• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Search for long-term writing partner/s (CLOSED)

tense_

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
ROLE THE INTRO
Hello! I’m Tense, or T. I’ve been roleplaying/forum writing for nearly 15 years and am especially fond of traditional fantasy and modern horror, though I have more specific interests listed below this intro.

Before we get too far into this though I better throw up some ground rules;

Partners aged 20+ only. I’m sorry if this excludes you but I’m personally uncomfortable writing more mature content with anyone around young adult as I’m nearing 30 myself. I'm also female & pansexual, just as a side.

Not ghost friendly.. exactly. If I’m struggling to manage writing with you due to my mental health or my work/life schedule I will always be transparent with you about time constraints, so I’d appreciate if you could do the same for me. If you decide you want to leave, that’s totally okay! But I’d like to be able to sort things out with you if it’s because you’ve lost interest or have a problem with where the story is going/a decision I've made. If it’s something personal, you don’t have to tell me anything, just let me know if you need some time or if you just need to leave! I'm friendly and open and willing to communicate, all I ask is a little of that in return.

OC x OC only. I will only play original characters and am looking for my partner to do the same. I’ve always felt out of my depth attempting to further emulate an already living, established character. We can use the universe itself, in fact there are a number that I’d like to potentially explore with you, but I’d much rather let the story and characters form from a new place.

Be ready for anything. I’m a very ‘go with the flow’ type of writer. There isn’t a lot that I will plan in my stories. I love to see my character and the story we're building develop organically, and I LOVE to be surprised by my writing partner - meaning you can drop as many twists or bombshells as you want (within reason) to keep me on my feet. I’ll be constantly coming up with ideas for our story and I encourage you to approach me with your own!

No anime photos as character references. I do like anime though I struggle to get into it at times, but using anime pictures for your character doesn't really click with the darker themes I like to explore. It's hard for me to imagine a character covered in blood and gore when they look like a 13-year-old in a cartoon, sorry!

I like the dark. Love it, even. There aren’t a lot of strong themes that I steer away from except unnecessary gore, ultraviolence or explicit sexual content. I will frequently use course language, violence and combat, and there will potentially be themes of torture or physical abuse/mentions of sexual abuse in the story. Whatever happens, our characters are probably gonna suffer in one way or another. I’m also especially fond of psychological elements in my RP’s, e.g. trauma, PTSD, psychic connections, nightmares, visions, dream walking, mind manipulation, mind control/possession to name a few. I will write sex scenes without too much detail if my partner is willing, but I’m also entirely happy to fade-to-black. If you have any triggers please let me know.

Romance is 50/50. I really enjoy having it in the story, and I am potentially looking for our characters to be together, but I am also fond of strong platonic relationships, especially those that revolve around found family and non-romantic couples that would go to hell and back for the other. I prefer writing F or NB and am happy with a partner who is or who is writing either M, F, or NB. I can do M but it's been a while so I might be rusty. Same-sex relationships are also always welcome. I'm also a big fan of enemies-to-lovers/platonic partners.

I am available a lot of the time OOC. I'm a part-time animal care worker and only typically work early morning shifts (I'm in AEDT+10), so if you need to message me I’m frequently around RPN or Discord (#dragonheart7872). I'm also happy with either or both an OOC thread here where we can discuss things. I tend to reply to IC pretty quickly but it depends on my partner's time constraints and what works best for them. I won't overload you with 5000+ words but I will never leave you with one-liners or two small paragraphs either (unless our characters & NPC's are just chatting) or I'm struggling to come up with something - in which case I will let you know.

SOME FLAVOUR
I won't list absolutely everything I like as it would be huge, so these are the things I'm currently craving a story within the universe of/love the vibes and themes of or just generally think something related to the ideas portrayed in this media would be the most captivating for me. I will also update this semi-regularly. If there is something in this list that's similar to a movie or game you like, shout it out, I probably really liked it too and just forgot to put it in here! I'm also open to creating completely original settings and worlds.

Prey
Dishonored
Outlast/The Outlast Trials
Baldur’s Gate 3
The Witcher

Lost
Sense8
Haunting of Hill House/Haunting of Bly Manor
Shadow & Bone
Archive 81
The Mandalorian

Alien