• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Shadows of the Setting Sun (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Exalted Vs the World of Darkness (A hobby project Holden released after being kicked off Exalted 3e) might be the single most difficult to run game I've ever seen, requiring a working knowledge of basically the entire line of White Wolf games to pull off well. It's a serious nerd flex. Playing it, on the other hand, requires nothing more than having lived in the modern world. You knowing nothing about the supernatural world is, if anything, a plus for playing your character, as they probably don't know anything about the supernatural world either. You both get to discover what the fuck a vozhd, a Black Spiral Dancer, a Progenitor, or a Ravnos Antediluvian is at the same time!

I loved ExVsWoD, and I think this AW port is even better. I like what I'm seeing so far.

I had made a joke about it once. And was poop-my-pants pleased when I heard it was a thing. All we need now is to throw scion into the mix. Unless that's also under WoD.

Exalted Vs the World of Darkness (A hobby project Holden released after being kicked off Exalted 3e) might be the single most difficult to run game I've ever seen, requiring a working knowledge of basically the entire line of White Wolf games to pull off well. It's a serious nerd flex. Playing it, on the other hand, requires nothing more than having lived in the modern world. You knowing nothing about the supernatural world is, if anything, a plus for playing your character, as they probably don't know anything about the supernatural world either. You both get to discover what the fuck a vozhd, a Black Spiral Dancer, a Progenitor, or a Ravnos Antediluvian is at the same time!

I loved ExVsWoD, and I think this AW port is even better. I like what I'm seeing so far.
So is this Exalted in the modern world, or something along those lines?

If I ran, it would have nothing to do with WoD. But the structure and abilities are there. Id just run it as Exalted straight.

Yes, the World of Darkness is set in the modern era, with a supernatural world that works hard to conceal itself from normal human society and manipulates everything from the shadows. ExVsWoD tosses an explosive cocktail of Exalted, not seen since the end of the Second Age loooong ago, into the powder keg. The WoD is a world where everything is going wrong, and everyone is probably doomed, and ExVsWoD asks if Exalted heroes can save it.
If I ran, it would have nothing to do with WoD. But the structure and abilities are there. Id just run it as Exalted straight.
Oh, well, fair enough - that certainly makes things simpler. If I made an attempt to run it I would keep them in for all the iconic and interesting antagonists worthy of challenging the Exalted.

Oh, thank goodness. Tabletop games taking place in the modern world aren't exactly my cup of tea.

Still not quite sure about swapping over to a different system though. I guess I simply haven't been playing 3e long enough to spot any serious problems with it.

Regarding my earlier comment about modern world tabletop games, after having a bit of time to consider the idea, I think I might be up for it. If only because I'm getting Final Fantasy XV vibes from it.

Exalted has always been heavily influenced by games like Final Fantasy, so that is not really surprising.

Anyone else want to try their hand at searching the area around the stakes where the bodies were? Otherwise, this figure will approach and we’ll move on to that bit.

Tyree's focus is on the figure approaching, just in case s/he decides to be unfriendly.

Sigrdrífa doesn't care why these people were killed (She thinks it's obvious - someone is intimidating their enemies.) or by whom (She's here to slay monsters, not fight whatever conflict this is. If whoever did this happens to be a monster worthy of slaying she'll find and kill them regardless.)

Affy is with Sigfrida. Doesn't care why.

She is more going to be interested by the newcomer. I can't post at the moment, but if you do, you can assume that Afureru wheeled the beast to go to Tyree's side.

I got suckered into Final Fantasy when I first saw VII played when I was still a kid, been a fan ever since. Like jaydude, I'm not generally a fan of the modern world as a setting for games. I like to explore new places with my entertainment. So while the supernatural elements in WoD make it a bit more interesting than a raw modern game, WoD as whole never caught my interest either.

That all said, I will give most things within reason an honest try. The Exalted setting is certainly a plus for me too. Especially with this crowd.

FF7 was my first FF as well. Still one of my favorite games of all time.

It's part of why Exalted appealed to me. If memory serves, Cloud was my first Exalted character I made. I named him something else, naturally...

Zoya, you look past reality, but see no spirits or dematerialized ghosts. Just you and your companions. And the figure strolling up the trail. You're unsure where the voice could have come from.
I was trying to also do the general investigation roll you called for, but if I can only look for one thing, that's fine too.

I was trying to also do the general investigation roll you called for, but if I can only look for one thing, that's fine too.
Ah, okay! I wasn’t sure. I thought maybe and then told myself no. I’ll add that for you. Thanks!

Just FYI all, D. Rex D. Rex wanted to tie this Abyssal encounter to a background idea he had for Afureru. It’s not all decided or anything, but we’re seeing where it takes us and what emerges.

I really LOVE PC-NPC-PC triangles best, though. So, I couldn’t say no.

Speaking of! *writes post*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back