• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Seiryūden ― OOC

I feel like I won't be able to get my CS in until this weekend cause of all the tests and stuff this week -.-

Well, I'm not sure if i've expressed my interest yet, but I've gone ahead and made a character. Let me know what you think or if there is anything that needs changing. @The Architect

@OneWayOut Hey there, would you mind if I had someone studying Bukijutsu too? A different style than your char's of course, I'd make a point of that. I was modelling my character around it yesterday, but if that'd bug ya I can change her around ^^

KaiaWolf said:
@OneWayOut Hey there, would you mind if I had someone studying Bukijutsu too? A different style than your char's of course, I'd make a point of that. I was modelling my character around it yesterday, but if that'd bug ya I can change her around ^^
its fine with me :)

My character sheet will be up later on tonight, I posted a WIP but I had to delete it and start over, as the coding went all funny upon posting~

That's not a problem however^w^

Oh and hello everyone, I look forward to roleplaying with you all~

LeSoraAmari said:
My character sheet will be up later on tonight, I posted a WIP but I had to delete it and start over, as the coding went all funny upon posting~
That's not a problem however^w^

Oh and hello everyone, I look forward to roleplaying with you all~
Hi! Hopefully, I can get mine up sometime this weekend.

Ohhh man. The closer I get to finishing my CS, the more excited I get for this RP. I should have something up by tomorrow night, if the fates are kind to my brain~

So, basically, this is at everyone. I'm a nighttime supervisor for a remodel project. I 'thought' Labor Day Monday would just be a day off. It turns out, it's a day off, and the upcoming four nights are really five nights worth of work packed into four nights. I put in 1-2 hours extra every day and we're busting ass (my entire crew) to meet deadlines. I may or may not get reviews up during the weekdays. However, I should still have time to answer questions as long as they're relatively short. So, if you have questions, go ahead and ask.

Secondly, I will (likely Saturday) be making a Custom Clan Template. A few people have expressed interest in custom clans, and I'm fine with that. This, however, ties into my presently constrained time. A normal week isn't so bad; I can generally put out several posts and whatnot on my downtime. This week, I learned holidays aren't really holidays.

Would there be a way for me to weasel into using a Kiri/Leaf love child here ? @The Architect

Or just a straight up Kiri -Nin

@Kinzu Hekmatyar Since the Fifth Great Shinobi War, it could be possible for a Kiri and Leaf love child, but the Kirigakure shinobi would likely have had to become an official Konohagakure shinobi or a civilian. Or for the parents to be separated. However, Kirigakure isn't in the best of shape right now, and it's not ruled by the best people, so it's not on good terms with Konoha. As the rules state, I am only accepting Konoha shinobi, so no, no Kiri nin. Not yet.

Moving on, and this goes at everyone, I have been working 11-13 hours per day in addition to prep work. Until Friday/Saturday, likely Saturday, I won't get to review any CS's. I know there are new ones. I have zero time to read them. As I said, this will end this week. And, I can likely make the first squad this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have created a Custom Clan Template. For anyone creating a custom clan, this is going to be a necessity. I don't care how small or if they have no unique traits, I want an entry for them. A Clan is different from a regular family. If I am told "I don't think I need to fill out an entire sheet for a small part of my character", then I'm probably just not going to let them be a Clan at all and force you to write them out as a regular civilian family. There is a lot of pride that comes with being part of a Clan. A lot of potential benefits, too. If you want access to that, fill out a quick sheet and get it approved. I put a ton of effort into making this world, so I won't let additions to it be made blindly.

Would a puppet jutsu like Sasori's/Kankuro's be alright despite being from the leaf and not the sand?

@Sha I'm going to answer this with an observation. A common trend I am seeing is that people want to be certain types of shinobi, and objectively, that's fine. However, realistically, there is no one in Konoha to necessarily teach them. While it's not seen onscreen or written into Naruto, it can be assumed Kankuro and Sasori learned at least some from former master puppeteers and the original puppeteers are claimed to be the Ōtsutsuki Clan. The Leaf Village, presently, has no puppeteers. If they did, it would be a War Veteran from the Fifth Great Shinobi War that joined Konoha. While that is plausible, I have no one to fill that spot and we haven't exactly expanded big enough to do that yet. Presently, I have chosen Hellkite to take the place of the other Jounin and I don't intend on creating a sensei-Jounin when I don't have the Genin to make real teams.

So, the technical answer is 'yes' in that you could make a Puppeteer being from the Leaf instead of the Sand. The practical answer is 'no' because I have no one to teach the character puppetry, therefore advance them. The closest I have is Hayato, but he only uses chakra threads for his chimes. Hayato would be able to teach a Genin the basics of chakra threads, but then nothing about puppetry. Puppetry is unique in that it requires immense chakra control and often leads to multiple elemental releases due to the fine nature of the jutsu. With no one to fill the void that type of highly-specific jutsu would necessitate, it's very hard for me to openly say that a puppeteer from the Leaf would be acceptable.

@The Architect The only ones who aren't a certain type of shinobi in Naruto are 'ninja fodder', if you will; having no discernable talent would make for a subpar experience in a roleplay like this. In regards to actually learning the jutsu, I could come up with a small clan which migrated from the sand some time ago. This could be how I would learn to create the puppets themselves as well as having a reason for my character to have an interest in this jutsu. The main thing I would be learning from a Sensei would be Chakra control and how to keep my distance in combat (as that's arguably one of the most important aspects of being a long-range Shinobi) as opposed to Chakra threads which could be taught by my family/clan. It mirrors the way Asuma would train his team: He can't use/intricately teach any of his pupil's jutsu but is still an invaluable teacher.

Thoughts?

@Sha The very first note I am going to make is that there will be no 'ninja fodder' - period. I didn't like that favorable characters from the original Naruto franchise ultimately became irrelevant, and I'm going to do my absolute best to avoid it here. Every character will have discernible talent because the variations in talent will not be nearly as great as they were in the original franchise. If someone chooses to make an Inuzuka character, later on down the line, they won't become irrelevant to the story like Kiba. If someone creates a Nara, their shadow binding techniques will be deadly and viable instead of utterly useless on most major enemies. The roleplay will center on tactics during combat and teamwork, not all-out brawls with highly destructive techniques. Take for instance the downfall of Minato Sarutobi in this world. After the major uprising in each Land, his ultimately downfall was anti-climatic. When his fissions reformed, he immediately fell into a well-placed trap and was executed with the Dead Demon Consuming Seal. While that is an extreme example, it is a very applicable one here.

But, I digress from that point. If you want to take the time to create a clan of puppeteers, again I would suggest they have multiple veterans of the Fifth Great Shinobi War, to justify your character, I can accept that. However, do note that repeatedly I have stated that Sunagakure has an incredible morale and lasted the longest period of time when Minato Sarutobi was taking over the world. If they left their homeland, a place that takes pride in its customs, I do want a very good reason for it. I don't want a Clan that moved just to justify a single character being in Konoha for convenience sake. I want a viable reason for it, unique identities and a backstory - all of which can be written in the Custom Clan Template I have provided. If you can meet that requirement, which is really just a feat of good writing and plotting, then you would fill the void of the puppetry technique. Notably, a puppeteer could likely be taught by Hayato effectively if he could learn his specific jutsu from his family. Hayato is a long-range fighter that uses refined chakra control and avoidance tactics to win his fights. It's not a bad setup at all.

Edit: Some notes from me would be to really tie into the war veterans angle. If the Clan was primarily constituted by puppeteers that fought in the Fifth Great Shinobi War, liberated Sunagakure and the Land of Wind, then helped hunt down Minato Sarutobi, you could have bonds of trust formed over decades of working together and the victory over Minato. In addition to that, they could make their decision to join Konoha over the duration of the Purge, which would be more logical than an immediate decision.

@The Architect 'Ninja fodder' was a reference to the faceless extras who have no notable talents or are very plain characters. Kiba is not ninja fodder because he does have a unique and specific jutsu. I wasn't referring to notable characters falling off as we progress in the story, merely that very few people are not going to want to be a "type" of Shinobi, as that is really where the appeal of the Naruto series thrives. Just want to clear that up, sorry for the confusion.

As for the clan itself; I understand your concern there but I don't think it's unfeasible seeing as how this RP is over 150 years after the 4th Shinobi War. That's quite a few generations and there are hundreds of reasons for clans to migrate and it would even be a bit strange if there was no change in the residents of the Hidden Villages over such a long span of time. This is made especially true because of the rebellion which was trained and constituted of, presumably, Shinobi from all the villages mingled together. Just as well, given the time span since the 4th Shinobi War, it would also make sense that a clan formed within the Leaf (constituting of originally Leaf Shinobi) who became puppeteers of their own accord and do not hail from the sand but were rather internally created, perhaps taking secrets from the puppeteers of the Sand in some way. On this note, an entire clan would not have to migrate, merely a single Sand Shinobi who came to the Leaf for love sparked during the 5th Shinobi War and formed the new clan of Puppeteers within the leaf.

I have to head out for a bit, I'll be back a bit later tonight to work on a CS or continue this discussion. Thanks for taking the time to talk with me about this, much appreciated :)

A Clan is simply a family. The origins of a clan do not necessarily have to be vague. For instance, you had the idea of a few Puppeteers from Sunagakure sharing the technique with Leaf Shinobi, presumably creating the first Konoha Puppeteer Squad. Well, that first "squad" would have another generation, and they could at that point consider everyone in it to be a Clan if they all took the last surname, and they continued it on through the generations. This is believable and could easily result in a clan of 30-50 members.

@The Architect Yep, that's my understanding of clans as well. I'll start working on a backstory for the clan itself and then create my CS. When I've finished I'll shoot you a PM with the clan's backstory before posting it so that we can be sure it's up to snuff.

To anyone interested, I have expanded the Lore to include more information regarding the Purge and the newly added Cursed Children. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back