• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Shadow of the Demon Lord

Deviltigerr

Elder Member
With Halloween, around the corner thought it would be appropriate...anyway Shadow of the demon lord is essentially set in a fantasy world last days. Reality is weakening with creatures from beyond, catastrophes and calamity affecting the world. Essentially its doom everywhere, vile demons roaming the lands, and the shadow of the demon lord affects the world around it.

Even in such a bleak world, all hope is not lost, Exceptional men and women can attempt to delay the impending apocalypse. They can be from all backgrounds. The world is dangerous and bleak, not every battles can be won but powerful magic can bring you back to life or you just end in the cycle of reincarnation.

As for your character, you'll get to make some choices: (optionally you can randomly generate everything from the race tables which is fine.)

The choice of your race:

-Human: any skin tones , size, shapes etc...yeah skin tones include blue, pink, purple, zebra etc...

-Changeling (Faceless hideous creatures who can take different appearances and blend with humans. Some don't even know they are changelings until later in their life.)

-Orcs, used to be slave and created by the empire a long time ago.

-Clockwork, Mechanical people with their soul bound to the machine, get to customize your character.

-Dwarf : Male and female dwarves have facial hair. Hoarding their treasures in great vaults and worshiping ancestors.

-Goblins: Exiled by the faerie queen, they have become a common part of human society, taking on the jobs that most people would consider disgusting, such as cleaning the sewers and the likes. No two goblins look alike and also they all have at least one odd habit.

Then your profession, instead of having skills, you have a profession or professions, which essentially affects what you know or do. Giving you bonuses on some rolls and the likes. Anyway you can choose or randomly roll for your profession. Most characters start with two professions.

Then you roll to determine your lifestyle/starting wealth. Gear up.

And finally every character starts with one interesting thing (this one is always rolled)

With this system being fairly new and quite sure, not many people have it , willing to guide through the entire process.

Yeah as recommended by the book, we are starting at level 0 (so you will do one short adventure to earn your first level) then you will be able to pick your basic path.

Paths is essentially your career/adventuring path, it goes like this:

-4 basic paths: Magician, Priest, Rogue, Warrior.

-At level 3, you get to choose an expert path: There are 18 choices possible! Not limited by your basic path choice.

-At level 7, you get to choose a master path or a second expert path: 70+ master paths possible. Again not limited by your previous choices.

Of course some paths have better synergy between each other such as magician - Wizard - Chronomancer for example but you are never forced to follow a certain path.

Leveling up is not tracked by xp, but usually simply focuses on completing major stories objectives (essentially tell you when you level up.) , No grids necessary, theater of the mind essentially.

Awesome to make a clockwork:

Clockwork starts with : Strength 9, Agility 8, Intellect 9, Will 9 (you can add +1 to one score and remove -1 to another)

Age: roll 3d6 to determine the age category or if you want to choose the age, its fine.

Clockwork purpose: roll 1d20 to determine the purpose of the clockwork (it will add +2 to one stat above)

clockwork origin: roll 3d6 to know what rough form you have or choose

Appearance: roll 3d6 to determine the appearance or if you have something in mind just let me know

clockwork background: roll 1d20 to determine your background or if you have something in mind, don't hesitate to ask

clockwork personality: roll 3d6 to determine a personality quirk/trait or choose

Choose two professions or roll for them (1d6 then 1d20 for each profession)

Determine your wealth/lifestyle: roll 3d6

Is this a homebrew system? Sounds interesting really.

Not homebrew but this system was born in kickstarter. Essentially a mix of Warhammer, d20, 13th age, guess if that makes any kind of sense. Still tho very simple system to use, if you are interested in one of the races let me know. Essentially we will start at level 0, do a quick adventure, you become first level and you choose your basic path, then yeah more adventures.

how about... why not be a goblin?

Goblin:

Strength 8 Agility 12 Intellect 10 Will 9 (Like usual can adjust score, +1/-1 from one score to another)

the rolls or choose:

Goblin build: 3d6

Goblin distinctive appearance: 1d20

Goblin odd habit: 1d20

Goblin background: 1d20

Goblin personality: 3d6

Professions: two, 1d6 then 1d20 for each profession.

Starting wealth: 3d6

Interesting thing: 1d6 then 1d20

Last edited by a moderator:
alright, so do i just roll him up here and you tell me what hilarity came up?

alright then, roll spree incoming!

[dice]15869[/dice]

[dice]15870[/dice]

[dice]15871[/dice]

[dice]15872[/dice]

[dice]15873[/dice]

[dice]15874[/dice]

[dice]15875[/dice]

[dice]15876[/dice]

[dice]15877[/dice]

[dice]15878[/dice]

[dice]15879[/dice]

Careful, that spoiler's a roll bomb.

Goblin age: Adolescent, between 7 to 10 years old

Build: Average height and weight for goblins (so around 3 ft tall)

Distinctive appearance: A wide, leering grin

odd habit: You have tremendous flatulence, yet you seem never to notice when you break wind.

Background: Stole a knife from a dashing knight (up to you to make this story intriguing)

Personality: Look out for yourself, damn everyone else to hell!

Professions:

-Informant (criminal)

-Drover or Herder

Wealth: Getting By

You have a dagger, a staff or club or sling with 20 stones,

basic clothing, a backpack, a week of rations, a waterskin, a

tinderbox, 1d3 torches, and a pouch containing 1d6 cp.

Interesting thing:

A newborn baby that might or might not be yours.

Now with that information, you can have fun and make a cohesive story and character out of it.

its.. uhh.. unique i must say...

Okay:

What's a Proffession? Otherwise, Dice Rolls:

[dice]15892[/dice]

[dice]15893[/dice]

[dice]15894[/dice]

[dice]15895[/dice]

[dice]15896[/dice]

[dice]15897[/dice]

What's Proffession? Apparently I can choose.

[dice]15898[/dice]

professions are jobs simply, of course think mostly of dark ages kind of jobs. Professions are what you are skilled at essentially.

Clockwork age: 6 to 10 years old, experienced.

Purpose: Built for war increase strength or agility by 2

Origin/form: Humanoid clockwork, well made 6 ft tall, 300 lbs.

Appearance: Stylized and ornate body

Background: Spent 1d20 years in dormant state

personality: You search for meaning in a world in which you have no place.

Lifestyle: Poor. you live in squalor.

You have a staff or club or sling with 20 stones, patched basic clothing, a sack, bread, a waterskin, a tinderbox, a candle, and a pouch containing 2d6 bits.

need to roll for interesting thing too: 1d6 and then 1d20.

I'm sort of interested. Though this would be my first dice roleplay, so you might have to be a bit patient with me...

I'd like to be human, I guess.

Maybe your first dice roleplay, but you most certainly have good taste in avatars, damn now i miss that game.

@Qumack Alright Human, its pretty simple:

Strength 10, Agility 10, Intellect 10, Will 10. Add one attribute to one of these stats plus you can also adjust a stat with another +1/-1)

Beside that as a Human (you can choose the gender, the skin tone, etc...but anyway):

Human background: roll 1d20

Human personality: roll 3d6

Human religion: roll 3d6

Human age: roll 3d6

Human build: roll 3d6

Human appearance: roll 3d6

then two professions: roll 1d6 then 1d20 (do it twice)

Starting wealth: roll 3d6

Interesting thing: roll 1d6 then 1d20 to determine your interesting thing

Okay, Professions are: Mechanics (duh), and Scientist.

[dice]15934[/dice]

[dice]15935[/dice]

note: this is also my first.

its dark ages so for a profession: Artisan with a specialty and for scientist (Academic-science) is a thing indeed.

Um... I'll just roll the dice and ask questions later, I guess.

Dice Rolls
[dice]15966[/dice]

[dice]15967[/dice]

[dice]15968[/dice]

[dice]15969[/dice]

[dice]15970[/dice]

[dice]15971[/dice]
Professions...? #1
[dice]15972[/dice]

[dice]15973[/dice]
Professions...? #2
[dice]15974[/dice]

[dice]15975[/dice]
Wealth and Interesting thing
[dice]15976[/dice]

[dice]15977[/dice]

[dice]15978[/dice]

@Qumack :

Alright let see: (something I forgot you can choose one additional language or one random profession as a human so let me know)

Background: You spent 1d6 years as a prisoner in a dungeon.

Personality: You put your interests and those of your friends above all else.

Religion: You follow the tenets of the Old Faith. (Essentially believing there are multiple gods taking care of stuffs instead of the New god religion with one god)

Build: Average height and weight

Appearance: You are perfectly average in appearance. You look like everyone else.

Professions:

-Astrology (Academic)

-Inquisitor's Henchman. You work for an inquisitor or a witch hunter.

Wealth: Getting By

You have a dagger, a staff or club or sling with 20 stones, basic clothing, a backpack, a week of rations, a waterskin, a tinderbox, 1d3 torches, and a pouch containing 1d6 cp.

Interesting thing: A small dog with a tendency toward viciousness.

Okay. Should I roll for the Background, and equipment here? And also, do I choose which I work for? And what's an Inquisitor or witch hunter, just to make sure?

yeah you can roll here.

Inquisitor are usually people working for a religious organization and doing some investigation and taking care of heretics to their churches. Witch hunter in general hunt witches as their names implied, usually evil witches who are consorting with dark powers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back