• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Sci-Fantasy Pathfinder Campaign?

Protagonist

One Thousand Club
I was wondering if anyone might be interested in trying a sci-fantasy dice RPG? I've got a setting I made that I'd like to try an RP in, that I call the "Axiom setting".

Basically, the gist is: It takes place centuries into the future, and the Earth (in fact, the entire solar system) has been destroyed by a lovecraftian abomination known as Apollyon. Luckily, a secret society in the solar system was able to create a super AI deity known as Metatron. It was able to invent FTL travel and humanity was able to flee the Earth and form a new interstellar republic known as Zion, which worships Metatron as their state religion. It encountered various alien races, and had mixed relationships with them, warring with some and allying with others. The aliens mostly live in feudalistic societies with a lot of political division. Zion rapidly became a galactic super power.
Eventually, political division began to form in Zion and a revolutionary movement came about that managed to cede half of Zion and form a new empire: The Enigma. They're basically luddite necromancer communists. The Enigma and Zion have been in conflict for over 500 years.

I'm thinking of going with pathfinder rules, and modifying the setting to Pathfinder. I found a dragonstar pathfinder conversion which I'll be using as the sort of rulebase. And, I'll have the various fantasy races be aliens.

As for what we'll be doing, I'm thinking we can do one of the following:

1) Have us be the crew of a space ship
2) Have us be visitors from Zion trying to defend an independent world from being conquered by the Enigma
3) Have be a group of mercenaries or whatever on a Zion controlled planet that itself may be under attack.

Any of this interest you guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, This sounds every good, especially if we combine 1 and 3, being mercenaries in solar system what is under attack or rebellion or what ever.

Definitely want to make either a Vigilante or a Theurge.

Hmm, This sounds every good, especially if we combine 1 and 3, being mercenaries in solar system what is under attack or rebellion or what ever.

Definitely want to make either a Vigilante or a Theurge.

Awesome, thanks!

Alright, so I have most of the aliens down:

-Elves will be a mildly tribalistic nature-worshiping race that lives in highly forested worlds, perhaps with a slightly Asiatic aesthetic (they get to use the most katanas and what have you)
-Dwarves will be space vikings for this setting.
-I'm thinking I'll have Drow be space egyptians (alternatively shabti could serve this role. Or even more alternatively, they could both do so and be allied races or whatever)

-I'll have Orcs as the a warrior race in the setting. I'm very tempted to try taking some inspiration from 40K and making them kind of crazy awesome. Not sure yet, though.
-I'll have merfolk and/or gillmen be steampunk space "pirates" (they're not necessarily pirates but they talk and dress like they're out of the golden age of piracy and tend to be kind of rougish)

Androids will also be playable. They're made mostly by Zion and are usually seen as kind of angelic in nature.

This sounds fun. I've never played Pathfinder, but if you'll have me, I'll gladly look for some PDFs for the Pathfinder rules and learn to play as we go.

This sounds fun. I've never played Pathfinder, but if you'll have me, I'll gladly look for some PDFs for the Pathfinder rules and learn to play as we go.

Sure! I haven't played pathfinder, either.
I think I'll wait for one more person to display interest and then I'll get started.

Oh, I'm thinking we'll be using a converted dragonstar module, which can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WbU09fyw1Cmxy-q6ufSaXbACOQVHao4Qa1V9NGx0yVA/edit
(Basically, these are extra rules that allow pathfinder to be turned into a space opera)
Ignore the details about the setting, however. We aren't using the dragonstar setting, just the rules.

I'm thinking I might start up the ooc thread and see if anyone else wants to show up after.

Alright: so I'm thinking our characters might be salvagers/treasure hunters looking for some goodies, but end up getting caught in a war-torn area.

Second thing: I'm thinking about equipment. There's this sheet someone made of dragonstar-themed equipment:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZeaB9aThgI0n44XOAhz8t2L7AeCW-qGYBpEIYcDh-ds/edit#gid=0

However, all of those goodies seem to be expensive and I was thinking that the game's early weapons would mostly be "Slugthrower"-style weapons (with laser and plasma weapons coming later).
We could also port in Pathfinder Modern (World War-era) Weapons: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/firearms/modern-firearms
Or D20 Modern weapons: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/D20_Modern_Equipment_Progress_Level_5_Weapons
Or I could just take the simple way out and make my own, which probably would not be that difficult.

EDIT: Oh, on the issue of price, the setting would have "guns everywhere" or at least "common guns" which means all guns 90%-75% off. That's much more affordable!

Anyone else interested? I'd like there to be at least one other member before I start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back