• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Sequent | Quickfire Fantasy Experiment RP | Interest Check

Terrier B

Elephants can smell water.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

The
SEQUENT
A 'Micro-Waved' Fantasy RP

CONCEPT -

This is a idea I had for a quick-fire fantasy world-building type of affair.

The main premise is, we outline a (initially) basic fantasy world, just a handful of nations, creatures, races, groups, etc. Keeping it purposefully all very simple and straightforward to begin with.

We'll have a small-ish group of characters, but they can be as richly or as loosely 'lored-up' as you want, because...

With this first set of characters, they'll all go on one very precise, not-too-long adventure/quest together, and then as soon as that is completed, the RP will stop.
Fast forward, and resume again at least 20 years later.
We then play as a new set of characters that are all in some way either a direct decendant, result, or relation to the characters, or the events they went through, or even possibly caused in the first inital chaper of the RP.

Put as a really straightforward 1-2-3-Step-Guide, it would kind of look like this I suppose:
  1. There is Tim. Tim is a Wizard.
  2. Tim and Co™ is tasked to deliver a magical pizza.
  3. Tim and Co™ 'accidentally' kill the Pope. Chapter One of RP stops right there.
  4. RP resumes decades after the famed 'Pope Pizza' incident of ancient days gone, in the ruined world said event has left behind.
Hopefully that makes sense haha.

I really want and just kind of need all honesty, to get back into writing regularly as a good solid habit. But whenever I try via RP-ing, I always find myself getting bogged down in minute details and silly niche-nesses of world-building that are admiteddly, if I'm being brutal with myself, never really as vital to the plot as my mind tells me they actually are. I get so pegged up in it I never end up doing any actual narrative writing.
So that's the direct absolute aim with all of this then, to be the hopeful anecsote to the pendantic writer I suppose. We can try anyway.

THE BASICS -

So, these are all subject to change, I'd like all the World-Building to be a team effort kind of thing, but this is what I have in mind for the bare bones setup, to give us something to work with lets say.
And also becuase, this is actually my circus and my Monkeys so just deal with babeys...

The World has Four Nations.

Nation One + Nation Two
These are the biggest, they're about equal in size, and they absoloutely hate each other to bits. No ongoing war currently, but been plenty in the past.

Nation Three
The PeaceKeeper (very loosely anyway). This one houses the main religious organisation that holds the majority-belief in all four nations, sometimes just not consentually though...

Nation Four
Very minor one, built up of small dotted islands / Voyager Nomad Populace / any geogrophy-populace type that's inevitably going to be smaller in scale due to the land in which they live. This Nation will house the most generally discriminated and opressed persons of the World.

The 'Quest' in Question
I've got a few loose ideas floating around for it so far, but I'll probably adapt it a bit to suit whatever characters and world-lore you all come up with as we hopefully crack on with this. As a outline though, it will be a group of adventure-mercenary types who have been promised a life changing reward (money or otherwise), if they successfully carry out a very high-risk politically charged venture.
This Quest will have a (hopefully) surprising and impactful outcome, for our characters and the entire world in which they live too. And that's when the RP stops, we re-group a bit, discuss and plan out the broad strokes for the new and changed world in which this quest will have fated blah blah blah, you get the jist of it...

Because I say so:
- There's no Sexism in this Fantasy World. Women, Men and In-Between's are all treated equally, no discrimination at all on that note. Have fun with it! Think of how open that makes character creation, least it does in my opinion...​
- Magic exisits, but I'll put a limit on it as a dampener. You've got to work at magic to get any good at it, years of study and work. As we know, rich people have easier access to education and resources, so the wealthier-posher types of people in this fantasy world are often the ones to 'hoard' magical study and ability just because it's inevitably easier for them to access it if that makes sense. Every being in this world will possess the ability to control and create magic, but not everyone will get the chance to hone it into a usable skill.​

CONDITIONS (?) -
(Yes, there's literally just one at the moment, bear with, there will probs be more as we go, maybe...)

Rules sounded too harsh imo, so these are alternatively gonna be 'conditions'
As i've mentioned a few times now I think, this is ideally going to be a very collaborative venture, but I'm going to set these in stone now to give us sturdy foundation as to what this RP is and isn't about I guess.

1. This is going to be limited to four slots. I'm not going to put a limit on Characters, but I'm going to limit players.
    This thing will fall apart as soon as someone isn't commited to it. I think this RP is going to absoloutely depend on relatively swift without-much-delay sort of response time. So I'm going to be looking for dedicated literate players, who enjoy rich, but creative and adaptable story telling and world-building, who are up for a fun little collaborative experiment.

I can feel myself wanting to start writing more and more narraitve detail already, so I'm going to practice restraint and stop myself now haha.
If this gets enough interest, I'll start a OOC or Character Thread type thing where we can start properly brainstorming in more detail.

Please feel free to ask questions if you want down below, I'm worrying mysef that this doesn't make as much sense on the thread here as it does within my own head so honestly, do feel free to question what sounds a bit loony here haha.

Hi!!

What's that you need someone to eat the magic pizza, off some popes and ramble on about nothing too?! Here's my resume.

Is ooc on discord or rpn? And when you thinkin of launching?

This sounds like a fun experiment and I do need to work on my world-building skills!

Woo! I'm really glad to see this has gathered even a bit of interest!!

As of writing this comment, we're about 3/4 of my initial player request, so while this interest check is still simmering away, I'll get cracking on a proper more detailed and (hopefully) straightforward OOC/Lore thread.
There should be enough on that thread for people to start creating characters and thinking more on what they might want to inhabit and have present in this world.

Two things to ask here and possibly again in the to-be Lore/OOC thread though.

1) I think to keep this interesting for both myself, and hopefully all those that want to be involved in this, a Co-GM would be appreciated.
I'm a huge sucker for twists and surprises, and with a Co-GM on board too, I think it would not only help with management, but keep things very engaging and original for all players involved too.
So message me in one of the threads or via a PM if you'd be interested in Co-GM-ing this babey with me for sure, but please don't feel obligated to either haha. Just a lil shout out this one i guess.

2) I've used the phrase 'World-Building' a lot here, and I know there's a section of the site dedicated specifically to 'World-Building RP's'. But not to sound like a total four-flusher, idk if this RP will end up in that section? I'm going to wait for furhter feedbacl from y'all on that one. When we have a sort of definite team assembled, we can decide if we want this to be rich and detailed enough after all to be placed in the specifc 'World-Building' section, or if we're happy enough to remain in the basic 'Group-RP' bit if you get me.

Is ooc on discord or rpn? And when you thinkin of launching?

Woo! I'm pleased you're interested!
I've not considered a different platform admitedly. Discord suits some people, and it probably would help discussion for the collab-nature of this.
I'll go forward with the base OOC/Lore thread here, then see what people would prefer from there,

I am hoping for a relatively swift launch when we have enough interest gathered? As I mentioned in the OG post, as soon as any interest or enthusiasm for this begins to ebb, I think the concept will pretty much just crash and die immedietly so yeah, fairly soon i think haha.

This sounds like a fun experiment and I do need to work on my world-building skills!

Woo again!!
As mentioned above a lil, I'll get cracking now on a slightly more cleaned up thread and I'll let you guys know here when it's up,

This sounds interesting

I'm Glad!

Woo! I'm really glad to see this has gathered even a bit of interest!!

As of writing this comment, we're about 3/4 of my initial player request, so while this interest check is still simmering away, I'll get cracking on a proper more detailed and (hopefully) straightforward OOC/Lore thread.
There should be enough on that thread for people to start creating characters and thinking more on what they might want to inhabit and have present in this world.

Two things to ask here and possibly again in the to-be Lore/OOC thread though.

1) I think to keep this interesting for both myself, and hopefully all those that want to be involved in this, a Co-GM would be appreciated.
I'm a huge sucker for twists and surprises, and with a Co-GM on board too, I think it would not only help with management, but keep things very engaging and original for all players involved too.
So message me in one of the threads or via a PM if you'd be interested in Co-GM-ing this babey with me for sure, but please don't feel obligated to either haha. Just a lil shout out this one i guess.

2) I've used the phrase 'World-Building' a lot here, and I know there's a section of the site dedicated specifically to 'World-Building RP's'. But not to sound like a total four-flusher, idk if this RP will end up in that section? I'm going to wait for furhter feedbacl from y'all on that one. When we have a sort of definite team assembled, we can decide if we want this to be rich and detailed enough after all to be placed in the specifc 'World-Building' section, or if we're happy enough to remain in the basic 'Group-RP' bit if you get me.

Woo! I'm pleased you're interested!
I've not considered a different platform admitedly. Discord suits some people, and it probably would help discussion for the collab-nature of this.
I'll go forward with the base OOC/Lore thread here, then see what people would prefer from there,

I am hoping for a relatively swift launch when we have enough interest gathered? As I mentioned in the OG post, as soon as any interest or enthusiasm for this begins to ebb, I think the concept will pretty much just crash and die immedietly so yeah, fairly soon i think haha.

Woo again!!
As mentioned above a lil, I'll get cracking now on a slightly more cleaned up thread and I'll let you guys know here when it's up,

I'm Glad!
K thx for answers. But like most times discord goes to vote most.rpers vote discord then buggaButt has to take her ball and go home. Then cry. So like gunna pass then cuz just gunna make room for someone who can commit then k?

Good luck with RP!

Cool! I'm still interested even if we make it a more simple RP, I think the premise was to not get too caught up in the details so it works

Good luck with RP!
Oh I'm rlly sorry that puts you off? But if you're sure, then no problem, see you out there!

Straightforward simple RP? I'm down for it
Cool! I'm still interested even if we make it a more simple RP, I think the premise was to not get too caught up in the details so it works
I'm getting started on that thread now so it'll be up probs tonight or some point tomorrow hopefully 🤠

Interesting, is this inspired by Foundation perhaps?
Oo, I don't know what that is off of the top of my head, so not on purpose? You've caught me though, I'm curious, is it a RP setup or something?? 🤔

Otherwise, this is still an active interest check for anyone that's interested, please feel free to pop in and say hello! :)

Oh I'm rlly sorry that puts you off? But if you're sure, then no problem, see you out there!

I'm getting started on that thread now so it'll be up probs tonight or some point tomorrow hopefully 🤠

Oo, I don't know what that is off of the top of my head, so not on purpose? You've caught me though, I'm curious, is it a RP setup or something?? 🤔

Otherwise, this is still an active interest check for anyone that's interested, please feel free to pop in and say hello! :)
Foundation is an Asimov book series, it follows almost exactly the same structure you described where it follows a group of characters up to some major event, then skips forward decades or centuries to another group with some relation to the previous ones.

Ahhh! I have been a very bad GM!! Sorry for the radio silence lads. Work has been kicking me up the arse lately haha.

I promise, will get a basics thread up by weeks end at latest!!

I'll give it a go
Well, if anyone drops out, I'd love to be considered for this!
Also interested if a spot opens. : )

There’s still spots i’d say!! pls don’t leave!! come back!! haha.
4 players was a loose rule, i’m happy to have up to five or six, so please feel free to stick around or give it a go indeed 👍🏽🤠

Foundation is an Asimov book series, it follows almost exactly the same structure you described where it follows a group of characters up to some major event, then skips forward decades or centuries to another group with some relation to the previous ones.

This sounds rlly interesting!! This RP sprung from the idea of how interesting this would be as a potential book setup! I’ll have to give them a look sometime

1699374079363.gif

well well welllll, who immedietly proved her own point and absoloutely vanished from her own RP the second they started to lose the insiest bit of interest 😏

but in all seriousness i am very sorry for bailing like that lads. life was getting a bit mad and in hindsight i was not in the correct period to be thinking of starting and GM-ing a whole RP ahaha.

But the good news is, I am now!!!

So figured I'd wake up this interest thread first before maybe starting another, idk. Is anyone still interested in this as a concept??
Also, welcome to any new people hecking this thread out!! Yes we are accepting as of 07/11/23!! 🙂

Still interested! Just let me know what needs to be done. I’m on discord as well if that’s easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back