• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom  𝒀𝑼・𝑮𝑬𝑵 ﹚ temp ooc

Characters
Here
Other
Here

cwosont

Supporter
Roleplay Availability
the last agni kai
YUGEN
幽玄
Overview
Bending
Guidelines
  • Overview
    Overview
    To watch the sun sink behind a flower clad hill.
    BG
    In the Earth Kingdom capital, the Avatar takes his final breath. He is honored in the streets of Ba Sing Se with prayer and festivity. As the kingdom mourns their loss, the rest of the world turns its attention to the Fire Nation. The home to the next Avatar in the cycle.

Three months later, the new Avatar is born.
    BG
    A startling realization comes to light. Fire Sages, responsible for identifying the Avatar's incarnation, are called to Ma'inka Island. They are brought to a pair of twins. Shogo bends fire and air, Shoko earth and water. There is no doubt they share the spirit of the Avatar within them, but never before has there been two Avatars. The Fire Sages are in disbelief and uncertain of their next steps. Reluctantly, they reach out to the other nations and their respective elders.

In the end, it is decided Shogo is the true Avatar. Fire is the next element in the cycle and Shoko can not wield it. Since the Avatar is the master all four elements, it also agreed on that Shogo and Shoko must become one. Shogo is not yet powerful enough to consume his sister's spiritual energy and will undergo training for the next several years.
    BG
    The eighteenth birthday of Shogo and Shoko marks the day the twin Avatars will become one. Shogo has been training his spiritual power for the last decade in order to be capable of such a feat. Shoko, raised to submit to the true Avatar, has lived a fraction of the life her brother has.
    BG
    The world is shaken by the disappearance of Shoko, and of the realization that their Avatar may never be whole. The Order of the White Lotus is unsuccessful in their efforts to find Shoko in the ten years following her disappearance.

Shoko makes herself known again with an army of believers at her side. Men, women, and all others who took Shoko's story to heart. They see her as the true Avatar and curse Shogo for ever thinking he could consume his sister's spirit. Shoko makes it known she will not submit to the will of the White Lotus without a fight.

Shoko declares war on her brother.
    BG
    The Order of the White Lotus finds themselves desperate. They call for each nation to send their best warriors to undergo training and trials to test their strength, resilience, and spirit.

In order to restore peace and balance, Shoko must be defeated.
Code by Nano

Last edited:
  • What real life time period is the roleplay inspired by?
    • It's a bit difficult to answer this question with a very set period. The Gaang Era is theorized among fans to be an equivalent to early 1800s pre-industrialization era. My co-gms and I want to say 14th Century through 16th Century Asia is a good reference point. Since there is a lot of ancient and modern/industrial references throughout the series, we are going to keep it a bit ambiguous. I think the main thing is that there is basically no mass production of goods, transportation has not advanced to use processed metals for steel ships, tanks, etc. we're basically dialing it back to feel more "medieval" in a sense.
  • Would the Foggy Swamp Tribe currently exist and be a viable place of origin for a Waterbender?
    • Yes, the Foggy Swamp Tribe does exist and is a viable place of origin!
  • Is it okay to make multiple applications for different roles, just as long as only one of them gets accepted?
    • Yes, that's fine!
  • What Air Nomad tattoos will be used in this era?
    • We will use the arrows featured in the series and with Yangchen. We think by this point in the timeline, the Air Nomads would have adopted the bison's markings.

adding these as they come in! also, there will be a lore thread added this weekend that will provide more timeline details on the current avatar war! i've got a midterm essay to finish tonight and then i'm free to work on more rp stuff lmao

Last edited:
Would the Foggy Swamp Tribe currently exist and be a viable place of origin for a Waterbender?
  • Yes, the Foggy Swamp Tribe does exist and is a viable place of origin!

I was gonna make a Foggy Swamp Tribe nonbender for my character LETS GOOOOOOOO

Exciting stuff! I gotta have a look at all the roles and do a little bit of research~

Oop, I have a question now orz

Is it okay to make multiple applications for different roles, just as long as only one of them gets accepted?

what airbending tattoos would they use? the one in avatar wan's era or the one in avatar yangchen's era?

what airbending tattoos would they use? the one in avatar wan's era or the one in avatar yangchen's era?
we will go with the tattoos we see with yangchen and beyond. i think by this point in the timeline, the air nomads would have adopted the bison's markings.

we will go with the tattoos we see with yangchen and beyond. i think by this point in the timeline, the air nomads would have adopted the bison's markings.
this is noted, thanks for answering!

adding these as they come in! also, there will be a lore thread added this weekend that will provide more timeline details on the current avatar war!
ooo, i'll wait for this before i start writing for my application then ^^

i've got a midterm essay to finish tonight and then i'm free to work on more rp stuff lmao
good luck!!

this is noted, thanks for answering!

ooo, i'll wait for this before i start writing for my application then ^^

good luck!!

i don't imagine it will affect character apps too much, as the questions are more introspective and focused on the role's principles. the war is not ravaging nations or anything to that degree. it's a bit more focused on thwarting white lotus efforts and things of that nature.

hi hi!
after mulling it over some and looking at the app stuff, i think i've a good idea of the kind of character i'd like to make (ㅅ´ ˘ `) now i've gotta hammer out possible origins...

as a small issue though, the text for the balance principles/roles is set to white (?), so it makes it a bit hard to read on light mode (mainly if i happen to be on mobile at the time). ;;

hi hi!
after mulling it over some and looking at the app stuff, i think i've a good idea of the kind of character i'd like to make (ㅅ´ ˘ `) now i've gotta hammer out possible origins...

as a small issue though, the text for the balance principles/roles is set to white (?), so it makes it a bit hard to read on light mode (mainly if i happen to be on mobile at the time). ;;
weird 🤔 i'll see if i can fix it!

hi hi!

okay, i put in a red color coding. this will make it visible on light mode. might be a bit of an eye sore on dark mode, but it's an issue with using a spoiler coding. hopefully it won't be too much of an problem LOL

okay, niceu niceu! :> i'm not sure if there is a way to change the spoiler background (if there is, i can't imagine it'd look too good aesthetically), but hopefully the change doesn't end up inconveniencing anyone orz

totally possible i missed this when reading through, but do we reply directly in the apps thread with our application? or should it be through PMs?

totally possible i missed this when reading through, but do we reply directly in the apps thread with our application? or should it be through PMs?
you apply by posting in the thread! we'll review them on thursday and reach out via dms if we decide to move forward with a cs~

oh cool, I own a copy of the Avatar TTRPG & ran a little game with it, it's cool that it's being used for this
i've been looking into ttrpgs for foundation and mechanics to incorporate into roleplays more recently! i've had years of written roleplay experience and it's been a lot of fun incorporating new elements. plus, it's helped build some confidence towards running a game with friends in the future lol

Yeah, that's a good way to do it. I went from forum RP (feralfront lol, I didn't get the memo that everyone migrated here until like two days ago) which got me into tabletop rpgs. I like dice rolling for the improv elements it brings out.

cwosont cwosont may i ask to have a copy of the application code? i have a hard time copying it since i'm just using my mobile device. thank you!

After a while spent getting back into the groove, I have thrown two options of a fiery gal and an old guy for people's entertainment, because I decided RPs need more characters above thirty lol

cwosont cwosont may i ask to have a copy of the application code? i have a hard time copying it since i'm just using my mobile device. thank you!

hello! cwo's currently asleep, but i've pasted the app code under the spoiler here. let me know if this helps or if you prefer to have it dm'd to you directly!

Code:
[nobr]
  [div=display: none;]
    [font=Times New Roman]fluticasone[/font]
    [font=Karla]fluticasone[/font]
  [/div]
  [div=
  --bgColor: #1c1c1c; /* color of text area */
  --accentColor: indianred; /* color of img bg */
  --textColor: ghostwhite; /* color of text itself */
  --imgIcon: url(https://placehold.co/400x600?text=image) no-repeat center center/cover; /* image */
  --bodyFont: 'Karla', sans-serif;
  --titleFont: 'Times New Roman', serif;
  display: flex;
  position: relative;
  flex-flow: row wrap;
  align-items: stretch;
  width: clamp(200px,100%,1000px);
  margin: 1em auto;
  background: var(--bgColor);
  color: var(--textColor);
  font-size: 1rem;
  font-family: var(--bodyFont);
  --titleShadow: drop-shadow(2px 1px 0px var(--bgColor)) drop-shadow(1px 1px 0px var(--accentColor));
  --headingBg: linear-gradient(180deg, var(--bgColor) 95%, rgba(225,225,225,0) 100%); ]
    [div=flex: 1 250px;
    background: var(--accentColor);
    min-height: 15rem;]
      [div=position: absolute;
      right: 0px;
      bottom: 0px;
      width: 100%;
      height: 100%;
      background: var(--imgIcon);] [/div]
    [/div]
    [div=flex: 4 300px;
    height: 30rem; /* height of text area */
    box-sizing: border-box;
    overflow: hidden;]
      [div=position: absolute;
      overflow: hidden;
      height: calc(100% - 4rem);
      width: calc(100% - 4rem);
      top: 2rem;
      left: 2rem;]
        [div=display: block;
        width: calc(100% + 50px);
        padding-right: 50px;
        height: 100%;
        scrollbar-gutter: stable both-edges;
        overflow-x: hidden;
        overflow-y: scroll;]
          [div=display: block;]
            position: sticky;
            top: 0px;
            background: var(--headingBg);]
              [div=display: inline;
              padding: 0px 1rem;
              line-height: 1;
              font-family: var(--titleFont);
              letter-spacing: -.05em;
              font-size: 3.5rem;
              text-transform: lowercase;
              font-weight: bold;
              filter: var(--titleShadow);]
                name here
              [/div]
            [/div]
            [comment]start of detail block div[/comment][div=display: block;
            padding: 1rem;]
                [div=display: inline-block; margin-left: 5px; font-family: var(--titleFont); text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 65%; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: -.03em; color: var(--accentColor); width: 5rem; text-align: right;]age[/div]
                [div=display: inline-block; margin-left: 2px;]age here[/div]
              [/div]
                [div=display: inline-block; margin-left: 5px; font-family: var(--titleFont); text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 65%; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: -.03em; color: var(--accentColor); width: 5rem; text-align: right;]nation[/div]
                [div=display: inline-block; margin-left: 2px;]nation here[/div]
              [/div]
                [div=display: inline-block; margin-left: 5px; font-family: var(--titleFont); text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 65%; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: -.03em; color: var(--accentColor); width: 5rem; text-align: right;]bending[/div]
                [div=display: inline-block; margin-left: 2px;]bending here[/div]
              [/div]
                [div=display: inline-block; margin-left: 5px; font-family: var(--titleFont); text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 65%; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: -.03em; color: var(--accentColor); width: 5rem; text-align: right;]role[/div]
                [div=display: inline-block; margin-left: 2px;]role here[/div]
              [/div]
            text-align: justify;
            padding: .35rem 1.5rem;]
[LIST]
[*]              [div=display: block;][B]First question goes here?[/B][/div]
[/LIST]
[div=display: block; margin-top: .5em;]
                Phasellus nec diam pretium, tristique leo ac, semper mauris. Sed vel turpis consequat, rutrum magna pharetra, suscipit libero. Etiam tristique, urna et pellentesque laoreet, magna sapien lacinia urna, eu tincidunt massa ligula et ligula. Quisque at dolor ligula. Mauris interdum euismod felis et condimentum. Fusce et congue neque.
              [/div]
[LIST]
[*]                [B]Second question goes here?[/B]
[/LIST]
              [/div]
              [comment]start of paragraph copypaste[/comment][div=display: block; margin-top: .5em;]
                Phasellus nec diam pretium, tristique leo ac, semper mauris. Sed vel turpis consequat, rutrum magna pharetra, suscipit libero. Etiam tristique, urna et pellentesque laoreet, magna sapien lacinia urna, eu tincidunt massa ligula et ligula. Quisque at dolor ligula. Mauris interdum euismod felis et condimentum. Fusce et congue neque.
              [/div]
[LIST]
[*]                [B]Third question goes here?[/B]
[/LIST]
              [/div]
              [/div][comment]end of paragraph copypaste[/comment]
              [comment]insert paragraph div BEFORE this comment tag[/comment]
            [/div]
          [/div]
          [div=
  --bgColor: #1c1c1c; /* color of text area */
  --accentColor: indianred; /* color of img bg */
  --textColor: ghostwhite; /* color of text itself */
  --imgIcon: url(https://placehold.co/400x600?text=image) no-repeat center center/cover; /* image */
  --bodyFont: 'Karla', sans-serif;
  --titleFont: 'Times New Roman', serif;
  display: flex;
  flex-flow: row wrap;
  align-items: stretch;
  width: clamp(200px,100%,1000px);
  margin: 1em auto;
  background: var(--bgColor);
  color: var(--textColor);
  font-family: var(--bodyFont);
  --titleShadow: drop-shadow(2px 1px 0px var(--bgColor)) drop-shadow(1px 1px 0px var(--accentColor));
  --headingBg: linear-gradient(180deg, var(--bgColor) 95%, rgba(225,225,225,0) 100%); ][/div][/div][/div][/div][/div][/div][/nobr]

i found some awesome atla original character makers if you have a problem finding a face claim ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back