• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Santa Monica Home for Boys and Girls [Reboot](closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Jack

Mood
Nervous

Interact
Asher

Mention
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Jack nodded his head, cracking a tiny smile. "Thanks," he said softly as Asher turned around and went to go get him his drink. The boy nodded as Asher slid over a can of soda. He took the can in his hands, it was cold to the touch- just how Jack liked it. Cracking open the can, the boy took a little sip, putting his can down when he was finished and smiling, satisfied with the taste. Soda was certainly his favorite beverage, but he never had it too much since it was so unhealthy, as his parents had told him.

His eyes widened at Asher's question. He fiddled with the can in his hands for a bit as he spoke. "
Well, n- no not really, never was a big swimmer," said the boy, obviously lying. Jack was never a good liar. He tended not to lie as he was brought up to always tell the truth, but when he did lie- the rare times he did- he was awful at it. Anyone could see the nervous ticks of him not being truthful from miles away. He had hoped he wouldn't be questioned on the matter further. Luckily, Asher broke the slight awkward silence with some more questions. Jack had loved swimming back at home, he just knew he wasn't prepared to go back and get his swimming trunks and take a dip in that water with all of those kids he didn't know.

Jack smiled softly, and couldn't help but chuckle a little at Asher's attempts at joking. He knew the boy was trying to ease the mood, and Jack was ok with the light-hearted fun. He knew the boy just wanted to get to know him a bit better. "It's the quiet ones you gotta worry about." It was certainly a phrase Jack had heard before. He took another sip of his soda can, bringing it to his lips and taking two sips, setting the can back down on the counter, shrugging his shoulders. "
Yea I like hockey," the boy replied softly, "I mean I guess that's pretty much it. I don't like many other things." Jack told him. He took his one hand off of the can and raised his hands a little as he shrugged his shoulders once again. Maybe he really was a boring person. He only really had one interest and one passion. No wonder why he was so boring to talk to, he thought.

Jack had been nervously glancing over his shoulder and looking around significantly less as Asher struck up a casual conversation with him. Although he was still extremely nervous and highly uncomfortable with where he was and the current situation, Asher was a familiar face to him that provided some comfort in the craziness of the party setting. The boy had almost forgotten he was there at the beach party, as it was just him and Asher at the bar, sitting in their own little world out there.

Asher

Mood
mildly angry

Interact
Edric Blight Edric Blight (Jack)
Mention
None

Asher smiled at his friend slyly as Jack "confirmed" that he didn't like swimming. A poorly told lie that Asher saw through immediately. But he didn't say anything not right away anyways. He instead continued the casual conversation with his friend. As he slowly sipped on his soda." well thats okay maybe together we can find some other stuff you like. Broaden your horizons a bit ya know?" He reassured his friend smiling warmly at him taking another drink of his soda.

"But lets start with some easy stuff that ya know every good friend should know." Asher spoke brightly almost to much so. Something might have seemed a bit off with the cheery way he talked it being nothing like how he normally sounded instead it was just light and full of joy. He then began asking some basic questions leaving time between each for Jack to answer. "What is your favorite color, Favorite thing to eat, whats your birthday?" each of these questions sounding equally as unsettlingly cheery as before. As he asked his last question though the cheeriness went away his expression becoming serious, smile gone from his face, eyes narrowed as he looked at the boy. "You know if you dont want to swim just because of all the people thats fine..." he paused for a moment taking in a small breath. "But you don't need to lie to me Jack." he broke his gaze from the thirteen year old. " I really have no time in my life for people that are going to lie to me... so if your one of those people tell me right now." Asher then looking back to Jack. Asher knew him lying about swimming wasn't too important but that was exactly the problem he had with it. If Jack was willing to lie about something so small what else would the boy lie about?

Asher having just gotten out of a relationship with a liar and manipulator had no desire to have someone like that back in his life even as just a friend. Asher visibly saddened as he pondered the situation. He was worried that this new crush and friendship would soon be over and he didn't know what to do about it he simply couldn't deal with somebody lying to him not again. He also worried given his tone and the implications that he would upset Jack and even though he was upset with the boy he had no desire to upset him but at the same time he needed to take care of the situation.

Jack

Mood
Nervous, guilty

Interact
Asher

Mention
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Jack shrugged his shoulders. He wasn't too big a fan of "broadening his horizons." He just glad, and certainly surprised, that Asher seemed to not have detected he was lying about the swimming thing. He was happy though, it meant he wouldn't be coaxed into swimming in the water with all of those random strangers. Jack took another little quick sip of his soda, before looking over at the boy behind the counter.

Jack's eyebrows raised a bit as Asher began asking him questions, basic things most friends knew about each other. Certainly all things Jack could have answered about his old best friend Mitchell. Jack chuckled a bit, finding the attempts to get the know him a bit amusing, but he decided he'd indulge the boy, because he seemed genuinely interested in getting to know Jack and in forming a friendship with him. "Ok uhh, red, spaghetti, and May 13th." Jack replied, answering all of Asher's questions.

Jack smiled after answering all of Asher's questions, picking back up the can of soda and taking another sip, bringing it to his lips. While he was drinking and taking a few sips, his eyes widened as his heart leapt a little. He put down his soda can, looking at Asher surprised. "What? How did he know I was lying about the swimming?" Jack wondered to himself in his head. How did he know? He was completely right, the only reason why he had lied to Asher about not liking swimming was because he didn't want to have to swim in the water and be around all of those people. Damn, this kid was getting to know him pretty well. It didn't matter too much to the boy that Asher had seen through his lie, as the boy seemed to be pretty understanding.

Jack was completely surprised and caught off guard by Asher's next words though. His eyes widened with surprise as the boy seemed to change his demeanor. He felt it get a bit tense, so he took his can of soda and brought it to his lips, taking a few sips to alleviate the awkward tension. Oh boy, he thought, he must have messed up. Asher seemed really disappointed in him. Jack hadn't expected his little lie to make Asher have a reaction like this. He thought it was just a little harmless lie: apparently not. He gulped down his soda nervously, keeping the soda can at his lips as if he were still drinking from it. He certainly didn't realize the implications of his small lie.

Jack mustered up the courage to respond to Asher. He set down his soda can and gulped nervously, bringing his hands together and twiddling his fingers anxiously. "
I- I'm sorry," Jack replied, frowning, not knowing any other words or things to say to respond to Asher's last comments. He found that he wasn't able to look at Asher, and certainly not in his eyes. He felt guilty and as if he had hurt the boy for no reason, which was never his intent. He frowned, looking down at his soda can in front of him. "Sorry..." he repeated, this time much softer, as he continued to look straight down in front of him at his soda can.

Nate

Mood
Concerned

Interact
Dawnstar Dawnstar (Felix)

Mention

Nathan couldn’t explain why but he just felt out of sort as he scrambled for his apology to Felix feeling as if he did something wrong. But he didn’t know what. Maybe it was just that love sickness thing Ev was talking about that made him feel this way. Whatever it was Nathan snapped out of it as soon he saw Felix mutter the words sorry in apology.

Nathan had been paying attention to what the boy said the whole time but still felt as if everything was a blur until Felix apologized for his scars this brought Nathan back to reality. He scrambled for his Ipad as Felix continued to apologize. ”what? Sorry no you..you don need to be srry. You didnt ruin anything i jst... i didn’t expect it they just caught me off gaurd is all... yeah thats it I should be the one saying sorry for reacting how i did and making you think you ruined the pictures i.. it actually kinda makes you look kinda tough like someone from an action movie or something. Like you got all them scars fighting bad guys that like kidnap people and sell drugs n stuff.” Nathans hands were zipping across the screen of his tablet tying as quickly as they could possibly manage causing a few spelling errors along the way. But in Nathans mind he had no time to edit what he was saying. Felix felt bad and as far as Nathan was concerned he shouldn’t. It was all Nathans reactions that made Felix feel the way he did and that wasn’t okay with the twelve year old he needed to fix this fast.

As his apology and reassurance came to an end the Boy’s fingers slowed as he typed another massage for his friend “ i’m... I’m sorry about your mom and dad that must have been awful.” Nathan looked over to Felix who was sat right next to him their knees close enough to touch. Without another word he simply leaned over wrapping his friend in a hug. Pulling him tight and gently rubbing his back with his left hand. Felix granted didnt seem particularly sad when Nathan decided to hug him but he still felt it was the right thing to do. He felt like he should hug him.
1618904436ff23717885d82b70bcd9baa5f9223bb7_thumbnail_900x.webp
efb41f6ca66479d7c1831b86b7a22ab1.jpg
71mP6KAwbBL._AC_UY395_.jpg
puma-sunglasses-PJ0001S-009.jpg

Felix

Mood
Happy / Evasive

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia (Nathan)

Mentions
None

Felix felt suddenly relieved as he Nathan replied, his friend apologising or his apology. The preteen immediately looking a bit happier as the admittedly mis-spelt words were spoke by the iPad. It appeared that both boys had the exact same trains of thought both being more concerned about the comfort of the other. At hearing the comment about him being an action he couldn't help but smile at the compliment. Felix did his best attempt to lower his voice not that Nathan would be able to tell. "But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, Now let my friend Nathan go, and that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you. I will not pursue you." Half-quoting a movie while having this very poor attempt at a serious expression on his face, trying to resist bursting out into just a smile.

Nathan then wrote one more message slowly and leaned over giving Felix a hug. Felix caught a little off-guard but deciding to give one back for a few seconds to help his friend feel better, before gently poking him in the side playfully before releasing the hug. "Hmm.. Thanks but not like it's your fault... Just kinda happened cus' they were fighting." There was a slight crack in Felix's smile clearly even thinking about this made him uncomfortable, his body language equally shifting in a bit of a fidget. "Cus Mom always was starting fights.."

Felix went silent for a few moments before rapidly shaking his head, no. He didn't want to think about that, he wasn't going to be upset. To Nathan he clearly wanted to change the topic as he immediately leapt back to his feet. "I got a cool idea for a photo if you still want to take one?"
Felix asked while already proceeding to get into position for the shot to show off exactly how bendy he was. The boy's head darting across the sunny horizon and seeing the evening sun high over the water. He nodded to himself and stood between it and Nathan. The scared-covered preteen then doing a tight backarch hands on the floor like a hand pressed down like a handstand, and feet on their tiptoes making a full-bridge arch making it as tight as he could muster so Nathan if he took a picture from down on the sand could take a picture of the the sun through Felix's arch. For added bonus lifting his neck to face into the middle of the arch, and sticking out his tongue at where the sun will be in the picture. He was also still wearing Nathan's shades though they'd half fallen off his face here unless Nathan decided to correct them.

kids-reversible-sleeveless-basketball-jersey-t500r-blackwhite-playground.jpg
fashion-3d-printed-mens-summer-surfing-shorts-quick-dry-beach-swim-trunks_1553603348667.jpg

Last edited:
Asher

Mood
mildly angry

Interact
Mention
None

Everything about Asher's presence visibly softened as he saw Jack become upset and even a bit withdrawn. He wanted to be mad he wanted to not care that his words upset his new friend but Asher couldn't help it. As Jack apologized Asher's heart sank his expression dropped and he looked away. You have every right to be upset Asher he lied to you!! About something so small what else his he going to lie to you about!?! Remember Jordan you ignored the small stuff with him... You said ohhh its just a little white lie no big deal! Then you found out he was fooling around with other guys and girls behind your back!!! You cant let that happen again! This is a red flag!! His internal debate seemed to make a good argument but it didn't change how he felt. Asher looked back to Jack letting a small sigh escape his lips. " Look Jack... I know we are just friends but I just got out of a relationship with someone who lied to me a lot just to manipulate me into doing what they wanted and... and I just don't.... I just can't deal with having people like that in my life right now... I'm sorry if I upset you or maybe overacted about such a small thing but it's it's just a bit of a red flag ya know... If you are going to lie about that how do I know your not going to lie about other stuff... about more important stuff... I still want to be your friend." Asher paused as he sighed resting both of his arms on the bar in front of him.

Asher then reaching over and resting one of his hands on top of Jack's. " I still want to be your friend but I need you to promise me that you will be honest with me from now on..." He did his best to reassure Jack giving a small gentle smile as he spoke "But I suppose I might need to apologize too... I kinda wonder if you lied cause you were worried I would try and convince you... try and pressure you into swimming like how I pressured you into coming to the party. I'm sorry man I knew you didn't want to come to this thing I just... I just wanted to hang out with you and I thought it could be fun... I had a great time last night and after the morning I had I just wanted to hang out with you ya know.... But In the future if I try and force you into something you don't want to do... just... Juts look me in the eyes and just say Asher I really don't want to do this... And i'll stop I swear... Okay?" Asher smiled at Jack sticking out his hand "it wasn't right of me to force you to come so you promise not to lie I promise not to pressure you into things you dont want to do. Deal?"

Jack

Mood
Nervous, guilty

Interact
Asher

Mention
KaiMedia KaiMedia

The young boy nervously stared down at his now half empty soda can, trying to avoid eye contact. The situation was a bit tense and Jack couldn't help but feel a bit responsible for it and guilty. However, the boy soon looked back up at Asher as he heard him sigh and begin to speak. Jack listened intently as Asher told him about his previous relationship that went wrong. His heart sank as he now felt even more guilty about his little white lie. Surely he must have broken Asher's fragile trust, which was understandably fragile due to a past relationship full of manipulating and lying. Now Jack felt awful, as if he had just betrayed and let Asher down. "He probably thinks I'm a lying manipulative jerk!" he thought to himself in his head. He frowned as the boy spoke, but was somewhat surprised to hear that Asher still wanted to be his friend. He wondered why, Jack felt as if he hadn't really been a good friend as of recently. After all, all he has done is just hide away in his room and rarely talk to anyone, even Asher. Now, Jack had just lied, even though it was a small and harmless lie, it was a lie nonetheless, something Asher had dealt with on a daily basis in the past it seemed. Jack must have brought back that paranoia and trauma for Asher. His shoulders sunk a little bit lower as he sat there at the tiki bar listening to Asher.

Before he had time to really say anything in response, Jack saw Asher reach over and gently rest one of his hands over Jack's. The brown haired boy couldn't help but flinched, alarmed and somewhat uncomfortable with the sudden unexpected physical contact. His eyes went wide as he felt the soft sensation of skin-to-skin contact, the hairs standing up on the back of his neck a little. He was never good with physical contact, platonic or not. Jack looked nervously into Asher's eyes as he spoke softly to him, his heart rate a bit fast due to the tension and slight awkwardness of the unexpected physical contact. He felt like he was frozen, but eventually steeled his nerves and calmed himself down as Asher continued to speak. He was still a bit antsy and on edge due to the little seemingly harmless gesture from afar from Asher. He gulped nervously as he looked at Asher. He knew he had to make this up to Asher and to make things right.

The thing about Jack was that he was a very honest person, and certainly not a frequent liar. Partly due to the fact that it was just the type of person Jack was raised to be, and partly due to the fact that Jack knew he couldn't tell a lie to save his life. He bet Asher now thought he was a lying asshole if he was willing to outright lie about something so small to Asher. In reality, Jack had only lied in order to prevent Asher from pushing him any further on the matter and potentially forcing him or at least prodding him on to swim. He didn't do well under pressure for the most part, unless it had to do with sports. Social pressure was something Jack was not good at handling. Jack looked at Asher with wide eyed wonder as he spoke. It seemed he had a bit of a change in demeanor, and it appeared as if Asher had understood the purpose of Jack's little lie, and that he understood how uncomfortable Jack was here at the beach party. He once again felt bad, because now it seemed like Asher felt guilty and bad that he ever dragged Jack along to the party in the first place. While yes, of course Jack wasn't too thrilled about it, he certainly did not want Asher to feel guilty about it. It wasn't his fault Jack didn't like parties, and it wasn't something he wanted the boy to get worked up over. Besides, Jack never wanted to be anyone's problem. He figured he and his issues were mostly a waste of time for others, so he didn't want to have to pin them on anyone else.

Jack cleared his throat before nervously glancing at Asher and beginning to speak. "
L- look.... I'm sorry.... I'm sorry about lying... yes I lied about swimming.... no, I don't not like swimming- in fact, I actually love it!- Well- err... used to.... but my point is I lied to you about that, and I'm sorry. I didn't know all this stuff about your past relationship.... I never wanted to take advantage of you or break your trust like that.... The truth is, I told that lie to you because I didn't wanna be forced to go swimming in the water with all those other kids. If you can't tell.... I uhh- don't really do well with strangers....." Jack looked down at his soda can and frowned, glancing over at his hands and remembering Asher was still touching them with his. The feeling felt weird, but Jack wouldn't pull himself away as to not be a jerk to Asher. How rude would it be if he were to do that? He cleared his throat once again before shifting his weight in his seat and speaking again. "Listen Asher, y- you don't need to worry about me, or be sorry you dragged me along to this party here. It's not your fault I suck in these kinda settings...... And yea, I enjoyed our time hanging out together last night a whole lot too," he said cracking a little soft smile, "but I'm just not good with this whole hanging out with people thing, or really this whole friend thing in general. I like you and all that, and I wanna stay friends if you want to, of course, but I'm just not good in big group settings really.... I don't like to surround myself with too many people...." he said frowning. He looked back into Asher's eyes, eye contact being something Jack did not make often, but he wanted to show the boy across the table from him that he was being genuine. "I promise not to lie to you anymore- even if it is just a small little lie like that one.... of course, if you even wanna speak to me after all this..." Jack said, frowning a bit as he shrugged his shoulders, unsure if anyone would wanna hang around someone like himself. "And please," he added, "you don't need to apologize or feel sorry for me. You did nothing wrong, I messed up... I've got some issues, and they don't need to be your problem... sorry..." Jack said softly, frowning and looking off into the distance once again.

Asher

Mood
Happy

Interact
Mention
None

To say Asher was surprised by Jack seeming to pour part of his heart out to him would be an understatement. In the time they had know each other Jack had never said more than a few words at a time, Granted they have only really known each other for less than forty eight hours but still this was a completely unexpected turn for the boy. Asher listened closely to every word he could feel the genuine intent behind them. Asher just calmly smiled at the boy feeling he had finally at least started to break through the hard outer shell of the thirteen year old. He slowly withdrew his hand from Jack's as he finished talking Asher then taking a drink from his own soda.

"I get that your not good with these group settings and know they make you uncomfortable that's why I should have never pressured you into coming. Of course I still want to talk to you thats the whole point but it might take time for me to fully trust you again... I know it was a small lie that doesn't mean much but ot was just the fact that you did lie ya know?" Asher paused smiling at the boy before taking a slightly more serious expression " But you have one thing wrong part of being a friend is helping each other with their issues and understanding their limits... So yeah your issues whatever they are... they are partly my issues to and I will do whatever I can to help you with them... Take it from me bottling up your problems only works for so long... I want to be your friend that means I don't just want to be there for your highs but I also want to be there for your lows okay.... As far as understanding limits that's where I failed tonight and is why yes I do owe you an apology. I knew you wouldn't like this party but I made you come anyways for selfish reasons and I am sorry okay?" Asher then loosing his serious expression and replacing it with quite the Jovial smile clapping his hands together "Now my answers are Blue, Pizza and April second." Asher said immediately shifting things back to a lighter topic and still hoping to somehow make this night fun for the introverted boy sat in front of him. Asher going to take another drink before realizing he had somehow consumed the entire thing already.

He turned pulling out two more cracking one open and leaving the second in the middle of the bar top. Taking a drink he pulled out his phone quickly doing a google search he had done before. Setting the phone down he slides it across the table to Jack. The phone displaying local Ice rinks. " So I was just thinking that since you like hockey and skating then you must want to get back on the ice and I figured maybe you could teach me how to skate? Also I know the captain of the team that's associated with the school and he said he would love to have you try out?" Asher said Allowing Jack to look through the rink listings on his phone as he took another sip of his now second soda.

Jack

Mood
Content

Interact
Asher

Mention
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Jack sat there, having essentially just poured his heart out genuinely to the boy. It was certainly the most he had talked to someone since he had been at the house, and the first time in a long time that he had talked that much. The only one who was able to Get Jack to talk even remotely close to that much was his friend Mitchell back at home. He once again listened as Asher spoke, the boy always was a good listener. He remembered times that his good friend Mitch would often vent to him, and he'd be right there listening and there to support his best friend. But those days were certainly long over now sadly.

He shook his head and closed his eyes, "No seriously, I mean it. You don't have to worry about me and my issues." the boy told him once again. "You don't need to be sorry," he said softly. The boy smiled as Asher answered the previous questions he had just asked Jack. "Solid choices," the boy responded, smiling and nodding his head. Jack looked down at his can of soda and picked it up. It was about 3/4's done with he felt, as he swished the liquids inside around a bit before placing back down the can onto the counter at the bar.

The boy sipped on the last remaining bits of his soda as he noticed Asher pulling out his phone and then sliding it over across the counter to Jack. He put down his soda can and tilted his head a bit with confusion and interest. He squinted down at the phone as Asher spoke. On his phone pulled up was a list of local ice rinks. His eyes widened and his heart leapt as he heard Asher's words about joining a hockey team. While yes, he certainly longed to get back onto the ice again skating and playing ice hockey again, maybe even with a real team, he dreaded the idea of meeting new people on the team and having to form those relationships and chemistry with new teammates. However, he certainly thought the idea was a sweet gesture. Asher certainly by now knew of Jack's love for both watching and playing ice hockey himself. He could tell that the boy across from him truly cared about him and his interests. He wasn't entirely opposed to the idea of teaching Asher how to skate, but the thought of getting into contact with the captain of a team other than his old team back in San Jose was a terrifying thought for the introverted boy. He had trouble forming new relationships and connections, and surely he'd have to go through that pain-staking process once again if he were to join the hockey team associated with the school.

Although he was very nervous and hesitant about the idea that Asher had proposed to him, he did his best to fabricate and crack a soft little smile towards Asher's way as he looked at the boy across the counter from him.
I mean sure, some day I guess I could teach ya to skate," said Jack, "but uhh," the boy paused, nervously playing around with his fingers, hesitant to speak further. But he remembered what Asher had said about honesty. He figured he'd just come out and flat out tell Asher the truth about his thoughts regarding possibly joining the school's hockey team. While it was certainly a nice gesture by Asher that he had gone to the captain of the school's hockey team and talked to him about Jack potentially joining, the thought terrified the brown haired boy. He took a deep breath before speaking once more, "Listen Asher it's fine, you didn't have to go through all that trouble.... I'm fine I don't need to join a team, those days are behind me it's fine," he said, beginning to trail off towards the end of his sentence. "Thanks anyways though, I appreciate it, but I'm just not cut out to join another hockey team again..." the boy said frowning and looking down at the table. He took his can of soda and downed the last remaining liquid in the can, putting the empty can down in front of him and sighing. He slid the boy's phone back to him, "While I- I don't think I'll be joining a hockey team, I'd be down to show you how to ice skate!" Jack said, looking back at Asher and smiling.

Nate

Mood
Happy

Interact

Mention

Despite not being able to hear the comically lowered voice Felix's Action hero act brought a solid round of laughing from the boy as he just shook his head at the boys' antics. Nathan had definitely been enjoying and cherishing the hug between him and Felix that is until he felt a gentle poke to his side causing him to quickly pull away and let out a small laugh. Nathan then quickly snapping his gaze to Felix noticing the boys lips were moving. Nathan had clearly missed the first word or two but the rest had been enough for him to understand what the boy was trying to say. He looked down slightly mouthing "I know but it still sucks" not really trying to communicate with Felix simply saying it for himself. This whole situation had been a bit of a roller coaster for Nathan. He still didn't really understand why he freaked out earlier it really made no sense to the boy and that really bugged him especially given the reaction it caused from Felix. He still felt in a bit of a daze from it all and was finding it hard to really get his focus back.

Luckily Felix seemed to know just how to get the night back on track as he suggested another photo. Nathan Immediately snapped to attention ready to continue pursuing his passion. He watched as Felix bent himself backwards into an arch truly making a great display of the twelve year olds amazing flexibility. Nathan finding it quite the sight to behold as he cocked his head trying to make sense of how people could do things like that. The level of flexibility required for such trick truly baffled the boy and he always found it amazing. As Nathan watched the boy he could see the evening sun poking just below his back and Nathan suddenly realized what his Idea was. Nathan laid down in the sand propping himself up on his elbows making slow adjustments to his position until the sun was in the perfect spot Nathans' finger pressed down on the shutter button snapping the photo. He checked the photo on the screen realizing his sunglasses with Felix had been wearing had fallen down a bit just as he shot the photo Nathan smiled as he quickly got up taking the few steps it took to get to Felix before adjusting the glasses. Nathan then quickly heading back to his spot getting adjusted again and *click* snapping the photo Nathan smiled as he looked at it. Wow that was a really good idea he's got a pretty good head for finding photos Nathan thought to himself before heading over to show Felix as the boy unbent himself. Nathan then writing a quick message on his phone "I think that turned out great!! awesome Idea! But I think thats probably enough pics for now. we should do something else. " Nathan than passing his phone off to Felix as he put his camera away in its bag and taking down his makeshift sign before turning back to Felix with a smile.

Felix

Mood
Happy

Interact

Mentions
None

Felix sprung himself back upright, kicking his feet up off the sand back into a handstand position, then just dropping to his feet. Felix taking a brief second where there was a slight shiver up his body as he regained his balance and the blood stopped pooling to his head. Felix could've easily held that same position for quite a while though it would've started getting uncomfortable a lot faster. Felix then leaned in to take a look at the photo with a proud smile plastered all over his face. While that might have been a excellent idea for a photo here the truth in the matter was Felix really didn't have any great insight to photography. The preteen simply knew his body well and the sorta things other people usually got impressed by physically - his eye for a landscape, or non-action shot was still much the same as his general sense of style; somewhere between poor and non-existent.

"You gonna go like edit that photo later for your page?" Felix inquired with a grin on his face, content or happy even with being used as Nathan's model, at least from time to time. He had no issues with it. Felix was very used to camera's he and Cayleb would always record their skatepark antics, or big meets. They'd snap poorly taken selfies when they went on holiday, or try and photobomb stuff. Neither were that into cameras but they weren't shy around them.

As Nathan began to pack up Felix took a moment to consider what to do, his shoes left besides Nathan's stuff taken off during the previous photoshoot. He could feel the warm sand under his feet. Felix with a grin walking up behind Nathan and just popping the sunglasses he borrowed back atop Nathan's forehead with a clear grin - Felix very obviously liked the tinted shades thinking they were cool.
"We could go swimming now if you want? -like we might as well before the BBQ is ready." He 'offered' as their next activity, though he'd already begun taking very slow steps backwards so he'd still face Nathan while moving in the vague direction of the water - clearly intent on going no matter what his friend said. Felix also taking off his basketball Jersey up and over his head deciding he didn't want it when he went swimming and tossing past Nathan and onto the lounger with the rest of their stuff.

fashion-3d-printed-mens-summer-surfing-shorts-quick-dry-beach-swim-trunks_1553603348667.jpg

Last edited:
Nate

Mood
Happy

Interact

Mention

"You gonna go like edit that photo later for your page?" Nathan beamed a smile at Felix giving a solid nod in confirmation. As he went to pack up his things. After packing his stuff up near where they had been sitting he returned to his friend who suggested going for a swim. Nathan looked nervously between his Ipad and the water a few times swimming did sound and Nathan had no problems doing it but he was always a bit apprehensive about abandoning his only form of communication. Eventually Nathan looked at Felix smiling as Felix stripped off his shirt clearly having already made up his mind that he was going to get in the water. Nathan nodded as he turned around putting his Ipad with rest of his things. He then tossed his sunglasses on top of the pile and began unbuttoning his shirt. Turning towards Felix with a sly grin he tossed his shit onto the pile revealing his scrawny unathletic torso every part of him seemed small his biseps barley as big around as a can of soda his chest small with no definition and slightly visible ribs and a completely flat stomach. Nathan then slipped off his flip flops instantly taking off in full sprint for the water as he weaved his way through the crowd.

Felix was hot on his tail as he tried to catch up to Nathan but surprisingly Nathan was actually pretty quick. That of course not helping in the long run as Nathans stamina began to empty slowing him down enough for Felix to catch up and overtake him reaching the water a mere second before Nathan. Nathan dived into the water. the cool waves of the ocean washing over his small frame. He hadn't realized just how warm he was until getting in the water. It was refreshing and quickly cooling the young boy down. Nathan dove down again as another small wave came crashing in. He swam over resurfacing next to Felix. He smiled gently grabbing Felix's hand. He brought Felix's hand up to about chest height turning it so his palm was up before taking his pointer finger and slowly beginning to draw letters onto his friends hand. "Thank you" a simple short message but with no context Felix would likely be confuse. Nathan though had no plan to give the boy time to question it as he quickly grabbed Felix's other wrist and pulled the boy underwater with him as he dove backwards

Asher

Mood
Happy

Interact
Mention
None

"hey it really wasn't much trouble I just knew the guy so I texted him and asked if he would welcome another player and he said yeah. But if your sure you don't want to than its no biggie... I just thought you would want to is all seeing how much you love hockey." Asher threw up his hand to emphasize that it really wasn't a big deal after all it was literally just a quick text to the man in charge. So Jack not wanting to play while a surprise was no skin off Asher's back. He had just thought for sure Jack would love the idea of getting on a team again. Asher's eyes lit up a bit at Jack agreeing to teach him how to skate. Asher had always wanted to go ice skating but just never had the opportunity. But now he knew someone who would surly love to get back on the ice and could show him the ropes. Though as he thought about it a little more Ashers expression sunk ever so slightly after watching the game last night Asher was really interested in the sport and was considering trying to learn and maybe even try and get on the team with Jack but if his friend didn't want to play anymore he felt those ideas just went out the window.

" Well we definitely should go sometime I've always wanted to try skating. we'll have to talk to Mr. Richardson and see when we can arrange for the two of us to go out to one of the rinks." Asher said as he snapped himself out of his own head. Taking another drink of his soda. Asher then walking around to the other side of the bar and past Jack a bit. "C'mon lets go sit by the water its a lot nicer... Pluss I have a favorite spot just past those to boulders nobody goes over there for some reason even though it like only like fifty feet away." Asher said as he turned back towards Jack walking backwards in the general direction of a couple of boulders pretty close by.

Jack

Mood
Content

Interact
Asher

Mention
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Jack breathed a sigh of relief, glad Asher hadn't gone through too much trouble to get in contact with this captain of the hockey team. He couldn't help but feel a little weird turning down Asher's offer. He wanted to get back out on the ice and play hockey with a team again, didn't he? This would be the perfect chance to, yet he turned it down. But Jack knew he had his reasons. No way was he going to be thrown into a new team where he would have to inevitably talk with new people and make new friends with his line-mates and teammates. Plus, Jack figured they'd all be older, and he did not want to be the young little new guy rookie on the team with a bunch of older kids. He shrugged his shoulders as Asher spoke. He was certainly right that Jack still very much loved hockey and desired to be back out on the ice, but deep down he knew he didn't have the courage to go out and join a new team and meet new people, especially boys who would most likely be a bit older than he was. Jack knew he had to hang up the skates. Sure, 13 years old was pretty young to be retiring from hockey, but he did have a long "career" already ad he certainly enjoyed all of the years that he did play for. Now he figured he could make himself useful by one day teaching Asher to ice skate. Maybe the boy could use the skills somewhere, but Jack knew for sure his days of playing hockey on a team regularly were over.

Jack stopped thinking about his "retirement" at 13 years of age, and put on a smile for Asher. "S- sure! That sounds pretty good!" Jack said pretty enthusiastically. "I guess my days of hockey are over, but I can certainly try and teach ya to skate if we're allowed to go to a rink or something." Jack told him. He did doubt how realistic the chances of Mrs. Richardson letting them go out to a local ice rink was though. It didn't bother him too much. He also wondered if Mrs. Richardson even trusted him or let alone even liked him. The boy had barely even talked to her since he was so shy and timid, and usually locked upstairs in his room all the time. He'd never really talked to the woman much, only the basics and essentials when he first moved in a few days ago. That seemed like forever ago though to the young boy. Jack felt as if he were trapped in the Santa Monica home for eternity by this point.

Jack's eyes widened a little bit and his eyebrows raised with a bit of surprise as Asher suggested that they switch spots. Jack felt his stomach sink again. He was quite frankly perfectly fine with sitting alone just with Asher here at this little tiki bar, but he didn't want to say no to his friend. However, the timid boy was more convinced to switch locations as Asher informed him he knew of a spot down by the water near some boulders that no one ever seemed to go to. He sighed and figured he come along with Asher. Jack hopped down from the stool at the tiki bar and followed Asher. As they were walking to this said spot near the water by the boulders, Jack felt some hesitation. "
Uhh, a- are you sure we're allowed to go down there?" Jack asked nervously, never the type to break the rules. While he certainly didn't mind finding a more scenic spot down by the water as long as they'd be alone and it'd just be him and Asher, he certainly didn't want to go anywhere that was prohibited by the foster home staff. Jack was always a rule-follower and a bit of a goodie-two-shoes kid who never did any wrong. He wasn't a suck up or butt kisser to authorities or anything, he just respected his elders and always followed the rules without question as to not get in trouble. Trouble was something Jack rarely found himself in. The most times he'd really get in trouble back at home was for shooting a hockey puck accidentally into the glass windows at his home. Obviously, his mother and father would be quite agitated that they now had to pay for a new replacement window because their son had missed the net and shot the puck a little too high. But other than that, Jack never found himself in trouble too often.

Asher

Mood
Happy

Interact
Mention
None

Asher smiled as the boys began making their way to his favorite spot. The teen knew Jack would feel far more comfortable where they were going a nice secluded place away from all the people sure it wasn't far enough to not hear all the commotion from the party but it was still enough out of the way for them to just relax in the sand near the water uninterrupted. Asher looked to Jack letting out a small and quick chuckle before softly speaking. "You do realize this place isn't juvenile detention right? Like we are allowed to go places and do stuff. We just have to ask ahead of time so it can get approved and transportation can be arranged and stuff. Like there are people who volunteer their time to take us places and what not... As long as you haven't had your privilege's taken away anyways." Asher asked unsure if his friend realized they weren't trapped at the home 24/7 it was just that you had to go through a little more red tape than most kids.

"Yeah trust me its okay I always come down here Mrs. R doesn't mind." He said reassuring the boy they wouldn't get in trouble for their little deviation from the party. Ashers words were truthful in fact Mrs. Richardson had sown him this spot shortly after he arrived to the home. They had a beach party and with Asher being so young and being on 24/7 watch for possibly being a danger to himself he wasn't allowed to stay at the house but at the time he also couldn't handle being in the middle of a large party so she had brought him over here to let him relax alone and ever since that day it's been his spot. The boys had finally reached the two giant boulders that created this little slice of secluded heaven on earth and as the crested the the corner they came upon a stretch of about twenty feet of beach from here you could see a rather impressive rock wall that cut off the far side meaning from either direction it was pretty hard to see back here. In front of them was a beautiful untouched shoreline the lead out into a beautiful view of the ocean and sky. Walking out past the shore you would still easily be able to see where the other kids and teens at the party were swimming just off about fifty feet away.

Asher plopped down in the sand at the very edge of the shore his feet resting where the waves would roll in and gently wash over his lower half. "ahh see isn't this place great?" He looked back at his friend who was still kinda anxiously looking around. " C'mon have a seat I swear nobody is gonna bug he over here and we wont get in trouble I promise man." He pleaded patting the ground next to him. Jack eventually taking a seat. Asher just sat quietly with Jack for a few moments just enjoying the light evening breeze and the beautiful view. Eventually Asher's eyes wondered over to his friend and crush who was sat beside him. Asher's eyes tracing the profile of Jacks face. Which was lit beautifully by the slowly setting sun. Asher's eyes continued down the boy's neck, shoulders, and torso. Asher couldn't help but admire how amazing he thought jack looked. In Asher's mind Jack wasn't cute or hot or even handsome no Asher felt the only proper word to describe the boy sat before him was beautiful. To Asher's eyes Jack was the perfect definition of the word. Asher starred at the boy probably for far too long but to him it felt as if only seconds had passed.

Asher raised his left hand gently bringing it to cup Jack's cheek and softly apply pressure to turn his head. Before Asher had time to truly prosses what he was doing and to stop himself from possibly making a disastrous mistake he felt his lips connect with Jack's. Asher's entire body relaxed as he savored the moment.
GUEST_d7c1e40b-f418-4c8b-adb2-764c49f81255
peacocks-beach-white-shorts.jpg
il_fullxfull.1616679018_idg5.jpg
713N2MyyVrL._AC_UY395_.jpg

Jack

Mood
Nervous, Shocked

Interact
Asher

Mention
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Jack walked along with Asher to his favorite little spot along the water near the boulders on the beach. He shrugged his shoulders and made an awkward expression with his mouth. It sure felt like a prison to Jack though, even if it truly wasn't one. Asher's words were certainly new to the new boy, as he wasn't aware there were special people who took some of the kids off the house grounds on special occasions. Maybe he wouldn't be trapped here for all of eternity 24/7 at this wretched home with all of these strangers. Jack also hadn't gotten in any trouble or had any of his privileges revoked yet, so he assumed he would be allowed to be taken away from the home for a little while if need be. He followed Asher to the spot and looked out at the shore line. It was beautiful and the view of the water was stunning. The sun was just setting creating a beautiful canvas in the sky. It seemed picture perfect, like a scene right out of a movie or something ripped straight from a painting. It was also nice and quiet, certainly a very peaceful scene. Asher was definitely not lying, the spot was perfect, and it was isolated enough from the party where it was still on the beach, just away from all of the kids, which Jack liked a lot. Jack looked out further into the water. There were a few kids playing and swimming in the water, happily screaming and having a good time. Their shouts of fun were quiet and just barely audible to the two boys from the spot they were in. It was a perfect little peaceful spot away from all the action and mayhem of the party. "Oh o- ok, alright," he said, taking Asher's word on it that Mrs. Richardson would be ok with the two going over to this spot and sitting here.

The brown haired boy looked down and watched as Asher took a seat, plopping down in the sand. Jack stood there for a while, looking back out at the water and to the horizon, looking the opposite way from where the children were playing and swimming. He must have been standing there staring out at the water which looked absolutely gorgeous with the setting sun shining down upon it, making a pretty reflection of light on the water. Jack had been standing there a bit, looking around anxiously. Asher implored the boy to take a seat down next to him, and he eventually did sit down next to Asher. Jack blushed ever so slightly and smiled slightly as he looked down at Asher and soon finally took his seat next to the boy. "Oh heh, y- yea- right." Jack said nervously as he sat down in the sand next to Asher. He had hoped what Asher was saying was true and that no one would come over and bother them. He took his friend's word for it and tried to shove his nervous and anxious thoughts out of his troubled racing mind. He sighed and stared out at the water. After a few seconds of silence, Jack spoke, commenting on how nice the little secluded spot on the beach was, "Y- yea, it is nice." the boy said, agreeing. The two sat in a few minutes of silence. Jack did not look at Asher, and instead kept his eyes looking out at the horizon and the water. The setting sun shining on Jack's youthful face, illuminating it. Luckily for Asher, who was currently staring at and admiring his crush's physical attractiveness, Jack had not seen Asher staring at him. He just simply looked at the water, sitting there silently and taking in the view and enjoying the peacefulness. Jack was pretty content, certainly enjoying the silence and the quiet, with only the sounds of the waves gently crashing to shore making a noise. It was relaxing. Jack let his mind rest and was at ease finally. The boy's mind cleared itself of all his worries temporarily, as he just sat there, admiring the beautiful scenery. Jack did not have a nice fancy beach to go to back at home in San Jose. If he ever wanted to go to a beach, he would have to have his parents drive him out to somewhere like Santa Cruz.

The two boys sat in silence, with Asher staring at and admiring his crush sitting next to him, and with Jack sitting there staring out onto the water, not averting his gaze from the pretty scene. The two boys were both admiring the beautiful things in front of them, only Asher was admiring the young brown haired boy sitting beside him, and Jack was admiring the ocean and the sunset. Jack was perfectly fine here sitting next to Asher in complete silence. The boy liked it quiet. But nothing could prepare him for what was about to happen. The boy looked out onto the water, just lost in his thoughts and admiring the view, when suddenly, he felt a soft and gentle touch on his face. It was a soft hand touching his face, cupping his smooth cheek. Jack's heart practically leaped out of his chest and into his throat as his eyes immediately widened in complete shock and surprise. His face was being gently tilted by the cupped hand, and it was Asher, bringing Jack's face to turn and look at him. The two boys locked eyes momentarily, Jack's still widened in complete and utter astonishment. Why was he being touched? What was going on? Jack hated physical contact! He was always so awful with it and always got uncomfortable being touched by others, even if it was platonic or a pat on the back for scoring a goal or assisting on the play. Before Jack had any time to react, pull away, or utter any sort of word, he felt his face gently and softly being pulled in a bit closer to Asher's as he soon felt the sensation of lips touching his own lips. His mind was racing, and his eyebrows were raised high in shock as he felt the sensation of a kiss being planted on his lips. "
What the hell is going on?" wondered the boy to himself in his head frantically as he was suddenly kissed by Asher, who he had thought was just his friend. He was speechless. He had absolutely no words to say. He could not believe what had just happened to him. Jack tensed up and froze as their lips connected.

Suddenly without thinking, Jack quickly shoved Asher off of him. His heart was now racing even more than before and he was now panting nervously. He looked at Asher, shocked and utterly confused and dumbfounded. He had no words. Jack, through his complete shock and surprise and frantic panting manage to spit out some words. "
WH- WHAT DID YOU JUST DO? Y- YOU K- KISSED ME? WH- WHY?" Jack asked, shouting at the boy, still trying to process and digest what had just happened to him. He could not believe the boy had just kissed him. Why? They were just friends? Plus, they had only known each other for 2 days, not even a full 2 days. Jack couldn't process it all, it was far too overwhelming for the young boy who could care less about romance. The one friend he makes here is now kissing him? This, Jack knew, was certainly not something that "just friends" did together. None of his teammates ever kissed him straight on the lips for scoring a goal, it was always hugs and head pats. This was certainly a new and unwelcome experience for Jack. The boy certainly wanted answers. He didn't even know what to think he was so overwhelmed with tons of emotions right now. He stared back, terrified, at Asher, awaiting some sort of explanation from the boy he had called his friend. Jack was completely astonished.

Last edited:
Felix

Mood
Happy

Interact

Mentions
None

Felix was a little taken aback by the sudden competitive race to the shore he found himself in. Felix having to sprint past other kids, some of whom briefly got into his way by accident. Wow he's quick. Honestly this sudden competitive streak was pretty cool side of Nathan to see. Felix kept pace though, Nathan was fast but he couldn't pace himself. As Nathan began to slow Felix quickly into high gear and rushed past his friend and practically slid himself across the sand and into the water.
After a moment Felix's head popping back out of the water as he righted himself, spitting out a little seawater he accidentally took on. The cooler water feeling great after how hot today had been. The coolness felt extra soothing on his bruised chest that honestly he really should have put some ice on or something after what happened. The ocean waves lapping past as Felix swam out decent distance from the shoreline to somewhere without too many other swimmers. Felix couldn't help but smile, it'd been ages since he'd gotten to go swimming. He hadn't once all summer so far except once right at start in this tiny backyard pool.

Felix's smile at the ocean waves turning to surprise and laughing as Nathan popped up out of nowhere besides him. "Awww this is great!" Felix lapping in place as Nathan began trying to communicate. He tries his best to focus on the sensations and letters being drawn on his palm. It tickled a bit but he thought he understood. "Huh thank you.. for wha-"
Yet before Felix had a good chance to figure out why Nathan seemed soo excited he suddenly grabbed onto Felix's wrist and pulled him under the waves with him. Felix definitely caught off guard barely able to do much more than catch his breath. The preteen doing the best to keep up with his friend, though Nathan might come to realise that Felix was nowhere near as proficient at swimming than the skills he'd shown on land - he was an okay swimmer but that was it clearly having to put some actual effort in to keep up.

The pair emerging a little ways over closer to outcropping of rocks. Felix laughing a little bit. "Nate, you goof I wasn't even-like ready yet!" Felix complained but he was laughing the entire time, gently poking his friend in the shoulder not aiming to tickle for once, just being playfully accusatory. Felix's shaking his head a little before just wiping his face trying to get a bit of his hair out of eye - his normal 'messy styled' hair now just a messy set mess but he kinda knew that going into this.
Ouch. Stupid ribs Heal already! Felix briefly felt a twinge of pain from his left side, right from the same spot Asher had put his weight down, a slight tightness in his chest.
After taking a moment to steel himself, and try and dismiss the short-lived spike of pain he dove under the water again trying to sneak around and pop back up behind Nate and just splash him with a sweeping arm brining up as much of a wave as he could muster.

Nate

Mood
Happy

Interact

Mention

"Nate, you goof I wasn't even-like ready yet!" Nathan smiled shrugging his shoulders like duh that was the point. As he joined his friend in laughter. As he recovered from his fit of Laughter Nathan looked around confused... Felix was gone. Of course Nathan knew that he must be under the water somewhere but where could that somewhere be? Nathan would soon have his answer as a large wave of water collided with his back sending him stumbling forwards a bit. This was clearly not an actual wave by the way Nathan was standing real waves would be coming from in front of him so he knew that it must be Felix behind him.

Nathan turned dragging both of his arms in the water as he did to create his own wave. And seek revenge on his friend. As Nathans body turned to meet Felix his arms came dragging behind him bringing a sizable amount of water with them. As Felix recovered from the splash Nathan dove under the water quickly swimming behind Felix where he leapt from the water pouncing on his prey like a lion on a ghazel. taking them both underwater for a moment Nathan held on tho Arms around Felix's neck and legs around his waist just holding on like his life depended on it as wave washed over them. The skin to skin contact of the boys sending a few shivers down Nathans spine as he hung off of Felix. Nathan then lightly pinching Felix on the chest as he sort of taunted the boy.

Felix

Mood
Injured

Interact

Mentions
None

Felix couldn't help but laugh and cheer loudly at his success at splashing Nate. Likely catching the ear of some on the shore seeing him out in the slightly rocky-water area - arm in the air for a moment. He was clearly having a lot of fun out there, though his cheer was suddenly interrupted by Nate skimming his arm across the water and splashing Felix back. Felix laughing and trying to clear his face as Nathan vanished once again.

Suddenly Nathan had leapt up on Felix's back, arms around his neck and legs wrapped around. Felix for a few moments managing to stay above the water and trying to get his friend off before just falling back and under as the wave crashed into them throwing what strength the preteen had off. Felix tumbled under water with Nathan poking and holding onto him just being a squishy weight dragging down on him. Felix managing to resurface after a few seconds with Nathan. At first it was all fine, Felix clearly strong enough to carry Nathan though he was clearly struggling to swim much at the same time. Yet then another wave came in while they were at the surface pushing Felix back under again and Nathan from his back.

Yet this time Felix took quite a while to resurface... The preteen doing so much closer to some of the rocks, and clearly flailing in the water and struggling to keep his head afloat as the ribs on his left side began to hurt again but now a lot harder to ignore - accidentally getting kicked during the underwater roughhousing. Felix was just barely keeping himself above water but in the clear pain he was in he couldn't muster the strength to do much more. Each wave slowly lapping under the water and closer to the rockier parts of the shore. "Naathan. - I- Ahhh. Need a-" a wave splashed over and Felix again struggled to get his head back above water. "BIT OF HELP OVER HERE." His attempts at swimming just making the bruised and barely-healed ribs hurt more and making it even harder for him to actually swim. He needed someone else to help keep him afloat and give him a second to rest, or just to get him out of the water. Felix wasn't panicking yet, staying rather focused as he tried to fight the waves and swim as limited as he could towards the safer part of the shore - while clearly having to really work hard to just stay a float as the waves kept lapping off the rocks and throwing him around.

Asher

Mood
Way to many of them

Interact
Edric Blight Edric Blight (Jack) Dawnstar Dawnstar (Felix)
Me (Nathan)

Mention
None

Asher sat lips locked with his crush his mind not even fully aware of what was going on. Asher hadn't made a completely conscious decision to kiss Jack it just sort of happened. Sure Asher could have stopped himself but he didn't want to he wanted to Kiss Jack he wanted Jack to feel the same way he did. But unfortunately those desires would not come true. Asher's mind slowly pulled itself out of the fog it was in as he had been running entirely on instinct. Just as he became aware of how bad this situation could get and how wrong he was for kissing the boy he was suddenly shoved off causing Asher to fall flat on his back into the sand. He propped himself up with his elbows as a look of terror and despair washed over him. Jack panicking and yelling at him. Asher you stupid idiot!!! WHY WOULD YOU KISS HIM.... GREAT NOW LOOK WHAT YOU DID HE HATES US.... you had no reason to think he liked guys you never talked to him about any of this. He never Flirted with you nothing and you go and KISS HIM. You Idiot!! Asher was truly panicking... His own head cursing him out for being so stupid. His mind spiraling out of control he couldn't focus he couldn't speak his mouth opening several times but no words leaving it.

Tears welled in his eyes as he looked up at a confused, upset, and maybe even scared Jack. He couldn't hold them back any longer as the tears began running down his face. "I....I'm sorry... DAMIT I'M SO STUPID" his mouth finally finding the strength to actually form words. Asher looked away from Jack he couldn't stand looking at the boy right now and seeing the pain he had caused. Asher stared at the sand his fist clenched as so many emotions worked their way through his body. He punched the ground several times as hard as he could. Causing a sharp pain to shoot up his arm despite the soft sand. He shook his hand wincing in pain. He would be fine just a quick shock to his system is all. He continued staring down at the sand as he started to talk again Asher didn't really know what to do or say but he knew he couldn't just sit there quietly. " I...I don't know why I did that... I'm sorry that was so stupid." Asher of course did know exactly why he kissed Jack but after what had just happened there was no way Asher could bring himself to verbally express his feelings for the boy.

Asher started to bring his gaze back towards Jack but was interrupted by a scream off in the distance. The voice was clearly that of Felix though it sounded a bit winded and strained the twelve year old clearly struggling. Asher bolted to his feet his eyes snapping in the direction of the yelling. There he was just a short distance away. It was clear the boy was struggling to keep his head above water as each wave washed over him. To make matters worse the boy was dangerously close to some rocky waters and was just barely keeping himself from floating right into them. Without a thought or another word to Jack Asher started running in the boy's direction. wading through knee deep water until he got past the large boulders that created the private cove. Asher then returning to land to run and get as close as he could before diving in the water. Asher moved as quick as he could. expertly diving under just before each wave would hit him as to not be slowed down. Asher was luckily a very strong swimmer he had always enjoyed being in the water and would sometimes spend nearly entire days in the water so getting to Felix was no problem for the teen.

Asher reached the struggling boy just as his head dipped under for a moment clearly beginning to run out of stamina. Asher grabbed the boy by his right arm keeping them both above water. "It's okay I got you man your gonna be alright!" Asher said as he looked around quickly devising his plan to get the boy out of the water as another wave washed over them. "OKAY climb on my Back" Asher said turning around and pulling the boy onto him Asher then having Felix cross his arms and grab onto the arm holes of his shirt. By this point Nathan was next to them worry spread across his face "he's gonna be fine c'mon" Asher said as he began swimming back to shore with Felix on his back. The trio quickly reached the shore Asher quickly but carefully getting Felix off his back and laying him in the sand far from the water. "Just lay here and relax...you okay?" as Asher spoke he saw the likely root of the issue and Felix grasped his bruising side "Nevermind Nathan get some Ice" The teen scanning his surroundings he sighed as he pulled off the athletic sleeve on his arm handing it to Nathan "wrap it in this" Like that Nathan was off. Asher would normally never take that sleeve off but in an emergency like this all his body image issues went out the window. "you need to just lay here and rest for right now okay?" Asher spoke sternly as he looked down at Felix making it clear this was not a request but a command. Asher's heart was racing his breathing finally beginning to settle as he gently felt Felix's left side. The sheer number of injuries Asher has had over the years made him very adept at feeling for breaks and other such serious injuries. Felix Winced a bit in pain as Asher pressed slightly harder to feel a bone. "okay good news nothing seems broken so lets just wait for the ice and get that on there okay?" Just as he utterd the words Nathan came rushing back with a sleeve full of ice Asher Guided Nathans hand to hold the ice on Felix's side as he sat back in the sand letting out a huge sigh trying to prosses everything that had just happened

Jack

Mood
Shocked, disgusted

Interact
Asher

Mention
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Jack was still barely processing what had just happened in his mind. He just sat back staring at Asher. terrified and panting nervously. He didn't even have the right words to form into sentences for this moment. He was in complete shock and confusion. He felt himself almost involuntarily backing away slowly from Asher in the sand. He could not believe the boy had just kissed him right on the lips. Asher seemed to be holding it for a little while too, it appeared that he had enjoyed the brief few seconds their lips were connected. Why? It all seemed so weird and foreign to Jack. Was Asher into him romantically? The brown haired boy couldn't fathom such an absurd idea. They were just friends, weren't they? All he could muster up to say to Asher, staring back at him horrified, was a soft "Why?...." He watched as Asher cursed himself, banging his fists frustratedly in the sand, hurting himself a little temporarily for a moment.

But suddenly the boy had no time to react or listen to any sort of response from Asher, as some screaming seemed to catch his attention. Soon enough, Asher was bolting over in the direction of the frantic calls for help off in the distance, leaving Jack there in shock, trying to digest everything that was happening. Jack, who was still all discombobulated and trying to process his emotions and how he felt about what had just happened to him, looked at Asher as he ran off to who ever was screaming in the water's rescue. Jack was now left alone with his many racing thoughts. He didn't have much time to think about the sudden kiss from Asher though, as he turned his attention to the commotion in the water. What the hell was going on? It seemed that some kid was in distress and that Asher was in the process of saving them. But Jack had no time, nor was in any mood, to admire Asher's sudden heroism. He still was in shock with the unwanted kiss that had just happened moments ago. The boy just sat there, panting but feeling his breath slowly return back to its normal and calm rate. He looked down at his torso and at his legs. "
What in the world just happened?!!" the boy asked himself in his head.

Nate

Mood
Worried.

Interact

Mention

Nathan ran as fast as his scrawny little legs could carry him nearly tripping several times before reaching the bar with all of the coolers. Worry filled his mind he was sure Felix's pain was at least partly his fault. I knew he was hurt...I shouldn't have been so rough I saw the bruise. Nathan thought to himself as he filled the sleeve halfway with ice before tying the ends together so none of it could escape. Nate was set to start running back but instead ran over to the pile of his and Felix's things grabbing his phone worried they may need to all 911. Phone and Ice acquired Nathan sprinted back to where Felix was laid on the beach. kneeling next to his pained friend. Asher gently guided his hands to hold the Ice on Felix's side. He held it there looking down at Felix with a worried and caring gaze. "Well umm Felix you just chill here with the ice for a while and take it easy for rest of the day... Oh and I'm sorry man this is clearly my fault. But I... I kinda got something I should get back to tho I kinda wish I could just run away from it...But anyway Nate will take good care of you." Nathan was too focused on Felix to have noticed the older teen speak. Asher then stood and headed back towards an outcropping of a few large boulders Nathan cocking his head a bit as the boy wandered slowly clearly not wanting to go where he was heading.

Nathan quickly shook it off though and returned his attention to Felix he pulled his phone out of his pocket quickly typing a message with his right hand as his left held the Ice in place.
"I'm sorry I... I saw that you were hurt I shouldn't have been so rough I feel really really bad." Nathan showed Felix the phone with a sad expression on his face as the boy read it. Nathan quickly recovered tho pushing the look of sadness and regret from his face and replacing it with Support and care. " But don't worry I'm gonna take good care of ya!! Once it feels a little better we can get you back to the loungers and...and Ill get you a nice soda and the food will probably be ready so I can get you a nice cheeseburger and you can just relax!!" Nates next message clearly coming from a good place tho it may seem a bit over bearing. Nate continued to gaze down at his friend slowly recovering from his injury. Setting his phone down he gently laid his hand in the center of Felix's chest smiling down at his friend as he felt the boy's heart beat and his chest rise and fall with each breath. Nathan loved this feeling but rarely was able to experience it as most people thought it was weird. But to Nate being able to feel the way a heart beat and the way a chest would rise and fall made him feel a connection with people. It didn't matter that he couldn't hear this was something both him and whoever he was communicating with could both feel.
A way they could be connected.

Felix

Mood
Tired / Injured / Playful

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia (Nathan & Asher)

Mentions
None

Felix just followed Asher's instructions when the teen came to his rescue in the water, just thankful for some relief as he struggled to keep his head up. He was in too much pain to talk but he wrapped his arm around the teen as he swam up. Even during this he tried giving a smile at Nathan, trying to tell him he was gonna be fine. Felix then moving to just have his arms wrapped around Asher as he began to swim back to shore - he couldn't help but notice how good a swimmer the older teen was. Felix barely ever got to go so he was good enough for himself but Ash just moved soo naturally even with the preteen holding on like his life depended on it.

Felix as he was laid on the sand just curled up a bit, panting actually out of breath for once it taking a lot out of him struggling in the water the way he did, getting cast against the rocks. The preteen was still clearly still in a lot of pain, as he gripped his side tightly while Ash directed Nathan around and began checking on his injury. Felix wincing loudly but didn't cry out or similar as Ash palpated his chest and put pressure on the same wound.
As Asher deduced thankfully nothing was broken, and nothing felt too serious. Nothing felt broken, though it was very tender and the muscles around a few of the ribs felt very tight - given experience the teen was fairly sure this was mostly lingering from the fight earlier, the bruising and injury having pulled a muscle in the boy's ribcage leading to some swelling, tightness and the debilitating pain. He's be fine in a day or two on that front. This check-up also giving the teen a good look at the scars on Felix including the one up his chest and several other smaller ones especially on the now bruised side, though Asher couldn't tell the source they clearly predated their brawl.

Asher's orders sticking with Felix, he didn't argue back. "...Sorry Ash. My ribs were already pretty busted up." he gave a weak smile as he waited for Nathan but now wasn't really the time to get into explaining anything. Yet as Ash took the blame of this onto himself Felix did bark up again from his discomfort. "Ash. It's-like cool. My fault too." Felix tried to reassure before wincing as the ice was put on his' side by Nathan. "Aaaaahh that's cold." Well yeah that was kinda the point.

Felix just laying there for some time with Nathan - the pain quickly beginning to settle and subside now he was out of the water and now the ice was there to start taking the edge of the swelling. He didn't even take much notice as Nathan put his hand on Felix's chest, his heartbeat steady and solid, a little fast at the moment but strong. Felix eventually trying to sit himself up, though clearly still in discomfort.
"...Sorry Nate. No it was-like my fault." He tried giving a reassuring smile before resting his head against Nathan for a moment. "Gonna need-like a few more minutes I think. But I'd love a burger and soda in a bit." The boy's energy clearly wiped. "I'll try an' not shake it up by tackling you this time." Felix sticking out his tongue as he added as a joke trying to reassure his friend he was fine, even if he was clearly in some pain. Weakly poking at his friend who was holding the Icepack a little bit, trying to make him smile.

Asher

Mood
Distraught

Interact

Mention
None

Asher began making his way back to where he left Jack a place he dreaded going right now and a person he dreaded seeing. As Asher walked he could see the look that had been on Jack's face after the kiss just this look of confusion and terror. As Jack slowly backed away from him. Asher felt a knot forming in the pit of his stomach as he neared the slice of paradise where it all went down. I could just turn back now... Never talk to him again! problem solved then I dont have to deal with him hating me or thinking I'm gross for kissing him I just avoid him like the plague... OH don't kid yourself Asher you'll never do that... You owe him some kind of explanation some kind of apology and you know your going to give it to him. The Idea truly did seem appealing to the teen he really didn't want to have the conversation he was about to have but he knew he couldn't just leave Jack like that... Besides Asher still really liked the boy and wanted to preserve the friendship they had if at all possible. Asher rounded the corner into his little spot taking a deep breath as he saw Jack sitting there with his back towards him.

Asher walked over sitting down a few feet away. He remained quiet for a few moments as he struggled to find the strength to speak. His mouth was dry, hands shaking, stomach churning, tears welling in his eyes and he finally mustered the strength to force words from his mouth. "J..Jack... I'm... I'm sorry" Asher spoke softly as he choked on his words. His voice barely audible to the young teen sat beside him. " I should have never done that... I shouldn't have kissed you... I'm so so sorry... I really like you Jack... Like I REALLY like you... and I think your extremely handsome... and I just.... I just stopped thinking.... And I didn't think about you or what you wanted... I only thought about what I wanted and... And..." Asher began to cry a he continued trying to force out the words. " I should have talked to you about it or something if I had I would have known you don't like me like that... Heck... you probably dont like guys like that... But I'm such a selfish Fucking moron... And now I Ruined everything... and now.. Now you hate me... your... your scared of me... and y...you probably think I'm disgusting for even liking you let alone kissing you... I... I'm sorry I can leave you alone and never talk to you again... I know you prefer it that way anyway..." Asher's words were choppy many of them hard to understand as he sat Hugging his knees face buried in his lap. " I'm Gay okay... I like guys... and you probably hate me for that so... we should just go our separate ways." Asher finished keeping his face buried refusing to look anywhere else.

Jack

Mood
Confused, sad

Interact
Asher

Mention
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Jack had been staring blankly into the water and hadn't really noticed Asher returning. He was sitting now staring at the boulders to the side of them. He soon turned around when he heard soft foot steps coming towards him and looked up quickly, his heart beating faster now as he couldn't help himself but back away a little as he saw it was Asher, the boy who had just planted an unwelcome kiss on his lips, coming towards him. He felt his breathing increase once again as he watched the boy nervously approach him. He looked extremely distraught. Did he realize the error of his ways and his mistake? "Oh God, he's coming back? Is he going to come back here to do it again?" the boy wondered to himself anxiously in his head as Asher made his way over to the "secret spot" that Jack was at. Is this the reason why Asher had wanted to become friends with him originally? Just for his looks and just so he could kiss him like that? To turn Jack into his little plaything by getting close to him? But there was something different about the boy: he looked delated and distraught.

He looked directly at Asher, his eyes wide with fear. He looked as if he was about to cry. The defeated looking boy began speaking apologetically to Jack. Jack opened his mouth a bit with surprise as the boy in front of him began choking up and essentially pouring his heart out to Jack. His eyebrows raised as he heard the boy call him "handsome." He listened to the boy's apology. It seemed genuine, but Jack was just too shocked about what had happened. He also certainly wasn't expecting to be called handsome. He always had been complimented on his looks all throughout his life, but he assumed it was just people being nice or trying to open him up so that he'd talk to them. If the kiss wasn't already evidence of it, it was certainly news to Jack that Asher was gay and liked boys. He hadn't thought of it or seen it before.

As for Jack, he personally had no problem with the fact that Asher was gay and liked boys instead of girls, but it was the unexpected and almost forceful kiss on Jack that freaked him out a bit and threw him off of his game there. Personally, Jack just didn't care for romance. He knew he at least liked girls but he certainly never actively pursued them. Sure, there was one or two girls here and there that Jack found cute, but it was just that. He had no desire for some sort of a girlfriend or a romantic relationship. It just didn't interest him and he didn't care too much about stuff like that. He definitely knew he wasn't into boys like THAT and only would want boys as friends. But he definitely had no problem with those boys who did like other boys, but Jack had certainly never had any first hand experience with someone who liked boys, so the whole concept was a bit foreign to him. He couldn't really remember too many gay boys at his schools back in San Jose. But Jack was raised to be accepting of everyone, so he held no ill-will towards any homosexual individuals.

He looked at Asher with awe, raising his eyebrows and widening his eyes even more, his mouth slightly open as he listened to the boy speak to him. "R- really?" Jack asked softly. He shut his eyes tight and quickly shook his head to the side, trying not to get too caught up on being surprised about and flattered by Asher's little compliment there. He cleared his throat, "Listen man, I- I don't hate you because you're gay-" he paused, looking at Asher like he'd just slapped him across the face somehow accidentally, "or r- really hate you at all for that matter!" the boy added. "But look, I- I just.... I don't know why you kissed me so suddenly like that.... .i- it felt weird and all uncomfortable for me.... I- I've never been kissed by someone like that before, let alone another BOY! I'm sorry I just- I just don't know how to react!...." Jack said, looking at the ground now and frowning. He wanted to say more but he couldn't bring himself to. Did he really want to keep seeing Asher? He wasn't sure after the forceful and bold move the boy had made on him. Sure, Asher certainly wasn't a bad kid, but maybe he WAS just using Jack for his looks and manipulating him to get closer to him so he could plant that kiss right on his lips.

Now it was Jack's turn to get somewhat emotional. "
W- were you just using me for my looks? W- was this friendship even real?..." Jack said softly, still frowning and looking at the ground, not looking Asher in the eyes at all. He was just then now doubting their friendship. Maybe it was all a lie and a fabrication. Asher must have been just using him since he was so torn apart by his recent break up, of course he'd want to pounce on Jack now that he had an option with the timid boy. Jack wasn't one to get too emotional, but now he was frowning and making sure he didn't cry. Luckily, he was successfully holding back any tears from forming and falling from his eyes as he had done plenty of times before. He was always one to bottle up his emotions. The young brown haired teen didn't know what to think anymore. Had he been used? The whole situation sucked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back