• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Samurai | The Sea of Blood

Should this RP be officially launched?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zahir Nelson

q4jsOKR.png

SAMURAI

The Sea of Blood

Feudal Japan - Era of the Warrior

Japan, a noble country of righteous warriors remained at peace for quite a time. Everyone was happy, and the economy was booming with trade. Even the lower classes such as the merchants were living lives of prosperity and independence. The government was open and contained very low corruption which was nearly non-existent, and crime was at an all time low. Senkai remained the dominant clan in the country, but was a non-corrupt and beneficial one that stood for the good of Japan rather than the greed of the individual. However, things changed, and a new clan arose, one of murderous intent, Dark Orca. The uprising clan consisted a band of Ronin (Ex-Samurai) that were highly skilled, and able to go toe to toe with some of the most powerful warriors in Japan. Oberon, the leader of Dark Orca and one of the most powerful swordsman in Japan, seeks to take all the resources and riches of others for himself, and even become ruler of Japan. He also enjoys killing other people. That is something that the entire group enjoys. Taking the life of another, even if they are innocent men, women, and even children. Dark Orca knows no shame, and will stop at nothing to get what they want. In a country of bloodshed, one has the option to stand and fight for what he desires or holds sacred. Who will you choose?

NOBLE SAMURAI

vs

DARK ORCA

OFFICIAL THREAD HERE: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/samurai-the-sea-of-blood™.137012/

Last edited by a moderator:
It's likely that this RP will adopt a Dice System in order to prevent Godmodding. To further prevent GMing, players can choose from a list of combat skills and abilities for their character creation.

Last edited by a moderator:
This seems like a good concept. And yeah you probably will need some external system from the roleplay or else you'll have overpowered samurais going around slicing up things left and right without a second glance. xD

TechnoParadox said:
This seems like a good concept. And yeah you probably will need some external system from the roleplay or else you'll have overpowered samurais going around slicing up things left and right without a second glance. xD
"It's likely that this RP will adopt a Dice System in order to prevent Godmodding. To further prevent GMing, players can choose from a list of combat skills and abilities for their character creation." - The Post Right Above Yours

I am also interested, though I am not well acquainted with the dice system of roleplay. It's been too many years since I've last delved in that style.

[QUOTE="Zahir Nelson]"It's likely that this RP will adopt a Dice System in order to prevent Godmodding. To further prevent GMing, players can choose from a list of combat skills and abilities for their character creation." - The Post Right Above Yours

[/QUOTE] Sorry about that xD . Nonetheless, I'm interested :)

When dealing with dice, we can use an HP and damage system for combat and have combat skills that players can choose from when creating their character, one player can create a character with speed and agility attributes from preset choices, or they could choose to make their warrior a tank type or a power oriented type that strikes hard. That way we can balance the Power ratios of each character. So while one is quick and agile, the other can take more damage, and another can put out the damage, but not both.

I was more thinking alone the lines of: Balanced fight, sure, but that would still, eventually, result in death of a player, wouldn't it?

Sunbather said:
I was more thinking alone the lines of: Balanced fight, sure, but that would still, eventually, result in death of a player, wouldn't it?
I mean this is the war of Samurai, so if you die, you die. Respawning would be BS and obliterate the immersion of the RP. Just make smart choices in character creation and try to gain a tactical advantage in a fight. You're always free to strategically withdraw from the fight.

TechnoParadox said:
If you are going to start this how many players are you looking for, preferably?
Honestly I couldn't give you a direct answer, I don't know how many people exactly are interested, more people need to submit their votes in the poll.

[QUOTE="Zahir Nelson]Honestly I couldn't give you a direct answer, I don't know how many people exactly are interested, more people need to submit their votes in the poll.

[/QUOTE]
Ok, that's fine, I was just wondering because I'm not particularly fond of roleplays with an excessive amount of characters.

I understand. I will let you know. Oh and Everyone, please VOTE in the polls so I can get an accurate Tally for the RP. Thank You

Once we reach a total of 10 people willing to join (10 votes, 1 of them is me), then I will start the RP and official Sign Ups. Please ask your friends if they are interested in participating in this RP and if they are, have them vote yes to count them as interested.

[QUOTE="Zahir Nelson]Once we reach a total of 10 people willing to join (10 votes, 1 of them is me), then I will start the RP and official Sign Ups. Please ask your friends if they are interested in participating in this RP and if they are, have them vote yes to count them as interested.

[/QUOTE]
Alright 10 people sounds fine, I'll see if I can find anyone to join.

[QUOTE="Jager 9]idk, you "bumped"

[/QUOTE]
Yeah I was just trying to bring it back to the top so it would be noticed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back