• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Scales Academy (MHA)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Not even ten minutes into the first class and there was already a test, well at least the teacher wasn't saying she was exempt be a use of the wheelchair still she really doubted that the test could measure her quirk like others. Well Katja would just have to wait and see though as far as changing went well that could be an issue. Katja really had trouble bending and while she could dress herself given time and a bed she tended to need aid if speed was required. Still there was a chance she might get dirty and going around in a dirty uniform looked bad she did need to change. It to Katja seemed as if she would just have to go to the infirmary and ask the nurse there for aid. That was at least what she had been told to do as the nurses in normal schools Apprently helped in such thing.

Katja looked around and saw a rat looking girl that was near her instantly Katja had to stop herself from making a skaven joke. "Hey can you tell the teacher I will be a little late I need to go to the infirmary?" She asked.

When the teacher game in, Finn paid attention a bit more before smirking when he talked about physical aptitude. Her quirk all had physical qualities of a rat, she'd breeze through this! More than ready, she grabbed up her uniform and was ready to get changed, though it seemed the lizard girl was just as eager, rushing out ahead of everyone else. Ah well, she'd get out there just as fast and then she'd be one of the top of the class and go on to be one of the best heroes ever!

However she was stopped when she heard someone talk to her. Huh, cute girl. Smiling to her, Finn leaned against the other's desk "Sure, I wouldn't mind doing that! My name's Finn by the way, what's yours?"

Victoria quietly pondered the appearance of their teacher as he explained their first assignment. A test on their quirks, she supposed it was only natural. He claimed he was well versed in physical aptitude, making the Fashionista grow a somewhat concerned look. Once he'd set out the bag of gym uniforms students began moving immediately. Victoria slid out of her seat while the very end of her scarf reached up to brush some of her hair to the side. She wondered whether her Quirk would register as part of physical aptitude to him, as it only related to her body through superfluous means. She gave a tiny giggle at the thought of him calling her out in front of everyone and how embarrassing that would be. Oh well, at least it would be a good conversation starter if it did truly come to that.

As she was pulling a uniform from her bag, she was suddenly stricken by a premonition of misfortune. This feeling of unease was enough to get her to slip out of the way as the unruly boy from earlier tripped past her and stumbled to a stop right where she once stood.

"Quite unfortunate footing, hm?" she tilted her head as she watched him pull out a uniform for himself.

"Sorry Vikki!"
he shrugged as he slipped past her towards the door "Not the best with legwork!"

With that he slipped out of the class with the same grin plastered across his face, causing Victoria to take yet another calming breath before she began following her classmates. As she did, she took note of some rather peculiar aspects of one of the girl ahead of her...aspects that did wonders for her overall aesthetic.

So the Fashionista sped up a bit to catch up with the enthusiastic reptilian girl whilst giving a coo of interest "I simply adore the scales, Darling, the gold truly compliments your locks. Have they always managed to look so passionate, or is there some type of secret you've employed?"

Seeing how people's quirks mix with their attire was almost always a fascinating experience due to the sheer diversity amongst them.

StarryKnights StarryKnights

Dante casually watched as more students flocked into the classroom, the most surprising of which was the white haired wheelchair girl from earlier. His appraisal of her from before was definitely right on if she actually managed to get into his class. They all idly sat around, some of his classmates deciding to make idle chat as they waited for their teacher to arrive. Dante decidedly kept to himself, after all there'd always be time for introductions later.

It wasnt long however before the door finally opened revealing the face of who Dante could only assume to be their teacher. The man wasted no time introducing himself and informing them they'd already be having a test on their quirks.

"Fuck yeah!", Dante had no complaints about being given an excuse to cut loose with his quirk and was on his feet in seconds. His long legs taking him over to the gym bag in only a few strides. Snatching up a uniform, he wasted no time heading to the bathroom, getting changed, and making his way to the field.

A man had entered the classroom, he introduced himself as Dan Callista, their homeroom teacher. They would be taking a quirk apprehension test

Tori walked up and grabbed one of the uniforms, she walked to the female restroom. She went into one of the stalls and began to change. The scars on her chest and back told a tale. All in the past but the results were still there. There wasn't much to dwell on now.
I am ready for this. I've trained for this. I am strong.
The gym uniform was a white shirt with a red neckline and white trims on the sleeves, and red shorts with white lines. Coupled with a pair of red and white sneakers. I wonder what the male version looks like. Tori finished putting on the uniform. Now she had to head to the field.

When she arrived, only the teacher was there. To which he told her to wait until the others got there. The violette just stood waiting.
Sooner or later she'd get to stretch her physical capabilities and even use her quirk.

"I am Katja Glinka" Katja said some skilled with language would be able to realize her first and last names came from diffrent countries. "I have never really done things like this before " she said meaning changing with others or PE so I need to get help from the nurse" she explained.

While Katja knew such an explanation was not needed she felt she should any ways just in case the teacher asked. Though really if they were testing quirks she would be doing no work herself and after gym would need to change again.

"If I were a few years younger I might not need help" she said revealing on accident that she had once been in better health. "But well lets not be depressing thank you Finn I will be off" Katja said not wanting to make Finn late she rolled back from the desk and started out to the nurses office

Rushing through the corridors with a still dripping umbrella in hand Silas breathed a sigh or relief as he spotted the classroom, slowing his pace he considered taking a moment to compose himself instead of just dashing in but quickly changed his mind as students began to leave and started running again. Entering the classroom he nearly ran into a girl in a wheelchair, automatically making a quick apology in his native Welsh he stepped past her and stopped. "Um sorry about that." He repeated in clear if accented French.

Glancing around he spotted the new gym uniforms and took it to mean they were jumping right into their physical assessment. Plucking the beret he had rather stereotypically picked out Silas slipped the umbrella neatly inside and grabbed a uniform.

Electing to follow a taller dreadlocked boy who he had seen leaving the classroom and looked like he knew where he was going Silas managed to make it to the field without further incident. Stepping up to the bandaged adult that he assumed was the teacher Silas spoke quickly. "I'm very sorry I'm late sir, there was a mix-up with my dorm and I had to move my things." While he could store many things with his quirk some things still needed to transported more conventionally particularly his hatboxes, trying put a hat inside another hat had a tendency to get a little janky. "Am I to take it we're doing quirk assessment first thing?"

SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Karcen Karcen iijora iijora

Last edited:
Thea was anxious to get changed and down to the field, she didn't want to be late to the first test of the school year...
What sort of example would that set? Still, she slowed down as she heard footsteps coming up behind her, turning she spotted the well dressed girl from before, she was walking toward her.
Thea beamed, maybe she wanted to be friends!
Yeah! That had to be it...right?

Okay Thea, be cool...be calm, she thought to herself as Victoria approached her.
She apparently liked her scales.
That made Thea smile even brighter.

"Thea's always had scales...T- *ahem* I mean...I've always had these scales", the girl stammered back semi nervously.
She wasn't sure what she meant by them being passionate though...they were just...there.

"They uh...weren't always gold! They used to be a lot darker and got lighter, but now they are shiny and sparkly and look pretty with Thea's...my hair".

When excited Thea tended to slip into her old speech patterns, years of therapy could only do so much to replace what came more naturally to her.

"I like your scarf!", she pointed to the garment as the pair walked.
"It looks really pretty and soft".

Not nearly as articulate as Victoria's complement, but the bright smile on Thea's face was a dead give away for her honestly and excitement.

GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

Victoria hadn't expected such an enthusiastic looking individual to turn so anxious when complimented, though the odd shift in speech was rather adorable the Fashionista dared not giggle openly. Instead she merely pressed the top of her uniform to her chest as the fabric seemed to come undone and wrap around her as the top of her fancy dress began shrinking and growing more compact.

The Girl explained how her scales had grown in luster over time, causing Victoria to coo in interest. But then she commented on the Fashionista's scarf and how nice it looked, how polite. Victoria made the very tip of the scarf rise up for emphasis "Oh, this? Indeed, the fabric's quite the compliant sort." she said whilst holding up the gym uniform's bottoms and making the leg bits extend a bit before pressing them to her waist "And I do suppose I take a bit more pride in the piece than the rest of my ensemble."

She reached up and took off her cap, giving a little brush of her hair as her gym uniform seemed to swallow the rest of her clothes until only it and her scarf was visible. Tossing the gym shoes to the floor, she stepped on them only for the same thing to happen to her boots.

"But how fortunate for you that these uniforms mesh well with your natural color scheme." the fashionista pointed out as the hat shrank in her hands "I just know you'll be simply eye-catching out there, promise."

With that she slipped the shrunken hat into her pocket with little fanfare before bowing to Thea "My name is Victoria Laffitte, and I do wish to hear more of your decadent attributes after we've completed this assessment."

After giving another, smaller bow, the rich girl then turned and walked right past the bathroom, having casually completed her change of clothes on the way.

StarryKnights StarryKnights

Making his way to the field he couldn't help but notice he'd picked up a straggler. The second set of footfalls following a distance behind him. Hazarding a glance over his shoulder, he was met with the sight of the latecomer from earlier. Stuffing his hands deep into his pockets, he elected to ignore him as they walked in silence.

Finally arriving at the field, he made his way over to the teacher and the one student that had already arrived. Seeing that they might be waiting for a bit, he sat down and began plucking at blades of grass. While he sat, he tried to stifle a groan as the kid that had been tailing him before spoke up, breaking the silence.

"Greeaaat question, space cadet. We're gonna be assessing quirks next month. We just changed clothes and walked outside cus' we wanted to fuck with you."

He didn't even bother to check his tone, sarcasm dripping off his every word as he rolled his eyes.

SomebodyElse SomebodyElse IG42 IG42

Katja Glinka... sounded foreign. Russian maybe? Still, now she was curious about why the other needed to get to the nurse's office when they were about to have a test. At least up until the other explained what she was doing. Changing? Quirking a brow at that, Finn grinned in thought before looking to the teacher "Hey teach! Katja needs to go to the nurse's office and I'm gonna help her out! So we'll just be a little late to the test!" she said before rushing after the wheel chair bound girl, walking next to her. "So uh, maybe you could use a little extra help changing?" she offered/flirted.

Katja had not expected the offer of help as in truth she only wanted one if the nurses beds so she could do her awkward changing but having somone there to actully help might be better. Still it was a little bit of an odd offer as well she wpuld be down to her undies. Still maybe that was normal fir girls in this country they did all change in the bathroom together so why shouldn't this be just as normal. There was also the fact they were training to be heroes that helped others so helping your classmate might just be a thing.

"Sure if you want Finn it will be much easier with another" she said taking Finn up on the offer as they went to the infirmary.

Score! Finn had to resist doing a fist pump as she followed after Katja, grinning as they went "Hey not a problem. If you really need some help then you can count on me!" A chance to make a new friend and see something possibly sexy. Not a bad first day so far! As they headed to the infirmary, Finn hummed for a moment, thinking about what to say "So my quirk is pretty obvious. What's yours?" she asked, hoping that this girl wouldn't be like the last one and be all secretive. Maybe competition and conflict couldn't be avoided in the future but really, they were all going to work together in the future right?

The two would arrive at the infermary before Katja would answer that question. She in truth did want to be a little secretive. Well just secretive enough to surprise others in her class but well Finn had volunteered to help her. There was no loss of cool if one person knew what she could do before the test and Finn seemed nice.

"Well I wanted to keep it a surprise until the test but well you are helping me out so you might as well get something from it" Katja said while thinking if the best way to put it. Before fully answering she would tell the nurse the situation and the two were given an area to change.

"I call my quirk kabbalah words of creation" Katja said actuly blushing a little after saying the title out loud "when I touch something I can animate it turning it into a golem "

Yay! Someone who would just give her a straight forward answer! They were at the nurse's station in no time and soon they were given an area to change. "Kaballah?" she repeated, thinking on it a moment "I've heard kabal used in a horror movie once, I think it was something about a cult." She mused before her eyes widened at Katja's further explanation. "That sounds really cool! Can you like..." she looked around before grabbing a pillow off a bed "Turn this into a golem?"

"Kabalah is the Jewish white magic and it is from Jewish traditions that golems come from" Katja explained that was why she jammed her quirk such also it sounded cool at the time. "A kabal is like cult mystics evil stuff"

Katja looked at the pillow and well she could do it though it was hardly the normal way she used it as more often she animated dirt or concrete to carry her or her things. Still what could one pillow hurt. Katja reached forward and touched the pillow needing only a moment before her quirk took effect. The pillow soon changed shape assuming a roughly human shape though it was no bigger than before.

"Sometimes if the maids are out I have golems help me do things though one like this won't be good for much" She explained it might be able to message people but was not really all that strong.

Thea's eyes widened as her classmate's clothing began to warp and shrink, this must've been apart of her quirk. What an interesting power, and Thea wondered what else it could do. Watching as her scarf rose as if it were alive, Thea couldn't help but be impressed.
Still, she wasn't so impressed that she forgot basic common courtesy.

"M-my names Thea! Well, it's Althea, Althea Cohen", she stammered in reply to Victoria's bow. Such a formal greeting, Thea wasn't sure if she ought to return the gesture or not. "I, I hope we can talk later too", she finished brightly before Victoria sauntered out the door.
She changed clothes without having to take any off, what a useful quirk she had.

Thea darted into the bathroom and changed quickly, surprised to find there were holes accomdatong for her wings and tail.

Man these guys had thought of everything! She got dressed quickly before skittering out to the testing field.

"So cool!" said Finn, grinning broadly after the pillow had become more human shaped. She poked it a couple of times before setting it down on the bed. "So you wanna start changing now? We can't be too late..."

The field had everything set out. Green grass with white lines marking them. Different sectons were separated from eachother. Set up were what looked to be various tests having to do with speed, agility and strength. Dan Callista nodded to all the students gathered.

"Some of you took your time getting here. You already know we're here to take a quirk apprehension test. I will monitor your results. First up we have the sotball pitch. Does anyone feel like going first? We'll be doing 50 meter dashes, jump height tests, jump distance, strength lifting and other tests aswell."

Dan glanced around the group looking for those who volunteered." If nobody volunteers we'll just begin in alphabetical name order."

After what felt like an eternity the rest of his classmates arrived at the field. Groaning he'd slowly pick himself off the floor, shooting a pointed stare at the latecomers. "Finally... Is it really that hard just to change clothes?" Stifling a yawn, he stretched his arms over his head as the teacher spoke, with each test he listed off Dante's smile only grew wider.

Could this get any easier?

Without hesitation, he'd would step forward cracking his knuckles. "I'll be first, makes sense to get it out the way now.-", he'd turn towards the rest of the class flashing a wolfish grin. "-After all, you're all just fighting for second place."

Finally reaching the practice field, Thea couldn't help but stare in awe at everything. This was so exciting and nerve wracking, she didn't know if she ought to laugh or cry. It seemed like there were going to be a lot of different tests, the draconic teen couldn't help the butterflies in her stomach. Her mutation quirk altered her physical abilities, she was stronger and more hardy than the average human, so she wasn't worried about the physical tests. But if anything called for sing her fire breath...

Well, she probably wouldn't have to use that for these tests...

She wasn't the first to arrive, she spotted some familiar faces as the teacher explained what the first test would be. A softball pitch, that seemed simple enough.
She didn't want to go first, and luckily she wouldn't have to as one of her classmates stepped up to the plate. He was quite cocky too, Thea stuck her tongue out as he flashed a cheeky grin.

Arms crossed, she watched to see how this first student would do.

"Oh, well it would seem we aren't hurting for optimism." Victoria pointed out passively as she played around with the options offered by her gym uniform, extending and decreasing sleeve lengths "But I suppose if that's what you need to motivate your-"

"Oi, don't you be downplaying my boy like that!" a familiar voice cackled before the rich girl once more found a lanky arm around her.

With a sigh, she shot a glance to the boy now semi-holding her "Sorry, I didn't quite catch your name?"

"Milo, obviously!" the long-haired youth said whilst gesturing to himself before jerking a thumb towards the boy with the odd hair "Just like its obvious our Purple Pariah of Power over here's about to screw with our perception of reality. You hear that tone? I ain't got a doubt in my mind that he's about to bend the fabric of time and space."

"Seems a bit farfetched." Victoria commented before once more slipping from his grasp "Do you even know him?"

"Nope!" Milo didn't even hesitate in cackling before calling out "But with a set up like that, I can't imagine he'd have anything less than something that can one-shot pro villains and heroes alike! Don't hold back you god among men! What kind of absolutely continent-destroying, face-melting mysticism are you about to whip out!?!"

Bending down, he'd snatch up a softball as he rolled his shoulder in preparation. Overhearing his classmates chatter, he'd give them a glance over his shoulder. "You'd think so, huh? That I'm so confident because I have some nuclear, reality bending quirk?-"

As Dante spoke he'd start taking steps towards the pitching mound, stopping right before reaching it. "-Well I don't. My quirk ain't flashy or even all that impressive, but it's strong because I'm just that good." To demonstrate he'd turn to the class, the softball in his right hand. Slowly he'd open it, and before the ball could slip out of his open hand he would activate his quirk and attaching the ball to the tips of pointer, middle, and index finger. He'd hold his hand upside down while giving it a good shake to show that the ball was well and truly stuck to his fingers, before releasing his quirk and rolling the ball back into the center of his palm. "The reason I can be so confident is because I was raised to be the next number one hero. I'm just on a higher level than you all." He'd smirk at Milo, shooting him a pointed look. "Especially you."

Raising his left leg, Dante would turn on his heel in a pitchers stance, his muscles flexing and growing taut as he wound up for the throw. He would hold onto the pose for a single instant, before it became unbearable. Stomping his foot down, his body would torque, his right arm whipping through the air with enough force to audibly cut through the air. As the ball rolled to the tips of his fingers at the height of his pitch, he would activate his the second part of his quirk.

'Repel!'

With explosive force the ball would propel itself from his hand blindingly fast, arcing through the air and quickly disappearing from his sight. Still looking in the direction of the where it flew, he'd give a content nod, before turning back to his teacher. "So how far's that?"

Victoria had just managed to turn the bottom of her gym uniform into a glorious red and white skirt when the throw came, and she raised a hand to her head to block out the sun in order to follow the progress of the ball but found the attempt futile.

Milo gave a low whistle before holding back a laugh "Pfft, how ya gonna lie to a brother like that?" he tilted his head to the side before glancing over to Dante again "Going on about Not impressive and Not flashy when ya just gonna throw a ball through the stratosphere or somethin'. I mean I ain't impressed because lotta people throwin' junk at supersonic speeds around here, but hell if ya want flashy just own up bruh. With how dim peeps be I'm sure you could rake in an army o' chicks, money, and internet fame my boy!"

"I mean, I wouldn't say it'd be raking it in but you cannot deny the results of effort. So congratulations."
Victoria commented as her skirt tightened around her legs and formed into gym pants "Ah! This will do beautifully."

She raised a hand as the sleeves of her shirt also finished extending "I do believe I would like to go next, Mr. Callista."

"Oh?" Milo snickered before gesturing to both him and the rest of the students "Gonna go fight for the little guys in the name o' stopping our Perplexingly Purple Pariah's Power Pandemonium?"

"No, because I'm fully aware that even with help from my quirk I doubt I'd even get near such a score." she shrugged, brushing her hair elegantly "Not really something to dwell on."

Dan looked at his device. "610.4 meters." Let's keep it going. If the next student would please?
impressive, that will be hard to top for the others. I'm interested to see who excels at what.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back