• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Scarlet Night

AkioTheHero

The Twenty-Fifth Roleplayer
For as long as one could ever know, from the beginning of mankind's documentation and record-keeping, it has been a well-known subject and not a child could be birthed into the world without once hearing about it. 

The Scarlet Night was an annual event during which the sun would vanish from the sky in 7 random areas in what seems like a scatter-shot about each of the world's continents and what appeared to be the static image of an enlarged moon dyed crimson would reach the eyes of every human in aforementioned regions as they looked towards the sky.  Those unfortunate enough to be within the area of influence of this night may still be safe, but a few people will always mysteriously disappear. 

Despite its annual occurrence, the day and area of occurrance is unfortunately random, leaving none able to predict its appearance -- as annual is only taken to mean, once per year. 

It has been the subject of various novels and many people have composed fantasy stories using the unknown after-effects of the Scarlet Night as the plot and apart of their world building. Additionally, its also the subject of many questions and debates and various people claim to have seen what it is like on the other side of the night, though were deemed insane and usually sent to a psychiatric ward for treatment. 

Today was the day... the sky was suddenly dyed red in the area in which you were present... People panicked and pure mayhem took over the once relatively serene region as everyone rushed to take shelter, as if they thought if the moon couldn't "see" them, they'd be safe. 

You would soon find yourself mysteriously away from your home, awake within a seemingly endless city covered with towering dark sky-scrapers. The details of everything were clearly present within the seemingly normal, ivory light stemming from a seemingly enlarged moon that took prominance over this new area.

This confused you...  What happened..!?

You would soon come to find that... This was the Scarlet Realm, the world on the opposite side of the red moon. In this world, there exists two beings, though their origins are both unknown to you. 

One was a being that appeared to be formed of pixelated shadow of sorts. It groans hungrily and lumbers around in a way reminiscent to how zombies would in horror films. 

The other kind seemed relatively normal, like you. Though can be described as... insane, or eccentric, in ways... Many are also violent and even hostile, and all appeared to be armed with odd weapons you'd never have imagined a normal person wielding. And, oddly enough, so are you. 

The "shadows" were Lunatics. Lunatics are those unfortunate enough to not escape the Scarlet Night and have had the entirety of their mind deteriorated. As such, they search for sources of and siphon away the "sanity" of whatever they may find. 

The humans were Animas. Animas are those who have been transported into the Scarlet Night and have perhaps since been incapable of escaping but have somehow still managed to survive. 

Those people, like you, have had their Conscious separated from their Subconscious, the two turned into two entities of their own rather than separate layers of the human mind. They keep their Subconscious. This changes their personality, either wildly or drastically. This brings forth the emotions they've suppressed, any mental illnesses that were present in them are magnified, thoughts that they've hidden deep inside come forth and deteriorate their brain. 

However, the effects would seem less drastic in relevance to how they could become later -- regardless of how insane one may seem at first, they can get worse. They have manipulation over the power of "Sanity" which stems from their Conscious. Their Conscious, after being separated from their body, materialize in the form of a weapon, with its own special effects and aspects that you can control like superpowers and the like to fight off Lunatics. 

You seem to, however, only have the instinctive knowledge of "I have abilities, and those shadows are what I need to fight" and nothing more. As you continue to fight, you may come to find yourself changing more and more. That is because, unbeknownst to you, "Sanity," your power source for controlling your "Conscious," is additionally the ability for the Conscious to maintain whatever bits of your personality are. As you use it more and more, it will continuously deteriorate and eventually fail. Should it fail -- or should you die -- you too will become a Lunatic. 

Being left ignorant for too long like this could spell your downfall.... How will you survive the Scarlet Night?

This is cool and if I could I'd like to participate in this. But I'm new, and I don't know how to submit a character. 

This is cool and if I could I'd like to participate in this. But I'm new, and I don't know how to submit a character. 

Don't worry, that isn't important right now. This is just an interest check so your response stating you'd like to join is all we need until we get a few new members.

Commenting once solely for the purpose of "bumping" the forum back to the front page once, so it can be seen yet again as it may have been drowned out by other such forums or threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back