• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic (sci-fi roguelike space adventure) Fortuna

AABowser

Illiterate Idiot
http://mspfanventures.com/?s=3646

So here is a webcomic I've been following lately, that would make an awesome RP. Basically, there's this ancient treasure that keeps disappearing and reappearing on random planets in space. And every time it is located, all eyes in the galaxy turn to dollarsigns, and a bunch of wacky aliens band together to retrieve it. However, for some unknown reason, the closer you get to the treasure, the more dangerous things get. What kind of treasure are we talking about here?

Fortuna is only the most glorious and mysterious object in the universe. It can change a life for the better. You got a daughter sick with an uncurable disease? Bam, Fortuna is the antidote. You have a massive debt on your hands? Bam, Fortuna is a billion dollars. You wanna ride a pony? Bam, Fortuna is a pony. Fortuna is pretty much whatever you want it to be. It is pretty much a Deus ex Machina. But hey, that's only the destination. The fun lies in the journey, and Fortuna sure as hell ain't gonna make that one easy for you.

If you've played FTL, you know generally what I'm proposing here. You jump from location to location, picking up fuel and other stuff your crew needs to survive. Occasionally you'll run into pirates or giant space whales, or whatever. In fact, the further into the game you get the more crazy shit you're gonna have to deal with.

But it doesn't stop there. Every spaceship comes with its own AI designed to pilot it. These AIs are basically robot versions of greek and roman gods. For example, the Hermes AI is typically used to deliver mail and such. However, he gets bored pretty easily, so he often just randomly goes to the wrong planet to see how the crew reacts. Future versions stripped away his personality so he wouldn't mess up so much, though.

As for what the planets and aliens would be like, let me show you to the almighty

I pretty much just copied and pasted all this from another site, because the people there didn't seem to be all that interested in it. But perhaps you guys are?

Not only will you be kicking alien butt, but you will be kicking alien butt with alien feet! Or alien tentacles, alien flippers, and other alien appendages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back