• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern —s.ɪ.ɴ—

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
❖ C R I M S Y N ❖

LOCATION | main roomMOOD | concernedWITH | gwendolyn mothspit mothspit eleonora peachpuff peachpuff lyla apolla apolla
❖❖❖

"Firehawk, Crimsyn said slowly, playing with the word as he wore his usual cheshire cat grin. "You know, I like that."

The firey-haired man would have no chance of continuing any pleasant chatter amongst fellow agents however, let alone teaching the newbies ways of sneaking in a sip or two of alcohol. No, a certain someone hacking the intercom had made sure of it.

Crimsyn knew his voice. That damn familiar voice. He knew it very well, but now was not really a time he'd wanted to be hearing it.

Just what in the hell was Pia thinking?

This kid truly had the worst timing. Crimsyn supported him and his pet cause UTOPIA of course, in fact it wouldn't have been too far off to say he was a sort of double agent for the rebellious group, feeding information to them and conveniently failing to ever track down their location, but... even a saint could be pushed to madness by their antics sometimes.

It wasn't long before one of S.I.N's high-ranking agents had cut off Pia's latest freedom rant, but this one had been public and a lot harder to ignore than any of the others. Great.

Crimsyn knew the boy was bold. It was an obvious fact, one that didn't really need stating. This was his most daring move yet however, and one he would have to discuss with the youth later. There was a grudging respect in him for just how shameless Pia had been, but it was reckless and could end up seriously backfiring on UTOPIA if they weren't careful.

Running a hand through the vivid hair that had served as his namesake, Crimsyn watched in silence as the others reacted. Anger, confusion, a little bit of... hope? The expressions were as varied as the faces themselves, though his eyes were drawn to one in particular, who was currently approaching him.

Eleonora looked concerned, though she was trying her best to hide it. Her voice was just the slightest bit stilted, it seemed she'd already been learning how to keep her composure.

Crimsyn sighed, giving her a slight and defeated smile which he also offered to Lyla once she joined the small gathering.

"Not everyone is a supporter of S.I.N or what they do," he answered honestly." There are a lot of people who value freedom over power. The person you just heard, well, he's one of them. Lyla is right, though. We're all safe here."

Safer than you know, he thought. As an insider to UTOPIA, he would know if they were planning anything major enough to pose a threat to the HQ. It seemed for now at least, the rebel group was content with mockery and gathering intel. Just what would happen when they weren't, well... Crimsyn didn't really want to think about it too much.

code by spookie spookie

full

0ca048321334c9fefb58d71af94bcd25.png
Stephen-James-Pause-Magazine-Benjamin-Glean-00.jpg
Caleb hadn't meant to surprise or startle her, but it seemed that he had done at least one of those things. He forced his features to soften some as her head jerked around to face him, something he could hear Lyla telling him to do in the back of his head. She was forever telling him he looked mean and unapproachable, and he was forever responding that he liked it that way. She would just fix him with this look, and it was that same look he saw in his head now.

Gwen's own features softened in response, and for a moment, Caleb wondered if Lyla was onto something. Deciding not to think about it, his eyes darted to the camera she gestured to and then promptly landed back on her and that coy smile of hers. As she explained her reasonings, Caleb realized that he liked the way she talked. There was something different about it and the way she carried herself.

"I can definitely tell." He agreed with her, looking once again towards the camera. "He definitely sounds like a child. A young, spoiled one who needs to be taught who he's messing with." Unknowingly voicing her thoughts aloud, he couldn't help but be surprised at what she admitted. His eyes drifted back towards her, taking her in again.

"That's the whole point." Caleb started slowly, tilting his head to the side some. "Growing up, I mean. We all have to do it sometime." He grew silent for a moment, and though he didn't want to admit it, he was curious about her. "What brought you to your realization? Of growing up, I mean." It was an invasive question and not his usual style, but he wanted to know.

"I remember life before here." He admitted, though he didn't seem to feel sorry about it. "SIN saved me. Gave me power and life, and a purpose I never thought I would have. But even before that, I hadn't been a child fora very long time. Life took that from me, long before it ever should have."

---
Tags: Gwen ( mothspit mothspit )

full

Code by apolla apolla

When that tattooed man expressed his opinion on the pompous brat ruining their morning, Gwen nodded, taking in all that he had to say. In a surprise twist of fate, they had similar origins-- Innocence torn from them far too soon. Something behind Gwen's coy demeanor cracked a little, and though she maintained that same aloof expression, something behind her eyes had... softened again, moreso than before. It was hard to find someone to relate to in this place. She had spent far too long wandering these halls with her head down, looking out for herself. When she finally decided to come out of her shell, it meant suppressing those old feelings of 'woe is me,' but she'd be lying to herself if she said, for once, she didn't want someone to understand. But, there was only so much she'd be inclined to share. All in the interest of surviving this place.

"..Kindred spirits, you and I." She said breathlessly after he finished speaking, the words dripping from her mouth like smooth velvet. Now he had her attention, a similar sense of curiosity overtaking her. Like that little itch in the back of her mind she had when speaking to Crimsyn. Though, it was only a matter of time before it got her in trouble, "..I was a victim of circumstance. The broken home, life in squalor and all that." She smirked somberly. Almost subconsciously, one hand ran up the back of her neck, running her fingers over the tips of old, white scars poking from the collar of her shirt. It was hard to see from this angle, but the scars themselves continued down beneath the fabric, implying they ran the entire length of her back, "..My entire life, I was always running away from what others had planned for me. Running to what, I don't know. By the time I looked down to see where I was standing, I realized there was nothing beneath my feet. S.I.N gave me something to stand on." It was an odd thing to say, if not strangely poetic. She soon regained her regal posture, her back stiffening and her chin raising when she looked to Caleb again. Tearing open old wounds was something she'd like to avoid, at least for now. Even if he was a pretty face. But when it came to answering his question-- What made her change-- She faltered, unsure of how to respond.

The truth was something she was ill-inclined to share. Unbeknownst to her, during those attempts of escape, they were running experiments-- Changing the layouts of rooms, creating false walls reinforced with different materials in an attempt to find something she couldn't phase through. And when they did, it didn't take them long to subdue her permanently-- Creating chains and an accompanying prison cell entirely from steel. For the remainder of her time in that cell, they would routinely visit to feed her, or offer her the alternative to the cage they had made for her. Eventually, they stopped visiting entirely, and the isolation and sheer loneliness was enough to wear her down. It fractured her mind. It was only then she decided enough was enough. Though, did Caleb not know this? He looked like someone with power, and if Crimsyn knew of her antics, surely he did too. But even if he didn't, she wasn't about to tell him. At least, not in a way that mattered.

"..I couldn't tell you how I ended up here. An accident, they told me. To this day I'm a little fuzzy on the details," She chuckled, tapping the side of her head, "But, once I arrived, I couldn't help but cause some trouble here and there. As children do." Her arms crossed over her chest with an amused smile, masking her woeful reminiscence with her typical charming flair, "You see darling, I have this little talent. One that was slightly... difficult for the boys upstairs to maintain, shall we say. Once they brought an end to our game, I was terribly bored. You can imagine what that does to a girl.

"How about yourself? Does that jawline come with a tragic backstory?"
She chuckled again. Conversation was nice, but Gwen liked to listen more than talk. Especially when it came to the agents above her. She wondered what kind of secrets he was keeping, too, and how deep they ran in tangent with this facility.

tags: apolla apolla (Caleb)

Last edited:
13338dcd1c7ace5a4ef06b29c777dcb9.jpg

SIN level: 2
Outfit: SIN standard uniform, but in black and with combat boots, because why not?
mood: annoyed & irritated
interactions: Rosario, Isaiah
tags: Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha , u k i y o u k i y o
KAI NATAKA

Kai had been lazily leaning aganist the wall near the refreshment tables, watching over the whole speech thing and what not. People who knew here avoided her, well except for the more higher ups. She recieved a few waves and hellos, which of course she returned despite her annoyed state. She hadn't even noticed the others at the refreshment tables until she heard her name. She turned to face the man who spoke to her, crossing her arms as she listened. One thing she observed first was his energy. It was...a bit much for her. She kept a straight face as he talked, giving him her undivided attention as she listened to his introduction. At the mention of 'going anywhere she wanted', she was confused. Unsure if he was referring to her ability or her level. Either way she couldn't go anywhere she wanted. Not without SIN's permission. Even with her ability, they would hunt her down. She was sure of it.

Still, she managed an awkward smile, not wanting to seem rude. She just wasn't a good candidate for small talk. "it's cool I guess. " She stated, looking away toward the crowd again. "It's ....a pleasure to meet you Rosario. " She probably had bumped into him before, but she didn't keep tabs on people unless she worked often with them. "Your ability....shifting.... right?" A guess given the food he was eating from the table. "Seems a lot more useful in a fight to me." She stated...rather bluntly.

The sound of a nearby glass breaking caught her attention and she looked passed Rosario and spoted another newbie, Isaiah. The boy was cleaning up a cup that had shattered and Kai sighed. "It's not the smartest idea to clean up glass with your bare hands kid." Kai stated, her attention immediately shifting to the intercoms as a voice filled the room.

The hacker or whatever he wished to refer himself as, just caused her to grow more irritated. First she had to listen to the same old speech, and now she has to listen to some kid talk about hope? She set her glass down and watched as some of the higher ups scambled to cut the intercoms and handle the problem. "Oh you've got to be kidding me." She mumbled, rolling her eyes. Her mode quickly heading down hill and the day hadn't even barely started. "Whoever believes that crap is a fool. Once your in SIN, there is no leaving it." She said, to no one in particular really.
coding by cychotic

Lucas Crowley
[class=wrapper] width:80vw; max-width:300px; height:400px; margin:auto;center; flex-wrap:wrap; border:1px solid #BAB6D7; overflow:hidden; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b8/4a/25/b84a2586b0dcb3772e50d037cef72f1e.jpg'); background-size:100%; z-index:3px; [/class] [class=scroll] width:90vw; max-width:330px; height:100%; overflow-y:auto; [/class] [class=textbox] width:80vw; max-width:300px; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:12px; color:#212121; padding:2px; background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.9); position:relative; top:420px; [/class] [class=overlay] width:80vw; max-width:320px; margin:auto;center; position:relative; top:-461px; left:-10px; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:25px; color:#fff; text-shadow:3px 2px 0px #BAB6D7; z-index:2px; [/class] [class=tags] opacity:0.0; width:80vw; max-width:320px; margin:auto;center; position:relative; top:-490px; left:-10px; text-align:right; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:10px; color:#ccc; z-index:3px; transition: all 0.3s ease; [/class] [class name=tags state=hover] opacity:1.0; transform: translateY(20px); [/class] [class=credit] width:80vw; max-width:300px; opacity:0.5; font-family:Heebo; font-size:8px; margin:auto;center; [/class]
[div class=wrapper][div class=scroll]
[div class=textbox]

mood: nervous/curious

mentions: q r o w q r o w

interactions: Kai

As Isaiah picked up the last pieces of glass, he deposited it onto a stray napkin on the table. He became more conscious of his voice and the noise he was making, secretly promising himself to not make another mistake like that. At least, not today. Before he could start cleaning up the drink spilled on himself, he hears someone addressing him. Glancing around, his eyes land on Kai. "Mhm." He agrees with her, nodding before sheepishly scratching the back of his head. "I've never seen a broom here though," he admits. There was a lot of things that he couldn't find, a broom being low on the list of embarrassing things, and a bathroom being one of the top five.

Before he has the chance to hear her response, there was another voice speaking over the intercom. Thinking that it was another announcement like earlier, he tuned in to listen. He could immediately tell that it wasn't someone who worked at S.I.N, and was immediately put on guard. He looked around to gauge the reactions of the others, to see what it was that he was supposed to do in reaction to someone having hacked their security system.

The newer ones— like him— appeared to be panicking at the new development. Sure, some of the higher ups and the security guards (at least he thought they were) were running around and trying to stop the intruder, but the older members of S.I.N, ones like Kai, appeared to be used to whoever was speaking on the intercom. The hacker (whoever he was) spoke of hope, and not giving up, which was completely unreasonable to Isaiah. Sure, he'd only been at S.I.N for a short time, but it was long enough for him to know that once somebody was in, there was no way for them to get out. He also knew that there was no chance of the "freedom" the other spoke of so confidently. He was dead as far as the rest of the world was concerned. And, even if he wasn't, he knew that his aunt and uncle would never welcome him back with open arms. Deep down, he knew that they were happy to have been rid of him.

He glanced around and looked back to Kai, seeing as she had been here for quite a bit longer than she had. "Uhm, does this happen often?" He asked, his voice quiet as he spoke the question. Should he be worried about the safety of S.I.N being compromised. What would happen if they were in fact under attack? Would he be expected to fight against the one that wanted to release him from the organization?

[/div][/div][/div][div class=credit]credits @RI.a[/div]

Eleonora Summer

Location: Main Room| Interacting with: Crimsyn, Lyla| Tag: spookie spookie , apolla apolla | Mood: Nervous/Antsy

Despite being with the agency for 4 years, she was often a bit naive and left in the dark about SIN’s enemies. Whether that be because of her bad memory, her choice, or perhaps others trying to shield her. Either way she kinda regretted being so vulnerable now, everyone else that was more higher ranked seemed to take it better than she did. Nora didn't want to be afraid either, but here she was.

As Lyla had approached, Nora managed to give a smile."Yes. It's Eleonora. They call me Nora though!" She said,calming down a little it. "I know we are safe.....I'm just worried is all..." She assured, her voice small.

Her attention shifted back to Crimsyn as he spoke, returning his defeated smile with a small smile of her own. Her eyes knitted together at his words, and she tilted her head in thought. She felt conflicted. She couldn’t leave the compound on her own, but SIN had rescued her and taken her in when she had no one. She hadn’t stopped to think the others she worked with came here any different. “I didn’t realize we had an enemy….” she paused looking at Crimsyn. “I guess everyone has their own view on the organization.” She said nodding to herself as if to confirm her words.

“Well should we worry about the rookies? They seem pretty divided and on edge since this person hacked the systems…” Nora asked, turning to the newer recruits of S.I.N. Some of them were murmering or observing the higher ups. The ones just watching made her more nervous than she already was.

code by Ri.a

full

0ca048321334c9fefb58d71af94bcd25.png
Stephen-James-Pause-Magazine-Benjamin-Glean-00.jpg
"..Kindred spirits, you and I."

If Caleb wasn't mistaken, although her expression hadn't budged an inch, something in the girls eyes had softened just a touch. He could recognize it, as he spent alot of time watching people and trying to learn to read them. Of course, not everyone was an open book, Caleb himself included. As she continued, he lifted his chin, drinking her in. The woman before him was poised, beautiful, and obviously powerful if SIN wanted her. It was just a matter of- how did she want to use her power? For SIN? Against SIN? For herself, for that matter?

"Some could argue that we are all victims of circumstance." He commented, though there was no malice or demeaning nature to his voice. "Some more than others." He let her finish her poetic yet vague story, one he realized only made him more curious about her. Her reaching up to touch the back of her neck hadn't escaped his notice, and he wanted to ask what wound it was that she was reopening. But she didn't seem inclined to share, and he couldn't blame her, so he didn't ask.

"You like to keep secrets." He observed, sidestepping out of someones way, barely sparing them a glance. Her comment about his jawline did bring a slight smirk to his lips, and he spared a moment to glance around the room. Never one to let his guard down for long, if at all, he finally allowed his gaze to settle back onto her. "I can't imagine there's anyone here without at least one secret."

His smirk softened some. "But I can tell you that none of us are accidents." Casting his eyes upwards towards the lights of the room, he barely had to concentrate to absorb some of the energy the lights put off, succeeding in dimming them some for the entire room. It was quick, maybe even missed by some people, but when he brought his eyes back down to meet hers he actually smiled. "I believe we're all here for a reason. My reason? I failed at protecting someone important. SIN gave me a second chance at that."

---
Tags: Gwen ( mothspit mothspit )

full

Code by apolla apolla

full

09770c6a62257d2cf3a8296c0ef83878.png
9dWMFck.jpg
"Not everyone is a supporter of S.I.N or what they do. There are a lot of people who value freedom over power. The person you just heard, well, he's one of them. Lyla is right, though. We're all safe here."

Lyla had glanced over at Crimsyn as he spoke, and she couldn't help but stare at him for a few seconds afterwards. There had been rumors of people wanting to overthrow SIN from within, though of course the leaders of SIN had heard the rumors and squashed them. But as someone who wasn't against the idea of a revolution, Lyla couldn't help but wonder. Who would it be? Who would be one what side?

What side would Caleb be on?

Turning her attention back to the girl, Lyla smiled at her. "It's nice to meet you, Nora. I know you're worried... it's easy to be worried when you're new. Even sometimes after you've been here a while." She wanted to reassure the girl, silently telling her that she had a friend. Someone on her side. Everyone did have an enemy; Nora was right about that. As a lower ranking agent, Lyla still hadn't experienced much time out of SIN since her arrival.

Some of the newer agents were starting to fidget a little more than usual. Frowning slightly, she glanced over at the wild haired agent again. "Maybe someone should say something? Someone higher ranking... someone respected." She pretended to think for a second, then tilted her head in Crimsyn's direction. "Maybe someone with fire-like hair."

---
Tags: Crimsyn ( spookie spookie ); Eleonora ( peachpuff peachpuff );

full

code by apolla apolla

[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d9/c9/bf/d9c9bfeecc7cd23adce729f2fa10d11c.jpg); Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#fbe7d1; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#142740; padding:5px;color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 15% - 20px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:10px SOLID #fbe7d1; border-bottom:5px SOLID #fbe7d1; width:15%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #142740; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"] 1585021578136.png [/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Rosario Zorro[/div]

Rosario had completely stopped eating and focused his full attention to Kai The small compliment on his abilities being more useful in a fight, 'Ah thanks but I'm still nothing more than a rookie pup when it comes to field work. The adrenaline makes me a hard one to work with especially for unexperienced people so it's kinda meh I guess. Plus the heightened senses really take a toll on yo-'. He was forced to stop mid-sentence as a voice overhead began spouting off about some sort of resistance or whatever. Rosario had never really thought of escaping especially with the few months that he had been in there custody.

'I can understand why so many would want freedom but in all honesty, do they really think the true fresh newbies could survive without being in a monitored facility. I don't really see how a large group of supernatural kids and adults would be able to hide among normal humans. Even harder for the ones with constant physical anomalies.' Rosario finally took notice of the hum of panic and the stench of tension and uncertainty that seemed to fill the room. Everyone was getting loud, too loud. It was starting to give him a throbbing migraine that caused his vision to blur around the edges. He found the nearest clear table and stood on it. One long deep breath was inhaled before he let out a sound similar to an animals roar/howl. The response was instantaneous with most voices dying out immediately.

The sound that exited his human form left his throat dry and caused him to cough a few times before a brave soul handed him a cup of water, Rosario muttered his thanks before standing up straight.'Okay everybody, y'all are at a 20 and I really need it back down to a chill 5, maybe 6. Acting crazy isn't necessary over some kid on the speaker. Chill out and just let higher ups handle it while we enjoy the little bit of party we have left.' He saw Nina aggressively miming for him to get off the table which caused him to turn slightly red, 'Sorry Miss Nina!' He hopped down quickly and was pretty oblivious to the stares he was receiving. [div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: q r o w q r o w | Mentioned: Everyone | Located: Main Room [div class="Line" style="margin-bottom:0px;"][/div]
[/div]
Code by @AgWordSmith
[/div]

"You like to keep secrets."

Gwendolyn forced a small giggle from the back of her throat. How true. Though, the way he looked around, ever alert of his surroundings, like the most paranoid of birds, he certainly had a story or two to tell. "Nature of the business, isn't it?" She shrugged slightly, gesturing with a nod and dismissive wave of her hand to the rest of them that filled the room, "We can't all wear our hearts on our sleeves. Not in this line of work." In particular, she singled out Damien with a jerk of her thumb. Only moments ago, before their morning rapport had been interrupted by the nameless rebel on the other end of the speaker, that dark-haired man had been terrorizing some of the new recruits, "That one, for example. I imagine theres a quite a few like him here, always a little too eager to stomp the more vulnerable beneath his boot."

Despite her denouncement of Damiens actions, Gwen fully realized she was one of those same people; Willing to crush the knuckle rather than lift them from the ledge. Although, she at least had some class about the whole endeavor. Only during training would she stoop to certain lows, enough to separate her from the rest and hopefully be praised for her effort. But actively putting the fear of God into them when the day was only just beginning? Unsportsmanlike. Low hanging fruit. While the lower level operatives were forbidden from leaving, they were leaps and bounds away from caged animals. No sense in acting like one when they didn't need to. Curiously, her eyes were transfixed on him for a moment, wondering just how much he differed from his fiery brother.

"I can't imagine there's anyone here without at least one secret."

She looked back to Caleb with a knowing grin, "Oh, certainly. Stick around long enough, I might just tell you one of mine." Gwen passed him a playful wink, "We'll see."

As he mentioned none of them taken into SIN's custody were accidents, she followed his eyes to the ceiling-- The lights their seemed to dim slightly, the entire room becoming just a tad darker as a result. Their eyes met each other when he again looked down, and he wore a charming smile. Gwen's head tilted to the side ever so slightly, her coy, curious gaze narrowing as she put two and two together. Now, what kind of ability was that? With all the commotion going on, others hardly seemed to notice it. She stared at him, her expression relaxing as she drank in his next few words, "I believe we're all here for a reason. My reason? I failed at protecting someone important. SIN gave me a second chance at that."

"Tragic indeed,"
She cooed sympathetically, her lids lowering slightly when she next took stock of his expression, "Sorry to hear that, darling. A handsome, capable man such as yourself, I'm sure she was just as stunning."

No sooner had the words left her lips, had there came a thunderous roar from across the room. The very sound made Gwen jump, and when she whipped her head around to see where it had came from, there was.. a man, stood upon the table, catching the attention of everyone in the room. He urged them to calm down, getting a deep roll of the eyes out of Gwen. It definitely said something about the state of moral here when thats what it took to shut them all up. It would be incredibly easy to surpass them all at this rate.

"Thank you for that, Simba. I'm certainly awake now."

mentions: apolla apolla Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back