• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

-- ᴘʟᴏᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɪᴄᴀᴛʜᴜʀᴜs ☼ -- { detailed, original fantasy, modern, and futuristic }

void31

Previously Icathurus
UPDATED 11.25

plots with

I c a t h u r u s

SCI-FI ////////FANTASY//////// MODERN

About

Hello everyone. ❤️

My name is Icathurus (don't ask what it means, even I'm not sure), or Hope, if you're feeling extra friendly today (but I don't mind one way or the other). This is the second plot thread I've opened up here on RPNation, and I have to say, I like it a
lot better than my first. Lately I've been just filled with ideas--you know how it is--and I'm a more than a little excited to put them into action.

That said, a little about myself (forgive me in advance, I'm terrible at writing introductions):

I'm a student by day and an aimless young writer by night, and I've been role-playing for about six or seven years now. My style has since grown from one-liners to multiple paragraphs, but, like most aspiring writers, I'm always looking to improve myself.

My preferred genres cover just about every subject, from modern to fantasy to sci-fi. I like to think I'll try anything at least once. Writing itself can be a pain, but role-playing with someone else is most certainly a guilty pleasure of mine.

So: if you've held on this long and find yourself curious still, I applaud you! I only ask that you read everything written below before contacting me about pairing up (I know it's a pain, but we'll both regret it more if you don't). Otherwise, Godspeed, and I look forward to writing with you! ~

Rules

- I am a detailed role-player, and would strongly prefer my partner to be the same. Though I really do hate to exclude people, if you write less than 3-5 decent-sized paragraphs, you're likely better off with someone else. (Of course, not every turn requires as much; good writing means varied length, and I don't expect a full essay on every post.)

- Likewise, grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. is a must (I don't care about the little things, no one does—at least I hope not—but you know what I mean).

- You should be relatively active, able to manage at least one post every few days or so. Of course, if life is in the way, I understand completely.

- For some plots, you may have to play some minor/background characters as well as your own, so be sure you're willing to and capable of doing so (especially if you choose a more complex plot).

Preferences

Concerning the majority of the following plots, here are a few guidelines that you might care to take note of:

- I will almost always play a male role. (For some reason or another—although there are a few exceptions—I just can't get quite as "into" female roles.)

- I have a moderate preference of male/male over male/female, but relationship types are often flexible unless stated otherwise. I do
not do female/female relationships, and I'm sure that must sound absolutely horrible. Know that it's not at all a matter of my personal beliefs; I'm just not very good at portraying them! </3

- That said, romance isn't mandatory (some of these plots exclude it completely, in fact), but please be realistic if you're interested! I want complex interactions before anyone falls "head over heels" for anyone else. Let's keep things dynamic. It's always more fun that way.

- Themes such as violence/gore, angst, and all-around suffering are always fun, but keep in mind that an excess of bad situations can get just as dull as an excess of good situations. So, again, let's be dynamic! If every scene was a patch of sunshine or misery, we'd never get anywhere with our story.

- I am equal parts passive and aggressive in my role-playing (meaning I occasionally like to let someone else push the plot, and occasionally like to do it myself), so I'm looking for someone who would define themselves similarly. Not only should your characters be interesting, but so should your ideas! Don't be afraid to pick up where I've left off, or give me a little push if I'm being lazy. (:

And last but not least:
don't be a stranger. If there's ever anything you're uncomfortable with or need to talk about, I'd be happy to oblige. The most important thing about writing with someone is that we're both enjoying ourselves, and I'd hate for that not to be the case because I wasn't aware of your needs or wants. So don't be shy; I don't bite. ❤️

Plots

And here they are! Beneath each title is a brief overview of the idea, including information such as the genre, theme, preferred relationship type, etc. If you'd like any further information, let me know! I will play Muse B in each of these; however, if you prefer otherwise, I'm sure we could work something out.

Once you find one you're interested in, message me (if you can) and I'll expound upon the details. Listed at the bottom are a few more ideas that haven't really come together quite yet. If you find yourself particularly interested in one, I'd love to discuss the possibilities with you!

There will
always be at least five plots listed here. When one is claimed, it will be removed and replaced with another. If you're not interested in any of my plots but have an idea of your own, I'd love to hear it as well.

Enjoy. ❤️

Stained Pages

(Futuristic - Robotics; MxM or MxF)

Muse A is the estranged child of an esteemed "human engineer", reunited in their successful young adulthood with Muse B, their semi-human-turned-completely-human guardian, after a ban on human-robotic engineering has been lifted. Though B is now considered potentially lethal, A hesitantly goes against societal discouragement and makes the attempt to rehabilitate him into his new, one-hundred-percent human lifestyle.

How The Mighty Fall

(Modern - High School; MxM or MxF)

Muse A, student body president of Kerrington High, clashes with the eccentric, bizarre Muse B, the previous student body president, impeached the previous year for a myriad of undisclosed personal reasons. A finds themselves caught in a deadlock when their conflicting emotions for B allow the latter to get away with just about anything he pleases--life-threatening crimes included.

Regicide

(Alternate 60s history - Zombie Apocalypse; MxM or MxF)

Muse B is the new leader of a war-torn country ravaged by the brutality of the undead. Muse A, his personal assistant, is burdened with an even greater task: keeping his secret--the fact that he was bitten and unturned, creating a hazardous result--from the suspicious nature of the Administration, the perils beyond their walls, and the insurmountable wrath of the people.

Crocodile Tears

(Modern - Demons; MxM)

Muse A is a young outsider in a provincial little Georgia town, ridiculed for his subtle but increasing doubt in the community's revered religious code and his hesitant attraction to Muse B, a quirky, handsome stranger who has since been accused of demonic intentions. As it turns out, there's truth in the gossip--but A is reluctant to let anyone know about it.

Break City

(Modern fantasy - Vampires & Werewolves; MxM)

Muse A (werewolf) and Muse B (vampire) are the exiled leaders of two fiercely feuding species who have since been forced to come to terms with each other in the cramped quarters of Lower Manhattan. Separated by clashing personalities and general loathing for the other's kind, they find themselves gradually becoming reliant on one another as grudges from their old clans turn into violent retaliation.

Thank you for your patience. ❤️

The Clockwork Dilemma

(Modern sci-fi - Time Travel; MxM)

Folie Imposée

(Modern fantasy - Vampires; MxM or MxF)

Currently Under Construction

Hello, I'm Est.

Despite having made my account quite some time ago (I'm still not 100% sure how the site works), this happens to be my first post — mainly because I just haven't found the time to be active. However, now that I have a couple days of the week moderately available, I've decided that it would be an appropriate time to pick up my metaphorical pen and begin writing again. If you want to PM me, I can give more detail about my experience, my posting length, my preferences, etc, as well as a writing sample if you'd like one. Out of the provided plots,
Break City seemed to catch my eye, and if The Clockwork Dilemma and/or Folie Imposée are finished enough for you to explain the storyline to me, I would love to hear them as well because both titles sound super interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
How The Mighty Fall and Crocodile Tears sound really interesting. PM me if you can~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back