• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Seasons of Future Past | 1x1 RP [CLOSED]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

ParadoxiiNight

That awkward, sleep-deprived one

tumblr_oi1xpvVD6I1v1xjolo1_400.gif

We had been friends – inseparable, really. And then you were gone. For a long time I heard nothing of you, no matter how hard I looked, and then, just as I was about to give up, you came back.

You are different now. The person I once knew is hidden behind layers of discipline and guardedness. Sometimes, I catch you looking lonely, but I don't know where to start.

But I miss you. My dearest friend whom I will always have faith in. You are struggling now, but I will help you the best way I know.

Let's be friends once more.

created by junie.

1451528851animated-cat-art-gif-27.gif
You can get rid of this if you like but my OCD demanded this.

Lakeshore stared out the window pensively. Below her, perfect white clouds floated through the sky, and between them, there were fields, houses and water. The military plane in which her unit flew glided through the sky, having hit mild turbulence but once throughout the trip. She was on a flight back to Korea, at long last. As for what awaited her at the other end of the flight, she didn't know. She'd already informed her friends of her impending arrival, but had to board before anyone responded.

Laying a hand on the gun that rested upon her lap, she sighed wistfully. It had been two long years.

Social media was a blessing, she reflected, not for the first time. Her friends posted quite regularly, and even mentioned her here and there, expressing good wishes and sending 'I miss you's out into the chaotic mess that was the internet. Lakeshore knew exactly what her friends had been up to; extracurriculars, schools, new friends, old friends, dramas, holidays. It was a wild ride that she seemed to have missed out on.

Her friends had seen not hide nor hair of her for all of those two years. It was military protocol on maintenance of operational security, after all, and she wasn't about to invite censure. She was young and female, and those things alone placed her at the bottom of the military food chain. Or at least, they had at the start of her deployment.

"ETA 7 minutes," the Captain announced to the assembled soldiers. "Prepare to disembark."

––––––––––––––

*She was on a military-grade airplane back to Korea, she was looking out the window. She already told her friends in advance that she will be coming back but she haven't read her texts yet. Her gun was laying on her lap. She wondered if her friends would even recognize her anymore, it's been two years. She was caught up on her friend's lives because of their social media but she couldn't let anyone catch up on her life.*

"We are almost there" *The captain said to her and she nodded*

"Yes sir thank you..."

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeona smiled, pleasantly surprised as she read the text. "Back at long last, hm?" she murmured under her breath. Glancing up at the airport display, she noted the arrival time and terminal of Lakeshore's plane, and then began her trek through the sprawling airport. People rushed past, luggage rolling, attending calls, shouting out to people as they arrived at terminals and queuing up at airport shops. It was chaos.

Weaving between and around several groups nimbly, Yeona skipped down an isle of seats and sat down, waiting for her best friend to disembark. Nerves sparked tingles of nervousness in her stomach. She hadn't seen nor heard from Lakeshore for two whole years, and she wasn't naive or stupid enough to think that they could just pick up from where they left off. She had changed, their friends had changed, and she was sure that Lakeshore, too, had changed. Just how much she had changed, Yeona didn't know, but she knew the person that emerged from the passenger boarding bridge would be a different person than her silly but reliable friend from two years past.

Hopefully, surprising her friend with her arrival would be okay, though the thought that perhaps, she wouldn't be well-received made her nerves even more challenging to deal with. Nonetheless, she resisted the urge to fidget and squirm, and waited, trying to look as outwardly calm as possible.

"Flight 382 landing at Terminal Sixteen in approximately seven minutes. Repeat, flight 382 landing at Terminal Sixteen in approximately seven minutes. Please stand clear of the gate," a female voice announced to the carpeted waiting area. Yeona and the other two dozen people barely looked up at the announcement. She closed her eyes and breathed deeply.

"I'll be seeing you again very soon, Lakeshore," she whispered.

created by junie.

Yeona sidled along a bit trying to find a gap between all of the annoyingly tall people that were suddenly crowding around. What would her friend look like? Would she be different, or would she be the same? Would she look energetic and friendly, or perhaps rigid and cold?

Finally discovering a gap she could squeeze through – who knew barely two dozen people could taken up so much space? – she searched for a face she would recognise.

And there she was.

At first, she looked just how she expected; stiff, formal, disciplined. Her back was ramrod straight, her arms by her side and walking with assuredness of someone who knew exactly what was going on and who had her back. But there were little details that revealed that which lay beneath. Pale skin, bags under her eyes that were just on the side of noticeable, hands clenched into fists and lips drawn tight with tension. Her eyes darted around, and Yeona realised that she was looking for someone.

'It can't be her parents... They wouldn't be at the airport for this, even thought they really very much should be. So, it must be..." Their eyes met, and for a moment, Yeona blanked. And then she grinned. 'I'm getting too predictable! She knows me far too well,' she complained cheerfully. 'Maybe things won't be as hard as I thought.'

Waving enthusiastically, a gentle but slightly manic grin on her face, Yeona basked in the joy of the moment. Her best friend was back.

Oh boy, she just knew this would be way too fun!

created by junie.

*She smiled and hugged her friend, her gentile voice was not normal, usually she was a very loud person but not this time* "It's so good to see you!" *She looked at her dear friend and smiled* "I want to know everything I missed out on today, I think today's going to be our only full day we can hang out together" *She checked her calendar* "I have a lot of memorials and funerals to go to..." *She sighed as she missed her military friends* "But let's focus on now, I haven't seen you in a while. So I need to know everything!"

created by junie.

*She was relieved, all this discipline may have blocked her personality potentially for a long time. She didn't notice but she was just glad to reunite with one of her closest friends after two years. She wasn't able to graduate her freshmen year with her friends but now at least she's a sophomore with her friends. Her captain shouted for attention and she tensed a little standing straight with no emotions in her eyes and looked at the captain as he announced some things.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back