• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy See the world and save it too. Modern fantasy setting.

Windjammer

The local Devil Ship
The balance of the world is under attack. Monters and beasts from another plane of existence have managed to invade the world of Halthera with the help of the Worshippers of the Dark One. No one knows how they did it, but it is known why. Those who worship the Dark One are completely convinced that by following him, the will achieve greatness, wealth or some other great desire. Of course anyone with sense would know these were just empty promises as false as a set of wooden teeth, right? Well, one must not forget that cults have a variety of ways of convincing the unwary of whatever beliefs they want.

Now, a variety of organizations have sprung up with the goal of countering the invasion, and have been met with varying degrees of success, however, the task is far from over. As such, new groups occasionally appear. One such group is simply called the Roadies. The Roadies travel in distinctive RVs, each with different equipment and purposes.

-----

This RP is basically a group of people traveling around and stopping various things from destroying those places. They go wherever they are called to go to.

My character will be the team leader.

PM me your CS.

Name:

Species:

Orientation:

Team Role:

Abilities:

Weaknesses:

Appearance:

Personality:

Bio:

I have a question: How long have monsters and the like been around? Would it be long enough for it to have become a part of everyone's everyday life, or is it a more recent occurrence where there weren't any major incidents until about a few years prior to the current time?

I have a question: How long have monsters and the like been around? Would it be long enough for it to have become a part of everyone's everyday life, or is it a more recent occurrence where there weren't any major incidents until about a few years prior to the current time?

Certainly. They would have been around for some time, gradually weaseling their way through the world, trying not to be noticed as they cause problems. Sometimes the problem is obvious, sometimes not.

If you need more info, Let me know

Hm...so like, would it just have been normal day to day things until they were noticed? Monsters just seeming like myths and stories until they were noticed?

Hm...so like, would it just have been normal day to day things until they were noticed? Monsters just seeming like myths and stories until they were noticed?

Sort of. Not everyone would notice at first. If someone is having trouble, they would try to get into contact with the team, and they go out to help. Sort of like hunting ghosts, but they likely have to fight off whatever they encounter.

Hi! I'm interested in possibly joining. I would also like to know what species of PC are available, since that's on the sheet. Also, would a ranger type character with a small, low-powered companion monster be something that would be allowed? Thanks!

Ok. What species are available, since that seems to be a part of the CS?

Hi! I'm interested in possibly joining. I would also like to know what species of PC are available, since that's on the sheet. Also, would a ranger type character with a small, low-powered companion monster be something that would be allowed? Thanks!

Id say the standard fantasy ones, just with a modern twist.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by ranger type character, but yes, a companion animal could be allowed, id say up to the size of an extra large dog, but not larger.

Id say the standard fantasy ones, just with a modern twist.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by ranger type character, but yes, a companion animal could be allowed, id say up to the size of an extra large dog, but not larger.

Ranger as in the DnD class (Tracking, survival, animal handling, the whole shebang). Awesome! I'll fill out and send you my CS. I have some more questions about specifics, but I'll just do my best and we can hash out any necessary corrections over PM. :)

Ranger as in the DnD class (Tracking, survival, animal handling, the whole shebang). Awesome! I'll fill out and send you my CS. I have some more questions about specifics, but I'll just do my best and we can hash out any necessary corrections over PM. :)

Ahh. Ok. Thank you for clarifying.

Sure. I'm mostly sticking with the tracking part, if you want to take the animal part.
Sounds good to me. I was wanting to lean more towards stealth anyway, it was just the independence that rangers have thanks to their survival skills that had me leaning towards them. Also the animal companions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back