• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom ♡ semi-lit, lit, or novella pokémon partner search ♡

cuzn

lucid luciel
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
4e8661b8feb6dc83dfe7cf59fe3b118b.gif

ciel ♡ looking for partners 16+ ♡ she / her

recently, i've really been craving a pokémon roleplay, and i have quite a few prompts to start off with!
i generally prefer playing as ocs, mostly as trainers, although i may be able to play a canon character in the future!
i also have a set of au rules that i made just to make it a bit more accessible for roleplays, but using these are completely optional ^^

1. humans can die from pokemon attacks, humans can also kill pokemon (pokemon poachers exist, although hunting pokemon without proper licensing or in a protected area is illegal)
2. team rocket and team skull are the only teams that exist just to keep things simple; team rocket is a bit more like a mafia, and team skull is more like a street gang
3. things that exist in the games like tier lists and complicated statistics don't exist here ... it keeps it fairly balanced and lets you choose a pokemon you like instead of just the strongest one out there
4. pokemon don't listen to you only because you catch them or x amount of badges, it mostly depends on their relationship and trust with their trainer
5. a kid can own a pokemon as early as 10 since thats when their pokemon license can be registered, but going on journeys at 10? no obviously not, i'd imagine the minimum age for journeying is 14
6. betting on pokemon battles is perfectly legal, as long as the battle is fought in proper conditions. this means that poisoning a pokemon beforehand, or giving a pokemon literal steroids, is a no-no
7. in the games and anime, multiple types of trainers were introduced... pokemon coordinators, pokemon performers, etc. who now exist in all regions and not just the ones they were introduced in!

pokemon professor x assistant
rival x rival (coordinators or trainers)
timid travel partner x adventurous travel partner
academy classmates
evil team admin x protagonist

here are some prompts and worldbuilding ideas to start off with, as well, if anyone is interested in those.

a mysterious new region, the alta region, has just been discovered, and what makes it so incredibly unique is that hybrids and cross-breeds between pokemon are able to exist here. our characters can either be a part of a research team sent to study these hybrid pokemon, they could be going on a journey together to explore the region, or they could simply live here as normal citizens. there are a few systems i have in place with this concept to keep it relatively simple and accessible, as well:

1. all pokemon hybrids are sterile, meaning that they're unable to produce offspring.
2. ditto and other pokemon that are able to alter their own genetic code to turn into other pokemon cannot produce hybrid offspring at all. (i.e. if a ditto turns into a lapras and breeds with a corsola, the offspring will always be a corsola - not part ditto or part lapras. it basically works the same as breeding in the games.)
3. pokemon hybrids are still a very rare occurrence, as there's only a 2% chance that the offspring will be a hybrid. otherwise, it follows the regular breeding system of being either one pokemon or the other.
4. pokemon hybrids are still limited to only two pokemon types, which means that if both a mother and a father have two different types, and none in common, there are many combinations of typings that a hybrid can take on. this means that two hybrids from the same parents can look completely different from each other according to their typing and mixed genetics.
5. there are generally two types of pokemon hybrids: there are the "maternal bond" hybrids, which are more common, and are technically the same species of pokemon as the mother is (which is visible in their body shape), but will have many physical traits belonging to the father. then, there are the "unclassified" hybrids, which you see in many pokemon fusion generators online, and share physical aspects of both the father and the mother. (i.e. a vaporeon's head on the body of a nidorina)

in an alternate universe where some humans are born "gifted" with the ability to use pokemon moves themselves, our characters are of the very few that possess this power. they have their own set type(s), their own four-move movesets, and in general form quicker bonds with pokemon that share their own typing versus pokemon that they have little in common with. with this system, our characters could be going on a journey together, they could be looking for the source of their strange powers, or one of our characters could be a power-less scientist that is studying the nature of the other character's strange abilities. like with the last prompt, i have a few rules set up just to explain things a little bit more thoroughly.

1. a human can have up to two pokemon types, and can only learn four moves at a time, same as a normal pokemon can.
2. humans are still human though, and actually getting hit by, say, a flame wheel would most likely kill them. they can't match up against a pokemon, or even another powered human, with only their own powers.
3. while they can't actually understand what their pokemon or pokemon of their type are saying, they are able to read the body language and bond faster with pokemon of their typing.
4. type matchups don't work the same way for humans as they do pokemon. for example, a grass-type human will still likely die whether someone hits them with an aqua jet attack or a flame burst attack.
5. powered humans are incredibly rare, and are oftentimes just the product of rumors and allegations. most people haven't even seen one in person, and many don't even think that they exist.

there exists far into the ocean a secluded archipelago of islands, known as the ouroboros islands, where pokemon are the dominating species, and the only humans present live in tribes and worship the "guardians" of the islands (two legendary pokemon, and one mythical pokemon) as deities. these tribal humans work alongside pokemon, but do not domesticate or own them, and treat them with the utmost respect, meanwhile pokemon flourish and thrive, making achievements that none thought possible for the species.

apparently, this mythical pokemon who serves as the heart of these islands is in a type of eternal hibernation, and as long as it sleeps, the pokemon on these islands are granted intelligence beyond what is considered normal. this means that pokemon can create buildings, they communicate with each other, and have moved past the "natural" way of living to become a part of a larger society.

(think pokemon mystery dungeon, but humans exist only as a "lesser" species)

for this prompt, we could play as pokemon, or as humans living in these tribes, but practically anything goes here!

those are a few of my ideas, although i'd love to hear yours if you have any of your own! of course, a roleplay in the normal pokemon universe is perfectly fine by me, as well ^^
please pm me if you're interested in planning something out with me! ♡

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back