• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Santa Monica Home for Boys and Girls [Reboot](closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Nate

Mood
Caring

Interact
Dawnstar Dawnstar (Felix)

Mention

Nathan simply smiled feeling Felix's heartbeat still a bit fast but it was strong. This fact being quite comforting for the preteen as it seemed to confirm that he would be alright. As Felix began to move Nathan helped him sit even though he was worried that the boy should just rest a bit longer and not be trying to get up. But Nathan figured it would probably be useless to try and argue this point with Felix. He had already come to realize that Felix was one of those boys that just didn't slow down so Nate thought the best thing he could do is support him and hopefully keep the boy from further injury. Nate smiled pulling the boy close as Felix's head came to rest on him. Looking down at Felix Nate adjusted himself a bit so he could better support his friend and place the ice back on Felix's side.

Nate smiled shaking his head as he grabbed his phone. "well of course your not cause you will be chillin in our chairs and ill get the food and drink" Nate retorted showing Felix the phone. It was clearly a joke yet still Nate was also laying out what would happen making it clear that he wasn't going to let the boy push himself. Nates left hand gently held the Ice pack in place while his right wrapped around Felix holding him close his hand Idly caressing the boys head and twirling hair between his fingers. After the boys sat there for a while not really doing anything Nate's only goal being helping his friend heal. The smell of food being thrown on a searing hot BBQ started to fill the air which made Nates stomach rumble a bit as he pulled out his phone typing another message for Felix. "Smells like food will be ready soon... You think you wanna try getting up and getting to the loungers? Just let me help you and take it slow." Nate showed the message to Felix poking him in the nose if he wasn't paying attention. Nate then patiently waiting for the Boy's response ready to help him get to his feet. Even if that meant taking most of Felix's weight, Granted Nate wasn't a hundred percent sure he could handle all of the boy's weight not being the strongest of people but he figured he would deal with it if he had to.
efb41f6ca66479d7c1831b86b7a22ab1.jpg

Evelyn

Mood
Pensive -> Cheerful

Interact
None (Open)

Mention
None

Ev' had arrived late to the beach, much much later than the other kids here at the home having stewed herself in frustration after her previous encounter with Jack. The teen girl having decided to sit down and perform some meditation in her room for nearly an hour, before proceeding to the overly aggressive watering of her small jungle of houseplants dotted all over the home. All of the above having helped though her head was still a mess, thinking, rethinking, overthinking the situation with Jack and only making herself more annoyed. Outwardly just appearing her normal scatter-brained self as she wandered the home cleaning and checking the plants, blanking people and talking to herself as she thought.

As the time of the party drew closer however Ev' began to notice other kids begin to make their way out of the home - one by one. She sighed and knew she needed to pull herself together. Ev' making her way up to her room and changing into something more bearable for the summer heat - before heading down to the kitchen to check on the snacks she had prepared much earlier that morning before Nathan had even gotten in for their cartoon session. The teen girl checking in the freezer and a smile across her face, meanwhile the kitchen now empty and quiet with almost everyone at the beach by the time she was changed.
She pulled out the tray of frozen treats and began work of preparing portions into small plastic cups, before quickly storing each one in an extra cooler box she had at her side. Though she found herself briefly interrupted as Hunter came in, shaking his head a little at her. "Wondering where you were, your seriously not ready yet..?" The older teen asked as he made his way over shaking his head and just getting to work assisting her.
Ev' didn't really respond at first just focusing on cleaning up though she did kinda like Hunter, always thought the other teen was pretty cute. Not that she'd ever make a move, he was older and going to leave soon. Wasn't worth her time. "Yeah sorry. Got distracted." Pause "Plant's were thirsty."

"So what we got here, is that watermelon? That's got to have taken you hours to cut and freeze all this." Hunter commented looking at the icy vegan treats. "..And you know whenever you say that I know somebodies thrown you off. Done somethin' you didn't expect." ...Hunter paused trying to be supportive though he knew Ev' wasn't likely to admit to this. Ev just blanked Hunter, quickly and grabbing more treats and adding them to the cooler, her quick movements having her long blond hair flow behind her as she worked like a wave. "No idea what you're talking about. Plants were just thirsty." She replied affirming her body language before pausing. "...But thanks for coming to check on me." Ev' voice softened lowering her guard a bit.
"You okay to help me carry this down? We should have enough for everyone even if someone want's seconds." Hunter smiled a bit. "Say no more." The senior teen taking the cooler. The two idly chatting and talking the whole way down to the beach.

Eventually they made it and Hunter eventually setting down the cooler behind the Tikki-bar. "Need a hand with anything else?" Ev' shook her head but thanked Hunter for his help, letting the older teen go off and hang out with some of his other friends that had arrived since they were away. Ev' proceeding to head over to the BBQ where some of the staff were and as she often did offering to help. Ev' taking some of the cooked food back to the Tikihut. As the calling went out that people were allowed to come and get a bite to each, she'd laid out the burgers, hotdogs, chicken wings, ect on the bar so kid's could come and help themselves here as well as grab buns and condiments instead of crowding around the hot grill.
Ev' seemed in a pretty cheery mood as she set herself as what might as well have been a bartender to each of the kid's and guests began to get hungry. Helping get iced from the coolers for drinks, sodas, ect as well as frozen treats like popsicles, ice-creams and her own addition vegan addition of watermelon sorbet which honestly likely sounded fancier than it was. From here she was also able to get a great view of the beach, the sea, and of just what was going on as she always enjoyed plus was in the shade from that glaring summer sun.

puma-ladies-ace-tank-top-black-front.jpg
wccbr004_caine_f.jpg
Sterling_Silver_Whitby_Jet_Large_Pentagram_Necklace_P1862..jpg
s-l640.jpg
ELOISE-BACK-STRAP-ESPADRILLE-WEDGES-LIGHT-TAN_AY6-592.webp

Felix

Mood
Injured / Playful

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia (Nathan) Dawnstar Dawnstar (approachign Evelyn)

Mentions
None

"Hey you goof. I just-like bruised by ribs or somethin'. I'm fine." Felix clearly liked the fact he was going to get babied here, though he knew he couldn't yet fight back against it. He was already feeling a decent bit better, the worst of the pain already having already receded. Felix had gotten himself battered and injured time and again, this was nothing new. This was nothing new, nothing special. Yet he also kinda knew that Nathan wasn't going to take that as a response, especially as a small spike of pain hit again as Felix tried to move a little. "Frick frick frick sticks." Felix gritting his teeth for a moment. Okay fine. Felix might need more than a 5 minute sit-down on this one and more like a few hours to the whole rest of the day to recover.

He did however laugh a little as Nathan poked him on the nose. Felix lifting his head a little and sniffing the air. "Only if you're gonna-like have a bite with me." He playfully nudged his friend in the side as he made his way up to his feet, trying to dismiss Natan a little bit as he did so not wanting help getting up. "My leg's work fine. I can walk, just- *wince* need to be a bit careful. That's all kay?" Felix taking the ice pack from his friend and holding it there himself as he slowly made his way across the beach. He was moving steady and fine, clearly not needing a hand. Nathan could easily see that Felix had lost that energetic bounce and speed he'd characteristically have tho, clearly still in some discomfort.

Felix noticing the smell and call for food all laid out at the Tikki hut, he started making a detour there before they went back to the lounger. Felix not going to simply rest and let Nathan do everything; ven if his overcaring friend was certainly going to try and likely succeed at limiting his activity for a while. "Let's go grab a bite now, foods all there. - And there isn't a crowd yet or anything." Felix insisted, nudging his friend in that direction - though he might need a hand from Nate in carrying some of it. Felix seemed in good spirits though and quite excited about grabbing a bite to eat despite his brush with danger only minutes ago. "-And I think-like you owe me that cheeseburger now." He gently elbowed Nathan sticking out his tongue a bit. Nathan didn't owe him anything - nor were they getting charged but ehh. He was just being a bit silly with it, making jokes despite everything.

fashion-3d-printed-mens-summer-surfing-shorts-quick-dry-beach-swim-trunks_1553603348667.jpg

Last edited:
Asher

Mood
Distraught

Interact
Edric Blight Edric Blight (Jack)

Mention
None

Asher just sat head buried in his lap completely over everything he just wanted it all to end. As his long winded apology cane to an end Jack began to speak. Asher just gently shook his head a part of him wanted Jack just to hate him for being gay. Part of him thought that would be easier than any other outcome. If Jack was just a bigot then Asher wouldn’t have to be the bag guy here. But as it stood he was Asher had kissed Jack completely unsolicited. In doing so he had hurt his new friend something it seemed he just couldn’t stop doing. Why? Why do i have to be gay? Why cant i just like girls then none of this would have happened... if i was just normal I wouldn’t have hurt him again.By this point Asher had condemned himself completely he was miserable. And for the first time in his life he hated himself for being gay. This hate was of course misplaced but it was still there.

Asher was so consumed by his own thoughts he nearly missed the question jack threw his way. But as each word was spoken a hole was torn wider and wider in his hear. Jack truly though Asher was the bad guy. Not that Asher could blame him but the pain it caused was still there. Had Asher just used Jack as some sort of rebound from Jordan? Of course not Asher thought. Sure he had a physical attraction to the boy that made him want to get to know him. But Asher grew to like Jack he wanted to be Jacks friend none of this was just about wanting to kiss Jack not even bringing him to the secret spot. Though it definitely looked that way.

N..no no thats not it at all... sure i thought you were cute... a...and i was attracted to you...physically... but... but as i... got to know you I realized... I realized how awesome you were... and I... I wanted to be your friend... I didn’t bring you over here... to kiss you... I brought you here cause i... i care about you... and i knew you would feel more comfortable here... than back at the party... the... the kiss... that was a stupid terrible horrendous mistake that should have never happened... i’m so stupid for doing that... if... if i wast a freak it would have never happened... i’ll never be able to tell you how sorry I am... i care about you as a friend... and I scared and hurt you... Im a terrible person and... and you should just run away from me so you wont get hurt again.” Asher’s words came in fragments between tears as he struggled to speak. His body and mind feeling weak and broken. His whole body visibly shaking with rage, sorrow, and fear.

He felt disconnected from his body he wanted to look over at Jack but his head wouldn’t move. He tried moving his arms but they refused to budge Asher felt like he had no control over his body or his mind as he sat there like an outside observer watching the scene unfold.
GUEST_d7c1e40b-f418-4c8b-adb2-764c49f81255
peacocks-beach-white-shorts.jpg
il_fullxfull.1616679018_idg5.jpg
713N2MyyVrL._AC_UY395_.jpg

Jack

Mood
Too many

Interact
Asher

Mention
KaiMedia KaiMedia

What was Jack to think? There were too many emotions going on inside of his head. He had never felt so many of these weird feelings before. He was questioning the one friendship he had mistaken allowed himself to fall into now. All there was now was terror in his eyes, eyes of someone who had just felt that they were stabbed in the back and betrayed. "That's why you took me here to this spot...." the boy said softly, just coming to the realization himself, "Y- you planned this, didn't you?...." Jack looked down at the ground, feeling hurt. No wonder why he didn't try to make friends. People were such a huge waste of time. He looked down at the ground frowning, not being able to even bring his head up to look at and make eye contact with Asher, the boy who he thought was just his friend.

After a little moment of silence and processing words, Jack spoke. "
You wanna know why I'm so quiet and don't like talking people?" he asked, not planning on giving Asher too much time to respond to his question, "Because of crap like this! The one time I'm forced into making a friend and it turns into this.... Damn it.... I should've known from the start...." Jack said, sounding defeated as he looked out into the water. It was a beautiful scene contrasting the depressive emotions he was feeling right now. Jack sighed, a long exhale. He'd never felt this betrayed in his life before.

"
I don't care that you're gay, that's not the problem here," Jack said softly, letting Asher know it wasn't his preference for boys that was making Jack feel this way. His parents had always raised him to be accepting of other no matter what, so he wasn't about to throw his parents' teachings out the window. "I- I'm sorry it's just that-" he paused, "I- I don't like boys.... I- I think I like girls...." he told him. He closed his eyes tight, holding back tears. He'd mastered the art of holding back tears by now due to the sheer amount of times he had done it in his life before. It was rare that a tear slipped through when Jack was truly trying hard to hold them back. "I should just go..." Jack said softly, thinking about getting up and leaving and just walking back to the house, once again locking himself up in his room for the rest of the night. Sure, he'd miss the BBQ and sure, he hadn't had anything to eat yet, but he felt a bit queasy and the sinking feeling in the bottom of his stomach certainly made him lose any sort of appetite.

Nate

Mood
Caring/ Annoyed

Interact

Mention

Nathan chuckled a bit as Felix sniffed the air and laid out his "condition" for getting food. Nathan gave a small nod still smiling at his friend. As Felix started moving to get to his feet Nathan stood by ready to catch him if he needed to despite the boy's protest. Unimpressed by Felix's tough guy attitude Nathan just rolled his eye staying close. It was clear to Nathan that even now just walking without any sort of help was pushing the preteen more than he should. Pain was the bodies way of saying stop something is wrong and Nathan could clearly tell the boy was experiencing pain and ignoring its signals. But Nathan didn't know what he could do so he just followed Felix closely as they made their way across the beach. Nate then throwing his hands up in frustration behind Felix's back as he made his detour for the food. What is with him? Just go sit down I can get you food!! You Need to rest!! Nate followed trying to figure out a plan to get the boy to just sit and relax.

As the two reached the Tikihut they saw a large assortment of burgers, hotdogs, chicken wings, and all the fixings you could ever need. Nathan looked up and saw Evelyn behind the bar helping out which didn't surprise him one bit she was always trying to help one way or another. Nate gave her a small wave as Felix Joked about Nate owing him a cheeseburger the young boy looked at his friend holding an ice pack to his side. Clearly uncomfortable with every move he made. He just shook his head he couldn't understand why the boy wouldn't just go relax. Nate could get the food it wouldn't be that hard and Felix needed rest but no he had to be tough and show that he was fine. Nate clearly a bit frustrated turned to Evelyn quickly signing something to witch the older teen nodded. Nate the turning Half way between her and Felix nudging the boy to get his attention looking him in the eyes with a serious but clearly worried expression as he began Signing Evelyn translating "Hey meathead. I know your suppose to be like this tough guy or something but like your hurt and your clearly in pain." Nathan then rolling his eyes as he continued. " Yeah yeah I know Nate I just bruised my ribs I'm fine. But your not fine I see it on your face every time you say you are so if you like it or not you are gonna take it easy. you are gonna go sit down and I am gonna help you with stuff so you can get better... doing stuff while your hurt only makes it take longer to heal and I want you to feel better so you can skate and stuff okay?" Nate clearly wasn't mad at Felix his Expressions showed nothing but concern but he had gotten rather annoyed at the tough guy act the boy insisted on putting on when he was clearly in pain. After finishing what he had to say Nate simply turned grabbing two plates and two burgers as he began fixing both him and Felix something to eat. Nate making it clear as he began doing everything that he wasn't taking no for an answer simply motioning to different toppings to see if Felix wanted them before putting it on the burger.

Evelyn

Mood
Cheerful / Serious

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia (Nathan) Dawnstar Dawnstar (Felix)

Mention
None

Evelyn smiled, an amused smirk on her face initially as she saw Nathan approach up though then her eyes fell upon his friend besides him - Ev's own eyes drawn and scanning over the number of still fresh looking scars. It was clear the boy was injured, though his expression clearly tried to play it off as a joke. He seemed athletic, though scrawny with very little bodyfat. Ev' looking macabrely curious as her eyes continued to trace the scars, eventually turning to concern as she followed Felix's arm to the icepack at his side.
The need's eyes darted to Nathan who clearly seemed concerned for him, a internal smirk that she didn't show - as the clearly frustrated preteen seemed to start signing to her about what was clearly his crush's behaviour. Nodding quickly to Nathan's request she began to translate his sign language for Felix to understand doing her best to mimic Nathan's frustrated but caring expression like she was an actress being fed lines.

As Nathan stepped to the side clearly very annoyed and began to preparing food for the pair, Ev' looked back to Felix again and continued speaking - not caring if Nathan did or did not see what she was saying. "Look kid, I get your the kind of kid to always keep getting back up and try again - but you're gonna give little Nathan a heart attack if you do. He's trying to take care of you, so sit down, behave and rest up. Nathan's got the right of it, he clearly want's to hang out with you and so it's no good if you get yourself in hospital. Understand?" Evelyn sounding very much switching to a scolding older sibling than a caring one here. Every year there was seriously injuries and seriously, lets not have it be the new kid. The state of Felix's body told her enough that he wasn't going to sit down and rest otherwise, having been soo active even with his body covered in barely healed injuries.

She then moved infornt of Nathan leaning down in the counter and signing to him. "Give him two of these with his meal, IF he actually sits down and behaves for you. They'll take the edge off his pain, but it's not an excuse for him to go running off. Right?" Ev' instructed Nathan before handing him a small strip of basic painkillers she kept around for emergencies - giving the better behaved preteen a slight rub on the head ruffling his hair and letting him go back to getting food.

wccbr004_caine_f.jpg
s-l640.jpg

Last edited:
Felix

Mood
Injured / Upset

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia (Nathan) Dawnstar Dawnstar Evelyn)

Mentions
None

Reaching the Tikkihut Felix couldn't help but sniff again taking in the wonderful smell of BBQ, his mouth watering ready for a bite to eat - almost enough to forget about the discomfort he was in.I n particular the desert area though also caught his attention, he could see icecream and looked it watermelon! Yum! Felix was grinning almost sheepishly before getting nudged in the side by a very serious looking Nathan.

The combined words of Nathan and Evelyn just kept coming as the two scolded him, berated him for his inability to slow down and unwillingness to accept help. Felix getting honestly pretty angry as this went on. He was fine; or he was going to be! He just needed to grab a bite to eat and sit down for a bit. Felix knew he'd be fine. It always worked out when he got hurt, he'd always bounce back. And if he started sitting around doing nothing what was the point of him fighting soo hard to come here after getting punished, he came here to have fun with Nathan and the LAST THING he wanted was to instead ruin the party for his new friend.
"I don't need taking care of! It's not even that bad, I've gotten myself hurt way worse and been fine after! Nathan can just go and enjoy the party - It's just a bruise where my-" Felix began trying to justify and defend his actions back to Evelyn wet immediately the older teens hand slammed down on the counter, a serious expression yet also a smile on her face. "No arguing." Evelyn dead serious in her tone before smiling again, switching back and fourth with a unerring ease. "..Now tell Nathan what you're having to eat sit down." Evelyn sounding friendly but again stern as she crossed her arms to the preteen. Felix just kinda left speechless as he stood there still holding he icepack to his side. "..."

Deflated Felix didn't argue back, his anger just turning to guilt, frustration and annoyance. The playful excited look he had in his eyes disappearing like Ev' and Nathan's words had just snuffed out a candle behind his eyes. Felix just waiting and letting Nate grab whatever foods he was going to, nodding or shrugging, or shaking his head to different toppings for his burger. Fine whatever Nathan's won and good job Felix you've ruined the first party you attended getting here... Once Nathan had the burger and drinks together he'd just slowly follow his friend wherever they were going next, presumably back to the longueur unless Nate wanted to get something else. No joking, no poking or nudging just- quiet, disheartened and obedient to whatever Nathan instructed him to do or aid he tried to give. Taking it slow and easy as he went, only making slight noise as he wince when the pain spiked again. The spasm is his chest while calmed still left the swelling very tender as Felix moved.

fashion-3d-printed-mens-summer-surfing-shorts-quick-dry-beach-swim-trunks_1553603348667.jpg

Asher

Mood
Distraught

Interact

Mention
None

Asher sat silent as Jack spoke he didn't know what to say the boy was upset and how could Asher blame him? This whole thing looked like some elaborate setup Asher had just put together to get the boy alone... To kiss him. Asher felt horrible about what he had done he thought about how he would feel if some girl did the same thing to him. If some girl had lured him to privacy and forced herself upon him. He knew how upset he would feel how violated how angry he would be. He felt the boy sat on the beach with him probably hated him and he had every right to. Asher didn't blame Jack if he wanted to run far away from him... From the boy who had betrayed their friendship and violated him causing all these horrible emotions. Eventually Asher composed himself enough to speak his voice still horse and a bit shaky but not tear filled like before. "Maybe... Maybe you should I wouldn't blame you for wanting to run and hide from me from everyone. I... I violated your trust... I forced myself onto you. But I need you to know how sorry I am for that... I know I know your not into guys if I didn't before I sure as heck do now... And I know you might not believe me but I didn't plan this... I swear I didn't bring you here just so I could kiss you... I... I wasn't even thinking about that. I swear the only reason I brought you here was so you could be more comfortable... But I went and screwed that whole idea... I cant take back what I did Jack I wish I could but I cant and... and I'm sorry I couldn't control myself I'm sorry that I let my feeling for you get in the way of our friendship... I am sorry for destroying your trust. I don't know if you can ever forgive me I don't know if I would...But I still care about you and...and I still want to be your friend... and I... I..."

Asher trailed off his words coming out as genuinely as he could make them. Of course they were genuine but with his Heightened emotional state at the moment who knew how clear that came across. Asher finally managed to force his head to move turning to look at Jack. Jack the boy he just betrayed it tore Asher apart to see his friend this way. Even more so knowing that it was all his fault. Asher was scared of what might come next but he knew he had to accept whatever Jack decided. This was his fault and Jack had every right to hate him. Asher apologized and that was all he could do whatever Jack decided from here he had to accept no matter how painful that might be.

Jack

Mood
Too many

Interact
Asher

Mention
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Every fiber of Jack's being wanted to run away and go back to hiding in his room. He wanted to never forgive Asher for betraying his trust like that and taking advantage of him like that. It was so easy: he could easily slip away into his room and never be seen nor heard from again. Who would go checking on him? Surely no one. Only two kids in the house really knew Jack: Evelyn and Asher. Asher surely would never want to speak to Jack were he not to forgive him and Evelyn seemed just about done with Jack's stubbornness. But Jack's heart hurt for the boy. Deep down under that shy and timid shell of a person was a truly compassionate, kind, and caring young boy. A part of Jack was undeniably angry at Asher and disappointed that the boy seemingly used his trust in order to sneak in a kiss with him. Asher wanted him for his good looks, didn't he? But Jack couldn't bring himself to stay mad at Asher and to never forgive him and abandon him forever. He was always told that he needed to stop pushing people out of his life. Maybe just this once, Jack would have to put aside his stubbornness and tap into the kind human that was in his heart. He was a caring and sweet boy, just way too quiet and stubborn.

Jack closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He sat there in silence for a little while, collecting his thoughts. He did his best to hold back the part of him that wanted to run away back to the house and hide inside of his room. No, he couldn't do that. "God damnit Jack stop being so stubborn for once," he yelled at himself in his head. He knew deep down the right thing to do was forgive Asher. The boy was practically crying in front of him and pouring out all of his emotions to Jack, he couldn't just leave and never speak to the boy. The one and only boy who was his friend here. Asher seemed genuinely sorry and remorseful for planting the unwanted kiss on Jack's lips. Jack took one last deep breath before opening his eyes back up and turning to face Asher.

"
Look Asher.... it's ok.... I'm sorry....." Jack said softly, frowning a bit. He couldn't help but feel bad for the boy in front of him apologetically practically in tears. He also couldn't help but feel this was his fault to some degree. He looked Asher in the eyes, "Listen, I- I forgive you, I can tell you're really sorry bro... I- I'd like to remain friends too...." he told the boy. "Let's agree to put this all behind us, I think it'd be best, don't you agree?" Jack said. He was surprised with himself to be honest. He had allowed himself to forgive Asher and even went a step further- told the boy that he still wanted to remain friends. Jack no longer felt any anger towards the boy and that feeling of betrayal was certainly slowly starting to fade away. Jack looked up at Asher and tried to force a smile from his little frown. He was feeling so many emotions so fast in only a short period of time. Maybe they truly could move past this. Jack was starting like Asher and deep down definitely wanted to remain friends with the young teen. Besides, Asher was practically all Jack had here. Without his one friend, life at the Santa Monica home would surely be even MORE miserable than Jack already felt that it was.

Nate

Mood
introspective/ worried

Interact

Mention

Nathan felt satisfied as Felix began allowing him to help happily preparing their plates with Felix's input. However sparse it may have been. He didn't immediately notice the change in his friend's mood he was just happy the boy seemed to be resting. After acquiring the burgers some chips and a few sodas the boys made their way back to the loungers with all of their things. A messy pile of shirts, shoes and a pair of sunglasses all roughly tossed near or on Nate's camera bag at the foot of one of the loungers. The boys got settled in their chairs as they began digging into the delicious food set before them. Nathans mind began to wander to all the fun he and Felix had the last couple of days they hadn't known each other long but Nate knew Felix was now his best friend. Or at least that was how he saw it. Felix was kind, funny, playful, and far more daring than him. Nate had quickly come to cherish this new friendship for many reasons his admiration for the boy beyond friendship being among the main reasons.

As Nate sat eating his food his mind continued to wander to many various topics. A lot had happened in the last well less than 48 short hours. He made a new friend, his new friend was bullied by Asher, Asher and his new friend got in a fight and were punished, he started to learn how to skate, he found out he had a crush on his new friend. That last thought stuck with Nate for a while everything had been happening so fast the last two days he hadn't even really had time to properly digest his revelation about his budding sexuality. Hmm I'm gay? soooo I like boys... well I like Felix anyways He couldn't help but smirk as the thought passed through his head. Is that a problem? hmmm no I don't think so I always kinda knew I was different from other boys. Guess now I just know why... Not that I shouldn't have known before its so obvious now why I always liked looking at other boys. haha stupid! But Felix? Well he probably isn't gay so dont get your hopes up... But also your never gonna know if you don't make some kind of move... Ya gotta try flirting its your only chance Nate. uggg but Im so bad at it!! Well duh you've never done it before. Nate continued his internal debate for awhile before looking over at Felix. As soon as Nate saw him he couldn't un-see the clear mood shift in the preteen. Nathans head cocked to the side a bit as he pondered what was going on.

Felix just seemed different he seemed mellow, distant, and sad. Where was the normal fire in the boy's eyes? The playful jests and jokes? Come to think of it the boy hadn't said anything the entire time they had been eating. Was it his injury? No Nathan knew that couldn't be it even immediately after nearly drowning the boy still had that playful fire in his eyes. Nathan continued to ponder when finally it hit him. His eyes grew soft as he looked down at his plate. Nathan knew exactly when Felix's mood changed and it was all his fault. It was the lecture that had to be it! Nathan cursed himself a bit at the realization... but he hadn't intended to upset Felix he wasn't trying to be mean. Was he mean? Clearly Felix thought so. All Nathan wanted was for Felix to slow down and accept some help. Not even with everything necessarily but the boy had been acting like he wasn't even hurt and that worried Nathan he just wanted his friend to get better.

Nathan sighed as he reached down grabbing his Ipad. "Hey... Felix? Are you okay? you seem upset was it what I said? I'm sorry I wasn't trying to be mean I... I just wanted you to relax and I wanted to help you get better." The Ipad spoke in its synthesized voice as Nate looked to his friend. The boy's mood clearly not budging Nathan snapped his fingers bending over again he grabbed his sunglasses before moving over to Felix's seat the two boys were easily small enough to fit in the same lounger. Nathan then placing the sunglasses on Felix upside down before poking him lightly on the nose. A large goofy grin across his face. Seeing the boy's mood still fail to change even a bit Nate once again grabbed his Ipad. "please feel better I'm really sorry I never wanted to make you sad!" Nate looked worriedly into Felix's shade covered eyes gently grabbing the boy's hands and lightly fidgeting with Felix's fingers. when suddenly the I have an idea look spread across Nathans face as he typed on his Ipad again. "ya know earlier when I had your helmet and stuff on? Well I was trying to skate on my own and well I fell into the grass... Then... Then I had to pee but I got super nervous so I had to crawl to the bathroom with all the skating stuff on cause I couldn't get the skates off because of those latches and there were so many people in the hall just starring at me... It was so embarrassing." Nathan turned bright red as he sat legs crossed facing Felix gently rubbing the boy's thigh like his mother used to do to him when he was sad. Sure Nathan was super embarrassed to tell Felix that story and had hopped Felix would never have known that it happened but he was desperate to make his friend smile and get him back in his normal playful mood.

Felix

Mood
Upset / Frustrated / Guilty/ Injured

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia (Nathan)

Mentions
None

"... *sigh*" Felix quietly made his way back to the lounger with Nathan and sat himself down. Waiting for Nathan to hand him his burger which Felix began to slowly bunch into, not with the same veraciously he normally would - just like slowly nibbling. Felix had been super excited and hungry for a nice greasy cheeseburger and wings but now like... No. Felix was still hungry sure, but he also just felt too guilty to be able to really enjoy them. Am I just being selfish.. I just want Nathan to feel better. Not get stuck here wasting this party cus' of me. Didn't want to upset him. Felix not even able to finish his favourite food properly and just putting the paper plate with it and the unfished wings on an adjacent beachside table. It was just soo frustrating! Felix had no idea what to do here and and...

At Nathan's initial question Felix just kinda shrugged, responding with this apathetic and slightly confused tone. "..Yeah... Just-like doing nothing like you and that girl said to." He's doing exactly what Nathan asked wasn't he? Felix's eyes looked out over the beach and everyone else running around and having fun, laughing and chatting, or even just getting to mingle and have a laugh - the frustration just intensifying slightly.
Even as Nathan himself tried to be playful putting the Sunglasses on Felix and poking him, it really didn't generate much of a reaction; Felix briefly smirking but it didn't last longer than a second before he just removed the sunglasses and just held them in his hand. Felix did think they were cool, and Felix instinctually wanted to play back but.. Nathan would get just more upset if he started something. Starting a poking fight back or somethin'. Felix just putting the sunglasses back on the right way round quietly to himself.

Honestly this just sucked. Only reason Felix could even get himself up was to come to the beach, and he was ruining it - not just for himself which whatever he could deal with runing for someone else wasn't an option. It was stupid, stupid, stupid. Felix gripping the edge of the lounger tightly for a moment. He could see it on Nathan's face, he was upset because Felix was hurt, that Felix was being soo much trouble for him. What kind of friend you are you Felix?
"I'll be fine.. This meathead's just gonna take a nap. Promise I won't go anywhere by myself so just like... Go. Find something fun to do. No point having me ruin the party the party for you too." Frustrated he just rolled himself over carefully on the longer onto his uninjured side, and facing away from Nathan. Felix mind racing but hopefully now he'll atleast feel better knowing Nathan would just go and do something better than babysit the injured kid again. There's a reason he never told people he was hurt. They just act like this getting all upset and overprotective, then nobody wants to do anything- family trip ruined, ect. Yeah whatever he got it, "rest up, you need your energy back. You need to if you want to feel better..." Whatever...

Even as the iPad began playing Nathan's message in that synthesised voice it just kinda fed more into Felix's frustration than it did anything else. Yeah he might've found it funny and playfully teased Nathan for it normally but Felix just wasn't in a mindset for that. Only really reading the negatives at the moment. There was none of that in him. Felix just reaching a hand back to take the iPad and write a reply message.
"Sry that happened. Falling sucks :( but it part of sk8. And sry the latch got stuck... Can try and show u again l8tr if u want? and im allowed to... and if you still want 2 try sk8 more? If not.. Just leav them in my room then. U do look cool in all the gear tho!! ⭐ But I get it if u hate it now after that.. didnt know that happened. was rly happy to see u on em and practice without me. :/" Felix not looking back to Nathan at all just typing the message and handing it back over his shoulder to his friend sat besides him. Felix just now doing his best to get comfortable to lay here for the next few hours.

Last edited:
Asher

Mood
Pulling it together

Interact

Mention
None

Asher looked at Jack a clearly confused expression on his face as he stared at the boy. Sure this is the outcome Asher had hoped for but he definitely didn't expect it. He thought for sure the young teen would take off to his room never to be seen again. But now here he was accepting Asher's apology and he still wanted to be friends. Asher couldn't believe it and yet as it sunk in that this was really happening Asher found it hard bring a smile to his face. He wanted to he really did and this felt like a time when he should smile but the boy was still just too overwhelmed with so many emotions he couldn't muster more than just a weak grin as he gazed over at his friend. Friend? yes jack was still his friend since the kiss Asher wasn't sure and couldn't even use that vocabulary in his own head but now... now he knew they were still friends.

Asher took a deep breath as he felt some of his strength return to his previously drained body. A wave of relief washing over him. "R...really?... I thought... I thought you would hate me... and never want to talk to me again." Asher said a worried tone taking his voice. Asher was still in shock and was a bit worried this wasn't actually happening. But it clearly was Asher shook his head to clear his mind before continuing. " Y... Yeah behind us right lets do that... I promise nothing like that will ever happen again I swear okay don't worry... I would rather get hit by a car than see that look on your face again... so unless you start it which you wont because well your straight and any idiot with a brain should have known that..." Asher began babbling on as he often did when nervous catching himself he stopped taking another deep breath " It will never ever happen again." Asher's voice was filled with conviction showing how serious he was with that promise. The boys then sat there for a few moments quietly sure they were now still friends but were do you go from where they just were. How do you just move on? Asher was trying to figure that out when the smell of food drifted to his nose. That's It!! he thought.

Asher stood walking the ten or so feet to Jack having been keeping his distance after what happened. "umm Are you hungry? Smells like the food is ready I could get your plate if... if you know you just wanted to wait here?"

Nate

Mood
worried/sad/content.

Interact

Mention

Nathan sat looking puzzled lightly rubbing his chin as he tried to take everything in. Felix's current behavior was so alien to what Nate had come to expect from the boy and nothing he did seemed to cheer him up. Go have fun by myself? What would I go do? I'm perfectly happy right here with Felix. I just hope I can make him feel better. Nathan thought to himself as he continued pondering the current situation." Just-like doing nothing like you and that girl said to. Go. Find something fun to do. No point having me ruin the party the party for you too." Felix's words kept ringing through the boys head. Is he even mad at me?.... Or is he just trying to make me....oh Nate now thought he was staring to understand things a little bit better. Nate hadn't even considered this whole time all Felix had been trying to do from the start is make him feel better. Felix was hurt and nearly downed why would he be worrying about making Nate feel better? Sure Nate was terrified of the Idea that he almost saw his best friend die before his eyes while he was powerless to help. But that didn't matter not compared to making sure the boy who almost drowned was okay right? And now Felix is still trying to make Nate happy it all began to make a bit more sense to the preteen.

Knowing what he did now Nate couldn't help but be a bit upset by how he had handled this situation. Maybe if he had realized Felix's motives sooner he could have gotten Felix to chill out without having the boy feel the way he did now. Nate now felt he was right before it was all his fault just not for the reason he thought it was. Nate of course knew he was right for telling Felix he needed to relax but clearly he could have done it in a better way. Nathan knew he had to fix this. He knew in this moment that he technically got exactly what he wanted but this was definitely not how he thought it would be. Felix was so bummed he hadn't even finished his food let alone had desert.

Nate grabbed his Ipad typing out his message. "Felix I'm sorry I got upset with you... I.. I was just so scared you... you almost drowned and and I couldn't do anything to help. I was so focused on what I thought that I didn't even realize that you were just trying to make me feel better... I'm sorry I just saw that you were hurting and I thought you were just... being a meathead I shouldn't have called you that... That was mean. I'm not made that you were trying to have fun I... I just didn't want you to push yourself ya know? and as far as going and finding something to do... I don't want to I would rather stay with you... Besides groups of people are impossible for me and it stresses me out so much trying to keep up I usually don't even say anything... Like I like people but interacting isn't easy for me with my limitations especially cause people don't tend to care about slowing down and trying to include me... Your not ruining anything I am perfectly happy here with you... In fact there is nowhere I would rather be.... And if you wanna take a nap well that sounds great!!" Nathan didn't have the Ipad read aloud instead handing it over to Felix as the boy laid down and nuzzled into the lounger next to his friend. Draping one arm across Felix gently holding the boy close as he tucked his other arm under his own head. Sure this was partly to make a point about Felix not being an inconvenience for being hurt. But Nate also figured the boy could use some gentle affection right now and Nathan had always enjoyed cuddling. The situation only made better by the fact that it was Felix he was now cuddled up with.

Felix

Mood
Confused / Scared / Frustrated

Interact

Mentions
None

Felix just continued to lay where he was. He was still, quiet and clearly very unset. As Nathan wrote out his long message on the iPad, Felix just started to curl up a little a stream of tears starting to pour from the smaller preteen's eyes. He couldn't stand this. He couldn't deal with this. Everything was falling apart and he had no control to do anything, had lost everything, his friend was upset at everything and anything he did. It was just an overwhelming feeling that even the tough little guy couldn't handle. Silently tears just began to wet his own arm used as a pillow as the other continued to hold the freezing though quickly melting ice in the sleeve to his side.

Nathan as he wrapped his arm around his friend feeling an occasional jerking in Felix's body from his crying, and sniffling - Felix practically being reduced emotionally to that of a little kid for the second time today by the kids of this house. Felix didn't want to see what was written on the iPad, he didn't want to get yelled at any more - he didn't want to know what he did to upset Nathan again. Felix only curling up tighter at first, though instinctually relaxing as Nathan nuzzled up forcing some attention. Why won't he just go. I told him he doesn't have to waste his whole part-...

Felix opened his eyes briefly and saw some of the writing on screen. It didn't make sense. Maybe it was just Felix but it didn't make sense. Like was Nathan lying... There's no way right, he's his friend. No he wouldn't but.. Why... Felix honestly didn't know how to handle the message though slowly began to type back. "It's not like I want 2 just nap. there party going on!!!! i want to hang out with u! But you don't even want me to hold my own plate... Dunno what wont make u mad for me to do. and-and I am a meathead! a stupid loser meathead! i nearly fffffff drowned. i knew my chest was hurting but i didnt want to ruin the party. i wanted to go swimming, i wanted a water fight, i wanted burgers and icecream. i wanted us to play games on the sand and show u cool stuff i can do. i only agreed with work with ash so i could come here and hang out with u!!!!! now u wont let me do anything with u anyway!!
...i even was dumb to think u would like skating but that just made u mad at me 2. 😭 I'm sorry."
Felix just in self anger let out a bit of a whine before just handing back the iPad back to Nathan. He just felt soo defeated. He felt scared for once, being forced to confront dying again and not being allowed to deal with it the way he instinctually would. He can handle pain, he can handle anything. The jokes and laughter was as much to convince Nathan he was fine as it was himself.. The alternative was scary, and... being made powerless was the worst feeling possible. He couldn't fight back, he couldn't keep pushing on and just had Felix in tears. Nathan's affection clearly opening the floodgates for tears and anger to come out - he wanted his new friend to actually be his friend and like him and- and he didn't know what to think right now.
Was Nathan upset at him, was Nathan not upset? What could he do without getting his friend to be more upset.

Last edited:
Jack

Mood
Calming down

Interact
Asher

Mention
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Jack closed his eyes and sighed, "No, I don't hate you," he replied softly. He opened his eyes back up and looked at Asher as he promised never to pull something like this ever again. Jack sure hoped so and that he wouldn't be put into this awkward situation again. He nodded as Asher went on, but he couldn't help but smile and let a chuckle as the boy babbled on. "Ok thanks, and yea let's put this behind us," he said. Jack looked at Asher with a playful smile to let him know he was joking around and wasn't mad, "But I don't think I'll be giving you a kiss anytime soon, heh heh." the boy chuckled. Jack stared at Asher once more, nodding his head and giving his a determined smile. "Thank you," he said more confidently now, appreciating that Asher promised not to let something like this happen again.

He still thought back to Asher's words from before. He was both surprised and a bit flattered that the boy had admitted to him that he found Jack attractive. "Handsome" was one of the words used. Although he wasn't a fan of the kiss, he certainly couldn't help himself but replay Asher saying that compliment of his looks in his head. It made him feel oddly good inside. He shook his head and tried not to dwell on it for too long. Soon a familiar aroma floated into Jack's nostrils. It smelled like BBQ food. The smell was so familiar to the boy as his parents would have countless backyard BBQ's back in San Jose.

Jack put a hand on his belly and smile, "
Yea, I could go for some food!" he said. He felt his stomach growl a little realizing that he was beginning to get a bit hungry. Jack nodded, "Let's go," he said as he gestured over to the area where food was being served. He immediately realized that he had possibly made a mistake. There were TONS of kids over there in that area near the food. Surely that would mean more kids that would potentially want to socially interact with the young brown haired teen, of course that being something Jack dreaded. But he figured he needed to push those fears aside for Asher. He'd stick with Asher the whole time he told himself. After all, the boy did say that Jack could stay with him the whole time and that he'd "protect" him and Asher seemed like a man of his word, so Jack decided maybe that it wouldn't be so bad. He couldn't believe he was doing this. Jack hoped that everything would go smoothly and that the two boys could just go in and out and get their food. He had to eat anyways, so he would need to come here eventually. It would be better if he went with Asher by his side- or more like Jack by Asher's side.

Nate

Mood
content.

Interact

Mention

As Nathan laid there gently holding Felix and cuddling with him he could feel the boy's emotions as he cried a bit. Felix even letting out a small whine as he handed the IPad back to Nathan. He didn't Immediately begin typing a response deciding instead to hold on to his friend hoping to sooth some of the obvious pain the boy was feeling. Nathan began gently rubbing Felix's arm up and down with his right hand which had been lazily draped over Felix. He then adjusted himself to lightly brush the fringe from Felix's forehead and rubbing gently. Nate was not in the most comfortable position for himself right now but that didn't matter to the boy. It was clear to him that Felix needed to feel safe to feel like he could feel whatever emotions he had inside and not be judged. And Nate was going to do his best to provide that for his friend. "Shhh its okay... shh" Nate did his best to provide a soft soothing voice as he consoled his friend unsure if he was successful or not.

After a short while Nathan pulled out his phone Texting Evelyn "Hey umm if its not to late would you save two of the sorbet's you made I don't know when but I think we will need them.^_^" satisfied with his text Nathan hit send before turning his attention to his IPad reading over Felix's response one last time before beginning with his. "Hey... hey!! First off your not a stupid loser meathead!! I... I didn't... I was just trying to get your attention but I shouldn't have called you that.:( You are super cool:coolshades: and funny skater boy Felix The action movie star!! and Most of all your my best friend! Second I'm sorry... I was a little... umm Harsh earlier I... I didn't mean for you to feel like you couldn't do anything I just wanted you to take it easy and let me help some so you didn't push yourself and make your ribs worse... But maybe I could have handled it in a better way I just hated seeing you in pain just trying to walk. Thirdly I... I don't hate skating its really fun I...I was just trying to make you laugh cause it was kinda embarrassing:33: I just think I need more lessons before trying on my own and it didn't at all make me mad at you!! What about we chill for a little bit... Have some Ice cream or something then see how your feeling and see if we can find something to do like even if its just going for a little walk I just don't want you to push yourself but.. but we can still have fun right!! and I will try not to overreact if you have a little pain okay? Ill try and trust that you wont push yourself too hard if you promise not too. I just... I just...I really really care about you Felix like a lot💕 and it just scared me seeing you like that earlier. But I promise I will try and back off a little." Nathan looked over his very lengthy message several times before carefully leaning over Felix and propping it up against the arm of the lounger for Felix to read. Nate didn't lay back down instead just watching Felix as he took in the massage still gently stroking the boy's arm with a warm smile on his face.

Nate truly felt bad for how he made Felix feel and was determined to try and back off a bit like he said he would. Though he knew that would be easier said than done. Nathan wouldn't easily be able to just shake the worry he had for his friend. He couldn't get the image of Felix barely staying above water out of his head the boy just feeling helpless as he watched his friend drown. Nate knew he wasn't a strong enough swimmer to help and knew that him trying would have likely created a bigger issue with Nate drowning to. These thoughts terrified the boy and were the root cause of all of his actions since that moment. He knew giving Felix space wouldn't be easy but if a little space was what Felix needed Nathan was going to do his best to give it to him.

Felix

Mood
Recovering

Interact

Mentions
None

Felix was quiet for a while, like a really long while as Nathan just sat there trying to sooth the broken preteen; gently stroking his hair and rubbing his arm. Felix's eyes scanning what was written again and again. This had just been super rough on the boy. Eventually after what might have been a worrying amount of time for Nathan without his friend responding Felix sat himself up slowly, holding his injured side as he did so though the ice was basically just slush in a plastic bag, with Asher's wrapping. His face was all red and puffy when he eventually sat up sniffling. Felix wiping his face and eyes dry using his forearm and just still seeming really out of it. The light really still pretty vacant from his eyes. Then just suddenly Felix just shook his head really hard like a dog drying its fur, before quickly running his hands to try and fix his hair back its its signature styled messiness.

Felix turning and looking to Nate with a weak smile, it was clear Felix was still hurting after what was said - after the corner he was forced into but his eyes weren't quite as glassy now, there was a dim hopeful spark. "If..... If-like we're gonna have icecream and go for a look around I should-*sniffle* probably finish eating what I got first?" Felix asking but it was clear he just needed reassurance that Nate wasn't going to just force Felix to lie down all night, that he wasn't going to get upset. Why would Nate get upset at Felix eating his food, doing what he just suggested? He didn't know but his emotions were still misfiring after how far he was pushed.
Once reassured though Felix would take his plate back, and start nibbling though it was still slow at first, his appetite not really back yet. As the preteen ate in silence however he would eventually look back to his friend with a soft thoughtful expression. "...You got any -like data on your phone? If so do you mind if we watch something real quick, -like got something I wanna show you? ..If that's okay that is."

puma-sunglasses-PJ0001S-009.jpg

Last edited:
Asher

Mood
Pulling it together

Interact
Edric Blight Edric Blight (Jack) Dawnstar Dawnstar (Evelyn)

Mention
None

Asher Noticed Jack's apprehension as they got ready to go get some food. He looked over to his friend with a warm smile. "hey its gonna be okay... I promise." he paused for a moment looking at his friend " I'll protect you." He said as he turned to head towards the food making sure Jack stayed close. "So what are you going to have?" He questioned as they got closer in an attempt to cut though the awkward tension that still loomed between them. "Chicken wings and a bunch of fries sounds freaking great to me." Asher sounded quite excited and truthfully he was. As he began to drag himself out of the depressed mess he was just a few moments ago the idea of some good BBQ sounded amazing to him. It was just what he needed a perfect comfort meal.

As the boys got in line to grab their food Asher was very careful to make sure back was beside him not in front or behind. Asher felt the boy being next to him gave him the best opportunity to fend off and "attacks" in the form of unwanted social interactions and before he knew it that theory was put to the test. "Hey I'm Hanna I don't think we've met." Asher heard another teen pipe up from behind " You starting at our school next week" The girl continued. Asher turned around looking the girl in the eyes trying to seem kind and gentle " Hey Hanna he is very pleased to meet you but would appreciate getting through this line in peace... It's nothing personal" Asher spoke very plainly hoping not to sound to harsh but needing to get his point across the girl simply smiled maybe rolling her eyes a little and went back to talking to her friend. Asher hoped Jack wouldn't mind him talking for Jack but he promised to protect him. And Asher knew unwanted interactions were the threats the boy was worried about so he figured it would turn out fine. Asher did indulge himself in a little small talk here and there with some of the other kids mostly to try and keep the attention away from jack as they slowly made their way to the front of the line. Finally the two teens made it to the front of the line where Asher quickly began dishing up his plate Piling it high with Chicken and fries. " oh hey Ev shoulda known I would find you here helping." he chuckled as he saw Evelyn behind the bar helping a couple of much younger kids get what they needed. If she looked she would obviously be able to tell he had been crying given the puffiness that remained around his eyes. Though his mood seemed to contradict that. Also striking her as odd would likely be his sleeveless arm. " so you plan on actually enjoying the party or just helping all night." the boy Joked before looking back to Jack "you want another..." Asher froze in place as he looked past Jack. There he was the guy who had put Asher in such a terrible mood the previous day. Jordan was just stood there talking and laughing with another group of teens. Asher couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Why? why is he here? why would he show up? I cant believe it!! Just when things were starting to look up!! After a few moments Asher managed to shake himself out of it. His demeanor changing immediately as he seemed to shrink down into himself. He looked straight ahead at the food trying to act like nothing had change. Asher knew he could shake himself out of this and he would. He just really hoped Jordan didn't try talking to him that was something he couldn't deal with so he did his best not to be noticed. As he refused to look in even Jordan's general direction. "D..do you want another soda?" he asked in a much quieter voice likely barley noticeable through the sound of the party.

Jack

Mood
Mostly content

Interact
Asher

Mention
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Jack smiled and nodded, grateful for Asher's protection. "Thanks," the brown haired boy said softly. He went along with Asher, certainly glad for his company and his promise to protect him and stay with him. Jack was putting a great deal of trust in Asher, but he truly believed the boy wouldn't let him down and would stay true to his word. Jack nodded and smiled, giving Asher a tiny thumbs up. "Yea sure, chicken wings sound good," he said. Jack was pretty hungry so chicken wings sounded pretty appetizing right now. Plus, the boy wanted to eat and get something into his body and not think about the drama and crazy emotions of just a few minutes ago. "Let's go," he said as he followed Asher along to get some food.

Both Asher and Jack, following him along, got on line to get their food. Jack waited behind Asher, standing a bit close to him as if he were clinging to him for protection. Sure, the boy wasn't grasping onto Asher's shirt or anything, but he certainly was standing quite close to Asher. Suddenly, Jack felt his body jolt as he heard a voice behind him. It was the voice of a girl and she seemed to be talking to him. Jack's eyes widened as his heart leapt, his heart rate increasing and his eyebrows raising high in surprise. Jack opened his mouth to stutter something awkwardly, not being good in these meeting new people situations, when Asher came to save the day for Jack. While the girl seemed to have good intentions and was polite, just trying to nicely potentially meet and make a new friend, Jack was someone who was pretty bad with and didn't enjoy making friends. Luckily, Asher came in to save Jack. Jack felt a sense of relief as Asher came to his aid and explained to the girl that it was nothing personal, but that Jack had no interest in talking to her or really anyone for that matter. Jack was definitely glad that Asher had spoke for him. He didn't know how well he'd be able to defend himself or get out of that situation on his own, so Asher's help was more than welcome and appreciated. Thanks to Asher, Jack had successfully avoided an unwanted social interaction.

Eventually, the two made it to the front of the line and it was their turn to get some food. They had managed to avoid any unwanted social interactions, at least for Jack. Asher made some casual conversation on the line with some other kids, but luckily no one seemed to notice Jack nor start any sort of conversation with him. In fact, maybe by casually speaking to a few of the kids on the line, Asher had kept them distracted and away from Jack so that none of them would start getting friendly and attempt to initiate a conversation with the young brown haired teen. However, Jack's eyes widened a bit as he saw the older teen girl from before, Evelyn, helping to serve some of the food to the kids. Luckily they had managed to avoid direct eye contact or social confrontation. Jack took some chicken and similarly to Asher, filled his plate up with fries, which he personally loved to eat.

Jack went along with Asher to go sit down somewhere to eat. Jack looked to his friend who began speaking but weirdly, suddenly stopped speaking for a moment, seemingly noticing something off in the distance that caught his attention. It confused Jack quite a bit, but he decided not to think on it too much or ask Asher what he had saw. When Asher did eventually continue speaking and finished his sentence to a confused Jack who was standing there and waiting for the boy to cough out his words, Jack noticed that Asher's words seemed much more quiet and soft, almost nervous. Jack raised a suspicious eyebrow over the other, "
Uhh, y- yea, sure," he replied. He could definitely go for another soda, he loved soft drinks. Jack cocked his head a little bit, "You ok?" Jack asked, a bit concerned. What in the world had the boy just seen? Jack wondered if Asher was feeling ok.

Evelyn

Mood
Concerned / Alert

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia (Asher & Nathan)

Mention

Evelyn was really in her own little world here as she moved behind the bar, gently chatting with in her normal idle way with the various kids and guests if perhaps a bit more cheery than normal - keeping the area well stocked and stopping a few minor arguments when something ran out. To the teen's absolute delight she'd already seen a few of her watermelon sorbets disappear and positive reactions from those who ate them. Ev' knew they'd taste great but she never knew if others would go for them or just stick with plain icecreams. She watched even as a group of the soccer players from their school came over and took some, wasn't sure whose behalf they were here on - still they seem to be enjoying themselves.

Then the sound like windchimes could be heard from Ev's pocket as her phone went off. She drew out her phone to take a look, smiling a little. She took a leisurely moment to think and then replied back. "Say no more. I'll keep two in the cooler for you guys. Take good care of him ;)" Evelyn considering teasing Nathan a little over the message but declining to do so for now, she can always do that later.

Returning back to the bar she suddenly noticed as Asher has showed up - loading his plate up with a ton of food. She would have thought nothing of it but... Yeah okay something wasn't right, did he find out Jordan was here his face being that red? That was ignoring his arm, she couldn't remember the last time he left it fully unwrapped. "Well I thought I'd help sell the kids on some of my sobet." She joked. "You wanna grab some before the rest of the kids take it all." Asher knew transparently it wasn't anything about the Sorbet, Ev' always helped out in some regards, cooking, serving, cleaning up. "You know what, sure I'll take some time for the party - Haven't had much a chance to eat yet. Let me bring some over to your table." Evelyn smirked as she went about finished up helping a few last kids for a moment, moving right past Jack as she did so yet not even acknowledging or pausing on him. Even speaking to someone behind Jack with her gaze her seemingly passing trough him like he didn't exist.

... She took to work doing something behind the counter, taking a couple of the soda and shaking them up violently- punching a small couple of marks onto the top of the can with her fairly-sharp nail priming these things to just potentially explode if even dropped or opened the wrong way.

A few minutes later she made her way over to the same table Jack and Asher with a grilled-tofu burger she had the staff cook just for her, two sorbets, and a handful of sodas a short distance away from the bar, sitting herself down so she could keep an eye on where Jordan and co' were as she did so. Ev' just sitting down as if she didn't just invite herself over to sit down. Putting the unshaken spare soda's in the middle of the table, and keeping the two primed ones besides herself. She then placed the single extra sorbet she bought infront of Asher - though the other one stayed in-front of her.

"Ash." Evelyn simply spoke his name and then paused and leaned in close speaking softer. "You gonna be good? You look like a mess. It is because the lying you know who is here?"
She asked with a pointed tone seeing how much he had shrunk up, her eyes tracking them off in the distance. There was a rare almost predatory look in her eyes for a moment, her tone protective of one of her few actual friends. Ev' then leaning back in her chair a bit, one leg over the other looking as relaxed and in control as she always tried to. Her chair slightly turned towards Asher a little bit facing him specifically and away from the direction of Jack.

wccbr004_caine_f.jpg
s-l640.jpg

Last edited:
Nate

Mood
Happy (just how he belongs)

Interact

Mention

Nathan Waited patiently for Felix to respond in some way but as time ticked by Nathan couldn't help but get a little worried. He hoped he could pull his friend out of the funk he was in but honestly he hadn't known the boy long enough to really know what worked. Eventually Felix began to sit up Nathan letting a hand linger gently on his back just offering a little support as the boy slowly rose. Nathan just keeping his same gentle supportive smile. As Felix suggested finishing his dinner Nathan smiled brightly adjusting his position so Felix could actually get to the plate of food he nodded, resisting his urge to just reach over and grab the plate. He knew that he needed to show Felix that he was serious about what he had said. Nathan was fighting all the instincts in his body to do what his mother would do any time he was even just a little hurt or sick and just take over on everything.

Nathan's own head finding it hard to give up control of the situation and allow Felix to deal with this how he felt he needed to. Nathan still wasn't convinced that the boy's approach was the best or healthiest way to deal with problems but he couldn't let his unmovable mind continue hurting his friend. He looked his friend up and down as he ate the boy did seem to be in less pain now as not every movement cause him to wince. Nathan was also glad to see a hint of Felix's normal self return to his eyes as he smiled at the boy patiently allowing him to eat. Noticing the ice in the makeshift ice pack was almost melted Nathan almost couldn't help himself as he reached for it planning to just go get more ice but he managed to stop himself instead grabbing his IPad "Umm... do you think you are gonna need more Ice? Or you fine? Cause I can get more while you eat." Nathan now allowing the IPad to read allowed again as he looked back up to his friend allowing Felix to be in control despite how much effort it was taking him.

"...You got any -like data on your phone? If so do you mind if we watch something real quick, -like got something I wanna show you? ..If that's okay that is."
Nathan Smiled brightly pulling his phone from his pocket with a nod before handing it over to Felix. Then repositioning himself to be sat right beside Felix again so he could see whatever the boy wanted to show him. Making sure to not bump Felix's side as he did. "We can watch whatever you want... I got unlimited data so no worries." The Ipad read as Nathan settled in.

Felix

Mood
Recovering

Interact

Mentions
None

Felix shook his head in-regards to the ice, as he gave a slightly pained smile. "No offense Nathan but-like if I put any more ice on it I think my rib might just fall off." He replied with a bit of a joke, clearly feeling a bit better - and reaching to take Nathan's hand and putting it gently on his chest. Felix's ribs were freezing cold, dry and pale - having had the ice almost against his bare chest for the last who knows how long the boys had been here.

As Nathan handed over the phone and shuffled on over Felix couldn't help but let out a weak laugh. He flicked up Nathan's sunglasses he'd been wearing to the top of his head, squinting a little as the sun glared in his eyes. Felix headed onto Youtube and spent a few minutes searching before ending up on a small random channel and pulling up a video simply labelled. "FKG first time - inline.".
The video a blurry old home video showing a very adorable looking little kid, maybe 4 or 5 years old tops - in a blue-dinosaur themed helmet and more padding than a hockey player being helped up to his feet to the first time on a pair of inline skates. The kid getting up, wobbling around a bunch and clinging on tightly with who Nate would recognise from his earlier snooping as likely Felix's Dad. The little kid who was presumably Felix saying something and his Dad and looking really afriad and scared of being on the skates - seeming like he got encouraged by his parent though the picture quality was too shaky that there is no way Nathan would be able to figure out exactly what was said.

The video lasting like 5 or 6 minutes, has the little kid Felix trying to stand up, wobbling and falling on his butt - but then immediately trying to pick himself up, and try again... To immediately fall, get up, and try again. And again. And again. With the fine motor skills of a drunken elephant the kid met concrete again and again before waving to the camera like 'no no I got this', saying something and getting up and trying again only to fall. At one point rolling out of control, arms wobbling wildly down the slight slope of the driveway before just ceremonially crashing into a car parked in the garage at full uncontrolled speed, arms played out as his torso impacted in looked like a rather painful hit sending the little kid toppling back onto his butt. Young Felix holding his leg tightly looking like he got himself a bad graze that was bleeding a little, and was more than a shaken up in tears as his Dad came over. Looking like he was just done, too much in pain, and too upset.

Looking to Felix he was just smiling a bunch, and kinda giggling gently to himself as he rewatched the video he'd watched dozens of times before. Watching his younger novice self start out and just kinda fail a lot. Clearly having no idea what he was doing, and at least here being worse than Nathan currently was with his two-hour crash hour. As the video played, the phone sitting on his lap Felix did continue eating actually speeding up a bit and finally finishing his burger. To Nate who was likely watching his friend's expressions it was clear watching this for some reason cheered him up a little bit more spark back in his eyes. As the video came to a stop Felix finished snickering and just looked to Nathan with curious grin expectantly as if asking to hear his thoughts - Felix clearing showing this video for a reason other than to just cheer himself up.

puma-sunglasses-PJ0001S-009.jpg

Last edited:
Asher

Mood
Pulling it together

Interact
Edric Blight Edric Blight (Jack) Dawnstar Dawnstar (Evelyn)

Mention
None

Asher simply smiled grabbing a couple more sodas from behind the bar before the boys bade their way to a table sitting down to eat. He remained quiet for a few moments trying to compose himself before quietly responding looking down at his plate. "y...yeah yeah I'm uh i'm fine." the answer was clearly not genuine and would likely not even convince a toddler as his gaze refused to move from his food as he started eating. As Evelyn joined them at the table Asher did his best to force a smile onto his face but it lasted all of a few seconds. Asher thought he would be able to shake this no problem but it was proving to be harder than he thought. Of course this was reasonable given what Jordan had put him through and that they had only broken up less than 48 hours ago but Asher hated the feelings he had inside he swore to himself when they broke up and he spent an entire night crying that he wasn't going to let Jordan get to him.

Asher felt so conflicted part of him wanted to march up to Jordan and yell at him. The gull he had to show up here after everything Asher just couldn't believe it. He so badly wanted to yell and scream and cry and tell Jordan how he felt how the teen had hurt him. But then there was that part of him that wanted Jordan back a part that just wanted to forgive him and give him another chance. As if it wouldn't end in the same way as if the boy wouldn't just do the same things again. This was the part of his feelings that he truly hated right now how could he even consider letting that boy back into his heart? Why would he think it would be any different? He couldn't understand the feelings welling up inside him. They were so confusing and even more so they were painful. Maybe this is just how it feels when you loose the first person you thought you loved? Maybe this was how everybody felt after their first breakup. Asher really didn't know but he knew he despised this situation.

As Evelyn inquired to Asher's obvious state of disarray he closed his eyes taking a deep breath. Speaking louder than he was before "Yes and no... Me and Jack just... we were just working through some stuff plus Felix almost drowned. But seeing him here has certainly not made things better." Asher paused taking a deep breath than looking to Jack " And Jack I am sorry I lied how can I expect you to be honest with me and then not give you the same courtesy... so no i'm not exactly fine. Remember how I told you I just got out of a bad relationship well thats him." He motioned over to the Caramel skinned teen stood in a groups of about four other boys as they laughed and joked shoving each other here and there as they appeared to be having the time of their lives. It was clear why someone might be attracted to the boy he was tall and slim with a very athletic body. His short black hair framing his face perfectly. " and well considering we broke up less than 48 hours ago after I found out the truth about him... You can imagine I am less than thrilled to see him here... And I definitely dont want him to see me or try and talk to me. I don't know what I would do if he did." Asher's voice was not particularly emotional as he spoke in fact it almost just seemed to lack emotion entirely. Mostly due to how conflicted his own mind was. Asher then just picking up one of his wings and beginning to munch on it slowly.
360_F_180298225_4zoZsfdQoLgDtYgJ73O0I5kq0aj9Cva6.jpg

Jack

Mood
Mostly content, a bit nervous

Interact
Asher

Mention
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Jack still took note of Evelyn's presence and close proximity. He dare not make eye contact with the teen girl. She probably hated his guts and he sure wanted nothing to do with her. He focused his attention to Asher. He nodded, "Oh ok, that's good," he said as Asher told him everything was ok. He took his word for it and believed him. Besides, what could he even do if everything truly WASN'T ok? Not like Jack had the guts to step in or do something or the skills to comfort Asher if needed. The brown haired boy just simply shrugged his shoulders and decided to begin eating. He took a first bite of his chicken and chewed it. He nodded his head slowly, savoring the taste. It wasn't bad, not bad at all and very tasty. The boy ate in peace and quiet in silence near Asher as the boy talked to Evelyn.

But soon, Asher took a deep breath and looked over at Jack, speaking to him. Jack's eyes widened as he continued chewing the food that was in his mouth, hoping he wouldn't have to speak any time soon as he didn't want to be disrespectful or disgusting and talk with a mouth full of food. He listened, tilting his head in interest as he finished up chewing and Asher explained to him what was up. Turns out, things weren't exactly ok and something was worrying Asher. Jack's eyes widened even more as he swallowed and opened his mouth slightly in surprise at learning the new information. Apparently Asher's ex boyfriend, Jordan, was at the party. Jack had only briefly heard his name mentioned and only a little bit about Jordan from the time Asher and Jack had that deep conversation last night when they talked during the intermission in the hockey game.

Jack shook his head and closed his eyes, "
Nah don't worry about lying, it's fine," he reassured the boy. "Damn, that's uhh, awkward I guess," Jack said, looking around a bit nervously as if he even knew what this Jordan kid looked like. Soon, Jack would catch his first glimpse as Asher pointed over to a boy. Jack squinted and saw a caramel skinned boy who he could only assume was the Jordan in question that Asher was gesturing over to. "Oh man, that's the one? Yea I remember what you told me about him last night..." Jack said. Jack nodded and cleared his throat, "Yea yea I get it, totally understand dude," he told Asher, "Uhh, I'm sure we can avoid him right? I'm uhh, kinda good at avoiding people.... it's kinda my thing, I've got you covered I can help you out with that. Just gotta stay in the shadows man." Jack said. If there was one thing that Jack was exceptionally good at that wasn't hockey, it was certainly the art of avoiding people and disappearing from a crowd like a ghost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back