• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom ★ ɪʀɪᴅɪᴜᴍ ❜ ᴀɴ ᴇʟᴅᴇʀ sᴄʀᴏʟʟs ʀᴘ

Skawly

Local Cryptid

9mSugcC.png

Hello!

So, I love the Elder Scrolls. Can't get enough of it; but with Skyrim being 10 years old and after having put an embarrassing amount of hours into it, I find myself wanting more from the series again. So, no, this isn't the standard Skyrim, or even Oblivion RP, but something in an entirely different time and place.

Set about 150 years after the events of Skyrim, Iridium takes place on the small island of Stirk within a technologically advanced city called Nova Maphral. The city originally started as a refugee camp for those escaping Thalmor persecution and over time, drew in various people from all walks of life, gradually advancing into a bustling city. The city is known for its unique technology constructed from a mysterious material called Iridium that has remained a wonder to all but the few who know of its origins.

As strange anomalies increase in and around the island, passage to and from the city has become increasingly perilous, along with life on the island itself. After an airship travelling from Anvil, Cyrodiil to Nova Maphral plummeted shortly off the coast, only a few survivors were found, while the others and even the airship itself was never seen again.

These survivors will soon find that they hadn't left the accident unchanged. In fact, they had developed a strange magical ability; one that has a connection to the mysterious metal and in turn, the city itself.

The plot is inspired by some of the weirder bits of Elder Scrolls lore, but you don't have to be a lore buff to join! The cool thing about the lore is that nobody really understands it, so we'll all be confused together. ❤

What I'm looking for!
Preferably, you'd be familiar with the Elder Scrolls series. Even though I plan on diving into some of the stranger, more obscure concepts, I'm not immediately going to drop you into it. It'll be eased into and I'd be happy to explain anything you don't understand about the lore!
What does "semi-lit" mean anyway? Honestly? No idea, but I'm a big fan of quality over quantity. If typing big, meaty paragraphs is your thing, then I'm cool with that, but I'm not opposed to shorter posts when not a whole lot of prose is called for. I personally like dropping a paragraph or two just to be sure I give everyone enough to work with, so if that's also something you're comfortable with, then great!
As someone who's been role playing for about 12 years, I prefer to write with people who have a good bit of experience themselves. You don't necessarily have to have as many years of experience as me, but I do want someone who knows how to contribute to a story and build compelling characters.
Though I have ideas for events that could happen over the course of the RP, I don't want to feel like I'm railroading you into everything, so I'm cool with you throwing your own ideas at me, granted they suit the overall setting or themes. Sub-plots and detours to the main story are very welcome, but I also don't want them to take over, either.
I'd prefer most people who join be 18+. It's not that I plan on getting into super dark themes or think people under 18 are inherently bad writers, but as someone in their mid-20s, I'd feel super weird being the only adult in a group of teenagers, if it came to that. I may become more lenient with this in the future, but for now, I'd prefer to write with people a little closer to my age.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of the elder scrolls so I am definitely Interested! You should change the font color for the post, I had to change from night mode to make it more visible.

This is a very fun idea- I love the elder scrolls to death, but I don't know if I'm enough of an expert with the lore to do something too strict with it. This, on the other hand, seems like a fun take on the genre, and pretty refreshing as well! Tentatively interested for sure.

Hello! This is quite a neat concept, and i've been itching for some good fantasy RP lately.

I was thinking about making a redguard sword-singer . . . perhaps from a group that faced persecution from the thalmor for their practice and relocated to the island for sanctum. There's not a lot of info about sword-singing, but I'd keep it in line with other forms of magic and significantly weaker than the more realized stories of tonal manipulation—so not continent splitting. I just thought that it might be fun to try and explore that area!

I might make a thalmor spy. Have they expanded alot in the last 150 years? Just curious I know what sort of race I can play apart from hight elf.

Xao Xao
That sounds really interesting! I'd love to see where you go with that. That could also might make for an interesting combination with the new powers, if you so choose! I'll be getting the full info page and everything up soon so you all can get a better idea of how everything works.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
I wanna say that like, contract-wise and everything, they're still about the same. The White-Gold Concordat is still in place and they've sort of slowly, but surely made themselves a part of the Empire and some of their decision-making. Talos worship is still banned, humans may be less often chosen for leadership roles, if the Thalmor has weight on the decision.

If you're asking in general, I'm cool with any race in the series, granted they aren't extinct or suspected to be. As for a Thalmor character, besides an Altmer, I'd also say Bosmer or Khajiit, given Valenwood and Elsweyr being under Thalmor control for some time.

I am a huge Elder Scrolls fan and all of its weird lore so count me as super duper interested. :hornstongue;

I'd be interested. I loved the Undeath Skyrim mod and other 'evil' mods (Dukkhas Forbidden Death Magic was tons of fun) so I might play a Necromancer.

are we delving into metaphysics here? if so (or if not lol) I'd love to make a metaphysics scholar/spellsword.

Moomba Moomba
Some weird time/space/magic stuff is defs gonna go down, though I'm not 100% sure what you mean by a metaphysics scholar/spellsword. Sounds interesting, though, and we could definitely work something out with that once I get all the info up!

Moomba Moomba
Some weird time/space/magic stuff is defs gonna go down, though I'm not 100% sure what you mean by a metaphysics scholar/spellsword. Sounds interesting, though, and we could definitely work something out with that once I get all the info up!
Sorry if that's a bit confusing i should have worded it better. Basically I want to do an adventuring scholar in the vein of Indiana Jones who's skilled with both magic and normal weaponry.

Xao Xao
That sounds really interesting! I'd love to see where you go with that. That could also might make for an interesting combination with the new powers, if you so choose! I'll be getting the full info page and everything up soon so you all can get a better idea of how everything works.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
I wanna say that like, contract-wise and everything, they're still about the same. The White-Gold Concordat is still in place and they've sort of slowly, but surely made themselves a part of the Empire and some of their decision-making. Talos worship is still banned, humans may be less often chosen for leadership roles, if the Thalmor has weight on the decision.

If you're asking in general, I'm cool with any race in the series, granted they aren't extinct or suspected to be. As for a Thalmor character, besides an Altmer, I'd also say Bosmer or Khajiit, given Valenwood and Elsweyr being under Thalmor control for some time.
Good to know, i usually play Breton but i would like to try other races with this one. I will have a good think on it.

Xao Xao spacepirate spacepirate Abendrot Abendrot ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Elenion Aura Elenion Aura coeur coeur Gravitational Force Gravitational Force Moomba Moomba
Thanks for responding, everyone!

Here's a link to the lore page!
Also the character page should be linked somewhere on there as well, if you want to get started.

I also made a Discord server, so pop in if ya have any questions or ideas! It'll also serve as our main OOC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back