• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom ɪɴᴠɪᴄᴛᴜs

Requielle

discord or occ thread depending on what the people want!

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
TL;DR Hunger Games RP from the perspective of the Victors not the tributes! Set post games during the pre-Quarter Quell celebrations! Political intrigue, betrayal, romance, drama and all that fun jazz associated with living in a gilded cage as a celebrity but also operating under the threat of death for yourself and everyone you love and the knowledge you'll have to lead children to their deaths annually. Do you take down the Capitol? Do you help the resistance? Do you just try to keep your head above water? Do you support the Games and hunger for the glory of it all?
tl;dr
To The Victor, The Spoils
Wear a necklace of hope, side by side with me?

Plot
To the victor, the spoils.

That is what you were promised in exchange for outliving and killing twenty-three other children, all just as scared and desperate to survive as you were, but now they lie down in the dirt and you find yourself crowned the winner of your Games.

They promised you riches, fame and glory for your district. They swore you would live a life of luxury if you won.

They did not mention the screams that would echo in your ears or the nightmares that would startle you awake each night. They did not tell you of the strings attached to your survival until the noose was firmly tied around your neck. Sometimes the tugging of the rope is all it takes to ensure your loyal obedience, sometimes families need to burn for the lesson to be learned.

They did not prepare you for the way it feels to lead children to their deaths each year; the tributes look at you with trust and hope in their eyes only for those, so terribly young, eyes to become lifeless by the end of the Games.

Sometimes you'll get a winner, there always has to be one. But that rarely feels like a victory, you know what awaits them.

Some thrive; finding pleasure in the fame, in the adoration of the masses and the reprieve that simply playing along with the show can bring. Victors know how to put on a show and to be adored you'll have to give them one worth remembering. Those who can learn to sparkle under the limelight and hide dark circles under makeup can thrive in the vipers nest which makes up the Capitol.

But most do not. You do your duty and go home to a village bathed in blood. For you have to bathe yourself in it to live there. You might have neighbours, you might not. Some districts are graced with the glory of multiple whilst some have a sole survivor to shepherd their children to their graves.

You all have to find a way to cope, to survive; do you throw yourself into mentoring? Seek absolution in the bottom of a bottle? Do you dance to the beat you're ordered to and avoid looking at yourself in the mirror? Do you stoke the flames of rebellion and dream of burning it all to the ground? Or do you find yourself loyal to the golden hand that is feeding you?

Whatever it is you do, whatever it is you seek, you are a Victor now and you'll be playing this Game for the rest of your life.

The Quarter-Quell promises to be the most exciting Hunger Games yet, a spectacle to be remembered for generations.

There is a president who has blood upon his lips as he demands more information from the Peacekeepers.

There is a golden coffin that contains one of your own.

There is a flicker rebellion in the air, a smoking gun fired in the hopes of dousing flames, a silencing of a voice before it could shout, whispers on the wind of backroom deals and a desire to break the cycle.

Will you join them?

♛​

Rules
1#
All RPN rules apply, please be civil and respectful to each other! We're all here to have fun in this hellscape!
2# Please try to post twice a week and communicate if something has come up and that means you can't post as frequently, so I can work with you to keep your character involved if that's what you wish.
3# If you have an issue with someone or with something in the RP please let me know!
4# No more than two characters per person and please have them be from different districts for the sake of balance!
5# In terms of wordcounts and lengths please try to do around 500 words minimum just so there's enough detail for people to work with.
6# Realistic face-claims are preferred, if you really wish to use art then please keep it as realistic as possible! No anime face-claims.
7# Work with me and the rest of the group when it comes to plotting, if you want your character to get some time to shine there'll have to be some give and take! I want everyone to get the chance to develop their characters the way they see fit.
8# Join the occ, it's the best way to make sure you're included in the plotting!

?# Less a rule and more so of a heads up but this is the Hunger Games universe, there are a lot of dark topics and so please be mindful entering into this space. There'll be nothing rule breaking but this is a universe where children are routinely murdered, the government are oppressive and the victors are treated more as objects than people. Please do not join if you think that will negatively affect you, it's not going to be a very graphic roleplay but the dark themes and subjects will be present and touched upon.

Ideally there'll be a balance between the loyalist Victors, the more neutral Victors and those actively stoking the flames of rebellion.

(also I'd be down and appreciative if anyone is interested in being a co-GM as this is my first ride lads!)

Last edited:
I had characters from 4 and 11 in a previous roleplay, but I'm very flexible if others are intent on having either of those. I'd say a tentative interested in either district but I'll also play it by ear.

I could possibly help you GM. I'm very familiar with Hunger Games lore as it's pretty much all I RPed several years back.

Thank you everyone for the interest! I'm assuming those who reacted are interested too. Making the links, do we prefer discord or a thread for occ?

what a neat concept! really interested

so interested!!! just to be safe before i join ooc tho: i didn't see anything about any age minimum (unless i skimmed over it) so i'm assuming this is ok for players that are -18?

A nice, fresh shift in perspective - and a bit more of a complex take on the setting. I like it. I volunteer for a spot. :)

>> been lurking and figured I'd include my interest as well! hunger games was my thing when I was teen lol

Found this way late but is it still open? Very interested in a potential hunger games RP!! ☺️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back