rain told the wolf that if it followed her, it would get fed. Rain can speak with animals and probably knows how to sweet talk wolves since her 'siblings' were werewolves.)

I think Rain needs someone to help her navigate into the 'civilized' world. Rain cannot speak and is from the jungle, but she is not stupid. She knows she will never achieve her goal without being able to communicate properly. So its a trade to her; body guard for the girl in exchange for guiding her through the towns and cities. That and someone to help her lug her things when she shifts ...aaaaand Maybe Chuu has earned a limping pet wolf too lol?

lmk if this works at all k?
Ooooh I love that idea! I'm just wondering, are you wanting this interaction to happen during the hunt or in the days running up to it? Chuu lives in the town the roleplay is set in so she'll be travelling from home to the church that morning.

At first I thought Chuu would never mistake an ocelot for a large housecat, then I remembered her vision isn't the best. Couple that with the bright morning sun and she'd totally pick her up and adopt her lol. "What's a house cat doing all the way out here? Better look after them so the demons don't get them" haha

I also think their contrasting personalities would work well. Chuu's sweet and gentle, she doesn't want to make waves or get in anyone's way, and Rain is bolder and braver. Chuu will definitely try to show her affection in a way that doesn't scare her off or make her uncomfortable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back