• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Sakura High School

sora okada 

Before she could react, Sora's drink was whipped out of her hand. She blinked. Though she wasn't complaining, she was not expecting him to intervene either. Perhaps she had made a bigger fuss out of it than she had intended. She watched him intently, hoping that he'd chug the entire thing or something. Instead, he began heading further down the hall.Curiously, she followed him down the hall, already predicting that he was going to throw it away...until he walked right past the trash bin. Sora wasn't one to be proven wrong, so naturally this piqued her interest. "Uh, what are you planning on..." she trailed off as he placed the soda on the windowsill and began unlocking the window. Oh. Maybe he wasn't as dull as she imagined he'd be. A warm breeze drifted through the hallway from the open window, and for a moment, she was grateful for  their little interaction. It was sweet. Until he flung the drink out the window instead of pouring it. Sora heard some gasps from where she stood and immediately joined him watching the demise of students amidst the purple mess. A bloody violet mess caused the students nearby to jump in surprise, as if they were subject to some sort of bad omen. It was pretty amusing actually. 

"I  don't think you need to worry about drinking it anymore." After chucking the soda with that much strength and causing a mess, he still had the audacity to beam at her as if he had just saved them from an apocalypse or something. Realizing she was still smiling after seeing everyone scurry around the purple pulp staining the ground, she looked at him with newfound respect and gratitude. "It wasn't that bad," she managed, unable to think of a sufficient reply. What do you say to someone who just helped you get rid of your least favorite soda? Let's do it again? She shifted her school bag on her arm. "But thank you anyways. That was pretty fun." Surprisingly fun. You're surprisingly fun. She paused, musing more to herself than him, "I didn't think you were the type to throw things out windows." Fortunately she wasn't thinking anything negative about him at the moment, or else that might accidentally slip out too. Not that she'd notice or care. 

(Interacted with @Beta✯ )

Last edited by a moderator:

Rina Natsuki

Who started this brutal tradition? The last day of school, for someone it will be a best day, for someone it will be a worst day. Rina looked around. Every students was listening to the teacher's last "good bye and good luck" speach.but it seemes their minds are far a way and only focusing about the Hanabi taikai. Maybe everyone was just waiting for the final bell. " I wont be able to stand if he is going to the Hanabi taikai with his special girl..." Rina's hearts started to feel emo.

The Final bell rang, Bret exit from classroom like the speed of light even teacher was still talking. 'woo Bret good luck' she thought. Bret is her childhood friend from primary school. Her parents always warn her to stop playing with Bret because they think Bret family is too low level and give bad influence. But Rina always play with him at near the park. Actually he was the one who teach volley ball to her. when she was 8 years old she joined the volley ball club but Bret didn't. Rina's parents blame her to playing something useless and they never come to see the big final matches even when Rina was ace attacker. Only Bret would come see her play but not like cheering loud voice just watching from the corner of the gym. He is like her brother. She can talk anytihg to him even he just always answer with "ya" "don't know" "who cares".

The last homeroom is finished around lunch time. Every one gather with their friends and talking how to confess to the one of their love. Okay everyone is in the same situation and it can become a special happy day or a special sad day. Rina pulled out a notebook from her school desk and traceed her fingers on the name written on the cover page.

"Aki Kusanagi"

3 weeks ago when the last exam was coming, Rina was troubled with maths and she couldn't finished the math small test in the class. She covedr her head with her arms and growled with small voice "gaaa I hate maths go away maths!!!" Then Aki passed his math notebook to her. His desk is in front of  her desk maybe he could hear her growl. Rina is so surprised and happy but very shy so just she say "arigato" with small voice.

Actually Rina likes him from 2 years ago he is always helping people even though she usualy only notice people who play sports. Rina open the notebook. There is message for Aki she wrote down.

Dear Aki kun

Hi

Thank you for this notebook i got best score the last math exam in my life.

We fainally graduate this Sakura high.

Im very happy because you are classmate with me it made my school life special.

I like you.

Maybe it annoyed to you but if you give me a chance i  will be waiting at the roof ..

From Rina Natsuki

She read the message and sighed. she wrote down her feeling but she erased and wrote again then erased. She hope he didn't notice the "I like you" part. the words could still be seen slightly. Rina looks around again and she saw Aki run to somewhere. "awww" she looked down at her notebook again but this time she could not read the name. Rina secretly wiped her tears. Of course Aki is busy. Aki was running to his love. Of course.

Rina couldn't stay in the classroom because everyone was talking about the Hanabi taikai. She took her bag and grabed Aki's notebook then started walking. should i go home? or say good by to her volley ball team mates? Na she can't meet someone with this emo face. She needs a little bit of time to fix her emotions. Rina walk towards roof top.

She found Bret at the rooftop and she felt relieved. Rina run to him and shouted

"Heeey Bret-- I can't do this anymore! I can't tell Aki kun about how i feel- "

Rina stand right next Bret and she saw his face. Rina was half crying but she just remember about Bret's Omusubi when she saw his serious face."Oh! Omusubi! you forgot your omusubi in my kitchen! It important stuff right?" She pulled up his Omusubi in bento box while she talking to Bret. "There"  She passed Omusubi to Bret.

Yukine

Yukine just watched as Isobe started talking all kinds of nonsense about some dancing squirrel with a leaf on it's fuzzy head... A squirrel?, now he had heard some pretty strange things before but this had to be one of the most random, for some odd reason he couldn't help imagining this squirrel as some sort of hula dancer... he didn't know which bothered him more his own thought processing of this or the fact that they both just left without much of an explanation other than they were headed for the roof. Was there some sort of party he wasn't invited to up there or something?, whatever. He was pretty sure they would explain themselves later during the Hanabi Taikai or something. Still, he couldn't help but chuckle at the Hawaiian squirrel he imagined that for whatever reason now had a ukulele, she was different that was for sure but not in a bad way, no, he actually found her awkwardness adorable at times. She was kindhearted and quirky, not to mention they were both one of the few kids at this school brave enough to rock some pink hair. 

He scratched his head and raised an eyebrow at the two as they walked off, and then found himself smiling when she mentioned the festival. He took this as she was just looking forward to seeing him perform which as an artist your always happy to hear, he wasn't sure where she was going but he smiled and waved anyways. "Of course, see you there!" and with that he decided he had taken a long enough break and went back to his practice with some lifted spirits.

when aki was under the bench he saw a girl run up to bret he thought does she like him but then he heard the words i cant tell aki how i fell he thought what does she mean by the way she feels i remember giving her my math book because she looked troubled i think her name was rina natsuki yes thats her she seemed like a nice girl so if she loves him like he did hako how could he just say yes but if she tells him now he didn't want to break her heart so he stayed there hopeing she wont notice him even when he kinda sticks out right now @vegeta3k @Cheekymuimui   

Yamaji Hideyoshi

That same small part of him melted when he first witnessed that smile. Depressing as it sounds, he didn't think that she had it in her. He couldn't help but merely stare. It was genuine. Snapping out of it, he realized that she was now.... complimenting him... Yamaji blushed at the unexpected praise. Maybe people had the wrong impression about her. She was human enough as far as he could see. But he was glad that he could at least lighten up her mood. "I don't usually eject my world problems out the window of a high school building as an ideal solution. But for some reason, it kinda felt like the right thing to do." he confessed, looking back down still smiling. Although, the more he looked, the more he felt bad about wasting a perfectly good beverage. Which reminded him, he needed to pay her back. Thrusting his hand into his front pocket, he pulled out a brown leather covered wallet, embedded with the following words of 'Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it'. Unfolding it, you could see that the wallet was neatly organized. With cards placed into small individual pockets, ordered by type and colour. On one end, there is a plastic covering where his school ID was clearly presented. He cringed every time he saw his picture. Digging his thumbs into the main pocket, he spread it open to reveal a hefty amount of paper cash, arranged by the correct value. Retrieving the exact amount that she paid for, he then turned to face her, handling the money out. "Here. It's a little something to repay all the trouble I caused for you." he insisted.

(Interacted: @Aes)

(Sorry, a bit of a slow day for me.)

-Ren-

The other Tsukuma found himself lost, not literally but lost as in lost in his own thoughts. There seemed to be so many people acting out of character today and deciding to be a bit courageous and ask other students to the festivities, while the festival itself didn't seem all too exciting to him in all honesty he was interested in the more social aspect of such affairs. Not to mention if he went alone he would just be seen more so as just Hainoko's brother, really it seemed that's all a lot of people knew him for. They didn't even know much about him other than they saw him in the halls or in the library or something. Thus he ended up with the reputation of his sister's nerdy younger brother... he supposed that wasn't too far from the truth but he would still prefer he make an actual separate identity for himself. Today he was going to do something that nobody would expect of him, he was going to ask a girl out. Now that may seem like some mundane thing to some but for him it was a definite step out of his boundary zone, and what if she said no?, then he would just face public humiliation whidh wasn't an abnormal thing for someone of his age group but nonetheless not too pleasant an experience he had heard.

Isobe Hanabi

Hanabi giggled at Hako's statement. She was, indeed, super weird but it was one of the reasons why she and Hako got along so well. A dancing squirrel seemed normal compared to the other random things she'd said to other people, like how Hanabi told everyone that one of her friends was abducted by a golden goldfish and forced to become a golfish herself when in truth, she had severe diarrhea and didn't want anyone else knowing about it. Oh gosh, the places Hanabi's imagination ran to...

She nodded at Hako's plan. The urge to pause this and ask Hako if she was sure, if she was alright and if they should actually do this surfaced in her mind, something she usually did in a situation like this, but she quickly resisted it. This wasn't what Hako nor Bret wanted, they wanted answers and Hanabi couldn't runaway now. That would be cruel. So with a grin on her face, Hanabi announced, "Okay. Let's do this before I rethink this." Then she pushed open the door.

For a moment, the blinding sunlight filled her vision and after a few blinks her eyes readjusted. A light breeze brushed against her skin, some leaves which made its way to the roof swept past. Hanabi never really came up to the roof during the three years she spent at Sakura, but she could see now why many students loved it up here. It was peaceful, unlike the bustling hallways inside the building or the front yard. She looked to the right to find Bret and... Rina? Yep, that short hair and way of standing was definitely Rina Natsuki. Hanabi remembered hearing something along the lines of Bret and Rina being childhood friends although she wasn't sure about it. Her eyes immediately went to Hako's. Were they interrupting something? Should they continue with Rina there?

Momoki was still roaming the hallways with tears in her eyes. She quickly took off her glasses and wiped her face. After they were back on Momo was able to see again. She knew what she did was an over reaction and knew that an apology was in order. She couldn't imagine what happened to Takahara after she left,but Momo just couldn't handle herself at the time. She was overwhelmed with depression,anxiety,and jealousy. Then Momoki noticed that maybe she was looking at things in the wrong way. The entire time she was looking for someone comparable to her grandpa,but what she was looking for was someone who didn't have the intent to hurt her. Takahara was going to have to hurt Momo for her to see that she didn't need him like that,but only a friend. This made the girl feel really bad,but she needed to let both sides calm down before she could do anything. After looking into her journal Momo realized that one:she needed to color her sketch she made earlier and two:it was more of a personal mission,but she wrote a duet and wanted someone to sing it with her. For a hobby Momoki played various instruments. Drums,guitar,piano,and ukulele. She needed a guy who could play and sing. Momo always second guesed and kind of knew Takahara would never have wanted to go with her,and she was always thinking that new guy... what was his name again? Oh yeah Yasashi. He seemed great,but did he even know her? Momo always wanted to know everyone's names in class so of course she naturally knew who he was and did her research. Research as in asking around and finding things out about the cute new boy(no stalking included just sayin). Momo finally got to her locker for the coloring tools she forgot to take. Then she saw a note. How did she not see it before! Momoki opened the note thinking about how blind she was and got a complete shock when she read it. Especially who it was from. Yasashi. Momo quickly put the rest of her belongings in her messenger bag and ran outside. Hopefully he was there. @Akio Chikara

Takahara thought about everything Hainoko had said and what previously happened just now, he looked up to Hainoko locking his eyes on her before he sighed, "It's my fault she ran off like that, I'm going to have to carry that like everything else." He spoke calmly giving Hainoko a warm smile, he wanted to just give up and break his hand punching the locker, but that wasn't what his friends would want him to do. He already knew if he had a broken hand it would only pain others just seeing it, so he decided he'd have to deal with it another way. "So, what do you wanna do now? Stalking me around the hallways isn't going to work anymore now that we both know our feelings." He laughed rubbing the back of his head, "How about we go to the event together then, I'd like to get to know you better. And I'd at least make one person happy today." He added on with a smile, he knew if momo came to him in hate, he'd have to accept that hate. @MattieLee

2140bbcac9f29be6cb09c5ae5982b3fc375c1b6c_hq.jpg
Yasashi sat underneath the large Sakura tree in the middle of the school yard, playing his guitar and humming a catchy tune. the tree was beautiful, as it was in full bloom, the pedals of its flowers blowing with the wind. his day was like any other day. going through his classes with ease, eating his lunch alone, and practicing his guitar at the very spot he was currently sitting. the only extraordinary thing that happened was him slipping the not into Momoki's locker and hoping for the best. it was all what he could think about all day. would she come, or would she not. now was the defining moment of truth. 

he closed his deep blue eyes as the warm summer breeze hit his face. he then started singing the song that he was playing, since there seemed to be no one around to see him, or at least thats what he thought 

@WoodenZebra

Hainoko

Hainoko looked into Takahara's eyes that were still filled with uncertainty, but also changing. She listened to what he had to say, she really didn't like the way he phrased things but she supposed she sort of understood what he mean't by it. If Momo was going to be spiteful or feel resentment after all that happened there just wasn't very much he could do about it than accept it or as he would say, carry it with him. It definitely can be aburden to carry such emotional heavyweight but she also believed he was strong enough to handle it. And after he said it was his fault these things happened she was about to tell him that he was just wrong and that none of this was his fault, he only did what he had to and saved her from even more pain that would have come later on anyways but she ended up losing her train of thought completely after hearing what he said to her next, it was enough to make her turn a bright shade of crimson from cheek to cheek.

"O-oh... so you knew about that then huh?..." she muttered through her jacket in which she was making an attempt to hide her face just loud enough for him to hear. Wow, that sure is embarrassing... it could have been much worse though, he could have labeled her as just some obsessive freak or something like that and not given her a chance and she could have ended up scaring him away. He actually didn't seem too troubled about it at all, that was definitely a relief. "And yeah... I would like that" she said with a smile, she really was happy that this went well for her. And with some time to heal she was sure Takahara would feel much better as well, she wanted to make him happy and now they had something to look forward to, something to actually celebrate at the festival together. She grabbed some bandages that she also kept in her bag with her for... reasons. Well you just never know when you may end up coming across a bloody mess okay? 

After bandaging up Takahara's hand she gave him another smile. "Alright, now that that's all better why don't we go somewhere to just relax before the festivities begin?, I don't think anymore run ins would be good for either of us"

@Hope Robinson

Momoki got outside in the school yard to see some girls walking and staring at someone under the tree. It wasn't just a someone though. It was Yasashi playing a song under the tree. How cute. Lucky for Momo she bought her ukulele and walked over sitting next to him starting to play and sing along with him. Momoki started to get a feeling. A good feeling that made her feel good. Since she actually liked what they were doing once they stopped singing Momoki sat for a second in silence and turned to Yasashi,"I'll go with you" she said out of nowhere. After that Momo just looked up and stared at the beauty around them. Surrounding them while the girl started playing a tune. A new one. Sounds and combinations probably never heard before. Momo actually felt nice after a while. @Akio Chikara(getting romantical lol)

sora okada 

Sora was confused when he took out his wallet, though was momentarily distracted by the words embedded on its leather surface: 'Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it'. Not a bad motto to live bad, she observed, respecting him for at least having a nice quote on his wallet. At least he, on the surface, believed in doing what he desired. From where she stood, she could also see the neat organization within the wallet, which was...strange. Normally people didn't give much thought to where they kept their money as long as it was in one place, or at least that was the mindset she had learned to adopt. Seeing someone who actually put some time and effort into the tiniest details of their lives was interesting. He dug around a bit more, finally offering her some money. She, on the other hand, gave him a blank look instead of reaching out to grab the amount she had paid for the soda. Here was the rule-abiding student behavior she had initially expected from him. But honestly, what trouble had he caused her? "You did me a favor," she pointed out, insinuating that whatever debt he wanted to settle was already repaid. One, she wasn't going to finish that soda anyways. Two, he suddenly made her day much more interesting. And three, she truly didn't need the money. Her mind ran through these three reasons, accumulating enough evidence to convince herself that she should not accept his compensation. However, she still sensed some skepticism from his end and added, "You really don't have to pay me back."  Somewhere in the courtyard, someone was singing and she was suddenly aware of it drifting softly through the still open window. 

(Interacted with @Beta✯ , it's an off day for me too xP)

c076c9069cfc60835965ab9b5c0c19ef.jpg

Yasashi played his song passionately, not noticing that people around him were watching him. but even if he did know, we wouldnt care. however, when Momoki went and sat next to him, he opened his eyes, pasing for a moment and looked at her with estatic joy. she was truly beautiful, or at least he though so, and his cheeks went red. it was like he had a  prayer answered from heaven. after his moment, he went back to his playing and discovered that Momoki had brought a uke. she sang along with him, harmonizing perfectly with his voice and found her way in with the chords. he was extremely impressed. he had a good feeling in his heart that made him feel at peace, assuring him that everything was going to be alright

after the song ended, there was a long silence. all that Yasashi could do was stare into the bright hazel eyes of Momoki. that is, until she spoke. his cheeks went red, was he actually going out on a real date with this girl? he didnt know what to say "Oh, Thank you Momoki" he knew that is all what he needed to say. he then began to play along with the tune that she had made up "so...tell me more about yourself"

Momo sat and thought. Listening to herself think about what she should say. But nothing came out. At least not until she said,"I have female genitalia" then her face went white for a second. She did not just say that,so Momoki quickly corrected herself,"I-I mean I like... dogs. 'Cause I have one. Actually I have many pets,but I like to think of them more like my children than pets. Hope thats not weird I just love caring for animals. Anyways I guess it's your turn now" Momo said giving Yasashi a little smile. @Akio Chikara

Spotting the door opening Bret would quickly straighten up. His heart skipped a beat. She's here! he thought feeling a lump in his throat. Or not-. It was not long pink hair but brown and short. It was Rina. Her emotion was written all over her face as she called out to him.

she had just explained that she was not able to confess to Aki. "You got to be kiddin me" he grimaced pinching the bridge of his nose. He usually did this when he was agitated. All those hours of role playing the confession and him as Aki Kusunagi last night wasted. Well maybe he was the one wasting her time because If he thought about it- he swore to god that his acting could have won worst actor of the decade.

Rina would hand over the onigiri bento box that he had forgotten at her Home this morning. It was her idea for him to give it to Isobe and because Of his circumstances she offered her own home for him to make it. He was not very good at it because the only cooking in his home was cup noodles or microwaved pre made bento from the convenience store. Luckily through Rinas guidance he was able to do a decent job at making them they were not perfect and a bit roughed up but he had put his heart into it. The small bento box was sealed with a see through plastic lid and the container was a roman red accompanied by a decoration of flowers and dragons. "thankes" he said softly.

"Don't worry, we will figure somthing out so you and Aki can-" his words would trail off as his eyes would meet the door.  She Was here!! Time froze as  the melody and song from momo and yasashi whsipered in the air feintly.

Isobe Hanabi

She watched as Rina handed a bento box to Bret, chatting to one another when Bret's eyes met hers and he froze. Right, okay, he's seen her now. There was no going back. Then as if the situation wasn't awkward enough for her, some guy had started playing a love song on the guitar down at the front yard. Was he trying to serenade someone or something? Probably. Hanabi felt like bursting out in laughter but also face palming at the same time. Smiling and waving to Bret and Rina, Hanabi gave Hako one last glance and approached the other two students. She let her hands rest by her side neutrally but she couldn't figure out what to do with them, so instead they clasp and unclasp as if in constant need of reassurance. "Hey Bret, Rina," She greeted them cheerily, "How are you guys?" I'm dying inside though, someone get me out of here. And will that guitar guy just please stop singing? Hanabi looked down at her feet and gulped, she had to get to the point, and she was sure Rina knew about Bret's feelings for her. Was there a way to be gentle about this? She looked up again, now directly at Bret. "I got y-your letter. The one you put in my shoe locker," A girl had joined the song with the singing guy now, whom's voice Hanabi recognized as Momoki's, "Thank you for that, it was really sweet. I'm sorry but I don't feel the same way. But good luck in the future." This was probably the nicest way she could have rejected him but she still felt horrible nonetheless. Although this wasn't her first rejection, most of the boys in the past always were in different classes or even years, and they didn't know each other properly. But with Bret, he was one of her friends and it was very difficult. Now, the singing duet had finished their song and it was dead quiet. The wind had stilled and the birds seemed as if they had stopped chirping to watch the scene unfold.

c076c9069cfc60835965ab9b5c0c19ef.jpg

Yasashi was a bit surprised by her answer, but he understood. he put her on the spot and must have been nervous. hearing her love for animals seemed a bit more normal though "thats pretty cool. i have a dog myself, Shiba. hes my best friend that i have" He said with a giggle "and i would love to see some of your pets, i bet their cute". he then though for a moment. what could he tell her about him? " I enjoy making music, writing stories, and creating art of all kinds. i love playing sports, mainly football" he was a little nervous himself. he had never gotten this far with a girl, and he was just making it up as he went

As Hanabi would approach them Bret would gesture with his eyes to Rina that Hanabi was here and closing in. Hanabi would offer them a nice hello and in return he would give a nod of his head. His eyes sweeped Hanabi once over as the young girl tried to make conversation. Something was not right. Her body language, the hesitation in her eyes....this familiar feeling of tension.  "I'm sorry but I don't feel the same way. But good luck in the future."  Hanabi finally confessed her eyes holding his. Bret was at a lost for words as a awkward moment of silence creeped in. It was hard enough to be rejected by the girl he liked but to be rejected right in front of Rina was unbearable. His heart ached and it felt like two big hands was squeezing it. He swallowed as his eyes never broke away from Hanabi. He had to keep his game face on.......he had to keep his game face on. He had to protect his pride and his face as the tough kid. With all the mental energy he could muster he tilted his head back and laughed. He laughed through his pain, he laughed through this overwhelming feeling to cry. He pushed all those sentimental feelings to the back of his mind as he chuckled and wheezed as best he could. "Letter?! what are you talking about? Me the notorious Bret Hikari like yooouuu?" He was at his limit so he turned his back to Hanabi and Rina to hide the pained expression . "Dont fucking-" There was a slight pause because he could feel his voice was going to crack. Then with another calm deep breath he would continue. " Dont fucking care about a goodie two shoes like you." He was heading to a place of no return now. He could feel her move further and further away with every cruel word. "That letters not from me, and if i did write one it will never be to the likes of you" As the words left his mouth the urge to cry was stronger then ever. "Just piss off, your disturbing me and my friends important conversation." His eyes was focused on the bento box in his hands. His hands was quaking.

Yamaji Hideyoshi

Yamaji slowly withdrew his hand, placing the money back while giving a light, half hearty chuckle. "Guess there's no point in arguing with you." he said, shoving the wallet back into his tight pocket. But that was to be expected. He figured it would be the case with her and all. It was a kind gesture, regardless what was thought about it. Yamaji wasn't the type to hold debts either. To him, it was confronting it now or later. An escape option was only proven futile. At last, he would drop the issue. All the while, another one was beginning to bother him. Why did she keeping giving him these deprived blank stares? It is as though she cared little about anything said or done. The mystery of it was gradually getting to him. He needed to know. Walking past her, he bent down and grabbed his school bag which was left alone on the marble floor. Adjusting the strap to fit his shoulder, he glanced back at Sora who still stood motionless. "I think it's about time we exit the main stage before people start asking questions." he announced. It wouldn't be the best interest for either of them to get caught during the act. Noting this wasn't the first time he had caused trouble. He then pointed across the hallway, indicating that they went that way. "Want to walk with me for a bit?"

(Interacted: @Aes)

As Momo listened she nodded to show she cared. Right after Yanashi talked about normal people things she had an even bigger smile. She liked the same things,and totally should've said that first,"I-I like writing,and drawing. I never really played football,but I always had a thing for vollyball,and track. But I love creating music more than anything. It gives a feeling. A good one. Music is an art that goes into the ears and straight into the heart. It shows people how you feel without having to blow your top or anything to do it. Music is like a message. It's what feelings sound like because it touches us emotionally where words alone can't. I'm sorry for rambling,but music is something that's everywhere. In the grass. In the air..." Momoki said raising one hand and going on,"In our hearts. Everyone has a missing half to their song and someone else has the other to create a beautiful melody and duet. I'm just so happy because maybe I found the person who has the other half of my duet" Momo said turning to face Yasashi. His eyes were beautiful and he was so much taller than her. Maybe she found the perfect guy. @Akio Chikara

Rina Natsuki

"you got to be kidding me" bret said.

Rina was distressed because she was not able to confess to Aki. Of coarse  he was angry because they role played for like 3 hours last night. She forced him to meet at the park that night and she ordered him to role play as Aki. But bret was the exact opposite. His acting was horrible. They both planned to use the math text book to write a confession to Aki and give it back to him. Aki would then come to the roof giving her the oppourtunity to confess to him. What a perfect plan! But when Rina saw how bad bret was at acting the part she had to keep correcting him. Like "No no! Aki Kun does not walk like a yakuza gangster he is more elegant like a prince." Or "hey Aki does not use slang like that do it more like a gentlemen" but in the end it was all for naut. Rina already erased the meeting on the roof part in the letter anyway.

Bret was in the middle of encouraging her when his words stopped suddenly. Oh Hanabi is here, Hanabi is coming. Oh no I shouldn't be here right now she thought. But it was too late. Rina would give an awkward smile and wave back with a small "hi". Rina could feel that Bret was nervous so she slowly moved backwards to one of the benches that Aki was hiding under to give him space.

Rina admired Hanabi and Hako. She wanted to be their friends someday but Rina was too shy to talk to them and they are always together. They seem close to Aki  too, but it is probably too late now because it's the last day of school already. What has she been doing in her school life? She just played volleyball and always had an excuse that she was too busy to make friends or Try harder to speak to Aki.

Rina pretended like she was not here and couldn't hear anything. She just looked around and here and there.

suddenly Brets laugh caught her attention. Then she heard his lie that he didn't write the letter and that he did not like Hanabi. This was the first time she had seen him like his. The bento box was still in his hands.

Bret was a night person he always didn't wake up early in the mornings but today he came to Rina's house 5:30am and he just waited outside until Rina's family went to work a the lawyer firm in the city. His big hands were clumsy and he couldn't make the triangle shape of the rice it was a more a mix between a circle and triangle but she found it adorable. He was always rejected form his own parents, rejected by her parents, rejected by teachers.....Hanabi was the only reason he would come to school and try to be like a normal student.

But now he got rejected again.

she noticed tears swelling in her eyes. Why am I crying? This has nothin to do with me. Why does Bret always have to endure his sadness. How can I break this?

probably by now Hanabi would notice her starring and she panicked a little. How was She to explain her tears?

"I'm, um, uh....I'm. Sorry I wasn listening I was just crying because, because, because Aki Kun might go to the Hanabi Taikai with someone...I think he will take Hako chan.  Where is Hako chan you are always together? I want to try and get Aki and Hako to go together to the Hanabi Taikai." What Am I saying.....? She thought. "Anyway I better go now bye!!" She said all in a rush. Wiping her face with her sleeves she would leave.

she would run to the door and behind it would meet Hako hiding. "This is for Aki Kun can you give it to him please" she forced the notebook to Hakos hands and then ran down the stairs.

sora okada 

Unaware that they had done anything remotely wrong, Sora was puzzled as to why he was suddenly in a hurry to leave. It took her a second to realize he meant the mess that the soda made, an epiphany that didn't persuade her to move any faster. Her moral compass has always been very rigid, as in she believed nothing she did was ever unjustified. It was the last day of school and she wasn't afraid of getting in trouble, but whatever. With his sociable attitude and trying to repay her for the soda, she wasn't particularly surprised that he was leaving the crime scene. Still, she walked alongside him, seeing as there was really nowhere else she could go right now. Down the hall, she could hear the faint noise of Yukine's band rehearsing and the pattering footsteps of random students still gathering their things. She shifted her own school bag, hesitating, before answering, "Why not?" In the past years, she had always hated this part of the school year, where her summers were filled with desperate attempts to keep herself occupied. During the school year, there was always homework or club work to keep her entertained, but her life lacked any sort of excitement without the burden of school. She and her close friends did get together, but there were always family trips that left her utterly alone for weeks at a time. Before this part of the year could begin, she might as well delay it by walking down the halls with the boy who chucked her soda out the window. Though she normally disliked wasting time, today was special and wasting time didn't seem so horrible. "Why were you by the vending machines earlier?" she asked, thinking that it was unusual for someone to be moping by themselves at the vending machines on the last day of school. 

(Interacted with @Beta✯)

HAKO HARUKI

Hako felt anxious, she couldn't see anything, only hear it. She had her back pressed to the wall next to the entrance, not being able to see anything made her imagination go wild, she hadn't dared to look through that door the second Hanabi went through it, she didn't want to see Bret, which was ironic since she was planning on confessing to him in a couple minutes.

The first thing she heard was singing, music, she was glad Hanabi had left the door open for her, but... why was there music? It didn't sound like it was coming from a phone or anything, actually, it was kind of ironic-- what was this, a movie? Was that a girl singing? It sounded vaguely familiar... Whatever.

"Hey Bret, Rina," Oh-- what? Rina was there? Oh hell no, she was not gonna confess in front of another girl. She had hoped it would just be the two of them, that was her plan, in, and out, in, and out. Hako held her breath and she listened, Hanabi asked how they were, mentioned the letter, and then, just like that, rejected him. Right in front of Rina, and then silence, plain silence. Hako desperately wanted to peek through the door but was too scared she'd get caught, the air felt tense and all she could hear was the wind- weren't there people singing not that long ago?

And the next thing she knew, there was laughter, and not just any laughter, Bret's laughter. "Letter?! what are you talking about? Me the notorious Bret Hikari like yooouuu?" he had said, she heard hesitation, a pause before he continued to speak. Once he was done, Hako closed her eyes, everyone deals with rejection differently, I guess. Aki cried, Bret... did... that, and Hako, well she wasn't sure yet. She was probably gonna react to it the same way she did everything, hell, she's seemed to have already reacted to it the second she had read Hanabi's note.

Hako heard Rina speak, she was crying? She wanted to look through the entrance, and almost did until she heard the rest of what Rina had to say. She liked Aki? Wait-what? Oh, of course she knew Aki liked her but I had no clue, thanks me. Hako inwardly groaned as Rina talked about putting Hako and Aki together, but the next thing she knew, she heard footsteps, they were getting louder... and louder... and then- Rina went through the door, spotted her and practically threw a book in her face. "This is for Aki Kun can you give it to him please!"

Hako's eyes widened as she jerked her head towards the steps, "Hey-wait- Rina- hey!" She stuttered with her words but it was too late, she was gone. Hako let out a breath she hadn't been holding, "Shit..." she muttered under her breath.

INTERACTION: @Cheekymuimui

MENTIONED: @illicit @vegeta3k @AwesomeGamerDude5433

Isobe Hanabi

@Miss Obsess @vegeta3k @Cheekymuimui @AwesomeGamerDude5433

The stillness seemed to last for what seemed like years, when Bret's laugh pierced the silence. But it wasn't a laugh of joy and smiles and friendship, his was forced and laced with pain. Hanabi could feel his heart shatter by looking into his eyes. Then he turned his back to her and cursed and cursed and cursed. He cursed and lied until there was no more things to curse and lie about, and he had every reason to do so. A 1000 ton boulder fell upon Hanabi's chest. She opened her mouth to speak but no words came out and suddenly, she had no idea what to say. However, Rina's voice sounded from her right. Hanabi glanced at her, then did a double take. Tears streaked the brunette's face as she stuttered and struggled to explain the cause of her tears, then there was the Ka-ta, ka-ta! of shoes hitting the floor and she was gone. Just like that. What just happened? She'd have to go comfort poor Rina some time after this. Hanabi squeezed the fabric of her skirt tightly in the ball of her fists. Now she wished the singing duet didn't stop; the music would've comforted her, and probably Bret as well, in this situation.

She noticed the boy was still holding the Bento box in his hands. The cover had beautiful patterns imprinted on it, as well as the sides. She could tell Bret had wanted to give her that, for she had been cooking lunches for many of her friends and Bret always looked forward to it everyday. Whenever lunch rolled around and Hanabi handed him the lunch box, his eyes always lit up and he'd pump his fist in the air as if he just won some grand prize.

"That Bento box, it... it's for me right?" Hanabi's voice was higher than usual, sounding unfamiliar, "I think you should give it to Hako, not me. S-She has something to say to you." At that moment, she didn't care if that made Bret feel worse or if she was taking advantage of his feelings for her. At this point, she was hoping for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back