• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings search thread (exciting) (almost died)

Hey.
I'm irrelevant, you just need to have some drive and consistency.

Let's get to the plots.

. . .

What?
I mean, isn't it annoying when people make these things a whole essay about themselves and their problems?
What are you, an egoist?

"...on the face of that flower a river flowed. Shattered hopes, wasted dreams, unfulfilled ambitions and early goodbyes, they turned into tears and flooded the blossom."
Hopeless children often cling to the story of the Acoris flower. It is a mythical plant, said to grow on the highest peaks of a desolate mountain range. Though nobody alive recalls what it looks like, surely its sight must be unmistakable, for the Acoris grants any wish whispered to it after it is plucked. The only caveat? The flower must bloom before it is picked, and so far none have managed to wake it from its slumber.

This plot is fairly adaptable with its setting. It works as a medieval fantasy story, but also as a modern or even a futuristic one. In my head, it revolves around a pair of two people deeply dissatisfied with their lives, who decided to throw everything away and search for the Acoris. Both of them have a wish they want to see granted, and so they depart on a wild goose chase, probably meeting and joining forces by chance. They'll face mounting resistance and competition on their path. Will they be able to make their wishes come true?

"Granted unto Humanity, there is only one thing. The power of faith, such is a man's right..."
The foolish Angel, led astray from God's loving light, delivered the gift of death where it didn't belong. For this transgression smitten down from Heaven, the seraph wallowed in hatred. 'Why dost thou error, O Son of man, if thou truly art the image of God?' He begged the world, but found no answer. Then, just before the angel could lose all hope, he found a kindred spirit in a child as wronged and slighted as he had been.

This is basically a Black Butler situation, just replace the handsome devil with a graceful tool of God's wrath. The fallen angel clings to the orphan in an attempt to find personal redemtion, while the Victorian earl goes about the usual business of violent revenge. Willing to play both roles, though I'm more inclined to write the angel.

"It can fly! It can dance! Aerial!"
Mecha. Nothing specific for this one. Whether Gundam or something closer to Evangelion, I enjoy the loss of innocence and existential narratives of the Mecha genre. I also think the giant death machines are kinda cool (even though they can get very blocky and ugly.) Let's explore the horrors of war and other such woes. Not interested in a power fantasy blowing up aliens for fun kinda thing.

"Chained to this abyss, I, Princess of Devils, open my hellish, screaming cauldron."
The screeching of the seagulls captured her attention. In the gentle colours of the dawn, their fluttering wings appeared almost ethereal, the pearly wings of angels. All around her was the oppressive sea. Land was nowhere to be seen.

I cannot stand Azur Lane, and Kancolle is fully carried by its music circles. Still, the idea of shipgirls is very tempting. The utter desolation of the open sea, the sheer will and determination required to charge into such a hell, and the deep bonds forged and shattered by its fires. It's all very romantic, I think. For this, the storyline is yet again pretty open. Two comrades thrust into naval warfare? Rivals fighting on opposing sides? Let's talk about it.

fandom list (not interested in playing canon characters)
  • madoka magica
  • cyberpunk (edgerunners)
  • touhou
  • chainsaw man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back