• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Santa Monica Home for Boys and Girls [Reboot](closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Asher

Mood
scared/guilty

Interact
Dawnstar Dawnstar (Felix)
(Nathan)
Mention
None

Asher just stood there frozen scared to make a move scared to say or do anything really. In Part because he had never seen Nathan mad like that and it was actually a bit scary and also just because he was too sure that him trying to deal with the situation would only lead to him being a jerk and in turn make things worse. So instead he decided he would just stand there and take whatever verbal Tirade Nathan needed to get out. Luckily for Asher he didn't have to endure it for too long as Felix stepped in to try and calm the boy down. Asher just stood there watching and listening as the boys interacted the chemistry between them was clear as Felix's mere presence within Nate's line of sight seemed to calm the twelve year old. Asher Finally giving a nervous nod when prompted by Felix.

" I promise Nate I am going to do my best to be better okay? I'm sorry for being a jerk I really am." He spoke softly a small crack in his voice as he continued to struggle through the guilt he felt welling deep inside of him. His eyes keeping a soft expression as he spoke looking into the twelve year old's eyes. "I know I did a lot of stupid and mean things in the past but I'm gonna try and be better. Me and Felix made up at least enough to try and just move forward but I know I have a lot of work to do in order to truly make up for how I treated him and... well a lot of people." his eyes then shifting to Felix with a gentle smile " and Felix again I am so sorry for everything and thank you for being such a good and kind guy."

Jack

Mood
Nostalgic, nervous

Interact
Evelyn

Mention
Dawnstar Dawnstar

Jack just stood near his closet after he had put his skates away, timidly looking at the older teen girl sitting at the foot of his bed. He remained silent, and his eyes followed her around the room as she got up off of his bed and looked to be making her way over to his door. She said not one word though. "Is she finally leaving?" Jack wondered to himself. She soon stopped, and leaned her back against his door. Jack had come to the conclusion that the girl wasn't quite yet ready to leave and give up yet. His eyes widened with fear as she talked. The teen girl's demeanor had seemed to change though quite a bit. The previously patient, kind, playful, almost mother-like female now seemed as if she had just ran a marathon. She looked exhausted, and Jack felt as if he could pick up a hint of disappointment in him from the older girl. He gulped nervously as she spoke, the thought of talking to anyone, let alone the older kids a terrifying thought to the thirteen year old. She muttered something softly under her breath, something about "the one time she tries to help out." It instantly reminded him of the way he had pushed away Nathan when the boy tried to help him and find out what was wrong when Asher had initially bullied him out on the basketball court that day. Jack realized that all his life, including currently, he always seems to push away the few that want to try to help him.

She continued on, sounding more and more tired and almost done with trying to bother to help out Jack. Those who don't want to be helped, cannot be helped, and Jack seemed to be one who never wanted to be helped. There was a part of him that never wanted to show weakness, not to impress someone or to keep up a "cool guy" persona, but to convince himself that everything was ok and that he didn't need people in his life. He had gotten this far with only letting one or two people into his life, why change up the formula? Besides, to Jack, people meant trouble, meaning less people meant Jack would be better off. But she was right. Although Jack felt she certainly didn't know exactly what he was going through, she was right in the sense that the boy had his family, friends, and team ripped away from him in one foul swoop, so suddenly, sending Jack away into foster care down-state. He had hated it here so far. He couldn't stand being around a bunch of kids, many of whom seemed to want to talk to or harass the boy. He was a lone wolf, he preferred to stick to himself. He didn't need social interaction. To an extent, she was right. He hated being here, and had a general disdain for many of the kids here. He didn't care he had a nice scenic beach not too far away, a comfy bed and room to sleep in, and a guarantee of good food in his belly and caring staff here at the home: he hated it all, and wished he could go back to the way things were. But he couldn't and as painful as it was to admit that to himself, he knew it was true. Nothing was going to bring his life back to the way that it was- to the way that he liked it.

Was Evelyn right? Would locking himself up in his room not help? It'd been working just fine for him, in his opinion. What did she know? She wasn't Jack, and Jack felt he knew himself pretty well. Besides, the girl had only known him for practically only a few minutes, there was no way she could know who he was or what he was going through, he thought. "Dreams." Did he even have dreams anymore? Jack felt as if he didn't and that the fire had been burnt out ever since he got to the foster home. While he longed to play once again on his old hockey team, and dreamed of moving on to bigger and better things in the sport, he knew that it was silly to believe he could once again pursue that, and that it was silly to tell himself a lie that he could "follow his dreams." Jack, who had been awkwardly standing there near his closet, almost guilty as if he were a little kid again getting chewed out by his parents for breaking the window by shooting a hockey puck through it, occasionally glanced up at the teen girl as she spoke. He kept his eyes mostly at the ground, frowning as he avoided eye contact. The boy just simply shrugged his shoulders when she talked about keeping his dreams alive. The truth was, he didn't know anymore, but he did feel that it was silly to keep chasing those dreams anymore. He was a foster kid, nobody wanted him, and he was trapped here. He could not do anything if he tried, he felt.

Jack sat there, standing in silence as it had seemed that Evelyn had finished her little speech to Jack. But this time, Jack brought his head up and looked at her as she said every last word. His eyes widened with surprise and a bit of fear. The boy couldn't believe it: it had seemed that she was practically willing to give up on him. This was what he wanted, right? He didn't need anyone's help and he certainly didn't need anybody wasting their time worrying about him. It had taken the young athlete by surprise though, as Evelyn seemed persistent. Jack had felt that any time someone tried to insert themselves into his life, or tried to help them and he pushed them away, they'd at least try and try, often pestering Jack until finally, they got the hint that Jack was not interested in them or their help. The girl looked a bit troubled: a different demeanor from the typically cool calm and collected girl. Jack didn't know what to say. Yes, he wanted her gone and out of his room, and wanted everyone to leave him alone and let him be, but the compassionate side of the boy felt bad for the teen girl. She had tried to help and take an interest in Jack, but he had pushed her away and was uninterested in speaking too much with her. This was what he wanted, right? For her to leave and get out of his hair. Jack felt bad to admit it, but the answer was yes. He frowned, feeling like he had hurt the girl, but also telling himself that she had brought this upon herself and should've known better as to not try to interfere and help with Jack.

The boy did not know what to say. Her words were certainly cause for reflection, replaying in Jack's mind. He brought his eyes up to look at her, eye contact being something Jack rarely made- especially with strangers or people he had just met. He shrugged his shoulders, looking guilty. He then looked back down at the ground and frowned. "
Sorry..." he said very softly. He was as quiet as a little mouse. He just stood there, not knowing what to say to the girl. He himself was conflicted. He wanted her to leave, but a tiny part of him felt bad, and another part of him knew he didn't have the guts to tell her straight forward that he'd prefer if she stayed out of his hair. Besides, it wasn't selfish right? He figured, why would he let someone continue to worry about him and waste their time and efforts on him? He would be fine alone, he thought.

Felix

Mood
Excited

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia (Asher and Nathan)

Mentions
None

"Knucklehead..? I'm not a knucklehe- hey, hey, no no fair!" Felix initially protesting his new nickname, but that quickly changing to laughter and squirming as he instead has to start protesting the ticklish attack. Felix being hyper ticklish and as before pretty much helpless against his friends assault - to Asher's view not even putting up a meaningful fighting back or resistance or possibly not even being able to as he starts laughing. "-And no worry. I'm gonna keep my promise. We'll both be going to the beach. The Boss lady after I urm- well she promised as long as I didn't fight Asher- I could still go." He added, though there was a little weakness and trip of the tongue, not wanting to admit he'd broke down like a little kid.

Though he did not to Asher's words and nod with a friendly but determined look. "Yeah you do Ash.. But I did promise to give you another chance so-like calm down, kay? A promise is a promise. But if you really want to try and make it up to me, lets get these chores done before we get in more trouble. You wanna start refilling the buckets? And I'm gonna need another boost for this van." Felix sounded a little nervous saying this, he knew they'd wasted a bunch of time and it was clear he was a little anxious especially looking to Nathan. That promise to head to the beach also clearly meaning a lot as well.

After asking Asher to do that Felix did turn back to Nathan with this wide and proud grin. "Also what's this- " Felix tapped on his helmet that Nathan wore. "-going fall skater boy without me. Looks like you took a bit of a fall." Felix looked Nathan up and down seeing the scratch marks and dirt from the recent adventure out in the car park. "Oh but no worries- like I said your free to use 'em whenever you want, don't mind if they get scratched up. Just make sure to clean like mud and dirt off 'em once your done." Felix seemed really happy to see Nathan in the pads and clearly having used the skates again, like super excited. "You've gotta show me how much you've improved later!" Felix couldn't help but look Nathan up and down, not quite as cute as with him nervously on the skates but he still looked awesome. Not realising that Nathan just had a panic attack on the things - but offering an encouraging high five.

Felix then looking back to over to Asher, calling out as he was presumably filling the buckets back up at the tap/hose. "We still got a bit done on the first van, should I pick back up there. Or do we wanna go straight the other one's roof and get them both over with?" Felix asked going to get the one remaining water bucket that hadn't been spilt and carefully picking it up. Felix looking back to his friend briefly with a worried smile. "Sorry Nathan. We're gonna have to get back to cleaning these now. You can watch if you want, or go practice more to show me later?"

kids-reversible-sleeveless-basketball-jersey-t500r-blackwhite-playground.jpg
fashion-3d-printed-mens-summer-surfing-shorts-quick-dry-beach-swim-trunks_1553603348667.jpg
unknown.png

Evelyn

Mood

Interact
Edric Blight Edric Blight (Jack)

Mention
None

Evelyn stood there as Jack just seemed to write a small novel in his head. He looked more nervous and out of it than Nathan would getting into a huge rollercoaster. Yet it wasn't the waiting that was an issue for her - it was Jack's reply, or more accurately his complete lack of one im light of her mustering every last ounce of assistance she could will herself to give that kinda just broke the teen girl, pushed her over the edge. "Sorry...? That's it." Evelyn shook her head.

"No your not sorry at all. Can't believe I actually tried to help..." Evelyn just sighed, she looked almost defeated and actually hurt for some reason..? "...Whatever. Your choice. If you don't want to talk to anyone, fine. As promised, I'll get out of your hair and you won't hear a peep from me again.."
"See you at the BBQ, assuming you get hungry."
Yet then after just a moment Evelyn just flicked her hair to the side, and almost like some kind of switch was flicked. Ev' dementor, her body language had suddenly changed in a split second to her perfectly perfected mask of confidence and aloofness. A teen in full control as if she hadn't just spilled out what genuine emotion and concern she had into view. Evelyn's demeanour was not that of a big sister, or of an exhausted marathon runner, or anything else - it was just glassy almost gave this cold gaze to Jack as she opened the door to leave. She felt horrible about this. She knew Jack was going to waste his potential and give up like so many other kids she'd seen before. But apparently there was no point of Ev' even trying to help save them. They didn't want her help. ...Could she blame them, she never took any of the chances she was given..?

1626158675e2cc4034e27ca32a2c8b773d1990c3d6_thumbnail_600x.webp
31XCU+f2kEL._AC_.jpg
Sterling_Silver_Whitby_Jet_Large_Pentagram_Necklace_P1862..jpg
p388539_2.jpg
334076a.jpg

Jack

Mood
Guilty, sad

Interact
Evelyn

Mention
Dawnstar Dawnstar

Jack's eyes widened as big as saucers as he saw an even further change in the teen girl's demeanor. He stepped back a little with fear as he winced nervously. Had he hurt the girl in some way? It sure looked like it, he frowned as he watched her, struggling to maintain any sort of eye contact with her. He just stood there, briefly brining his arm up and opening his mouth to say something, but he couldn't find the right words and stopped himself before he said anything. By then, Evelyn had opened the door to leave his room. She left the stunned young boy alone in his room with his thoughts.

Jack stood there, eye's wide and speechless, for a couple of minutes, his mind racing. Maybe she was right.... maybe he wasn't really sorry.... He DID want her out of the room and out of his hair, and for that, Jack began to feel sad. But he quickly shook his head. "Pfft whatever," the young boy muttered softly under his breath, his brow furrowed, "you don't need her anyways..." Jack told himself it was fine, and that it was a good thing Evelyn was finally out of his room and out of his hair. Plus, there was a bonus in the fact that she said she wouldn't talk to Jack again for how ever may years he was there for: a plus for the boy who wanted to cut down on the totally amount of people he ever had to socially interact with.

"See you at the BBQ, assuming you get hungry," repeated in his head, Evelyn's last words to him. The party, he had completely forgotten about the party. He knew for a fact that he certainly wasn't going. He made sure that he was going to lock himself up in his room no matter what, and fail to show up. He didn't want to go anyways, so he had no problem in skipping the big BBQ. The boy flopped onto his bed, landing on his back and sighing. It was a stressed and long exhale, as the boy laid there and stared up at the ceiling. It was a ceiling he was going to, and beginning to become, very used to staring up at. "
Stupid party...." he muttered under his breath as he took his phone off of the night stand and started scrolling the internet mindlessly on it once more.

[As the morning went on excitement throughout the house only grew the closer to the party it got. Everyone gathering their favorite beach items donning their outfits for the evening. It was truly set to be quite the night. By one the house began to fill with friends equally as excited for the fun evening in the sand. The beach was ready with nearly a dozen volleyball nets scattered throughout the property several dozen loungers and umbrellas. Large tubs filled with towels, beach balls and volleyball scattered the landscape. An old tiki style bar was packed full of coolers of many varieties of soda, sports drinks and water. Just outside the bar a large flattop grill roared to life in preparation for all the food that would need prepared. Kids began filtering to the beach running around throwing beach balls, Relaxing under umbrellas for a chat, many more going for a swim. Asher and Felix had managed to finish their task just as the festivities began despite their midway distraction and were happily granted permission to attend the party by a very proud Mrs. Richardson. It seemed her plan was working the boys looked to actually be getting along as they sprinted off to join the party. Not to mention the water fight she had witnessed earlier on. By this point nearly the entire house was at the beach. All except for the stubborn lone wolf that was Jack who sat up in his room despite the fun being had just outside his window. ]

Nate

Mood
Shock/ disgust?

Interact
(Mrs. Richardson)

Mention
Dawnstar Dawnstar

Nathan was basically the first kid down at the beach as he began scouting out where the best photos could be taken knowing him his face would probably spend a good amount of the party buried in his camera. Partly for his own enjoyment but also because the other kids liked to get him to take pics for their social media anytime they had a party or a big group outing. This usually making the days after events a bit stressful as he tried to get trough and prosses all the photos as quick as he could as kids bugged him for their photos. It also gave him a chance to make a little money of his own as Mrs. Richardson paid him a little to get some photos to use on the houses website and such.

As everyone began filtering down to the beach Nathan quickly got to work snapping pics keeping and eye out for Felix as older teens dragged him all over the beach for photos some of them even gave Nate a couple of bucks for taking them which even though he didn't really need the money he always liked making money with his photography and even if it was just two buck it made him happy to know people valued what he did. Nathan was quickly getting a bit warn down running all over the place and resorted to the same tactic he had at the last party. Quickly dashing behind the bar he pulled out a handmade sign that simply said "photos here AND NOWHERE ELSE" he jogged over to a pair of loungers with a cute little table and an Umbrella sticking the sign in front of the little setup and placing a large empty jar that said tips next to it. Perfect no running all over the place anymore he thought to himself as he plopped down in one of the loungers. Mrs. Richardson wandered over getting his attention "how's my little photographer doing? get tired of running all over the place again" she signed gesturing at his makeshift sign "yeah A little bit lol... Umm did Felix and Asher get done? Is Felix coming?" Mrs. Richardson smiled warmly at the twelve year old as she responded "He should be here any moment."

"okay awesome thanks Mrs. Richardson!!" He smiled wide "No problem you have fun now don't work the whole party away." she quickly moved on making her way around the beach as Nathan relaxed in the lounger. Before long Nathan felt someone tapping him on the shoulder he looked to see who it was but didn't recognize them figured they must be someone's friends. "umm excuse me can we get a picture?" He smiled looking at the two bikini clad teenage girls nodding his head as he stood gesturing for them to get ready. After snapping a few quick photos he pulled out his phone to get their emails to send the pictures after exchanging info both of the girls gently grabbed Nathan Giving him a kiss at the same time one on each cheek. Nathan just freezing in place. He didn't know what he felt at the moment but he knew it wasn't embarrassment and he knew he hated it.
1618904436ff23717885d82b70bcd9baa5f9223bb7_thumbnail_900x.webp
efb41f6ca66479d7c1831b86b7a22ab1.jpg
71mP6KAwbBL._AC_UY395_.jpg
puma-sunglasses-PJ0001S-009.jpg

Asher

Mood
Determined

Interact
Mention
None

Asher wiped the sweat from his brow as him and Felix finished the last bit of the second van. It had been a lot of hard work to get these things cleaned up but now they were shiny and clean. Asher stepped back admiring their work he had to admit he was quite proud of it and he might have made a bit of a new friend/ little brother in the prosses even if they had some problems to work through still he was glad his relationship with Felix was at least better than when the day started. " Well I think we did a great job man... these things are as clean as they are gonna get... Well on the outside anyways." he said looking over at Felix with a smile just as Mrs. Richardson rounded the corner a large smile on her face. "Wow boys they look great... Thank you for working hard to get them done and without fighting too!... Well besides that little water fight you had earlier" her smile turned a bit sly at her last statement. " Well a deal is a deal you both did a great job so you better scoot your butts on down to that party wouldn't want to miss it. Just stack the buckets and sponges in front of the utility building over there for me please." she said pointing to a small building about the size of a small one car garage before making her own way to the beach. Asher then immediately jumping on the given task dumping out each bucket before stacking it in another meanwhile Felix gathered up the sponges and they deposited them in front of the building like they were told. "Well off to the party then?" he said glancing over to Felix as he made his way to the beach.

Arriving at the party Asher stopped over at the tiki bar hut grabbing a Gatorade before starting to make his rounds saying his to people just trying to socialize a bit. Many people being quite thrown of by his general happy expression and polite demeanor both of which were certainly out of character for the teen and the other kids noticed. As he made his rounds tho Asher realized there was one kid missing from the party which he supposed he should have expected but he hoped Jack would have reconsidered and come to the party. Asher shook his head knocking the thought from his mind. As he tried to return to his conversation but his mind kept going back to Jack sat all alone in the house while a party was happening outside and not just a party but a beach party!! Asher couldn't shake it he just kept glancing over at the house unable to focus on what he was doing. Eventually Asher decided to stop fighting it he knew he at least needed to try and get Jack to come down or he would be thinking about it all night unable to have any real fun. He sighed as he excused himself from his conversation beginning his short trek back to the house.

Asher headed inside the very quiet and empty house. It almost felt creepy as he walked through the normally lively hall. He quickly made his way up stairs heading straight for Jacks room. As he arrived at the door he quickly cleared his throat suddenly feeling a little nervous oh come on now is not the time! your just trying to get him to come to a party! oh wait okay yeah I got it now Asher raised his hand as he pushed his thoughts away. Before giving four solid knocks. "Hey Jack its... uhh Its Asher wanna open up." Asher waited a few moments for Jack to come to the door but continuing on even if he didn't "hey you sure you would rather just sit in here than go enjoy some time on the beach relaxing ,having some good food, Maybe going for a swim?"

Jack

Mood
Content, nervous

Interact
Asher

Mention
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Jack had been sitting quietly alone in his room- as was per usual. He was scrolling mindlessly on his phone: something to keep his little thirteen year old boy mind somewhat active. Jack had been hearing some of the fun going on down by the beach, and if he really wanted to, he could look out his window and see the fun that was being had at the party. But, the boy had no desire whatsoever to join in on the party. He was perfectly ok being alone by himself and in his room. At least he wouldn’t have to talk to anyone there.

The house was empty for some time now, and it was dead quiet. Jack of course loved every second of peace and quiet. The house was usually NEVER like this, so he was glad to experience a rare moment where he had the house all to himself, in complete peace and quiet. The boy sighed as he rolled over on his bed. Just a few more hours and then everything would go back to normal, he assumed, so why not enjoy the short amount of time he would get complete peacefulness in the usually rowdy and loud house. Content to spend hours in his room alone, Jack had no desire to join in on the festivities, and unlike what would be a typical reaction for any kid his age- he wasn't the least bit envious of those kids out there having their fun. It did not matter to him.

But soon, the unexpected would happen. Jack was soon disturbed by a knock on his door. He shot up, sitting up straight in his bed as his eyes widened and his heart rate increased, becoming a little startled from the unexpected knock. "Who the hell could that be?" the boy wondered to himself in his head. He would soon find out, as a voice shortly followed the knock. It was Asher. Jack tilted his head to the side a bit, confused as to why the boy was knocking outside of his door. Wasn't he out there having fun at the party? Jack had remembered he certainly had wanted to attend and that the honey blonde boy was excited for the party. Jack rolled his eyes, and decided he'd dignify his new friend with a response. Besides, Asher was the most bearable person to Jack here, and certainly the only one he would talk to on his own accord. "A- Asher?" Jack asked as he slowly got up and off of his bed. He still was surprised that the boy was even here in the house at all, considering the festivities going on outside. Jack sighed, sad that Asher was concerned for him. He hoped he could put his new friend at ease. "It's ok Asher.... thank you, I promise though- I'm fine. Don't worry about me." Jack replied. "Trust me, I'm fine, I'd much rather be here in my room than out there...." He did think it over though. Sure, he was starting to get a little hungry and wouldn't mind some good food, and sure, he had liked to swim a little bit back home in San Jose, and he had his swimming trunks in the closet with him, but he did not want to go down to the beach and to the party where all the kids were. He wasn't wired for that sort of setting, and not prepared to engage in so many social interactions.

Felix

Mood
Excited / Hot

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia (Asher and Nathan)

Mentions
None

Felix did feel pretty proud of himself and satisfied seeing the outfit of the van's all shiny. Felix having to admit him and Asher made a pretty good team here, somehow. When Mrs Richardson came and gave her appraisal well praising the boys he couldn't help but smile to himself. Even if this was a punishment it matter it was done well. As she gave permission letting both go to the party like she promised, Felix was clearly pumped. He dashed around and quickly gathering the sponges and helping clean up while Asher emptied the leftover water.
"Well off to the party then?" Felix nodded strongly giving himself a miniature fist pump with he air of excitement. "Yeah, lets go!" ...There was this few awkaurd seconds though where Felix kinda stood there looking around for a second before just dashing up to follow-Asher. It was pretty obvious to the older teen that Felix had no idea the right way to get to the beach - like it was only in walking distance but it was obvious as they quickly walked down as Felix looked around wide-eyed, he had no idea where he was. Not at all being familiar with Santa Monica, or possibly with much of anything in LA.

Felix following Asher's lead walked through the party to the bar, grabbing a ice-cold Cola from the cooler for himself needing to kinda cool off after working in the sun all afternoon - Felix's face a little red from the heat but he'd be fine after he's had a drink. There was soo many people here it was a lot, Felix not really knowing anyone but to be honest that didn't bother him. Felix saying hi to a bunch of people and getting to know people, oddly staying somewhat near Asher during his initial arrival. His sudden friendliness with the older teen also likely to the surprise of a few of the other kids who'd witnessed the violent hostilities between the kids.

Yet as Asher ran off back inside and Felix kept socialising until he noticed Nathan running a little booth. Felix ran and grabbed another two Cola's from the cooler before sprinting over to Nathan as a pair of older girls took their leave from him - oblivious to what just happened. "Nathan I made it!" As the preteen sprinted up, forgetting than Nathan couldn't hear him and may not have been paying attention - meanwhile with no clear signs of stopping - aiming to try and playfully tackle Nathan onto the sand along with himself. Regardless of if Nathan manages to avoid the tackle (intentionally or not), Felix will end up on the sand just laughing hysterically. "Oh and I got you a soda!" He'd add looking at the now defiantly aware of his present Nathan after hitting the ground.

fashion-3d-printed-mens-summer-surfing-shorts-quick-dry-beach-swim-trunks_1553603348667.jpg
unknown.png

Asher

Mood
Determined

Interact
\
Mention
None

Asher looked up at his friend he could tell like he already knew that Jack truly did feel at ease with spending his night in the house alone. But for whatever reason it still just didn't sit right with Asher. Maybe it was for the selfish reason of wanting to spend time with Jack or maybe it was because he truly thought it would be good for Jack to socialize a little instead of just spending all his time in his room. But Asher was determined to get Jack to come back to the party with him whatever the reason. He stood their thinking things over for a few moments before looking back at his new friend.

"Are ya sure cause these things can be a lot of fun? They really go all out for parties like this. I'd just hate for you to miss out." He paused looking down at his feet his face beginning to turn a little red. "Plus I would really like you to come. We could hang out... get to know each other better... How about this come to the party with me for one hour that way you can at least get some supper and if you absolutely hate it you can just come back inside. Would you do that... At least give it a shot? Please?" He looked Jack in the eyes smiling warmly at the boy. "you can stick by me the whole time and like if you get uncomfortable we can like have a signal and I'll get you out of the situation ASAP!" he sounded a bit excited at this suggestion as if it were some genius idea. "besides you need to eat something." He finished looking to Jack for an answer truly hoping he had made a good enough case for the boy to give in and come to the party. At least for a little while.

Nate

Mood
Shock/ disgust?

Interact
(Mrs. Richardson)

Mention
Dawnstar Dawnstar

Nathan was still standing there in a bit of shock and had no clue he was about to be tackled to the ground by his new friend. Before he could get his wits about him from the very much unwanted kiss's of random teens he found himself on the ground sand flying into the air his sunglasses knocked a few feet away and a laughing Felix on top of him. Even then it took a few moments for everything to register Nathan having Admittedly gotten scared for second before realizing it was just Felix being Felix. He smiled up at the boy signing "Thank you" but he still looked a bit distracted. Nathan then trying to shake his other thoughts from his head as he lunged his hands for his friends midsection. As he tickled the boy he rolled Felix off of him knowing that he would be defenseless in his current state. Nathan quickly got to his feet grabbing his sunglasses out of the sand before reaching into a bag sat by the loungers and pulling out his Ipad.

"I think we might need to let those cola's sit a bit before we open them or half of them with just be on us." he smiled as Felix recovered from his previous assault " Glad you made it I was starting to worry you weren't coming... So what are we gonna do?" He said sitting back down in one of the loungers. " Should we just relax for a little bit or?" he continued Nathan was pretty much up to do whatever Felix wanted. Nathan didn't usually do much at these parties other than take photos in crowds like this people very easily forgot that Nathan was even there mostly because he is small and due to being deaf very quiet it makes it very easy for him to just blend into the scenery. Not that Nathan ever really minded it. Sure sometimes he wished he wasn't as invisible to people but it also had plenty of advantages and so he just went along with it sneaking around the party with ease doing pretty much whatever he wanted without anybody noticing.

Felix

Mood
Happy / Hot

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia (Nathan)

Mentions
None

"Hey I told you, no fair!" Felix cried out as he enters another mini giggle-loop as Nathan again went for his ticklish midsection. Felix squirming but as usual being powerless to do anything about it, all his fighting instincts just vaccant until Nathan decided to get up giving Felix a chance to calm down. Felix sat himself up and did end up laughing a bit more at Nathan's observation. "Oops, yeah. Guess these might've gotten a little shaken right?" He reached over and put the drinks down on the lounger besides Nathan. Being a bit of a show-off Felix then just laid back a little and kicked himself straight up to his feet, instead of just getting up normally.

Felix then just going over and plopping himself down besides his friend as he continued to type away on the iPad. "I promised I was coming didn't I?" Felix replied with a grin. "Hmm.. Dunno. Like-I really wanna go for a swim in a bit, get out of the sun. But-like I also kinda want finish another soda first." He looked almost longingly at the two shaken up ones knowing he'd have to wait. He looked Nathan over a bit, then at the sign and stall. "What've you been doing without me? Being a shutter bug then?" He asked curiously.
"Oh hey- like you taken any cool ones yet?" Felix asked curiously, before plucking the shades Nathan was wearing from him and then trying them on himself. Making a bit of a pose towards his first sat besides him that he thought looked super cool, though probably just looked a bit goofy or like he was trying too hard - clearly wanting Nathan to quickly snap one him.

unknown.png

Last edited:
Jack

Mood
Nervous

Interact
Asher

Mention
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Jack nervously stood there as Asher made his case. He twiddled his fingers nervously, not knowing if he actually wanted to come to this party or not. He internally debated with himself. "Come on, how bad can it be? Asher's your friend, right?" he asked himself in side of his head, "Plus, if you just stick with him, maybe you won't have to talk to anyone but him...." Jack realized he should probably open the door for his new friend, so he slowly approached his door and carefully creaked it open. He poked only his head out, making sure that Asher hadn't brought any uninvited guests and that there were no unwanted presences here.

Every fiber of Jack's being wanted to say "no," but his heart wouldn’t let him do it. It seemed that Asher truly and genuinely wanted to spend some time with Jack at this party, and become better friends. Jack looked down at the ground, his head still just barely peaking out of the slightly cracked open door of his room. Plus, the boy had made a good case, and, Jack needed to eat. He couldn't just skip dinner. He was a growing thirteen year old boy and an active athlete. The idea of being able to possibly bail out of the party after an hour or so was appealing. Maybe he could go to the party, grab a bite to eat with Asher, and then leave. What was the worst that could happen? The usually stubborn and defiant Jack finally caved in for his new friend.

He looked Asher back in the eyes, and the boy told him that he could stick with Asher if need be. This sounded more appealing than just being off on his own at this party surrounded by a ton of kids- all whom Jack regarded as strangers. Asher had certainly made his case. "
Ugh, why am I even doing this?" Jack asked himself in his head before he spoke. The boy sighed a long somewhat exhausted sigh. "Ok fine...." he said, looking off at the ground, "I'll come to the party-" he paused, and looked at Asher, opening his door a little bit more. "But only for a little bit! And I'll stick with you." Jack said. With that, he looked at Asher and gulped nervously, cracking the boy a nervous and weak, and certainly unsure smile. What was he getting himself into now?

Nate

Mood
Ecstatic

Interact

Mention

Nathan gave a small cheer as Felix performed his little kip-up rocketing himself to his feet with a bit of a proud smile before the boy plopped down beside him. "Well yeah you said you would but you were with... him and I was worried... I thought maybe he started something again!" he said looking over to Felix with a bit of a worried expression obviously everything was fine cause Felix was here but Nathan still had a hard time trusting the situation between Asher and Felix. After what Nathan had seen then the big fight he didn't see he just found the sudden turn around to be... odd and was a bit worried for his new friend. "haha swimming is fun... Well ya know you could have that soda right now if ya hadn't tackled me!!" He feigned being upset at the boy's earlier roughhousing entrance before nudging the boy with his shoulder an a large grin on his face.

Nathan then looking around briefly "oh! this yeah I take pictures at all the group outings and like parties and stuff. It started out me just taking pictures I wanted but then people started seeing them on my Instagram and ever since people constantly want Pictures... But I don't mind its fun usually! Pluss I make a little bit of money!" Nathan explained as suddenly his Sunglasses were snatched from him he looked to his side seeing Felix trying them on. Smiling as the boy struck a rather exaggerated pose. With a bit of a giggle he grabbed his camera out of his bag snapping a quick couple of pictures of Felix looking quite funny. Nathan glanced down at the photos on his camera's screen blushing a bit he hopped of of the lounger camera in hand.

Nathan then reaching over and gently adjusting Felix's pose into something less extreme and far more natural looking. After it was just right Nate shot a couple more pics. Then grabbing Felix's hands he pulled the boy to the end of the lounger so he was sitting with his feet firmly on the ground. Luckily the loungers being very low that was possible for the shorter boy. Nathan then having Felix lean forward a bit resting his elbows on his knees. Having him first just look off in the distance as he took a couple of shots from off on Felix's left side positioning everything so the sun gave a nice glow to Felix. Nate smiled again adjusting Felix's pose something Nathan was happy to do as long as Felix went along with it. Just having the boy pose in different ways and spots taking photo after photo until Felix eventually got tired of it. Mentioning to Felix along the way that he was a very good subject and that the camera loved him. Of course Nathan might be a bit biased but thats beside the point. Of course Nate stopping to show Felix some of the photos here and there.

Asher

Mood
Happy

Interact
\
Mention
None

Asher's eyes lit up "Really?!? I wasn't sure that would work... Come on it'll be fun I promise just stick with me ill protect you." Asher blushed a bit as he made hi last comment realizing that might sound a little well a little weird maybe. But he was clearly very happy that Jack had agreed to come with him. He could hardly contain his excitement as he grabbed the boys hand beginning to pull him along. Before stopping about half way down the hall and turning to Jack. "I know your mostly just doing this for me and I appreciate it... I really do! Like I said just an hour and if your miserable I wont even try and stop you from coming back inside I promise." he said smiling at Jack his hand awkwardly rising to lightly caress the boy's arm but stopping half way to its target and just kinda hanging there awkwardly for a few seconds before dropping back to Asher's side as he turned to star walking again. "and if you hate it you can tell me you told me so as many times as you want." he joked hoping to cut the awkward tension in the air that was of course caused by him.

As the boys reached the top of the steps Asher stopped again scratching the back of his head. " guess I should have asked... Umm did you want to change or you just wearing that?...Not that there is anything wrong with what you are wearing I just didn't know if like you wanted to change into some trunks or something in case you want to get in the water or whatever or you just wanted to wear something else but I mean you don't need to change or anything you look fine... Better than fine you look great!! Aaaand I'm making a fool of myself by rambling aren't I?" Asher paused taking a deep breath as he turned a very bright red. " Do you want to change if you do we can go back and I can wait no rush." he spoke slowly clearly trying to keep himself from continuing on rambling.

Felix

Mood
Happy / Hot

Interact

Mentions
None

Felix looked genuinely worried for a moment, not recognising Nathan's joke regarding the Soda's for what it was - wondering if he'd maybe hurt his feelings for roughhousing. The iPad's synthetic voice making it a hard for him to recognise the joke. Until he got nudged by his now grinning playful friend. Felix looking betrayed then happy once he realised . Nudging his friend back with a smile of his own looking relieved. "You scared for me a second." Felix could be pretty gullible, never being great at reading people.

Felix got his photo snapped like he wanted and laugh a little. "That one gonna go on your instagram?" He inquired clearly half-joking, taking off Nathan's shades again for a second and grinning clearly liking them. Yet then Nathan came over and gently stared moving his hands and changing his pose, Felix looking confused but going a lot with it. *Snap* another photo. Felix quickly finding himself becoming bascially a doll to Nathan's as he pulled him forwards on the coach and had him sit flatly, posing him more. Even with the lower height of the lounger, Felix felt a little uncomfortable as he sat on the edge feet flat to the ground - just kinda not used to sitting like this. It was still rare Felix could comfortably rest his feet on the floor, let alone flat - so even if he could like right now it didn't feel natural to him yet. Nathan perhaps noticing Felix fidgeting a little as he was repeatedly posed.

Despite fidgeting Felix was clearly trying to be cooperative, keep whatever pose that Nathan was putting him in. Felix did occasionally struggle in resisting the urge to laugh and possibly ruining one of the photo, forcing Nathan to take another one once he'd got composure back. Felix giving a slightly shy smile at being told be was a good subject, lifting the shares to sit atop his head instead of wearing them for a second. "You sure the camera's not gonna get bored of me?" Peering at some of the pictures Nathan had taken, looking more than a little impressed, actually a little wide eyed at how good he looked. Felix had no eye for this sorta thing but he could tell they were good photos - one with his face sunset lit, some of the light reflecting off the tinted glass of the shades letting you see the sun in its reflection. "..Wow. Never really had my photo taken like this. Most of the time im busy skating, climbing, you know... Like it's cus im doing something cool, or weird like how bendy I can be. -Or its just like Dad forcing me to say cheese as he snapped us a pictures. ..But these look sooooo-like mega good." Felix couldn't help but smile during this though, Nathan's own expression seemingly infectious. He was just clearly very much not used to being the subject of the camera in this way - it being very different to his own shakily done videos and camera work. It was sorta fun, just Felix really had had no idea what he should be doing and was relying on Nathan to help set him up.

unknown.png

Last edited:
Jack

Mood
Nervous

Interact
Asher

Mention
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Jack gulped, feeling nervous, as he opened his door a bit more and now stood in the middle of his doorway. The boy followed Asher along in the hallways, feeling and anxious sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. Maybe he shouldn't have accepted. Maybe this will turn into a disaster. The boy tried to shove those thoughts out of his mind. He was doing this for Asher- his new friend. And as if on cue with Jack's thought, Asher stated that he knew Jack was doing this for him. It was true, and Jack was at least glad that the boy noticed and appreciated the gesture. He looked at Asher and nodded as the boy let him know that he could bail out any time if it got a little too much for him. He gave him a soft but weak smile, letting Asher know he appreciated it. Jack chuckled at the boy's joke, rubbing the back of his neck, "O- ok, yea I will," he said, smiling.

As the reached the top of the stairs, Asher brought up a good point. He wasn't changed for a beach party. All he was wearing was a pair of black basketball shorts and a San Jose Sharks T-shirt. Surely if he wanted to go swimming in the water, he was in no condition to do so in this outfit. But did Jack really want to go swimming? He didn't really know, and assumed that there would be lots of people in the water, people being something he definitely wanted to avoid. Jack cough awkwardly, "
I- it's fine. I can just wear this. I'm not gonna go swimming." Jack told him, "I don't like swimming anyways," the boy added softly, lying. This wasn't true. Jack had loved swimming back at home. In fact, coming from, a wealthy family, he had a big pool in his backyard that he would love to go swimming in every summer back in San Jose. Jack thought about turning back and telling Asher he'd change into his swimming trunks- which he had down here in the Santa Monica home, but opted not to. He wasn't even planning on staying at the party for too long, so he highly doubted he'd get all wet and want to go swimming.

The boy blushed as Asher went rambling on, and told Jack that he looked good. Jack didn't know what that was supposed to mean, but it sure made him blush slightly, never being good at receiving compliments. He'd always gotten compliments back home. Whether it'd be on his hockey skills, his grades, or his looks, Jack was always awkward when receiving compliments. The boy was just too humble at times. Jack closed his eyes and shook his head, opening his eyes and looking at Asher, "
No it's fine, don't worry about it. Let's go." Jack said. He truly wanted to get out of the house and get this party over with. Jack made a hand gesture to signal them to keep moving on.

Asher

Mood
Happy

Interact
\
Mention
None

Asher just smiled scratching the back of his head " Y... Yeah lets go" Asher continued his way down the stairs with Jack the two young teens making their way outside into the fresh early evening air. It was still pretty warm out but luckily the evening breeze had taken the edge off the heat. As the boys made their way closer to the beach the sound of music and kids of varying ages having fun grew louder. "So first rule of enjoying a party with little to no social interactions is when you gotta walk through the crowds walk with a purpose. ya know like you know exactly where you are going and you aren't going to stop until you get there. Okay we can test it out by getting some drinks the food isn't quite ready yet so that will have to wait but c'mon." Asher said gently grabbing Jack by the arm before beginning their b-line directly for the bar. Asher walked with a quick steady pace eyes straight ahead. Not letting his eyes wander or make eye contact as they weaved through the crowd.

Before long they reached the bar Asher stepping behind it standing in front of Jack who was still on the other side. "See that wasn't too bad was it?" he smiled at his friend hoping to ease the boys nerves with positive energy alone. Though the strong expression on his face did make his eye ache a bit causing a small wince from the teen as he was reminded of his idiotic actions from this morning that had led to the nice black eye that now donned his face. He quickly shook it off returning to his warm cheerful smile as he pulled out a soda for himself. " So what'll it be sir? We got the finest cola's, sport drinks, and waters money can buy."

Nate

Mood
Ecstatic

Interact

Mention

Nathan was very clearly having a ton of fun posing Felix and using him as a model for his pictures. It of course being a bonus that Nathan was now gaining quite the collection of photos of his crush. Nathan could tell that this all felt odd for Felix the boy clearly having no clue what to do when having his photo taken in this way. Nathan having to put him in exact positions and show him what to do. Just laughing along every time Felix would get a little too uncomfortable and start laughing. Eventually having Felix remove his shoes burying his feet part way in the sand just for a different aesthetic. Then posing him with one of his feet in the sand while the other was flat on the seat of the lounger his knee bent chin resting on top as he hugged his leg. Nathan finding this pose particularly good looking experimented with it some more barley changing Felix's pose in between each shot. Nathan rolling his eyes as Felix asked if the camera would get bored of him. He pulled put his phone typing away before showing Felix what it said. "Well I am basically the camera and I will never get bored of taking pics of you sooo."

After a couple more shots Nathan settled in next to Felix as the went through the pictures Nathan marking his favorites as they went through each one. "yeah I can tell your more of a man of action... but you look good in these too maybe a little nervous in some of them but yeah you were totally born to be in pictures like this." He typed handing his phone over to Felix before quickly taking it back to add "but just wait till you see them edited they will look amazing!" as they finished looking trough the pictures Nathan grabbed the soda's opening one and handing it off to Felix before grabbing the second for himself taking a quick sip. "We should get some with you doing like a hand stand or some other gymnastic stuff."

Jack

Mood
Nervous

Interact
Asher

Mention
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Jack nervously headed down the stairs and out of the house to the beach with Asher. He nodded as they headed down the stairs. As the boys got out of the house and closer to the beach where the party was going on, Jack heard the music getting louder and the sound of children having fun getting louder, as he felt a nervous sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. Jack wanted to turn back now with every fiber of his being, but Asher talked to him as he pulled the boy along by his arm. Asher dragged the boy though the crowd of kids, Jack growing more and more terrified one of them would try to talk to him. Jack shut his eyes tight as if he were on a roller coaster high up in the air as Asher dragged him along quickly. Luckily, Asher was right about walking through the crowd with a purpose. No one paid them any mind and they eventually reached a little tiki bar.

They finally got to the bar and Jack opened his eyes. He was standing behind a counter, and Asher was making his way behind the bar. Jack looked around, feeling himself nervously breathing heavily, almost panting. He hadn't realized how much his heart rate had increased and how nervous he was, but he was starting to calm down as he eventually took a seat at one of the stool at the tiki bar and looked at Asher. The boy wore a friendly smile, which comforted Jack a bit. At least it was just him and Asher, no one else. He simply shrugged as the boy said, "See that wasn't too bad was it?" The boy sighed and gave Asher a weak little smile, trying to hold back his nervousness and apprehension about being here. He regretted coming out here now that he was actually here and in the party, but he knew he had to stay a little while for Asher. The boy was pleasantly surprised as Asher offered him a drink. He smiled a bit, seeing Asher behind the bar, almost as if he were pretending to be a bartender. "I- I'll take a soda, thanks..." the boy replied. He brought his arms and elbows up to the counter and rested them there as he nervously twiddled his thumbs, waiting for his drink.

Felix

Mood
Excited / Shy

Interact

Mentions
None

Felix took the (thankfully) cold cola from Nathan and cracked it open. The preteen quickly guzzling down half the soda in just a few seconds. A feeling of chilled relief rushing through Felix's system along side the sweet familiar taste that honestly the preteen liked way too much. After several hours our in the blazing sun cleaning the minivans, and even after the first one he clearly needed it feeling immediately a lot better now. A bit of colour that wasn't the bright-red of a steamed lobster returning to his face - meanwhile leaning over and watching and learning over Nathan's shoulder for both messages and for pictures of himself.

Felix smiling at the various photos, and at how excited Nathan seemed. Watching him curate and pick out his favourites, looking for the best shots out of dozens of photos taken. Felix didn't have a good eye for this stuff but he knew the photos were good. "They're already amazing." Felix commented, almost looking a little blushed, shy even at seeing himself in soo many photos, he didn't mind the attention or the camera on him still he couldn't help but feel a little self-conscious seeing him in all these poses for the first time -and at Nathan's compliment. "You really think I'm like that good in these..?"

At the topic of something more gymnastic, Felix's shyness went away and he the boy couldn't help but just grin excitedly himself, and immediately downing the other half of the soda. The boy jumping up to his feet and running a few steps forward before throwing himself effortlessly a handstand. Felix spending a few moments just idly walking around on his hands, turning around to face the upside down Nathan and sticking out his tongue. Even going onto one hand and waving for a few moments before returning to both. His basketball jersey accidentally falling up revealing the preteen's scrawny, and underweight, yet still athletic torso. "Something like this? I can also do a flip, or you wanna see me do a flip like this?."

What might also catch Nathan's eye is the rather serious surgical scar that ran up Felix's chest, as well as a several smaller ones dotted all over some much more rough looking like the boys chest was hit by shrapnel. All marks being rather fresh and not entirely healed from his recent accident and the two-three week stay in the hospital he had to undergo at the start of the summer and during his birthday. There also some light bruising on his chest over some of the existing scaring from where Asher had cracked down on him earlier, his aggressive-knee aggravating the exact spot he just got a few stiches out of.

unknown.png

Last edited:
Nate

Mood
Unsure

Interact

Mention

"yeah I think you look super good like you could be a pro model!!" Nathan confirmed a big cheesy smile across his face. As they had finished up looking through the photos. drinking their sodas Nathan couldn't help but steal some extra blushing glances at his friend. Felix huddled rather close to him so he could see the photos only making Nathan feel more nervous. Moments later Felix the active kid that he was, was back on his feet at the mention of gymnastics suddenly seeming much more in his element with the photos. Felix sprang into a hand stand walking around a bit clearly trying to show off a bit which was made even clearer when he went on one hand to give Nathan a wave.

Nathan smiled and nodded to his friend picking the camera back up and taking a couple of shots before just kinda stopping freezing in place. Looking down at the cameras screen then back up at Felix as he noticed the many scars that covered the boy's torso. Nathan went a little pale as he examined Felix's torso tracing every inch and every scar with his eyes clearly startled by what he saw. He kept staring for a few moments just taking in every detail from the lagre scar running down Felix's chest to the light bruising on his side Nathan gulped a bit as he stood up from his seat the color starting to return to his face as he got use to what he saw his mind then quickly turning back to how cute he thought the boy was and that his young athletic body certainly did him well. Even if he was maybe a bit scrawny Nathan thought he looked great. Nathan shook himself out of his seeming trance realizing he had been starring at Felix for far to long. Causing him to turn a bit red as he broke his gaze.

Nathan grabbed his Ipad again so Felix would have to try and read from his phone while upside down on his hands. It of course not donning on Nathan that Felix could just as easily stop doing a handstand. "Those why your here? The scars I mean." Nathan asked holding the Ipad close to Felix so he could hear it over all of the noise. Nathan hadn't realized how close he had gotten to Felix but when he looked up he saw less than a foot away was the scarred up torso of his friend. Nathans Hand slowly rose up finding its way to the large surgical scar. Without thinking or really realizing what he was doing Nathan traced the scar with his hand gently making contact with Felix's skin. Quickly Nathan snapped out of it his hand snapping back to his own body falling back onto his butt in the sand. "umm sorry... sorry about that I don't know why I did that. I shouldn't have...I'm sorry" Nathan didn't completely know why he was apologizing. Sure he touched Felix without permission... But it wasn't like that was off limits for them given how many tickle assaults each of them had given and received in the last two days. But still something within him told him to apologize. Nathan looked away refusing to catch Felix's gaze for a few moments while he composed himself before finally looking back to his friend.

Asher

Mood
Happy

Interact
Mention
None

"Sure coming right up sir." Asher said turning to grab a soda from one of the coolers. Turning back to the bar placing the soda down giving it a light shove sending it sliding across the short distance to Jack. "So you really don't like swimming huh?" Asher asked giving Jack a questioning glare for whatever reason Asher found that he didn't really believe Jacks word earlier. He examined the boy closely as he answered not that nervous ticks from lying would be easy to spot given how nervous the boy already was and well the fact that Asher wasn't good at telling if someone was lying in the first place.

Asher looked the nervous boy sat in front of him up and down admiring the young teen's features. Gazing into the boy's beautiful brown eyes that seemed overwhelmingly encaptivating, The wonderful brown locks that framed his blemish free face perfectly. Asher found a gentle smile creping across his face as he snapped out of his studied gaze of the boy sat in front of him. " So you like hockey, but like what else should i know about you? Your not secretly a crazed axe murderer or something are you?" Asher joked taking a sip of his own soda before he continued his attempts at getting Jack to relax a bit. Not wanting the boy to be on edge the whole time though he knew he might not be able to do much about it. He knew Jack wasn't a social person and yet he dragged the poor boy to a party and not a small one either. It seemed only natural that the boy would be uncomfortable and knowing it was his fault that the boy was feeling that way it became his mission to try and get him to relax and maybe even have a little fun. Maybe he would see that not all social situations are that bad.

"cause ya know what they say... Its the quiet ones you gotta worry about and well your about as quiet as they come." Asher continued his Joke with a small chuckle and a big smile. Hoping that if Jack was focused on him he would at least for now forget that he was in the middle of a crowded party.

Felix

Mood
Apologetic

Interact

Mentions
None

"Urm, Nate, you-like okay?" Felix asked sounding rather confused as he stared up at his friend during his handstand - Nathan currently staring at him like he was an alien or something with color draining from his face. It didn't occur to the preteen what had suddenly made his friend soo uncomfortable. His expression seemed weird, like both freaked out and then like kinda smiling.
"Nate.. Hello?" Nathan suddenly went a bit red as he seemed to snap out of just staring and quickly started fumbling for his tablet. Something was up with him but Felix really couldn't tell what just giving his awkward and currently upside down smile. Felix craned his neck so to look up to look at Nathan even while still doing the handstand even as he approached over with the iPad. Felix listening as the synthesised voice played. "..." Felix's excited expression lessoning slightly for a moment as he tried thinking to himself. "No... Urm well I guess yeah actually-kinda..." Felix seemed unsure how to respond for a moment.

Felix sniggered a small laugh as Nathan traced a finger up the scar before watching as his friend confusedly fell to his butt and sand. His friends confusedly and verbally apologising a bunch. At hearing this the preteen just dropped himself onto the sand besides Nathan unceremoniously before sitting himself up. "What're you sorry about? It just tickled a bit." Felix gently poking his friend in the chest. "..." Felix went quiet again for a second ."Me and my family got into a big car accident like... Six or seven weeks ago. Like only a few weeks into summer. Just after that skate meet I showed you pictures of. …Parents were arguing a bunch and never noticed when the truck came and.." Felix's expression darkened a bit before he just shook his head. Clearly avoiding certain parts of the story for his own sake as much as Nathans. "I was in hospital for -like aggges like three or four weeks. I got really hurt and they had to cut me open to fix me, that's where I got the big scar. Then this smaller one was from where they had to fix my lungs 'cus they collapsed and they had to put a tube in. The others were mostly from like glass and metal I had stuck in me." Felix began to explain but oddly seemed really calm about it. Like way too calm maybe and nonchalant like the whole business wasn't that big an ordeal.

"Sorry do they like freak you out?" Felix apologising now to Nathan who was apologising to him. Gently reaching out and placing a hand upon Nathan's supportively. "Doctors say most of 'em will go away... if that's what freaked out out..? Sorry I ruined your pictures." Felix added more to the apology seeming concerned for Nathan over himself, feeling like he maybe ruined Nathan's photoshoot by letting him see them. Clearly having no issues about having his photo taken even with the scars.
"But-like i just had a check-up before coming here, and the said I'm really healing up well Kinda get tired a quicker now.. But Doctor says that'll keep getting better again as I start playing sports and skating again." Felix grinned brightly, staying positive as he finished trying to explain, smiling to the friend he sat besides on the sand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back