• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Searching for a Roleplay partner for an idea I had.

Vale3637

Hello everyone!

 I'll get straight to the point, I had an idea for a kind of "exotic" roleplay, if we can call it that way.

It is going to be set in a historical period, precisely it will be set in 1714, but our characters are going to be a work of fiction, so that we may build our own story without changing history.

Speaking about that year, some of you, just to not say many, know that I'm talking about the Golden Age of Pirates, between the 17th and 18th century, many great captains turned to be pirates or corsairs, and many met their end in battle or in front of the executioner, such as Captain Kidd, Blackbeard or Bras-du-Fer, history even saw female pirates who used to mock the defeated enemies by letting them see their brests and know that a woman killed them.

It was also a period where we see the great colonial empires fight for control and also lose it because of revolutions, whe see the Spaniards who had the Caribbean, where our story will be set, we can see the French, the British, even the Portuguese and the Dutch.

All of them were giving licences to common people so that they could become corsairs and plunder the other empire's colonies, but many wanted freedom and, as said, turned to be pirates, who stole ships and grew their armies.

As already said, our story is set in 1714, we are at L'Avana and a young and promissing Captain came with his Brig, the Santo Pedro Armengol from Spain to assist in the hunt of pirates.

This captain, Inocencio Serafin Fidele De Grancerro, will be my character, a promissing officer who has studied a lot and surely became good in what he could practice, like sword fight and shooting, yet had the capabilities to govern a ship but lacked the fighting experience.

Your character... Is up to you to build, I would suggest it to be a pirate to make the roleplay even more interesting, but I don't mind it being an enemy officer, just let us make sure it is going to start with our characters being enemies but having their reasons to hang out together... Maybe your character will be a pirate who Inocencio managed to capture, or vice versa, Inocencio will be captured by your character, or, if your character is going to be an enemy officer, such as a French or English one, we can create a dystopian event where our empires enter at war and fight in the colonies, or, also speaking about dystopian events, the pirates could create a republic in the Caribbean like some did in Madagascar and yet another war... Many things could happen, it's up to us to decide, I am just curious to see what I can dig out of this idea.

Said all of this, thank you for reading anyway, hope you like it!

( If you want to know more about the ships used during those ages, check them here: Ship Types | Beyond The Shore | Obsidian Portal )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back