• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom SCP Themed Roleplay Interest Check

Dantos Barrista

View attachment 695421

To start off I have to mention that I haven't been on this site for a few years now. I recently got into writing again and decided to give roleplaying another shot. I will most likely be rusty or have forgotten a thing or two, so if you ever have any advice please do. I will make a separate CS and OOC after the decision to proceed. I first want to check the interest in an SCP style roleplay. Below first some information on the SCP foundation for those unfamiliar with it.

The SCP Foundation is a fictional organization documented by the web-based collaborative-fiction project of the same name. Within the website's fictional setting, the SCP Foundation is responsible for locating and containing individuals, entities, locations, and objects that violate natural law.

To summarize the SCP stands for Secure, Contain, Protect. It's a foundation that finds these supernatural beings, often dangerous or mysterious and contains them to protect humanity against doom. The organization itself is riddled in mystery and often has splinter groups pursuing their own agenda. The roleplay will mainly focus on one SCP in particular SCP-001. The wiki itself is off-site and contains entries for each anomaly the organization finds. These entries are of course player created, it's very similar to a fan-fiction site but with more greater detail and often fewer stories. What makes me so interested in this roleplay is the ability to be inspired by the 1000's of SCP already in the database or even create your own SCP(maybe even an entry on the SCP wiki?)

There will be predetermined factions you can be a part off, the story you can participate in are a few different ones all leading to the same inevitable scenario with SCP-001.

I will continue editing this post depending on the interest in a SCP roleplay.

Ahhh, yeah! I haven't seen something this awesome since [REDACTED] went and [DATA EXPUNGED]! I may be interested, though be warned that I'm somewhat new to the fandom, so I only know the more famous SCPs.

If I may suggest a plot point, there's this awesome SCP fan film about SCP-096, and one of the things they cover is a scientist's attempt to kill it. So maybe we could touch on that at some point?

If I may suggest a plot point, there's this awesome SCP fan film about SCP-096, and one of the things they cover is a scientist's attempt to kill it. So maybe we could touch on that at some point?
It's quite possible it will be involved at some point. I do want to delve deeper into the canon lore as we proceed. Which is also why I want to create a pretty in-depth RP for this as there is a lot of material.

This seems interesting. What level of detail will be expected of posts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back