• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Sakura High School

Isobe Hanabi

@Miss Obsess

Hanabi watched as Hako took the paper, her eyes going from left to right as she read the words. Time seemed to slow down as she waited for a reaction, when a frown grew on Hako's face. But there were no tears, no breakdown. There was no doubt that she was trying to keep it down. Her best friend was dying inside and Hanabi knew it. Tears welled in her eyes as she stared at the girl who stood in front of her, the girl she knew all her life. Hako was so strong, so so strong. How was she not screaming at Hanabi by now? How was she not running away? "Oh Hako, how are you so strong?" She threw herself at Hako, the tree which held tall against the storm, "You can cry if you want, y'know?" Then she thought for a second. "I'm going to reject Bret properly. And whatever you do, I'll help."

Takahara was speechless, he let his bull shit smile leave and replaced it with a saddened face looking at the ground, 'Why are all my friends getting all this pain.' He felt like crying, he put on his usual warm expression when dealing with these situations and walked over to Momo offering her a hug, even if she doesn't take the hug, he wanted her to know she had people to talk to whatever the problem was. "Are you alright?" He asked concerned for her, he truthfully did not want to go to the event, but he might have to, he didn't want momo to go home heart broken, this day was just gonna keep getting worse and worse wasn't it, this is probably the day his parents talked about. 'you'll break eventually' was in the back of his mind as he rested his eyes on momos soft but tear covered face, he had bigger issues than his own depression at the moment. @WoodenZebra @MattieLee

Last edited by a moderator:
HAKO HARUKI

Hako went tense when she Hanabi wrapped her arms around her, taking it by surprise, but she immediately relaxed and hugged her back, listening intently to what her friend had to say. She released her grip on Hanabi and placed both her hands on her hips, "What's the point in crying? All it does it make your face and eyes go red." she stated. She thought for a moment, what exactly was she planning to do? Her friend was gonna probably break her crush's heart and then she was gonna go in and confess, just like that?

Yup.

Hako hesitated before carefully moving her friend off of her, looking her in the eyes. "You're gonna go up there, give Bret a proper response," she paused "I'm gonna confess, get the hell out of there, and then you're gonna go confess to Yukine and get your happy ending which you definitely deserve." she stated with utter confidence, giving her friend a half-hearted smile.

INTERACTION: @illicit

Hainoko

Hainoko just watched as Takahara embraced this other girl, sure he was only doing it to help her feel better since she seemed so upset and she realized this but she couldn't help but be a bit jealous of the attention this girl was receiving from him. Takahara also seemed troubled... probably from all of this emotional tension that seemed to be filling the air more and more as the seconds passed by, first it was Aki's rejection and now this girl. What would come next?, that she was unsure of but she didn't want to see him under anymore stress than he already was, thus she kept her thoughts to herself for the time being and looked the girl in the eyes once more.

"If you don't want to tell us then that's okay but we're both concerned, really, we don't bite"

She said this with a false smile of her own, her smiles didn't always look as genuine as Takaharas but she tried her best to come across convincingly. 

Yukine

Yukine was in the middle of singing when he felt a sudden tingling sensation in his nostrils and had to stop what he was doing for the time being.

"Ah.. Ah... Achoo!!"

Strange... last he knew he didn't have a cold or anything, he didn't even know how he could catch a cold when the weather was so nice out. Someone must have been talking about him. It wasn't uncommon for people to gossip about him but it still bothered him sometimes, why couldn't they just say something to him directly?

Isobe Hanabi

Hanabi laughed at Hako's comment and nudged her with her elbow "Yep! Gotta look fresh and sexy for when you confess to Bret!" She was glad she had Hako as a friend, and that she was coming back to the cheerful person again. So now they had to go to the roof and finish the job. Bret was probably dying from sunstroke up on the roof (Aki as well), and they probably should get up there soon. Hanabi nodded at her friend's words as she did a salute. "Yes sir- Wait. Yukine?!" Her face flushed red as she lowered her voice into a whisper, "Shhhhhh! H-He might be nearby or something. And no, I'm not going to confess. Ever!"

Yukine

After the song was interrupted by that obnoxious sneeze Yuki decided to walk outside and take a break, they had been practicing for quite awhile now anyways and nobody minded, in fact the rest of the band was more than happy to take a Mtn. Dew and Doritos break. Yuki decided he'd stretch his legs some and take a walk down the halls, when he walked outside he saw Isobe and Hako talking, he had not the slightest clue what these ladies were talking about though so he just waved and smiled at them leaning against someone's nearby locker. He always considered Isobe a good friend and enjoyed her company, he didn't know much about Hako other than she was a friend of hers but from the few times he did talk to her she seemed nice as well.

(decided to have perfect timing)

sora okada 

Sora wasn't in the right mindset for all of this Hanabi Taikai confessing and whatnot. Her parents had delayed their flight, so they wouldn't be back for another two more days. At this point, she wasn't even surprised, but apparently she still had the capacity to be upset about it. Or maybe she was just upset at herself for being upset. Whatever, she thought, biting back a sigh. It's just another two days. Her thoughts were interrupted by her friend, who had stopped her rambling long enough to find out Sora had zoned out. "You're not even listening," her friend accused. Sora briefly debated about confessing her parents' delay or making up an excuse, but merely gave an apologetic look. "I was thinking about something else." And of course, this would imply that she was thinking about Hanabi Taikai and the widely accepted tradition of professing your love for someone. Unfortunately, this caused her friend to spin into a whole conversation about love confessions and how people did it in movies. "You're overreacting and I have to go," Sora replied, taking this as her cue to leave before her friend started squealing about romance novels and perfume. For some reason, all her friends had a thing for perfumed stationary. She grabbed her bag before her friend could question her about if she were going to confess and to whom. At this rate, her friend would have someone picked out for her in the next five minutes. That would just be uncomfortable for everyone. Knowing her friend might be lingering by their lockers like usual, she made a quick detour to the vending machine away from the school's entrance.

Normally, she'd just be upfront with how she felt today: unsure. But with this romantic tradition hanging overhead, she felt like keeping her uncertainties to herself for once. At the vending machine, she almost ran into someone. "Excuse me," she said, moving past him without waiting for him to shift. She casually fumbled with her wallet as naturally and slowly as possible.  Now that she couldn't linger by the vending machine as long as she had originally planned, she bit back a curse and hastily bought a drink, not even caring which drink she got. You're not committing a crime, Sora. Linger as long as you want, she scolded. And besides, it's the new kid. He's too new to care about you. Well, he wasn't new anymore. But he had been a newbie a few months back. They had maybe exchanged a nod in the halls or something; she wasn't sure or particularly cared. She grabbed her drink, open it with ease, and took a small sip to find out that it was pretty awful. Grape. She hated grape. She made a small face before moving to place her wallet back in her bag, noticing out of the corner of her eye that the notorious Yukine had suddenly appeared in the hallway as well. If she were lucky, maybe his band and entourage would flood the halls and hide her from her friend's prying eye and questions about confessing. 

(Interacts with: @Beta✯/mentions: @MattieLee)

HAKO HARUKI

Hako's smile faltered slightly at her friend, "Oh come on, yes you are. Who would say no to that face?" she said, she ruffled the girls hair with her free hand, Hanabi always got flustered whenever Hako mentioned Yukine, it was cute. "Haven't you heard? Everyone's confessing today, which means you've gotta beat all the other girls to the punch, and I'm not taking no for an answer, it's only fair." she said, she didn't watch her friends expression as she strutted past her, whistling, but she stopped in her tracks once she saw Yukine not that far across the hall, at first her eyes widened, worrying that he had overheard the conversation, but he seemed fine so Hako gave him her charming smile and waved, tilting her head. She turned back to Hanabi.

"You could always confess now though," she whispered to her friend loud enough so she could hear. "Either way, I'll drop kick him if he's rude, I learned a bit during my rebel days." she winked, this was right, this was her, her normal personality coming back, not filled with anxiety because of confessions or rejections, she already knew what Bret's answer was gonna be, so why worry? She just wanted it out there, out in the open, whatever happened next was none of her business.

INTERACTION: @illicit @MattieLee

Momo couldn't stop crying as the tears came quick and heavy like a tsunami of rocks. Then Takahara opened his arms and the rocks started to become boulders as wanted to hug him,but Momoki couldn't even remember the last time a guy hugged her. Momo's grandpa was very nice and comforting,but his immune system was a bit weaker than the normal human's so Momoki was afraid she'd get him sick. Momo stared directly into Takahara's eyes and noticed how blue they were. Absolutely beautiful by themselves,but Momo stared longer and knew what Takahara was doing. His depression could've easily been seen through his eyes if anyone looked hard enough and Momoki knew she had to throw away her feelings and just be there for him. She had to woman up and be a real friend or just sit there and watch the guy toss his feelings for her. It was unhealthy to hold in emotions and Momo knew that. Even if it hurt her Momoki had to help Takahara stop feeling so sad so she made a dam to stop the tsunami and she wiped her remaining tears away,"I-I don't think I'm ready for a hug from a guy. Not to be sexist it's just almost every guy I've known has only wanted to hurt me. Your a good friend,but I just can't have a hug from you right now sorry. Besides I'm fine now" Momo said even faking what her eyes were saying and smiling,"I just needed to blow off some steam. Promise.So who are you guys taking to the Hanabi Taikai? I don't have a date,but it's okay. I never expected one from the start,but I bet you guys have a good chance of going with someone. Especially you Hainoko. Your the most popular girl at the school unlike me. I'm not even sure if you know who am!" Momoki said giving an even bigger and innocent smile now acting as if nothing had previously happened. @MattieLee @Hope Robinson

Hainoko

Hainoko's expression became a bit saddened as she listened to the other girl, she had to do something to help her but she wasn't sure what exactly. 

"Are you sure your feeling better now?, it isn't good to keep your emotions under lockdown... and that can be said for a few friends of mine, trust me popularity isn't everything. I'm sure you'll find someone someday" So long as it isn't Takahara...

"You just need to look on the bright side of things!" She said this with a genuine smile this time, sometimes people can get so caught up in the things around them that they forget to take a moment and love themselves for who they are, it is truth when one says you must be able to love and accept yourself before you can truly love another, at least that was they we she saw things. Takahara had helped her come to that point whether he realized it or not, she always thought that people were selfish creatures and that most people were motivated purely by their own self-interests but by watching Takahara and his selfless acts of kindness she came to change that view of the world. 

The thought of him helping a kitten stuck in a tree came to mind and she chuckled happily, after all there really was some good people in this world. She then proceeded to answer her initial question. "I had someone in mind but I have my doubts, it sounds like we're sort of similar in that aren't we? maybe we can even help each other out with this. Then again I suppose I don't know you all that well, if you find that a bit too awkward I understand!, we don't have to it was only a suggestion"

@WoodenZebra @Hope Robinson

Yukine

Yuki noticed another girl in the background but paid her no mind, after Hako waved back at him she turned back to her friend. What were they talking abut anyway?, he didn't like being the one always left out what if it was some big secret?, he just had to know or else it was going to bother him the rest of the day and he knew it. With that in mind he invited himself into their conversation hearing that Hako was whispering something but still unsure as to what, were they talking about him?, was there something on his face or something?, nah, if that were the case they probably would have laughed or something. He approached the two of them still with a smile on his face.

"Hey girls, what's up?, some kind of secret going around or something?, haha I won't tell anyone I promise"

@Miss Obsess @illicit Mention:/ @Aes

Yamaji Hideyoshi

His head had been in the clouds for far too long. He haven't paid enough attention to his surroundings that resulted in blocking the girl's pathway. This was unintentional. But before he could lift a finger or even take a simple breath, the girl went by as if it was nobody's business. Saying alone the lines of an 'Excuse me'. She didn't even glance an eye at him. Yamaji reeled back unable to speak for a response. He stood there utterly speechless for a few seconds before regaining his composure. He then stood awkwardly idle, silently watching as the girl bought a similar drink from the same vending machine. What the hell is he doing? Why was he all the sudden dumbstruck? He had no cause to be. She probably thought he was a mindless idiot who is unable to comprehend basic human interaction. Come to think of it; this was not a complete stranger. He knew this person. The name was Sora or something along the lines. The name did not necessarily come from personal experience, but from some rather nasty rumors enveloping her. Now, these rumors weren't slanderous to an extent. But they do talk about her cold personality towards others. Keeping a select few close by. But he was not so keen on judging without reason. In his mind, everyone deserved a chance. Even if they are the worst person on planet Earth. Maybe if he'd introduced himself it would break the awkward tension. The two barely knew one another. He could see that after finishing her initial sip, she made a face of disgust. Did she even thought about what she is drinking? What kind of sensible person even does that? Giving a blank look of disappointment. It was now or never his turn to speak. "I take it your not a fan of grape?" he asked, curious of her reply.

Interaction: @Aes (This is what I could think of for now. RIP writer's block.)

(It's all good. Writer's block is pretty awful.)

sora okada 

Sora glanced at him in surprise, wallet already tucked away in her school bag. If he had wanted to started a conversation with her, he had certainly waited until she had finished her business. Apparently he could speak, and could see that she despised the medicine-esque flavor of grape soda. Having a conversation about what she liked or dislike was not what she had bargained for when she had been avoiding her friend. Still, it was her fault for not immediately turning away from him. He had made friends here, so he was probably friendly, most likely wasn't afraid of risking a quick conversation with her. Her reputation proceeded her and this was one of the only instances where she had truly hoped it would be enough to give her space. Hanabi Taikai was giving her a special kind of anxiety and she hated it. "No, but it's what I get for not paying attention," she ended up replying, point blank. Her eyes traveled to the can in her hand  again. "Karma or something." She was almost disappointed that her response was so civil; Hanabi Taikai had made her boring too. She looked at him, suddenly aware that he wasn't impressed with her drink choice either. "It's been a long day, especially with Hanabi," she justified, catching word of another failed confession by a passing pair of underclassmen. Poor him. Poor her. Poor everyone for having to go through this. She took another sip of her disgusting drink, already regretting mentioning Hanabi to the new kid. At least it wasn't her friend. If she talked to her friend about Hanabi, their conversation would haunt her for the end of time.  

(Interacted with @Beta✯ )

Takahara watched as Hainoko tried to cheer Momo up, he wasn't smiling anymore rather he had a content face as if he was thinking hard about something. "I was going to ask Hainoko, but she seems to already have plans. So I might just go alone, that's always fun." He replied as he gave his sad smile, before realizing what he had said. 'you basically just confessed, you idiot.' he thought to himself as he played it off as if he was just talking none sense, still, he couldn't be happy, to many people were getting hurt today, even people he cares about. He struggled to keep his stupid fake smile on his face, he wondered how they would feel if he just broke down right in front of them over his parents and all this drama. 

Hainoko

Hainoko blinked exactly three times and took a breath before finally processing what she had just heard.  I was going to ask Hainoko, but she seems to already have plans. So I might just go alonedid she hear that right?... she seemed a bit confused at first, not sure if he was being serious but by his tone of voice he didn't seem to be joking. This made her face go red at the thought, was all of this following him around like this really unnecessary? 

"Huh?... a-are you serious?" She just had trouble believing it, what with all the other girls in the school. 

She was at a loss for words for a moment. He still seemed to be in distress, was she one of the reasons for that?, that she was unsure of as well. She was a bit worried at first with all of the attention he was giving this other girl but it seemed they may have been for nothing after all. He was still worried about him though, why did he keep smiling?, she could tell by the look in his eyes and just by the way he presented himself that smile didn't match the way he must really be feeling right now.

@Hope Robinson @WoodenZebra

Momoki was about to reply to Hainoko when Takahara said the most shocking thing ever. Of course she already knew he had feelings for someone else and it all came together when he said out loud it was Hainoko. Momo started laughing because it was painful to know and because it was actually funny. There was no point in being scared of confessing now,"Don't worry. I honestly was going to ask you,but it turns out you were going to ask Hainoko. Don't worry she was going to ask you I could tell. Don't worry about me I'll find someone so I don't have to third wheel" Momo said smiling. Then she twitched in pain holding her stomach. It was anxiety making her worry. Whenever she had a stomach pain like that she knew something was going to happen. She knew she was going alone. It was okay. Momo was used to the feeling of being shut down. The feeling was like how she was used to the feeling of not having parents for most of her life. The one time she had the chance to meet her father which was the year before he never showed up. Then he called telling her to get lost and that there was no point in meeting him when he already had a better family. A better daughter. Better sons. Momoki didn't even have siblings. The man even said "don't go looking for me when the old hag and the man stupid enough to marry her die". The memories all stacked up and she had a bitter taste in her mouth. The taste of blood from biting her tongue and saying nothing. Other girls have always been getting to the punch before her and Momo was sick of it. She stood there with jealousy and sadness and heartbroken in her eyes creating a beautiful swirl of depression. She what it was and immediately took out her drawing book and started drawing it. Seeing the picture of a chibi Takahara and her with a heart around them saying ,"I luv U" tears started coming again. Guys were always screwing Momoki over so what made her think it was going to be any different that time? Maybe blindess. Maybe hope. Maybe a gut feeling she saying,"It's gonna be different. You'll see. The world will give you something worth you time. Someone worth your time" and it was a lie. Momo was used to being lied to too. She finished the picture quickly admiring the colors it was going to get later, Momoki then looked at Takahara and Hainoko and smiled a real smile with even more real tears coming down her face,"I've got to go clean my face up. I'm feeling and look a lot more ugly than usual. I hope you guys are happy. Bye!" Momo said running into the nearest bathroom which wasn't that far. She went into the stall at the end of the restroom and sat in it with the door unlocked crying even harder than before as horrible memories were flowing out of her brain as if it was a river flowing into a waterfall. Momoki then washed her face and noticed how she looked. It was fine,but she actually did look ugly. She felt like maybe no one would want to go out with someone as ugly as herself and then went out the restroom not looking back and trying not to let people her face. See how weak she was. Momoki only wished to be at home cuddling with her cat and dog as she walked through the hallway blinded by tears and bumping into almost everything in her way. @MattieLee @Hope Robinson

(Wow, talk about the feels) 

Hainoko

Hainoko was about to jump up in an attempt to try and comfort the girl even though she knew it would more likely than not be fruitless efforts anyways, still she wanted to help and felt pretty bad for the girl. She probably would have reacted just as negatively if not worse if their roles were reversed right now, just in a different way than she had. She was honestly impressed by how calm she was in comparison to how she imagined herself being if she had gotten rejected, she had to give her at least that much credit. She definitely did seem to be a strong person at the very least, perhaps after she calms down and everything is done and over with they could even be friends?, yeah, she would like that. Even though Hainoko had many friends already she was sort of lacking in the true best friends department, you have your acquaintances, the people you like to hang out with every once in awhile, your typical friend, and then you had your true friends that would always be there for you. It's hard to find people like that nowadays in this world but considering this girl also liked Takahara and just by her overall attitude and responses she came to the conclusion that this must be a very kind girl, the world just always wasn't so kind back to her, and that was definitely unfortunate. She was grateful for what she had accomplished and what she had in her life, she knew some pretty bad people but she had never had to deal with being a social outcast or being rejected, so she was grateful for that.

She just sort of watched with a look of sadness in her eyes as the girl ran off, not that she blamed her. "I hope she'll be okay..." She sort of mumbled this out loud to nobody in particular, herself mostly. While she was definitely happy to have Takahara take notice of her and say something like that she was still concerned about Momo, even though she was a rival and she still would have rather had things end like this than the other way around she still had a compassionate heart. To think she may have had to sabotage a plan of hers to confess to him when there shouldn't have been that concern in the first place... that sort made her feel bad as well that she was that desperate she knew she would have done just that too. Did that male her a selfish person?, most likely that answer would be yes but at this point she really didn't care at least she could be happy and she didn't need to have any major confrontations with anyone to get there, so that was definitely a big relief on her part and she would imagine on the parts of any unfortunate girls she may have eventually grown too suspicious of.

She turned back to Takahara awaiting his response and hoping that this wouldn't make him crack anymore... that boy sometimes seemed like he was made of some sort of strong glass that had been through hell and back and could just shatter into pieces at any moment, while she never had any real family troubles she did have her moments when she felt that way as well and she really did feel like she could see a reflection of herself in that cracked mirror.

"Still... I definitely wasn't expecting that, and you did the best you could to help her so don't beat yourself up about this okay?" She said this as she leaned in to give him a reassuring hug and a pat on the back. "Everything will be alright, I promise, okay?" And she would make sure of that, she didn't want to see him hurt anymore. "So there's no need to put on that smile like you do all the time, really, it's fine" She wanted to be direct and honest. 

"When you do that people will be able to tell and all that does is worry the people who care about you, it will only hurt more if you ignore it. There are other good people in the world if you look for them, you don't need to be the light for so many people, they can find another lantern to guide them through this treacherous path called life"

Takahara watched Momo leave before just looking at the ground, he felt an emotion he couldn't pinpoint exactly why Hainoko was comforting him, but when she told him there was no need to smile his sadness away, he slowly sniffed as the tears started to flow down his cheek and dripping onto the school floor which was covered in dirt and now his sadness. Without being able to react he felt himself sling his fist into the lockers next to them, he pulled his now blood covered knuckles out of the dented metal of the locker and looked at them, he took a deep breath and covering his face with his bloody knuckled hand as a coping mechanism. He breathed heavily as he tried hard not to punch the locker again, he had hurt someone he called a 'friend', how could he not have seen what was going on there, but on the other coin, was it better that he hurt her then and not lead her on all the way to the festival? After awhile of thinking he looked back up at Hainoko and wrapped his arms around her holding her tightly and letting his tears flow onto his shoulder, "Sorry you had to see that, and I do like you.." He spoke softly into her shoulder before breaking off the hug and giving her a sad but real smile, he was gonna have to carry this like he does everything else.

(Okay, after this I should really get to bed lol, I'll respond to anything new tomorrow night more than likely)

Hainoko

She watched as he let his emotions out and hit the lockers in frustration, seeing all of this made a few tears stream down her face but she quickly wiped them off and continued to be the strong girl she had always been. This poor guy had just been keeping all of this to himself for far too long and people are a lot like a soda bottle when this happens, if they get too shaken up they will eventually explode when they open up. Hainoko knew this and let him go through his feelings and not worrying about much else at the moment. She looked at the blood on his face from when he struck the locker and when he brought her in for an embrace she gave him a saddened smile and took a moment to grab a small cloth that she had in her shoulder bag to wipe off his face from the blood and tears, although she had to admit she was glad he finally let go. She took his cheek in one hand when she was finished admiring his deep blue eyes for a moment and then gave a sigh of relief and a soft smile "I like you too... your really special to me, really you don't know how happy I am that you opened up to me like this" for the time being the two just held each other and Hainoko gave him a small pat on the back. "You don't need to hide anything anymore, you'll be safe with me I promise" And she would be sure to stay true to that promise, she wouldn't let anyone hurt him ever again, and that included himself.

tumblr_inline_npvgb3id3Q1shp0fn_500.png

When he had arrived Bret made his way down to the roof water tower which was just on the far side of the roof. Looking the water tower up and down Bret would then reach out and run his finger tips over his initials that he had carved onto the metal of the water tank 3 years ago. a past memory would come to mind. This was the very spot he had spent most of his time and it was filled with subtle and warm memories that he cherished close to his heart. It all started with his father. His father was a violent man who wore his emotions in his fists. Most of the time his mother was the victim of his brutality to the point of unconsciousness and as a young teenager he was afraid, he was terrified. He wanted to help but he was weak, he wanted to call out but he was afraid...so he ran. He would run, Run as fast as he could. Run from his problems, from his fear, from his life. He would run until his lungs felt like bursting and the lactic acids in his legs would burn and before he realized it, he was standing at this very spot on the roof of the school. He couldnt explain it but once his eyes sweeped over the landscape below, a sense of calm and serenity washed over him. And It was at that very moment the world stopped for what seemed to be an eternity.

Bret would run his fingers across the initials "Bret 2014" one last time. He felt his fingers run along the cold jagged grooves of the faded initials as he let his mind wonder for a moment. He had spent many lunch times here and it was also the spot he would escape to whenever he was down.  A haven free of problems and responsibilities. A place he belonged.

Breaking from his thoughts Bret would reach into his pocket and pull out his smart phone. It was half past. Was he being stood up? Turning on his heels he would face towards the entrance of the roof and wait. Startling him Bret would spot something. Was there someone under that chair?     

Isobe Hanabi

"Oi, just because other girls are doing it doesn't mean I will. Plus, we can't do this now. We have to go to the roof," Hanabi sighed at Hako's teasing. Gosh, she really was her normal self now. However, when Hako whispered to her and she turned around, she nearly had a heart attack. Yukine was there, leaning against the lockers and watching them. Actually, he was walking towards them. Shouldn't he be in band practice right now? Hanabi's hand immediately went up to twirl her hair, something she did whenever she was nervous. 

"Hey girls, what's up?, some kind of secret going around or something?, haha I won't tell anyone I promise," He laughed. Hanabi bit her lip in thought; she didn't remember his voice sounding that deep, and wait were his eyes always that shade of blue? Hanabi shook her head and scolded herself. Focus! "Hi!" Agh, was that too enthusiastic? "Oh no, no secret. W-We just saw a um... A squirrel! A dancing squirrel with a leaf on his head outside the door, and he looked funny. So w-we were whispering because... because.. he might get scared of us and run away. Ah, but he got scared anyway as you can see," Gesturing towards the glass door. What in the world was she blabbing on about? Hanabi could feel her cheeks getting hotter and hotter, and wondered if anyone else was as mortified as she was. She grabbed Hako's arm and squeezed lightly, asking her for help.

HAKO HARUKI

The second Hanabi opened her mouth Hako knew this wasn't gonna go well, at first she flinched when Hanabi basically shouted in the poor boys face. Frankly, it was funny how nervous Hanabi got around Yukine, she reminded herself to tease Hanabi about it later, not that she hasn't before. Hako fought a laugh as Hanabi continued to speak, a squirrel? Hon, a squirrel? This was priceless, if only she had her phone out to film this.

The second Hanabi squeezed her arm Hako decided to intervene. "Ah, well as funny as that dancing squirrel was, we've got other things to do." She said glancing between Hanabi and Yukine.

"But excuse us, we've got a roof to go to that we should've been to a long time ago." She said, nodding toward Yukine and looking at Hanabi with wide eyes, thinking about it, Bret has probably been up there awhile, if they stall any longer he might leave. Hako began to tug on Hanabi and walk in the direction of the stairs. "Talk you ya later Yukine!" She said giving him a wave.

Hako went through her plan in her head, she planned to listen in, hiding in the entrance door until Hanabi was done, then go out and confess and aid Hanabi in her confessing which she was going to do.

"Dancing squirrels, really?"

Isobe Hanabi

Hanabi sighed in relief when Hako helped and didn't poke fun of her right in that moment, which was something Hako loved to do. "Yep, we have to go to the roof, to uh stargaze- I mean cloudgaze!" At this point, Hanabi would've buried herself 2000 feet underground if it wasn't for Hako's hand tugging her away towards the stairs. She gave Yukine a small shameful smile and turned to walk away. But she felt the urge to look back, and she did. "S-See you at the Hanabi Taikai!" The words spilled out of her mouth clumsily and she quickly turned away, proud yet embarrassed with herself. It felt like a bit of weight left her shoulders and with Hako next to her, she felt way more confident.

"I mean, squirrels are pretty cute and funny looking, and with dancing mixed in how can anyone not love them?" Hanabi giggled, "But thanks so much for rescuing me, I'll let you eat for free at the udon restaurant for a week! How are we going to do this Bret plan of ours by the way?"

c076c9069cfc60835965ab9b5c0c19ef.jpg

Two kids having fun, playing in grassy fields. Yelling, laughing, rolling around and smiles filled his head. Sitting down at a tree watching the sun go down while holding the hand of his friend. another day of fun, feelings and thoughts went by, with warm sensations in the body.

was this a dream or a memory? Yasashi could not tell. although it did not matter, since his 6:00 am alarm woke him up as it did every morning. Grunting he woke up from his messy bed and shut the alarm off. Another day, another struggle, another adventure.

Cracking his knuckles, he got down to the floor and did his morning workout, first doing three sets of 100 pushups, and two sets of 100 Russian twists with his 50 pound dumbbell. Mark was on many of his schools sports teams, and had to do a tedious workout every morning. Although his work was tough, the results couldn't lie. doing this for about 2 years his body gained defied muscles and excellent flexibility. You could say that he was extremely fit, but he never really bragged about it. even for his football team, he was still small compared to them, only standing at 6 foot. but he had less fat and more defined muscles, giving him greater speed, agility and flexibility then his fellow teammates

Standing up, Yasashi was covered in sweat, with drips falling down his face, chest, arms and back. Breathing heavily, he grabbed a towel and wiped his face. after his workout, he would always follow it with a large breakfast, normally consisting of a few eggs, oatmeal or a bowl of serial and a glass of orange juice. Not only were these his favorite foods, but they helped him gain muscle and lose fat. good deal if you could ask him

following his morning routine he would take a long shower, normally about 20-30 minutes long, depending on how long his workout and breakfast took. Yasashi liked the feeling of the warm water trickle onto his skin, soak into his long blonde hair and his body as a whole. it helped him calm his mind and think about the day ahead of him. What are doing next in music? Should i do another art project? Will i get noticed? and the most common, Will i ever find love?.

with the two years of high school he had already been through, Yasashi never had a girlfriend, let alone many friends in general. He has a little lonely, but his imagination filled that hole, Always creating characters and stories in his head. Music filled his longing for love, and sports filled his longing for popularity.

After finishing his shower, Yasashi put oh his normal school attire. A dark blue dress shirt and normal looking jeans. he felt comfortable with wearing this, since it was his personal style. Yasashi put on his dark brown leather jacket. it was a bit tattered and broken into, making the leather vary soft. it was his fathers, before he died anyways. He gave Yasashi this jacket and cross necklace to remember him by, since his father wore the jacket and cross all his life. Yasashi never took of the necklace, the leather strap always staying around his neck. it was almost 7:30 am, so he swinged his backpack around his shoulders, and with his guitar case in hand, he left and walked to the school. Yasashi lived vary close, and loved the feeling of the cool early spring air, especially in the mornings.

Walking down the busy halls, like he always did, he noticed that some of the guys were a bit more silly and exited today. It was safe to say that Mark was one of the few respectable guys at his school, the rest being either too rude or too detached in their studies. everyone was talking about the Carnival and how they would confess their love to their crushes. Yasashi had a crush in mind, and had written a letter to her

"Dear Momoki"

"you probably dont know me, but ive had my eye on you for a while. ive been watching you all year and i think your really cool and cute and i want to get to know you better. i know your a bit shy, but i am as well, but can you please meet with me by the tree at the back of the school at the end of school?"

"meet you there,"

"Yasashi"

he was nervously grasping the letter in his sweaty hands. while walking past Momoki's locker, he slipped it in through one of the cracks in her locker and hoped for the best

HAKO HARUKI

Hako rolled her eyes at her friend, "You're too weird." She stated as they headed up the stairs. "Who would whisper about a squirrel? There's students all around that area, the squirrel wouldn't even come near us." Hako paused as she listened to her friend speak.

"We're gonna go to the roof, I'm gonna hide, you'll reject Bret and then go back down to ask Yukine to the Hanabi Taikai," she stopped in her tracks, stopping Hanabi as well since they had their arms linked and held her free hand up in case Hanabi tried to object. "And don't even try to fight back, you're doing it." She added before they continued walking. 

"Anyways, I'll confess, join you, and the day will be done." She said as they neared the door that opened to the roof.

Yamaji Hideyoshi

Yamaji wanted to feel almost sorry for her. Truely. He had a pretty good guess of what sort of emotions she was going through. Though, he had to give credit where credit is due. She was stronger than him. Emotionally, no less. But even with such immense strength, she still felt the lingering effects. Just like him. Today was a day that brought forth the best and worst of human nature. It was because of it; the day is set apart from the rest of the year. His eyes were left gazing back at her, while her sparkling eyes met his. The facial expression said it all. His eye's widened a bit. She's kinda cute now that I think about it. He wasn't sure where the notion came from. It was like if another part of him spoke for him. Thankfully he didn't blur it out, out of embarrassment. Otherwise, things would have taken a different route. He continued to watch as she took another sip, though this time more forcefully. He had gotten it all wrong. This wasn't an ignorant mistake. She knew what she wanted. She was using the flavour to act as a distraction for herself. Yamaji broke into a grin. Pushing off the wall, he ambled toward her. "Let me get that for you." effortlessly swiping the metal aluminum from her gripping hands. He turned back away, heading down the hallway where the trash bin was rested on the right side. Yet, walked right passed it. He stopped halfway only to face the glass window. Gently placing the juice on the windowsill, he stretched over to unhook the locks, pulling the window sideways open. As it opened, a warm, gentle breeze blew past his face. His hair fluttered around, dancing to its rhythm. The air was familiar to him. Picking the tin can back up, he held it in front of him for a few moments. Nodding his head, he winded his right arm back and threw the drink right out the window, speeding at around 100 miles per hour. He had a strong arm after all. The can flew across the school yard, smashing hard into the dirt ground, exploding with a mixture of purple liquid and bits of metal. The rest continued to ricochet until finally smacking against the concrete wall. The students below were in shock at the mess. One of them nearly hit by it. The can made such a disorder that you could see the trail of its pathway after the impact. The splatter of grape juice made it look like a murder scene. He turned to look at Sora, smiling with pride. "There you go. I don't think you need to worry about drinking it anymore." Suggesting he did a favour.

(Interacted: @Aes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back