• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 𝙨𝙚𝙩 𝙢𝙮 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 — 𝗮 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗵

dreamglow

𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝘄𝗲 𝗱𝗼

oh baby

i'm a fool for you

• filler tab, ignore!

♡design by nerdy tangents, coded by uxie♡

( click the small moon next to the star to enter. once in, click the 4 moons at the bottom to go through )

about me.
damn, dream back at it again with the interest checks. but real talk, i am back at it with the interest check. with my summer vacations officially over, i now have a somewhat normal schedule again and am looking to start a few 1x1s.

i'm in my early 20s, live in the est timezone, and have been writing and role-playing since 2011. i'm lgbtq+ friendly and write m/m, m// and m/f pairings.

i wish i could give you a posting frequency but my posting is so, so random that i can't. sometimes i can post every other/few days and sometimes two weeks go by before a post. please don't bug me for a post, be patient with me and i will do the same with you. even though i couldn't give you a post frequency, i can give you post length. generally my posts are 5+ paragraphs and over 600 words, however, don't think you have to match that! quality over quantity.

ooc & ic.
i am a big, big fan of ooc chat, like i won't shut up, and ask that you be as well. down to talk ooc on either discord or pm!

as for in character posts, i will do threads, pm or discord, whichever you'd prefer. i won't rp via email but can be convinced to do google docs.

about you.
since i'm in my early 20s, i ask that you be over 18. as stated in the previous tab, you don't have to match my post length! write whatever you're comfortable with. please use realistic face claims or describe their appearance, no drawings or anime. ideally, you'd be lgbtq+ friendly since most of my characters will be lgbtq+. my last request is that you're mature enough to handle topics and themes that are often considered heavy. also, please help contribute to and offer ideas up for the plot. don't make this a one way street.

oh one last thing. let me know if you're no longer interested! please don't just disappear, i'll miss you too much. to all of my old partners, dm me until i respond. it's been a busy summer.

pm me or comment below if interested!

rp no go's.
• huge age gap
• extreme power dynamics
• set relationship roles (i.e. seme & uke)
• writing out abuse

fandoms.
i'm not part of too many fandoms but the ones i am part of are listed below—

• peaky blinders
• fast & furious
• harry potter (oc x oc only)
• outer banks
• the queens gambit
• mortal instruments
• the night circus

pairings.
singer x singer
singer x non singer
singer x fan
celebrity x celebrity
celebrity x non celebrity
actor x actor
leader x leader
leader x second in command
criminal x detective
athlete x athlete
royal x non royal
royal x royal

original ideas.

— oceans & galaxies
throughout their life, muse a has known nothing but hardships. from divorces and death, alcoholism and overdoses, life hasn’t been too kind. after graduating from university, muse a decides they want a fresh start at life. so, they pack up their small possessions and set off, unaware of where this journey will take them. along the way, they stop at this small beach town and, after spending the rest of the day and night there, decide that this is where they want to settle. at the end of the week, muse a decides to go to a bar to celebrate a successful move in and a restart of life. it is there that they meet muse b, the one bartending for the night.

muse b has lived in the town all their life. their parents had moved here when they themselves were young, had muse b, and remained ever since. muse b spent their days exploring around town with the other kids, swimming, surfing and going to school. before heading off to university, they held various jobs such as lifeguarding at the beach, teaching swimming and surfing lessons, working at local restaurants, etc. after graduating, muse b retuned home and resumed work as a surfing instructor, taking up bartending on the side. it’s during a night of bartending that they meet muse a. after a few minutes of talking, muse b knows that muse a has been through a lot, can see it in their eyes, the way they talk and hold themselves. right then and there, muse b decides to show muse a the healing powers of the small town by the ocean.

— la la land
muse a is a backup dancer for a very popular idol, muse b, and has been dancing for and going on tour with them for years. it hasn’t been easy—from the long hours of practice before tour, being in a different city every day, waking up early for rehearsal, the physical exertion of being on stage for the actual performance, and the lack of sleep. all of this has taken a significant toll on muse a's physical and mental health, and it doesn’t help that muse b has been targeting them during recent rehearsals.

muse b is one of the most famous idol's in the world, and has been so for many years. due to this, they feel constantly pressured to stay at the top of the charts, release new music constantly and go on tour every year. this year, they’re determined to make the tour the best yet. to do this, muse b changed the set and the style of dance to be done, modifying the choreography entirely. they know this has made it challenging for the dancers, but if they want to stay at the top of the charts, it must be done.

recently, muse b has noticed the struggles of muse a and confronts them about it, which leads to a heated argument and both sides storming off. muse a knows they can’t quit, this is their livelihood. so instead, they decide just to ignore muse b. it seems like muse b has the same idea in mind, and both avoid each other like the plague the next few days. however, it’s impossible to ignore each other when everyone is trapped on a tour bus after all.

— ride out
muse a is the top street racer in their country and one of the top five in the world. every race they participate in, they win, leaving their opponents in the dust. no one has even come close to beating them for years. enter muse b. now, muse b doesn’t have the years of experience that muse a does. they’re pretty much a total newcomer, having only entered the racing world almost two years ago. but they’re good, really freaking good. some may call it beginners luck but it’s just pure raw talent. having beaten all of the competition their hometown can offer, they now decide to step up to the international stage and it just so happens that they enter the same race as muse a. most are expecting muse b to get their ass kicked, but some are saying this race is the downfall of muse a.

[alternate plot: muse b is the sibling of muse a’s main rival, muse c. they spent years helping their muse c with fixing, tinkering and modifying cars, so it’s safe to say muse b knows what they’re doing. when muse c has to drop out of the race due to a bad injury, it’s now up to muse b to take over.]

— rather be a lover than a fighter
muse a has always been a fighter, having fight for survival pretty much since the day they were born. with two deadbeat parents who barely acknowledged them, muse a found themselves the sole provider for the household from a young age. it was hard—working late at night after school to try to earn some money, sleeping for a few hours on the floor, not knowing when their next meal was. years passed and nothing changed. until one day, in their twenties, muse a had enough. they got a well paying job as a bartender at the city’s most popular nightclub and moved into an apartment in a better part of town. now the only thing they have to fight is rude customers.

now muse b is the complete opposite. growing up in a very well to do family, they never had to wonder when their next meal was, spent every night in a warm comfortable bed, never had to work for anything. everything they could have ever wanted was handed to them on a silver platter. they graduated university at the top of their class and are now the executive assistant to the ceo of a top investment management company. one day after work, muse b and a few colleagues go to the nightclub muse a works at to celebrate closing a deal. expecting over-the-top service, muse b is taken aback by muse a’s less than friendly attitude towards them.

— tryna be foolish
muse a has spent the last few years living a very carefree lifestyle. a very reckless lifestyle in which they’ve endangered themselves multiple times. it doesn’t help that they’re constantly in the spotlight being the child of two famous musicians. tired of their antics, muse a’s parents hire muse b. now, most people think muse b is hired as a bodyguard for muse a, but they’re not. rather, they’re hired to befriend muse a and help them turn their life around. however, things turn messy when one catches feelings for the other, feelings that may or may not be reciprocated.

— crash & burn
ever since they were a child, muse a has dreamed of being a detective. they recently graduated from the local police academy and were quickly hired by the local police detective force. their first job is to go undercover to help bring down the city’s most feared mob. to do this, muse a must pretend they are interested in joining and go through the initiation process. once initiated, they participate in the activities, all while reporting back to the police precinct in secret. however, despite all this time spent with the mob group, they have yet to set eyes on the two people the police want brought down the most. one day, muse a is sent on a mission with a few others, one of the others being muse b. after, they find themselves hanging with muse b a lot and, despite b’s brash and indifferent persona, find themselves falling. when muse a finds out that muse b is the leader’s child, one of the people the police want to bring down the most, muse a has a decision to make — use muse b to get to their father? or quit being a detective, their dream since childhood, and stay with b.

the only life muse b has ever known has been mob. they were born into it and had no other choice but to live it. their great-grandfather started this mob, then their grandfather took over, then their father, and when their father steps down, muse b will take over. this is what the family does, how they work. they start learning all about the history and the inner workings of the gang as a child, along with weaponry. by the time muse b was 9, they knew more about weapons such as knives and guns than most people in the military. at 14, they could hit moving targets 50 feet away with their eyes closed. should they need to, muse b was ready to take over at a moments notice. but they didn’t want to. muse b wanted out of this life—but they couldn’t. this is what their family does, they have to do it too. there’s no other choice. upon realizing that they’re trapped, their personality takes a turn for the worse—becomes colder, more lethal and brutal. they don’t care. they just want out. but then they meet muse a, and maybe, just maybe, things might start looking up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back