• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Searching for intrepid adventurers eager to explore a surreal world of ruins, monsters, and danger! Details inside!

PerilousAbyss

Infectious Eldrazi
Hello everyone! You can call me Perilous or Abyss or some permutation of the two!

The title I feel says it all more or less, I've got a world prepared for this and an exploration-focused story/campaign I'd like to run in it!

Before I get to the real details of what I've got in mind for the narrative, I should share a little bit about myself. I'm a he/they enby who deals with depressive episodes every now and again, so if I go radio silent for a few days, that's the reason why. That being said, I don't really appreciate being ghosted, so I'd appreciate if you tell me if you're anticipating a long absence and I will try my best to do the same. I also simply refuse to write with anyone under the age of 18 as I am in my 20s and just wouldn't feel comfortable.

I'm not much one for gritty themes or angst or drama (I don't find them interesting), but there will be mentions of monster-induced death and horrific injury throughout so just a fair warning! I'm not the keenest on romance either, but I don't mind it, but I'm pretty strictly opposed to sexual content in my narratives. Also, if anything in particular is potentially triggering, please let me know! I want to be as accommodating as possible!

Now, the interesting stuff! (I think it is, at any rate!) The hub of humanity is one of relative stability, the geography is static and the roads are unchanging. Outside of those stable lands are the Twisted Lands, places full of horrific and perplexing beasts, vast landscapes, and mysterious ruins. Intrepid souls are tasked with venturing out, away from stability, in hopes of locating another stable area and, hopefully, figuring out the source of the Twisting itself. Those who are trained in survival techniques, monster behavior, and combat skills often make a living as Witnesses training new explorers in the field, protecting them from mortal peril as a mentor of sorts when not embarking on an official expedition. Those with bright eyes and bold spirits who want to embark for the first time into the Twisted Lands are typically accompanied by a Witness, as only the absolutely foolish would venture out alone.

Given that I know the most about the world, I'd be running a lot of the NPCs, monster encounters, and details about the world to hopefully create a sense of wonder for you! I'm an artist as well, so I'll often make art of creatures and oddities found in the Twisted Lands! I'm often pretty uncompromising about the details of the worlds I make, but if there's certain kinds of things you'd like to be featured in the narrative, let's discuss it!

I think with that, that's about all I need to mention for this recruitment thread! PM me if you're interested or want to know more details and we can talk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back