• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom semi-sandbox pokemon rp

If we do start, where should we start?

• Kanto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johto

• Hoenn

• Sinnoh

• Unova

• Kalos

• Total voters
That way higher levels/better technique would triumph where necessary but in a point where stats are crucial (especially with HP/PP) the skeleton stats could just be based off the in-game states of each individual Pokemon. Then it would just be a matter of doing an IV calculation.

That's a good one! Fairly simple layout, too. Say you catch a level 50 Caterpie who has 31 IVs for everything. He's just a super crazy awesome Caterpie. His stats would be:

HP 120

Atk + 55

Def = 55

SpAtk - 36

SpDef = 40

Spd = 65

(Adamant Nature).

So you could just roll for each stat (1-31) to get its base stats. Then input the IVs and the nature (which could be rolled for also), and voila.

EVs could be rewarded to each Pokemon based on the RPer's posts. If you type a great post, maybe your Pokemon gets 6 EV points. That way it would encourage everyone to give good, quality posts, as well as differentiate Pokemon.

But I'm good with no stats too :) I just thought if we were going to do stats, we may as well have a plan ready for them. Of course, everything is ultimately up to the GM.

I would go with stats with the generator and if we did it based on posts I wouldn't know how to go with the possibility of bringing pet pokes with ya... Hm. Good time for discussion, as I have two more days off until I go back to ze schoolz.

I really wasn't planning on stats. It would just overcomplicate things in the end, from my experiences with pokemon RPs. Generally ones that rewarded good writing over bigger numbers were more fun. Anyway, I'll start making the thread now. You can keep using this thread for questions and whatnot until it's done.

And it looks like we'll be starting in Hoenn. Works for me.

here's the link: Chaos in Hoenn

I'll finish this up in a little while. I've got some school stuff to finish real quick.

Hey everyone, we are still looking for members! We have some very interesting characters so far and would like to see more join.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back