What's new
  • If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern S t a r t i n g L i n e | [Now Utilizing BNHA's patented Quirk System!]

Sub Genres
Anime, AU, LGTBQ Friendly, School, Slice of Life, Super Powers

Romdeaux

S t a r t i n g L i n e
So, this is an ages old roleplay of mine I've repurposed into something more *accessible* and *trendy* for the kids, yknow?
idk,the concept is fun, im still working on the fine details, but yeah, this is gonna be it pretty much. about halfway between "Inspired" and "alternate universe",
I'll just finish this up after a bite to eat and see if we get any takers.

if this makes it, and you make a character, I will judge that creation more harshly than has ever been done before. :^)

[i'm all out of writing juice someone send help]

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-THE CITY-
March 14, 2005.
-Detroit MI, USA-

Record snowfall has enveloped the city in a white haze, burying cars, forcing together families and muffling the bustle of city life in downtown Detroit. Winds howl as they have the past few days outside of [the school], windows on the first floor buried, and doors locked. The Children are ushered into the dining hall for lunch, and it is early afternoon by any accurate clock. Orphans by fate like any other, The children are some quiet, some boisterous. This particular group of children is special, however, they are among an ever growing population of children across the globe who are being born with extraordinary powers. Some can move objects with their minds, others make themselves invisible, or produce fire from thin air. They are, however, still just children, growing, learning, unsure and stray. With the discovery of these abilities comes a question of personal worth, of identity and placement.

Today is an ordinary day in at [the school].

-THE SCHOOL-
[the school] was originally constructed in [year] as part of a childcare facility in Michigan and since then it had housed anywhere from one- to two-hundred children. In recent years, following the advent of superhuman young across the world, the school was one of a few that were retrofitted to house children that were abandoned or taken into custody as a result of their unique abilities. Since September of [year], [the shcool] has maintained an influx of around 4 children per year, and to date houses {#].

The school is equipped with standardized childcare facilities, including lodging, non-denominational faithkeepers, a cafetorium, a gym, play areas, gardens, etc. The grounds have been equipped with securities both for the defense of the children, occluding intruders that might wish them harm, and for the safety of the staff, in the event of uncontrolled quirks. Most areas feature magnetically locking doors, able to seal each section of the building independently in emergencies.

-THE PEOPLE-
[characters go here]​

Duwang

No Weakness
NGL, I'm pretty surprised by how many super hero school RPs I've been in way before My Hero Academia was a thing.

Romdeaux

NGL, I'm pretty surprised by how many super hero school RPs I've been in way before My Hero Academia was a thing.
a fair observation. i kinda hate it tbh.

This was originally an orphanage, didnt even have anything to do with bnha, but it feels like any time i make a roleplay it dies for seemingly no reason. idk. i just wanna roleplay superpowers with people and not have it die. id love for it to involve the hyperdetailed setting i had dreamed up, but even that didnt work and now i had to shoehorn in a bunch of anime shit :/

PlusUltra

Two Thousand Club
Supporter
I may be interested, so core concept is Super Orphans in a school for the gifted? What sort of age are characters expected to be? (not really a fan of playing too young.)

Romdeaux

okay so. hhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

yeah uhh. yeah. YEAH.

okay. so.

the orphan school concept lends itself well to an open character base where people can sorta join up as they see fit and can be easily written in, yknow? so i never really had a hard limit on numbers.

B U T

in terms of age, i was definitely thinking somewhere around middle school, maybe even younger, idk.

i've always had this soft spot for giving spaces where young characters can be explored, its a really different style of character that isnt really seen much i dont think.

T H A T S A I D .

im still working out whether or not the idea is gonna be a school, which boards orphans, or more of an orphanarium that teaches kids. right?

so any feedback on that choice would be welcome.

but im gonna get started on writing out the roleplay now, so, ill have that up in at least a tentative sense tonight. :)

And here it is

Last edited:

Romdeaux

Take your time. A good story/RP takes time and planning. Take some time to get stuff figured out if you want to. There's no rush.

Oh absolutely, it does help that ive had a large chunk of this setting written out for a long time, but yeah, ill be fleshing everything out over the next few days.

Romdeaux

Interesting. I think this is a cool idea. Count me in.
Ay, I'll bite.
I'd be interested! How many characters are you wanting?
I may be interested, so core concept is Super Orphans in a school for the gifted? What sort of age are characters expected to be? (not really a fan of playing too young.)
Hello I'm interested as well.
Idk if you folx are still interested, but here's the actual post :V

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)