• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Scales Academy (MHA)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Momentarily thrown by Thea's unexpected use of the third person Silas quickly shrugged it off and continued to class alongside Jane, the two certainly seemed to be about as close to polar opposites as people could get with their personalities and even the nature of their quirks with Jane's being the more mysterious and slightly disturbing while Thea's was obvious at a glance and the much more photogenic.

In the classroom he took a quick look around and picked the desk next to Jane's after a moments thought while she put her feet on the table. "Umm...is that such a good idea?" Before Jane bothered to reply a teacher sprinted in with a rather bewildered and unfamiliar student in hand who took a seat nearby, giving her a quick look over Silas waved a little. "Hi." Before he could think of anything else to say or hear her reply the teacher introduced herself and the class she would be teaching, it seemed a little odd to him though, he expected that pro-heroes would simply clear the area of an incident and get out of the way so people more qualified could examine the scene on the other hand being able to put together clues as to what a villain might be planning in advance would be helpful, heroes were usually reactive more than proactive which meant a lot of damage could already be done before a villain was stopped.

PlusUltra PlusUltra StarryKnights StarryKnights June Verles June Verles Karcen Karcen

How did this happen?

Victoria was usually so outgoing and conversive, especially in new environments, but by the next class her mood had deteriorated to the point where she had kept tight lipped since finishing the field tests. She had done well, at least in her mind. The Fashionista had primarily been focusing on seeing what type of wonderful quirks her classmates had! However, with every showing and every demonstration, no matter the score or how uniquely interesting the quirk was, there were always comments left by Milo displaying how utterly disappointed he was for literally everything. She thought she could ignore it, be the better person and leave him to his opinions. Turning the other cheek as mother would say. But she had been wrong, oh so very very wrong.

With half-assed clapping and a grin plastered on his face, Milo's constant criticisms couldn't even be turned back around on him due to him lumping himself in there as well. And somehow the fact that he didn't seem to notice what was wrong with any of this seemed to double the impact.

By the end of the tests, Victoria was drained. It was visible to all. Even the way she shifted the gym uniform back into her standard attire with her quirk seemed much slower and less lively than before. The entire way to the next class Milo just kept going on about how hesitant he was in believing the school could fix all of them, and he just had to trail behind the Fashionista as he prattled.

Thankfully when they all arrived at the classroom Milo seemed to distract himself with figuring out which desk he'd take, offering Victoria a much needed reprieve. Finally she managed to plop down in a seat in the front row and just take a breather... one which didn't last long because the teacher of the class showed up with what appeared to be a late student.

Soon their teacher explained herself and the general purpose of the class before asking if they had any questions. Once more, normally Victoria would be eager to speak at length with someone she was meeting in person for the first time. However, she wasn't quite sure if she could come up with any questions with her mind still annoyed at the previous thrashing of negativity Milo had put her through.

"Yeah, I got me a question, Teach!"

Speak of the devil. Glancing back, Victoria saw that Milo had planted himself in one of the more centered seats and was actually kneeling in the seat whilst leaning up to raise a hand, "If we get to work with local law, does 'at mean we get some kinda snazzy police uniforms? I know we's getting our costumes and all but I'd like to know if I got the option to snag me one of 'em fancy jackets I seen on TV."

June Verles June Verles

1541218314546.png
1541218194572.png
“Busted!” Arietty said musically as Eva scolded her for flirting with Jono in the teachers lounge. It wasn’t like she made a habit of subjecting everyone to her personality, she thought they had been alone when she had flirted with him. She was overcome with the feeling that something had happened in the first year criminology class. Sometimes this happened to Ari. With her quirk it wasn’t abnormal for her to get feelings from situations nearby, especially when a group of people were feeling them all at the same time.

Ari had wanted the job as the criminology instructor originally, but the position had been filled by someone else. Instead the blue haired woman had taken her spot as a teaching assistant instead while she waited for a slot to open up. It appeared that fate had worked in her favor however, because by the time she excused herself from Jono and made her way to the class she found the room without a teacher at all. Her instincts had been right after all.

The girl wasn’t quite sure what had happened, but there was a humanoid shaped hole in the wall as if the teacher had bailed. Was this class that intimidating? Ari didn’t seem to think so by looking at them, and she normally had a good sense for those kind of things.

“Uh hi there guys,” Ari greeted the class awkwardly. It felt sort of strange to just take over the class without talking to the headmaster, but at the same time it felt worse to leave a class of first years unsupervised.

“I guess I’ll be taking over your class for the day since your teacher has seemed to….well never mind,” Ari hadn’t quite found her grove in front of the room of students, but stumbled along the best she could.

“My name is Arietty Swanson, if you know me it’s likely by my hero name, Empathy. You can call me anything you like really. I’ve done a lot of work in the criminology field. My quirk allows me to read the emotions and intentions of others. Because of this I have often been used to help analyse and profile criminals in the past. A large part of this is remembering that both heroes and villains are all human at their core, they all have human emotions.” The woman paused, thinking about what to do with the class. It wasn’t as if she had a lesson plan for this group sitting around in her back pocket.

“I’d like you guys to get a feel for what I mean. Pair off and meet someone among your class, I want you to find out something that the two of you have in common. I think you will find that it’s easier to find common ground with strangers than you’d think.”

IG42 IG42 GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Brax Brax Karcen Karcen StarryKnights StarryKnights PlusUltra PlusUltra

Eve couldn't exactly place what had caused it but thier original teacher ran out and somehow she had missed it. Likely she had been playing on her phone pretending it was note taking or typing a question. She hadn't been but well being mute tending to give one leeway when it came to electronics.

Then another teacher came in and Eve assumed classes were that flexible as all teachers were heroes and well there was no telling when they might be needed. Well the new teacher seemed okay Eve had never been super up to date with heroes like some but she thought she knew this one. Still thier assignment was a bit annoying for somone like Eve as idle chatter had never been her strong suit. It took longer for even to communicate so she picked her words carefully.

"Can't we just have a pop quiz or something ?" Eve asked the text to speech a monotone voice that didn't hint at her annoyance.

• EUu008U.png

Jane Dorethy Delacroix
    Mood: Focused
    Mentions: Maj Maj

Jane scoffs to herself *Some hero*. The moment the questions came they made a break for it...literally. So mental checklist, a silent placehold that needed students to explain lessons, a supposed russian tough guy who couldnt handle pressure, and now a touchy feely one who just blurts out shes going to try invade privacy?. Shaking her head *You could have applied for Oxfords, Scuola or even Munich...but no you head to go for the local "prestigious" one*.

A blank gaze seems to be drilling holes into the teacher infront of them as she thinks over her next actions, I mean they at least had some understanding of the entire super dynamic one but her very wording showed it was still based in the old flawed perspective, that and the very nature of that quirk pissed her off to no end, she was still coming to terms with what kinda of hero she wanted to be but the list of what it wasnt was definately filling *process of elimination i guess*. Taking a slowl breath she composes her tone before finally speaking "Translation you want to profile us while pushing us together like kids on a playdate? Followed by either denying or claim a misunderstanding. That anywhere close?" If she wanted to try reading them good luck, lets at least get something out of this. In real life situations she would perhaps come up against similar quirks, so now lets think.....how to mislead or counter such a thing? hmm she could revision what shes seeing to a diffrent situation? its not mind reading so certain memorys could be used, against mental quirks that is another tool gained after all, hmm could that also be used with the drawback of her own quirk? might as well give it a shot. She steadies herself as she thinks back chosing one to focus on, her emotions where normally dulled by her quirk but with a bit of effort....

Janes eyes eventually seem to harden yet her body relaxes going relaxed, hands hanging limply to her sides as she focuses on a memory from her previous school, reinvisioning the person infront of her as that group kids, the faces blank and those words they spoked that nearly lead to her expulsion, that moment......

The air around her seemed to tense as if a pin drop could set off a explosion, as the feeling starts to roll off, that blank eye of the storm just before *Keep that thought, that moment, just before that switch was flipped* She remains there unmoving, now wait until one of the others come to them for the project *keep that thought in mind. But keep observining*

Last edited:
"Ah! That sounds... quite interesting." Victoria spoke up whilst tapping the tips of her fingers together, before shaking her head a bit and smiling "With how many notable individuals we have here, I am enthusiastic to get to know each of you a tad bit more."

The sudden change of teachers had been surprising, but Victoria wasn't familiar with how the school operated. She had no right to judge the efforts of professionals... especially if it allowed her the interaction she wasn't able to indulge in during the tests due to certain individuals. She'd only really had time to interact with one student beforehand, and although Thea seemed just darling, Victoria couldn't help but wonder more about those she wasn't able to interact with yet. Again, mostly due to the constant interference of one specific classmate she had yet to fully understand.

Even now, she could feel him staring at her from the center of the room. The Fashionista had made no attempts to make enemies, yet it seemed like he had singled her out for some reason. That was something she would have to figure out later, as she was sure it couldn't be any personal grudges lest she remember him from somewhere. It could be he'd just picked her at random, but she didn't want to assume the simplest solution just yet. Even so, that was a problem she would deal with later. Right now, this assignment seemed key to her taking one step closer to truly understanding those she'd be spending the next few years working with.

But she'd have to work quickly, if she hesitated too long Milo might attempt getting them together, and that can't be allowed to happen. So she'dd need to seek out an assignment partner quickly. The simplest answer would be to find who she was most curious about, so she quickly made a quick list of the others in the class based on how much she knew about them. It seemed simple enough, given that many had been very privy to the tests and what they revealed about quirks, and context clues gave her ideas about what she could tell from them based solely on observation. But even then, she felt unsatisfied by the results. And so she altered her criteria a bit to adjust for her own curiosity towards each, and that made picking a bit easier.

"Jane, was it?" Victoria asked as her scarf reached up to remove the beret from her head as she approached the pale girl "I hope you don't mind me requesting you participate with me?"

Though Jane seemed to be projecting an air of tension, Victoria would be lying if she'd said her performance during the quirk tests didn't illicit some curiosity for what she was like. Especially considering that-

"What?!" Victoria's thoughts were cut off by a call from the center of the classroom as Milo stood in his seat with an interested grin "You's choosing the Body-Break Babe over me, Vikki? Thought we was really connecting so far!"

"No offense Milo, but I enjoy the enjoy the idea of connecting with the others a tad bit more."
she said evenly before offering as warm a smile as possible and a nod "They are our classmates after all."

He folded his arms and glanced away with a smirk "Fine, two can play at that game!" he declared before immediately glancing over to Althea "Yo Scales, I actually have some questions for you. How about it?"

Maj Maj PlusUltra PlusUltra StarryKnights StarryKnights

This school was turning out to be very, very strange. Thea had never had teachers switch in the middle of class, she wondered why the first woman had to leave as abruptly as she did.
Perhaps there was trouble somewhere? After all, the teachers here were pro heroes, so maybe there was an emergency or something. That was a scary thought...but still. This new teacher had an assignment for them, to pair up with one of their classmates.

Immediately Thea's thoughts went to the students whom she'd spoken with, Silas, Victoria and Jane, but her attention was called away by a noisy voice coming from the center of the classroom.
Or rather, it was what they called her that caught her attention. She startled a little at the name in fact...it had been a while since someone had called her scales.

She grit her teeth, and swallowed the desire to whirl around and spit a fire ball at them.
Standing she took a deep breath and turned around.

"Thea's name is Thea. Or Althea", she spoke very curtly in a polite tone, though the rigidness of her tail was a dead give away of her mood. It took her a moment to realize that she'd spoken inaccurately again. She cleared her throat.

"I would appreciate it if you called me one of the two...", she flashed a smile. "So...what did you want to ask?".

GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

• EUu008U.png

Jane Dorethy Delacroix
    Mentions: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

Jane remains silent for a few moments her focus on the thought, trying to keep the mask up. Though with the girl approaching her now came interactionwhile maintaining it. Like keeping up a shield while attacking, keep focused. She repeats the thought like a mantra while having the vision at the forfront, turning slowly to the girl with a blank expression and taking a slow breath, tone steady and curt "Yes, and while i find the excercise contrite and forced.....Ill will accept your request" her eye moving from her to the other voice for a moment "Victoria, As for something in common i suppose both of us find him.... distateful" turning back to her "and I am currently debating living up to that nickname a alternate way" her eye now slowly studying them up close

She had arrived fairly late to the ball test but from what she recalls this one manipulated fabric, given the clothing quality she is also taking effort in her appearance. Though it appears a entire recent collection she had viewed somewhere on her walks? or maybe it was one of her mothers magazine? either way it was fairly high end so if a full set was purchased she clearly came from wealth. Hair maintained and groomed, makeup....the level of detail was definately above the normal even her stance. Nodding to herself, taking a breath and speaking again "We also both come from some level of wealth and take effort to focus on details in a sense.....have i been incorrect yet?".

This was what the excercise was, but the class was criminology so attempting to learn about a person before real interaction even takes place from the small ques, that would refine how you talk once engaging or any preperations or if you even should. Now keep focused, keep that image in mind, wait for her to respond. Jeans eyes seem to fade out to black as she attempts to keep the previous excercise up while interacting still, multi-tasking was good and she needed to go beyond, add new skills and learn. Keep focused.

If Milo noticed the dragon girl's signs of irritation, he didn't react, merely waving off her suggestion as he approached "Yeah yeah, whatever you say lady. Now I'll admit, I got so bored during the tests that I probably missed all kinds of good stuff, but as far as these eyes o' mine see, you's got all types drake stuff going on here and there."

He lazily gestured to the more obvious physical parts of her Quirk before crouching nearby and giving her a once over "So keeping with ya theme, I'm assumin' you's a fire-breather too? Might've slipped my memory before but I can totally see you spewing all types of flames. Am I right or am I right, Wings?"

Victoria tried not to listen in too much on their conversation, as she'd quickly sought out another classmate specifically to not have to deal with Milo,but she gave a silent apology to Althea for having her become his next target apparently. On that note, she chose to not comment on Jane's admittance to having a distaste for him, despite her immense willingness to agree, merely allowing the pale girl to continue with her evaluation of her.

It was always so intriguing to Victoria seeing it in action, even though she practiced a number of similar observational skills herself. And so far, Jane's evaluation was going perfectly, and when asked to comment on it, Victoria merely nodded with a smile "Not at all Darling, I've heard nothing but truths since you began. Color me impressed. My family is pretty entrenched in the Fashion Industry, so money and appearance go hand in hand for me. I'd ask for a turn, but my skills in perception are comparably lacking."

Which may not have exactly been true, but she honestly didn't feel like having an evaluation contest this early in meeting someone "Perhaps you could tell me where your particular similarities stem? I'm fairly certain your family hasn't obtained their funds from a similar background of clothing, correct?"

StarryKnights StarryKnights PlusUltra PlusUltra

• EUu008U.png

Jane Dorethy Delacroix

Several more moments of silence follows with her unblinking gaze remaining on them, taking a slow breath to speak "Correct, Legal and Media backgrounds, My mother.....has been very successful in the media in general to the current position as a top executive of the a national network, My Father similarly in national cases" She offered more detail than the girl had, though kept her wording to the point without specifics, both were true but the full extent of such was uneeded for the moment. *Keep Focus, The image in mind, dont let the feeling shift*.

Now the return exchange to gather more than can be observed, what to question? Her family was involved in fashion, the same brand as she was wearing, her eye scans her once more before another breath to respond "Your turn however, what other element do you believe are similar other than those raised already?"

Thea cocked her head to the side. This person...no, her classmate. He was very...very.
Blunt. And rude.
She frowned as he called her wings, rather than her name.

"Your eyes aren't wrong", she clapped her hands together excitedly. "My quirk is all about...uh...drake stuff", she continued cheerfully. She watched him warily as he crouched down and gave her a look over. She couldn't decide if he was just curious, or trying to make her uncomfortable, regardless she felt a little shiver run up her spine. She didn't like people gawking at her.

"And yeah...I can breath fire, I can do lots with it too", she leaned over so the two were at eye level.

"You keep askin all the questions, I want one!", she thought for a moment before clapping again. "Oh, I know. Whats your name,and uh...hmmmm what else". She paused for a moment before continuing.

"Ooh, and what's your favorite color? Mine's red!".

She stood upright and flashed another smile. Though she was still mildly irritated, she knew better than to let something so small get under her skin. At least, that was what she'd been told, but sometimes Thea struggled to keep her emotions in check.

Given this was the first day of school, she didn't want to get in trouble for fighting with someone.

Milo's grin widened even further when Althea confirmed his suspicions, but once she began questioning him, he quirked an eyebrow "Eh? Name's Milo Jacquard, but feel free to use whatever ya want there, Wings."

He finally stood before gesturing grandly towards himself "As for coloring, I'm all for the reds and oranges, but ya probably wouldn't even guess that my favorite color's blue!" He leaned down again and gave a suspicious glance around before whispering to her "Because that's what I want my flames to be one day, a nice powerful blue burn."

He leaned back and folded his arms as he once more donned a wide smile "Its actually why I figured this assignment would be easy if I was right about you, I take it we can appreciate a good bit o' heat. Though me probably more so, because I just love burning up into nothing!"

StarryKnights StarryKnights

"Well, you seem to have me a a disadvantage." Victoria noted with a small laugh before placing a finger to her lips and giving a pleased hum of thought "Well, besides the obvious I suppose I can point out that despite noticeable differences in speech patterns, there's a similar hint of care placed into which words are emphasized. However, I'm not sure whether or not Ms. Swanson will except an answer such as that."

Victoria frowned at that for a moment before glancing over to the teacher in question whilst continuing her dialogue with Jane "Do you suppose she intends for us to write down these similarities or present them in some manner?"

PlusUltra PlusUltra

There was no getting out if this it seemed. That was kind of annoying as this was all verbal and well she couldn't talk. Eve was used to being the only one as you rarely found none drag mute people or well she hadn't seen that many herself. Well she needed to do this and already people were pairing off. This a few she might have tried and others sge was glad she didn't were taken. Looking around Eve noticed a guy with bunny ears. Well that was better than nothing and he didn't seem to be one with an over beating personality like others.

Eve got out of her chair and walked over to the guy. She paused before him and started to type. " Hey mind if we partner up?" The phone soon said in tlit mechanical monotone.

IG42 IG42

Not knowing how to process the sudden departure of the first teacher Silas elected to ignore it and focus his attention on the much more level-headed lady that had showed up to take over though he was slightly concerned about her quirk, naturally a lot of people had concerns about any form of mind reading being an invasion of privacy and users were often viewed with suspicion. Glancing over at Jane it seemed that to him that she was one such person as her previously dead eyed look had been replaced with one of intense focus.

While the idea of pairing off and simply talking with someone seemed a little childish to Silas he decided he couldn't really blame the teacher as she was having to make it up as she went. Looking around he saw that Jane and Thea had paired off with other people quickly though he felt it would be better to find someone else anyway so when yet another girl approached him he was only too willing to play along even though the artificially generated voice was unexpected. "Sounds good to me." He said with a small polite smile. "My name's Silas, what's yours?" As he spoke he made sure to face her straight on thinking that she could be speaking through the device due to deafness and would have to lipread.

Karcen Karcen

• EUu008U.png

Jane Dorethy Delacroix

Shaking her head lightly as she breathes in "If she did, she has failed even further. If such conversations took place why would they need to be written down unless the subjects were not important enough to recall? especially after such a short duration?" eye sliding to the side to look across the room once more. "If she wishes it to be presented, that would only be for the others to receive that information without going through similar interactions, unless she has been not been paying attention to exchanges herself which again would be a failing of her.......anything else is either redundant or a belief that people care so little they would not recall such simple details" she would try and keep focus on any details overheard from them as well, and would be useful in future interactions, it would be best to get the information she could out of this situation.

Turning her attention back to Victoria "Though back on the topic of your original question regarding word emphasis, if i am going to speak, I am going to be accurate and concise and the words chosen. Even if the speaker does not realize it word choice and phrasing implies far more than many original intent even if they do not consciously realise it. Paying close attention to such and using those words to reveal more or further the gathering of information?.....that appears to be a important skill in this class in particular.,,,Now if you have no particular item that is obvious that we share, then perhaps take a guess at another. The worst outcome is it being incorrect but it would still reveal a element about yourself that can be used to further this interaction" *Stay focused, Stay focused* her mind was beginning to wave but she wouldn't let it, anything else would allow that woman in. Thought was there alternate tactics? hmm responding on instinct would be a option but not as useful in this sort of task except in short concise responses...plus they still require additional training to prevent unsightly outbursts. Allowing herself to simply focus entirely on her logical cortex and disregard emotional input was another but led to the other issue of the moral and ethical sides being lost such as when her.....abilities are pushed too far. She sits a little more, thinking was hard while maintaining the strong emotion and memory....that would be a problem should she need to do so in a situation that required excessive critical thinking, the only option for now would be refocusing on the detachment mental exercises she had heard about.....as much as she placed little weight in the entire meditation practice perhaps it deserved further review.

He called her wings again...
She sighed, accepting that odds were, she wasn't going to be changing that.

"Okay...Milo...", she sighed and chuckled lightly. "Red is my favorite because of my pretty, pretty hair", she reached back and ran a hand through her pony tail. One might think it would be gold, but red had always been her favorite color. It was one of the few things she was certain of, from before her accident. Despite the...uh...abrasive attitude Milo had, she couldn't help but find his reply somewhat endearing.

She remembered how he'd thrown his softball, how it seemed to burn up into ashes and then reappear.
She grinned.
"So, we both have fire quirks...how exciting", she cheered. "Wait, does that mean you can uh...burn up like the ball did before. And disappear and reappear, that's so cool!".

" Eve The phone soon spoke.

Eve did notice the slight turn to make sure she could see his face, he was assuming she was deaf. This gave her two options, the first was to correct the misunderstanding, but that was kind of dull so she would just let him assume and then tell him latter. She guessed Silas's quirk had something to do with his ears, though she couldn't figure out anything aside from better listening. Well it was best not to assume and their quirks were very likely different so there weren't any similarities, she would need something else. The question was what subjects would be good as Eve actually realized she lived a rather dull life as she needed to avoid things that caused laughing or crying ect. She had seen some but it was kind of hard to enjoy something when you focused on not making any noise whatsoever.

Eve sat pulled a chair around and sat down , as standing got dull fast. She then started typing " So then Silas tell me about you, it talks longer to type than speak" the phone said once she finished typing, thank god for text to speech.

IG42 IG42

"Well it's good to meet you Eve." Silas said while making sure his lip movements were clear for her benefit. As he spoke though he could see her gaze wandering to his ears, he wasn't surprised to see them get a look since while there were plenty of more esoteric traits in the quirk filled society this was a place where they would be under greater scrutiny than ever though he was a little unsure about his initial assumption about her reasons for speaking through the device as she seemed to have understood him just fine.

Understanding her request despite the typo he mulled over the question. "Well I'm not anything too special, I came here from Wales so I'm one of the international students and well I learned a fair few things from a pro-hero who helped me get my place here. I since you missed the quirk assessment I could show you a little of mine." Taking his hat off he stuck his arm inside and pulled out a pen and notebook in case the teacher came up with anything that actually needed to be written down. "Nothing flashy I know but I can do a lot of things with it."

Karcen Karcen

The quirk of Silas was different she didn't see many that could do portals or whatever it was he used. Actually it was like he had a video game inventory, and Eve wondered if he had a weight limit or something. Well it went without saying his quirk was very useful and Eve felt a minor pang of jealously as she often did when she saw people with quirks that didn't get in the way of life. It was surprising at times how much of human society relied on talking. Well that feeling passed by fast and the rest of what Silas said fully processed he was technically a foreigner, though with how close all the countries in Europe were, that was not surprising. Still to move just to go to school that was something Eve didn't really think of as she was actually from around here. So the question was what did they have in common? Well they wanted to be heroes but she doubted he had the same reason as her.

" I think it is neat" Eve types and the phone said " I mean, you actually are fairly interesting " She continued as she suddenly felt embarrassed as she realized just how everyone else in the room was likely from somewhere else or had some cool quirk. Eve actually felt like the stereotypical country bumpkin coming to the city and being amazed by everything. " I mean i just kind of live around here and well there is nothing super interesting about a mute local" She typed revealing she was mute not deaf.

IG42 IG42

Victoria tilted her head to the side in thought as she was prompted to make some educated guesses. Placing her cheek in her palm, she gave a hum as she looked at her classmate before smiling once more.

"Very well, I'll give it a try." she stated before sitting up straight and softly pressing the tips of her fingers together "Though I may be wrong, I surmise that you... are... an Opportunist."

She placed her hands on her desk and idly rubbed her thumbs together "I consider myself one as well, though not in exactly the same manner as you. I almost want to say you're opportunism partially feeds into your desire for self-improvement. I'm sure many of our classmates could relate to that, given where we are.

Victoria was enjoying this relaxed little discussion she was sharing with Jane, it wasn't often she could openly indulge in both her curiosity and socialite tendencies at the same time.
PlusUltra PlusUltra

It was a farfry from the other conversation going on across the room, where Milo had just finished nodding wildly to Althea's question "You know it, baby!" he raised both his hands up high before slowly bringing them together "Its all about touch based teleportation and stuff! I just got lucky enough that it took the form of some sick burns. I can do it to almost anything that can burn, including myself."

With that he crouched low again and shook his head "Ah, its actually pretty therapeutic, burnin' up and everything. Loosens muscles and joints real good. Bet if fire didn't often come with the whole pain and dying stuff, most people would probably get into it. Although..."

He trailed off as he glanced to Althea and stood up again whilst crossing his arms "Dragons historically don't really burn well, Wings. Got them fire resistances or whatever, you got a giant horde o' loot somewhere? That's a dragon thing... right?"

He didn't even seem sure of his question, but the grin he sported betrayed how funny he found it anyway.
StarryKnights StarryKnights

• EUu008U.png

Jane Dorethy Delacroix
    Mood: Strained

The image in her head was starting to waver causing her to redouble her efforts in maintianing it, she would not let it fail yet. *Do not let her in, keep that feeling but dont let it take over, remove all others*. Jane remains in silence for a a little longer thoughts moving to Victorias recent comment, a opportunist? Perhaps though then again that normally refered to someone who would do so without full regard to others or consequences. Was that the case?. She thinks back through her training and other times at school before this, no...there was opportunitys there she did not take for one reason or another she would push herself but she would also try to temper herself less she loose track her goal in the persuit of that. Her eyes darken once more the blue fading away to mull over the concept a little longer.

Several moments of silence pass before the blue of her eyes returns and she takes a breath to reply "In a sense that may hold partial truth, though most people by nature will seek opportunitys. it would be more accurte to say Critical and Analytical, then it is only natural to act on the information that gathers but only if appropriate. Its the later part that i would say does not apply to the typical opportunitst" pausing once more as she looks across the classroom regarding her last comment "Self-Improvement however is a focus, perhaps to a greater extent then others? or perhaps merely the effort and will to persue such makes it that way. But on the topic of the comparisons, Thoughtful could also applied to both of us but on differing matters...." eyes focusing on hers for a moment "Though you appear to take far more satisfaction in expressing such and conversing than most"

Thea's eyes went wide with awe as Milo described his quirk, she wished she'd paid closer attention to the rest of the tests, maybe she would've caught a glimpse of him using it.
"That's so cool!', she gushed excitedly. Somehow, when he was flashing a big smile and going on about his quirk, Thea found him less abrasive. Maybe she'd just misjudged this strange, blunt classmate of hers.

She didn't really see how burning up to ash could be relaxing, but then again she'd never done it before. And never would, given Milo had a point. She beamed and flicked the scales on one of her arms.

"Thea's scales do make her fire proof, so you're right! I couldn't burn up if I wanted to", she sighed, as if sad she wouldn't get to share the experience. She giggled at the horde remark, looked left and then right before leaning in.

"If I told you yes, you'd just want to go out and find it...wouldn't you?", she whispered softly in a semi serious voice, before bursting out laughing.
"Thea...I mean, I don't horde things. But I do have a super cute collection of little ceramic dragons back home! Does that count as a dragon thing?", she cocked her head to the side, beaming.

It was painfully obvious that the student’s didn’t like her lesson plan. Right from the get go she had a few complain, one girl spoke through text to speech and asked for a pop quiz instead, the other insulted her directly. Ari met both with a warm smile.

“It will be good for you to get to know each other, your class becomes much like a team during your years here. It’s important to build bonds. There will be plenty of time for pop quizzes later I assure you.”

She let them pair off and talk, she made note of the progress of the event, but didn’t hone in on any one conversation. I was essentially none of her business anyway. The room was a buzz with a variety of emotions. Some were nervous about the assignment, some seemed hurt that people didn’t want to pair up with them. A few students seemed to be enjoying their conversations and then there was one student very dedicated to making Ari sense her.

In her years of dealing with emotions she knew when someone was trying to trip up her quirk, and the constant block of emotion this girl was trying to throw at her was a definite attempt at that. Ari smirked, clever girl, although Ari wasn’t a threat nor was she out to pry into this girl’s life. In fact, by doing this and focusing on one intense feeling she was giving Ari more information about her than if she had just acted normally.

Arietty let them converse for the rest of the class while she worked on tweaking her lesson plans for criminology. That way the next class she would be better prepared.

“Okay guys! Thanks for hanging out with us during all the confusion today. I hope you realized that we all have more in common than first meets the eye. I promise to be more prepared for class in the future. You guys are dismissed!” she sat down at her new desk to allow for them to leave as the bell rang.

PlusUltra PlusUltra GrieveWriter GrieveWriter StarryKnights StarryKnights IG42 IG42 Karcen Karcen

It was time for a special day. The students would be seeing the Eiffel Tower in all it's glory. The symbol of france itself. So yes again, today was a special day, chosen for the sunny rays in the sky with few clouds.

This will be good for the students, it's a great attraction aswell as a learning experience.

Students were boarding the bus. A quite nice bus not like a typical school bus, this was fancier. It very much was a product of the school's rich and acclaimed success. White walls with furnished wooden floors and leather seats lined up in 2 by 2 rows.

Dan stood next to their driver infront of the dashboard, quickly addressing all the students in their seats.

All right students. I want everyone to be on their best behavior. We're heading to the Eiffel Tower and see the attraction and then we will meet a very special guest.
He's the captain of the French Guard, our nation's national defense unit forces. Some of our most famous heroes are a part of the French Guard.
He'll be giving a speech today. I can answer any questions for now. And then you'll all be free to talk.

My brother is the captain of the French Guard. I hope that fact isn't too pressed on. Although it will be good to see him.

StarryKnights StarryKnights Karcen Karcen GrieveWriter GrieveWriter IG42 IG42 PlusUltra PlusUltra iijora iijora Brax Brax Maj Maj

A week had passed since school started and Eve had not actully shown her quirk to anyone. There had been questions but being mute she could refuse to answer easier and simply claim it couldn't be shown, which was true. Eve wouldn't be surprised if some thought she was quirkless. Still Eve knew if she was going to be a hero she needed more than her quirk and started learning some hand to hand combat, or well trying as she was horrid at it, and designing her suit. They weren't due to make them for a bit but Eve wanted to make sure she had everything she wanted.

It was day dreaming up her super suit that occuptlied her mind as the bus drove on. Others might be excited to see the tower, but Eve was jaded. She was a local she had seen it so often the place was mundane just another part of the city. The others, namely the fee from other countries might marvel, but Eve didn't care. The guest might turn out intresting, but so were the games on her phone and tablet. Today she was using the tablet to speak as they keyboard was bigger. That was something her suit really needed some kind of mind linked text to speech thing. That is maybe a visor that could display text. Thus while they waited Eve made some notes and tried to poorly start drawing out ideas she had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back