• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Secure. Contain. Protect. [Not Accepting]

Siren77

Bored Ancient
There was a handful of us in the room together.

We were all dressed in our civilian clothes, but it was clear that we were all militants of some kind. The posture, the indifferent facial tones, the crisp clean look replicated across the board. It might be easy to assume we were all of the same force and fight, but hell even that might not be true.

What was true, is that we had all gotten the same call.

“5255 S 5th Ave, Pocatello, Idaho, 00:00. We’ve already booked your flights. We’ll let you in. Don’t be late.”

The message repeated five times, likely to give us the chance to jot it down or memorize it. An odd and informal method of contacting personnel. No calling card, no organization to speak of that contacted them, no number to call with questions, not even a specific address to the recipients. It was odd, even more so that they were sent to a state with nothing in it, to a city that bordered the middle of nowhere…

We were all fifteen minutes or more early, another bode of confidence in who we were out in the world. Not a word spoken, just shifty eyes and an uneasy atmosphere for the time being. She, however, was right on time. Exactly at midnight, dare I say to the millisecond, the door to the briefing center clacked open one final time.

Right off the bat it was clear she was a woman of care. Her attire was free of wrinkles, hair free of loose strands. She was very plain looking, not to say she was ugly or hard to look at. Rather she just looked normal, save for her polished look. She wore very little make up, bare essentials to accent her face, but nothing more. Only some dark eye liner and mascara from the looks of it against her dark brown skin. Her sleek back hair was pulled into a tight bun, glossy in the minimal light of the room, the bun itself perfect in size and shape. She wore a white button up blouse, top two undone, a grey knee length skirt, accompanied by an identically colored dress coat. Glasses were tucked in the coats breast pocket, with a badge dangling just beneath.

Jacklyn Bond
Ass. Director
SCP Foundation, Gem Facility.

“Ah, good. I’m glad to see you all made it here safely.”

A New Zealand accent. Odd for the location.

“My name is Jacklyn Bond, I apologize, our director wanted to be here themself but there were other pressing matters they need to attend to. So I am here to brief you on why you all were called here.”

The clipboard she had tucked under her arm was produced, and the glass she had tucked away were slipped onto her face. But she wouldn’t look at the pages just yet.

“I represent the SCP foundation, I’m sure you’ve heard our messages before, such as the brief moment of containment in Bosnia during the Omega Variant back in 2022, the interference during Operation Ukraine Freedom in 2025 with the publicly titled ‘Undead Holocaust’, and our close call with The Last Sun experiment in 2030. While you may not know much, that just means we did our jobs correctly.”

“The SCP Foundation is dedicated to the preservation of all human life, both from threats existential and physical. We have facilities all over the world, and are funded under the table from all governing bodies on a global scale. Due to this we are above International Law and Govern ourselves accordingly. As such, everyone in this room is obligated to follow our orders down to the syllable, even if you do not know our cause. Secure, Contain, Protect. That is why you are all here, that is why you all obeyed our message, and why your superiors were forwarding these orders as well.”

She pulled forward the clip board, eyes scanning the minimal pages on top as she continued to speak.

“Our facility here in the Gem State has been compromised. We’ve lost contact with all personnel, and have yet to recieve any manner status and containment report. When last communicated, a high alert was sent off, with claims that certain SCP’s have escaped. There is some suspicion of foul play from one of our own, but as of now we cannot confirm this. And that is where you come all in. Due to these aforementioned pressing matters, we cannot afford to expend any of our personnel for this mission, and instead turn to all of you. All of you retain some level of special forces training, the cream of the crop so to speak for your respective branches. Through recommendation alone you were chosen.”

“Your mission statement is as follows. To fulfill the SCP Code: Secure, Contain, and Protect. You are to infiltrate our facility outside the city of Twin Falls, and engage in reconnaissance for our organization. Find out what the status is of our facility, and report back to us for further instructions. You are to Secure any escaped SCP’s, Contain them, and Protect any living personnel remaining in the facility. You will not destroy our subjects, you will not let them escape, you will not harm our employees, you will not let them escape. Secure, Contain, and Protect. Those three words are our guidelines, and you will abide by them all exactly, or face termination at the closing of this operation.”

It was very vague. Clearly lacking in just what it was exactly we were being asked to engage with. Only that we couldn’t harm them, and could only contain them. Them along with the human workers it seemed.

“Crucial information, for the sake of maintaining our mission statement, will not be shared here. Once you have infiltrated our facility, you will be able to read up on all mission pertinent information after arriving at the first rally point in our communications center. For now I give you your first crucial decision. You may accept this mission, and the responsibilities and code of conduct I have outline. Or you may decline, and return to your daily lives. You may ask no questions, for you will receive no answers. You may not ask about our organization or attempt to expose what has been shared here, or you will be terminated. Should you accept, Sergeant First Class Saavedra will act as your Squad Leader for this operation.“

I stood, glancing about the room, curious as to who would stay and who would leave.

“Saavedra is a Green Beret in the US Army, and was educated on our plan of action prior to this meeting. He will carry on the briefing from here. But for now.”

Ms. Bond Set aside the Clip Board.

“You will make your decision. Nonverbally. No questions. No comments. Either you stand and leave this room now, at which point flights will be booked for your return home. Or you remain in your seats. Act now.”

I didn’t know much outside of the beginning of the Plan these people had given, so I felt just as clueless as the rest of these poor bastards. Unlike them I hadn’t been given much of a choice. Either I declined the request and be forced to retire just a few years shy of my eligibility for retirement, or I accept, and risk my life for this shit show.

Either way. I had a sneaking suspicion none of us were going to make it through this.

//AFTERWARDS

Hello There! I’m glad to see you took the time to read my little blurb here!

I think I outlined the plot well enough in the text above, but just as a crash course! The story will follow a Squad of selectively chosen militants from all ranges of special forces backgrounds that have been tasked with liberating the mysterious SCP Foundations facility in Idaho of the United States. As Ms. Bond put it, their job is to restore order to the facility, while preventing escapes from both SCP and Humans alike.

I intend to take creative liberties, as should you all! My plan is to create and scheme our own archive of SCP’s, some known faces, some original, all adversaries our characters will interact with over the course of this operation.

It should be noted that characters do not necessarily need to have a military background. I’m open to skilled individuals from police force, specifically Interpol, and other large scale organizations. The reason I have an emphasis on Special Forces is their preparation for unconventional warfare, of which this task certainly is.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Wise Cracks? Feel free to leave a message down below if you’re interested! I’m looking for a group of 5-7 other participants not including myself!

Either way, have a blessed day and thank you for reading!!!//

Last edited:
Damn, no more slots :c but I wont ask if an exception can be made :p

If anything changes, I'm very interested in this and would love to join in ^-^

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back