Starship Troopers
Mass effect
Halo
Star wars
Mechs
Battlefield
More can be added by people who wanna help
It's a VR game
-inspired by-SAO(And now nobody will help cuz everyone hates it)
Need help making the plot and enemies at the moment
Ally factions are already in mind with many choices

So people get trapped in a space-set VRMMO which features a mixture of classes based on several elements from pop culture associated wth that environment, like mechs, storm troopers and so on? Ok, not particularly my cup of tea, but I can see there being a public for it in the scifi section.

Do you have ANY mechanics in mind yet?

Here's a basic plot for ya:

The VRMMO is a placve where people of all vocations can escape the real world and become someone else. In a universe that lets scifi fans live out their dreams of becoming spacefaring explorers, mech pilots who fight epic battles, rogue traders smuggling contraband across the stars, and so forth. The world is dynamically generated by a central AI, ever expanding and adding content to an endless simulation that stretches the very limits of VR. However, a glitch iin the AI's content generation algorythm has caused it to connect to vital and sensitive systems, such as the electrical grid, traffic control, government servers, etc. Aware of the breach, a group of cyber terrorists have entered the VR universe in order to exploit the breach and gain access to these systems in the real world. A group of players discovers this plot and aims to stop them at all cost.

Enemies: Hacker group who have set up OP characters in the VR setting.

Sorry y'all, wasn't even notified via phone.

Idea Idea : Mechanics?Forgive my stupid self as I probably state the wrong thing. Basically open world with a optional plot if nobody wants yo end up being trapped in the game. If it's just a game and nobody dies then i guess everyone joins a clan/faction/gang. And over time they all decide to make arrangements to meat at gamescon later on. BUT if it's people trapped in the game then I think the core plot would be surviving and destroying the alien threat that I also need help making. My thoughts is basically using all the aliens from said games listed(Sci fi ones anyways). And what I'm taking from the universes above are
Starwars:mostly world space, IE 90% explored
Mass effect: Tech and alien races, also goes for halo and Starship troopers. All the antagonists in Halo and starship troopers being the enemy... Reapers too IF people want to fight them.
Battlefield listed for...I don't know why I listed it. I guess for gun play and what not.

Probably a crow Probably a crow What do you have in mind?

June Verles June Verles ...What?

Imaginarium Imaginarium Sorry that doesn't seem to be what I'm going for. Really the idea is just to make a fun rp with more of a PVE and some PVP focus, outside world means very little in this rp unless everyone who joins the rp goes to the same school or live in the same town or city. It seems cool but with what I want to add to the game, the whole thing would be majorly ignored because everyone has to stop something outside of the game... Unless the world is ALSO sci fi, and the people who try to take down the group are a mix of local whitehats, the local police, FBI/CIA, where we have both point of views going and blend in the whitehats work wherever, the cops be cops, and the FBI/CIA do what they do.

Mechanics?Forgive my stupid self as I probably state the wrong thing. Basically open world with a optional plot if nobody wants yo end up being trapped in the game. If it's just a game and nobody dies then i guess everyone joins a clan/faction/gang. And over time they all decide to make arrangements to meat at gamescon later on. BUT if it's people trapped in the game then I think the core plot would be surviving and destroying the alien threat that I also need help making. My thoughts is basically using all the aliens from said games listed(Sci fi ones anyways). And what I'm taking from the universes above are
Starwars:mostly world space, IE 90% explored
Mass effect: Tech and alien races, also goes for halo and Starship troopers. All the antagonists in Halo and starship troopers being the enemy... Reapers too IF people want to fight them.
Battlefield listed for...I don't know why I listed it. I guess for gun play and what not.
You aren't stupid, don't say that about yourself.

That said..I can't deny that yes, you misunderstood what I said, I think. What I meant by mechanics are the in-game mechanics. How exactly would leveling work if htere is any, how would combat work, are there abilities and if so how are they acquired, how many can you have, how will they be balanced, what's the mechanical difference between classes again if there are any etc....

There is no point in making an RP in a game world if well, you don't make the actual game

Idea Idea
Leveling? Hmm...Well, there are no levels. None that I can mention at the moment.

Yes there are abilities. Tanks(the heavy guys, they'll don power armor and use heavy weapons), snipers, soldiers, medics, and if i add sci fantasy(Maybe a pinch)paladins and knights, though they might be in power armors. And their vehicles would be mech suits... And another idea is that each class gets a 25% discount on vehicles that fit their class. Tanks get APC's, mechs, ...tanks. Snipers would get dirt bikes, hovercrafts, jumppacks, jeeps and offroad trucks. Soldiers get a 10% discount on every vehicle..
Combat works like Arma. Bullet drop and the sort.

Guns act as if they were real. hand to hand is really everyones experience with it from IRL. Nobody gets special moves from the game. Trainers can be found but they'll only teach the average stuff, MMA, karate, jujitsu... if someone joins a military faction that is already made then they learn what the faction teaches. Hope i didn't miss anything out.
There is very little balance with non-mech/vehicle combat.

Guns aren't made to be fair, if someone has a higher caliber than the other then that gun might do more damage. I'm not gonna sugar coat shit like willy wonka, guns are guns, nothing else. I'm being different than any game to-date. No game does guns right. I will.
And that's a hard decision. I want people to be able to run with their stamina from the real world but I don't want heavy geared monsters that can run at the speed of sound. So I guess realistic in weights too. Heavy gear slows people down.

I miss anything?

Idea Idea
Leveling? Hmm...Well, there are no levels. None that I can mention at the moment.

Yes there are abilities. Tanks(the heavy guys, they'll don power armor and use heavy weapons), snipers, soldiers, medics, and if i add sci fantasy(Maybe a pinch)paladins and knights, though they might be in power armors. And their vehicles would be mech suits... And another idea is that each class gets a 25% discount on vehicles that fit their class. Tanks get APC's, mechs, ...tanks. Snipers would get dirt bikes, hovercrafts, jumppacks, jeeps and offroad trucks. Soldiers get a 10% discount on every vehicle..
Combat works like Arma. Bullet drop and the sort.

Guns act as if they were real. hand to hand is really everyones experience with it from IRL. Nobody gets special moves from the game. Trainers can be found but they'll only teach the average stuff, MMA, karate, jujitsu... if someone joins a military faction that is already made then they learn what the faction teaches. Hope i didn't miss anything out.
There is very little balance with non-mech/vehicle combat.

Guns aren't made to be fair, if someone has a higher caliber than the other then that gun might do more damage. I'm not gonna sugar coat shit like willy wonka, guns are guns, nothing else. I'm being different than any game to-date. No game does guns right. I will.
And that's a hard decision. I want people to be able to run with their stamina from the real world but I don't want heavy geared monsters that can run at the speed of sound. So I guess realistic in weights too. Heavy gear slows people down.

I miss anything?
No, I think I get what you're going for. To be honest I can't say I'd support that kind of design, as it is about as immersion breaking as you can get (a game designed to be unfair with impossible levels of realism), though I suppose it might work somehwat if it's considered like a niche game

Idea Idea I realize that I didn't explain the abilities properly.
I would say there any any abilities. Maybe tanks get more ammo over time and can level up their endurance and strength quicker . Snipers level up speed and sneak quicker, soldiers level up everything at a somewhat slower rate. So on and so fourh. I think a level system with level 5, 10, 15 etc like that wouldn't be fun. People are fight either wars or taking jobs. Though it can change to have basic leveling. Maybe like the war the elderscrolls does it. Level up your skills to level up in general

No, I think I get what you're going for. To be honest I can't say I'd support that kind of design, as it is about as immersion breaking as you can get (a game designed to be unfair with impossible levels of realism), though I suppose it might work somehwat if it's considered like a niche game
To be fair they are fighting a war for the plot that could be optional. Wars not fair <<

To be fair they are fighting a war for the plot that could be optional. Wars not fair <<
But if it is a game then it should be designed to be fair. Any game developer that doesn't is likely to be clinically insane, as they literally setting themselves up for every player rage quitting. Hence it being immersion breaking. Variety and realism are fine, but I can't say I approve of making something set in a game and then not wanting to structure it like a game itself. If you want to make it more real, more war-like, then it probably shouldn't be a game.

But again, that's just me and my opinion. Obviously you don't have to follow what I say.

But if it is a game then it should be designed to be fair. Any game developer that doesn't is likely to be clinically insane, as they literally setting themselves up for every player rage quitting. Hence it being immersion breaking. Variety and realism are fine, but I can't say I approve of making something set in a game and then not wanting to structure it like a game itself. If you want to make it more real, more war-like, then it probably shouldn't be a game.

But again, that's just me and my opinion. Obviously you don't have to follow what I say.
I can name many games that depict war realistically. And People play them and have no issues with them.
But I suppose to please the players here, as I know the majority probably dislike war games, I'll structure it accordingly, but I don't see why, usually when I make an rp people join and never play, or say they are interested only to drop off the face of the earth.......Really I don't know why I tried making the rp now .-.

The human alliance was crushed decades ago, pushed to the brink of extinction, enslaved by the Thraax, a race of insectoid warriors. All hope is not lost, however, as the moons of jupiter stand as rebel strongholds against the Thraaxian empire, gathering places for those last few of the races destroyed by the Thraax. Can the rebellion push out the invaders before they complete and deliver their planet-buster warheads? Can the shaky alliance of humans and aliens work together? Can Casper Van Dien mercy kill Michael Ironside? Find out in the next episode of the popular VR series "The Last Colony."

The human alliance was crushed decades ago, pushed to the brink of extinction, enslaved by the Thraax, a race of insectoid warriors. All hope is not lost, however, as the moons of jupiter stand as rebel strongholds against the Thraaxian empire, gathering places for those last few of the races destroyed by the Thraax. Can the rebellion push out the invaders before they complete and deliver their planet-buster warheads? Can the shaky alliance of humans and aliens work together? Can Casper Van Dien mercy kill Michael Ironside? Find out in the next episode of the popular VR series "The Last Colony."
Ooh! I like that! Seems to be a cool plot :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back