• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom semi-sandbox pokemon rp

If we do start, where should we start?

• Kanto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johto

• Hoenn

• Sinnoh

• Unova

• Kalos

• Total voters

Elysium

Nuts
I ran a thread on a different site a while ago, with this exact idea. Unfortunately, I posted this thread just as that site was starting to die, so it never achieved anything past a couple of pages and five characters. I loved the idea, however, so i really want to try it again. I'll pitch the premise first, and then go for a more detailed idea description. Here goes:

It's been ten years since the Great War. Team Rocket's final(?) uprising shattered the peace that engulfed the entire world into a massive conflict. The war eventually ended with Giovanni's death, but the casualties didn't end there. Much of the world's hierarchy was devastated, trainers or no. To respond to this, the World Pokemon Federation was created to rebuild society, and repair what had been broken.

Life went on. New trainers arose to take on a whole new world, full of new gym leaders, champions, and everyone in between. It was no longer Steven Stone's world, or Lance's, or even Red's. They are gone, fallen heroes who saved the world through ultimate sacrifice. Their legends live on, but their stories are done. It's a new age in the world of pokemon.

----

Alright, as may (or may not be -_- ) obvious from the brief intro above, this is going to be a darker, somewhat grittier pokemon. This isn't Ash Ketchum's happy-go-lucky romp through the world of pokemon. The world has changed, and not entirely for the better. Much of the worlds are still plagued by the effects of the war, I.E. Hoenn's volcano was force-erupted, resulted in massive destruction of everything north of Mauville (and I'll make up more when we get to it.)

There will be three teams, being the Unaffiliated (those just wanting to enjoy their adventure, help the world rebuild, be the best breeder, last living member of Team Magma, etc), The World Pokemon Federation (think pokemon FBI, seeking out the last remnants of Rocket and the de facto leaders of the world while it rebuilds), and Team Rocket (still trying to cause chaos and regain strength).

Any character you can think of is available, such as gym leaders, elite fours, etc. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon to answer questions. Ciao.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and on a side note, will all the regions that have had remakes have the original or updated towns? i.e. Mauville being redone for OR/AS

i know i posted unovva, but im also up for Hoeen. Those were my two favorite games. I never got to play X, but i have enough money to get x in a few ays, so i owulnt mind revisintg Hoenn, the place where lal my pokemon adventured started

I like it, I like it... Mm...

I'll bite.

KARP KARP.

tumblr_n47dxu8P6g1s5h198o1_400.gif

Oh wow. This got bigger than I thought faster than I thought. I don't have time to make the thread and start it tonight, but I will work on it after school tomorrow. And so far it's a tie between Hoenn and Unova. Hm... If all else fails, I'll be the tiebreaker.

And good job on the puns. Puns make everything punnier.

[QUOTE="Kori Zanos]That pun was quite ODDISH and rather ONIXpected

[/QUOTE]
Sometimes when things seem outlandish, you just have to look at your life, and say W YNAUT?

Elysium said:
Oh wow. This got bigger than I thought faster than I thought. I don't have time to make the thread and start it tonight, but I will work on it after school tomorrow. And so far it's a tie between Hoenn and Unova. Hm... If all else fails, I'll be the tiebreaker.
And good job on the puns. Puns make everything punnier.
Just let us know! I'll have to do some research on the Unova region, as it has been a while since I've played Black and White. :D

[QUOTE="Kori Zanos]Sometimes things may seem a little Farfetch'd, but you just gotta take a Chansey!

[/QUOTE]
I can already tell that working on this RP with you lovely people will be pure Blissey.

GalaxyGirl said:
Just let us know! I'll have to do some research on the Unova region, as it has been a while since I've played Black and White. :D

I can already tell that working on this RP with you lovely people will be pure Blissey.
Hearing that made me so Happiny

I have a quick attack question. Will stats be calculated for the Pokemon? Also, do we all get a Pokedex? If so is it filled already?

I would vote, if we did vote, no stats, yes pokedex.

In a realistic setting stats wouldn't be a big thing, unless of course... You were maybe, a breeder, looking to do good things with high stats.

So for that case I would say yes, but for trainers, unless curious, I'd probably say no.

I am partial to no stats as well. The only time I could see that being a problem is when players battle each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back