• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Rythe Psychological Research Center

Cassandra couldn't help but to roll her eyes at his antics. "Privacy is rare around here. Pretty sure it's already been violated about a thousand times in the last three years I've worked here." She stated, raising her eyebrows daintily. She followed after him and let out a pleased chuckle as he walked towards the machine. "Suppose I'll just have to owe you." She mused, a mischievous expression crossing her features before she simply went blank, the only undeniable trait being her eyebrows scrunched together, as if she was confused. Glancing up towards the camera, she turned her head to the side, staring intently. She thought about his words for a moment, before she allowed her gaze to drop to the table in front of her. Biting her lip, she glanced away, her eyes landing on the small dog below, who sat at her feet, staring quizically up at here. "What's up, pup?" She said, slipping down from the stool and crouching before him. She simply extended her palm, watching him as he tentatively licked at her fingers. She smiled and moved closer, both her hands brushing his fur as she tried to remove some lettuce that had stuck to under his collar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trent chuckled. This girl made him chuckle a lot. Maybe he was just too easily amused? He didn't really care for the specifics, honestly. "Oh I don't doubt that." He muttered, filling the second cup. He simply winked at her when she mentioned owing him. 'What could this human possible have that I would really want?' He thought, finishing with the machine. "Here" He said, placing the coffee where she was seated. He then took noticed of her grooming of Jack. He again chuckled. "Careful, he might grow to love you more than me." He smirked, rounding the bar and taking the seat next to hers, holding his coffee in both hands, enjoying the warmth. Jack was just loving the attention, his tail wagging fiercely.

Fenrir nods, understanding completely. He then lies back on the bed with Keam, a feeling of complete relief washes over him for some unknown reason,

"Ok, sweet dreams." Fen says softly before slowly drifting off to sleep. Fenrir never really liked to sleep, mostly because he'd usually have nightmares or not even have a dream or a nightmare. Fen never really new how sometimes you simply just don't dream, science and such like that really confuses him.

@Nutter

A buzzing sound came to the hallway, down near the laboratory. It was the noise the camera's and florescence bulbs made as they powered back on.

As the lights slowly lit up the hall, and the camera's scanned, they would find the 'good' doctor in mid turn, facing the two orderlies.

"These patients are fragile. Some can be quite dangerous." Dr. Wiler moved his hand up to his glasses, shifting them as if he was about to remove the spectacles, but instead simply aligned them better upon the bridge of his nose. The glare never left his lenses, as he sighed lightly, running his tongue along his lips. It was incredibly red in color, actually leaving a dark burgundy smear at the left side of his mouth. " Keeping them all, on the path......too recovery...is mandatory." His hand touched the mark at the side of his mouth, as he wiped it away, letting out a soft, strange huff.

The orderlies had been staring at the doctor the entire time. Staring at him, without expression on their faces. They didn't blink, not once, the entire time. Nathaniel smiled, a rather nice curve of the lips, far less like his usual menacing form of the same expression. " You know the rest."

Waving his hand, he turned and walked away, heading towards the staff lounge. The two guardsman both looked at one another, then broke their hypnotic stare, becoming less rigid. " You catch the game last night? Mannnnn, Gracy is gonna take that team to the top!" Just like that both men continued on their way as if in the middle of patrol.

Cassandra's eyes stared down at the little dog as he turned and rolled onto his stomach, his belly exposed and his legs moving to press his paws against her arm as he whimpered towards her. "Silly puppy." She cooed as she scratch at his stomach. She watched as Jack rolled back onto his paws and stood, jumping up on her knee and barking once, before his tongue lolled out of his mouth and began to lick at her palm. Cassandra shook her head and stood, staring down at him as he continued to skip about, barking away. She was glad they were alone; she didn't want anyone to fight over the charming dog, who simply could not contain herself.

Turning around, she was greeted to the sight of Trent casually sitting in the seat beside her, holding the cups in his burly hands. "They look so small when you hold them." She mused as she slid into her seat and turned towards him, her knee skimming the side of his chair. Pressing the warm glass to her lips, she couldn't hold back the hum of satisfaction she made. Raising her eyebrow, she gave him a teasing smile. "You know how to make my coffee the way I like it." She stated and grinned widely, leaning her head against her arm as she gave him another cheesy grin. "Where have you been all my life?" She asked rhetorically, a small laugh escaping her parted lips. @DivineParadox

The two slept for a long time, but Keao eventually woke up because she just wasn't used to having a person beside her. A good portion of her energy had been replenished, but the spirit didn't dare move from her position on the hard bed lest she rouse the man beside her.

As per usual with the patients' rooms, it was dark in his dorm. Keao's green eyes hadn't yet adjusted, so it was difficult to tell what Fen's face looked like while he dozed. Was he calm? Content? Troubled? Frustrated? She let out a small sigh, brushing her long hair away from her face and leaned back against the wall. Humans were difficult creatures...

@Stew

Trent smiled as he watched the two interacting. Such a loving creature. Was he talking about her or the dog? Both he decided, wondering how she got into this nut house in the first place. He chuckled when she mentioned his hands. " They are small." He held the cup to his face, not drinking it because it would make him sick, but just enjoying the warmth. Peeking over at her Trent threw a smile. "I've been right here." He responded anyway even though he knew her question was rhetorical. He had forgotten how much fun it was to flirt around. "What were you originally going to do before this place? " He asked, returning his gaze to the dark liquid.

@Radical Thinker

Fen wakes up shortly after Keam did, drowsiness still enveloped him in a seemingly-endless veil before quickly receding away from the nooks of his brain. Fen realized that for once in quite a while, he had a good dream; he was walking along a country road near a town in the daylight, he felt nice and warm and a very peculiar song played while he strutted towards the town with not a care in the world. A girl suddenly joins him by his side as they walk towards the town, arms joined together, the girl then leaps up into his arms and he carries her into the town.

Fen smiles and giggles at the thought of the dream before looking over at Keam. It had felt as though something had flicked in Fenrir, he quickly, but carefully, got up without trying to disturb Keam since it was unknown to Fen that the girl was awake. Fenrir gets up and walks outside at a somewhat brisk pace, he does this as quietly as possible, Fen turns once he reaches the door and looks at Keam lying on his bed before stealthily opening his door, sliding out, and then closing his door. Fen leans against the wall outside of his room, he was suddenly feeling a feeling that was strange to him, it was a mix between happiness and longing, but he felt it towards the girl he had only met a couple of hours ago.

Could this be what people call,

Love?

@Nutter

[media]
[/media]

By the time Keao realized that Fen was awake, he was already up and out of the bed. She didn't have the chance to say anything before he slipped out of the room - not that she would have been fully able to say anything, anyway. Sighing, she flipped onto her stomach and buried her face into the small pillow Fen had let her hog. Her long brown hair spread over her back like a silky blanket, but she still shivered in the chill of the darkness.

Keao was frustrated. It was hard for her to be here, where everything was alien and strange and painful. She couldn't go out, she couldn't communicate properly, she could hardly move on some days. The people here were cruel and unforgiving, and it was her own general rule to keep interactions with others to a minimum. She was forced to act human, but how could she? It simply was not who she was. Not that they cared. She has the scars on the tops of her ears where they cut off the tips to make them less pointy and noticeable to prove that fact. This wasn't the problem, though. All of this just made her drive to find a way home stronger, so Keao would bear with it. No - the issue lay with this feeling of comfort suddenly forming within her heart.

And that truly terrified her.

"Fen?" The brunette glanced at the door, curling her toes. With mixed feelings, she pushed herself out of the bed. Keao crossed the room and carefully opened the door a mere sliver, just enough for her to see into the hall with one eye. The white light made her shrink back as per usual, but she braved it. She drew a shaky breath and quietly called out once more, trying to find her voice. "Fen?"

((Hehehe ^-^ @Stew ))

Fenrir spins around, his face was suddenly pink with a nonsensical blush,

"Oh-Oh! Keam! It's you! Did you get enough rest?" Fen walks up to her, he obviously looked embarrassed by something, but what was he embarrassed by? Fen had a happier look than he had earlier, he seemed to be a tad bit more perked up today.

@Nutter

Nodding, the young woman opened the door further and did her best not to wince under the artificial light that flooded into the room. Nature spirits rejected all unnatural substances, but Keao was slowly becoming accustomed to them. When she had first came here, she couldn't be exposed to the stuff for more than five minutes without experiencing extreme amounts of pain. Now she only felt a sharp prickle on first contact, with a buzzing, tingling sensation following. She looked up at Fen, forcing herself to ignore all the rest and focus on getting her words right.

"I feel better," Keao stated, shifting on her feet. Fen's face was red, which she'd only seen happen to other humans when they were angry or exerting themselves. He was smiling slightly, though, so he couldn't be angry with her, right? And he didn't seem to have been exerting himself, but she couldn't really tell. With some degree of anxiousness, she reached out and held onto Fen's shirt sleeve. "Did you have 'sweet dreams'?"

@Stew

Fenrir smiles one of the biggest smiles he's ever smiled as he walks closer, he grabs Keao's shoulders in a happy manner,

"YES! I HAD THE BEST DREAM I THINK I'VE EVER HAD!" Fen exclaims in an overjoyed manner as he remembers the dream, he could remember every second of it, every detail, even every word that was spoken in the song that was playing. Fenrir brings Keao inside his room and sets her on his bed again, he then proceeds to start and explain his dream with every detail, up until he gets to the girl,

"And then there was this girl and she was walking beside me! And after she kept walking, she jumped into my arms and I carried her into the town! The girl she-she looked like..." His mind suddenly drew a blank as Fen thought hard about what the girl looked like. This causes Fen to get a bothersome look upon his face as he desperately tries to remember what the girl looked like.

@Nutter

Sid was rushed back to his room when the cafeteria incident occurred, the orderlies didn't want him to be frightened, which wasn't that hard to achieve with this one. "Who was the girl talking to Roland? It didn't seem to be Mr. Dimauro or Ms. Lady Orderly." There was silence as Roland answered telepathically. Sid's skin covered with goose-bumps and his hair stood on end. He didn't mind though, those sensations were normal when Roland talked that way. It was easier to listen that way, the ghost used more energy speaking than he did by using telepathy. Although he probably could speak audibly with all the power he receives from Sid on a daily basis. Understand, acknowledging this spirit gave him power, it fed him and Sid was more than willing to keep him around. "Is there a chance these 'voices' she hears could be like you? Maybe they're her friends." Sid's eyebrows furrowed as he listened, shuddering gently because of the extended encounter. Sid sat up on his cot, legs crossed over themselves still clad in his pajamas. "One day I will really understand you, Roland. I promise. I will not disappoint you." Sid smiled at the ghost's response, then frowned. "I don't want to get dressed..." He pouted, crossing his arms over his chest. After a little while of listening he finally sighed in resignation. "For you..." He mumbled as he hopped off his bed and rummaged through his dresser. After finding what he was told he went to lay it on the bed. He smiled at himself. What Sid called his grown up clothes were lain neatly across the bed; a pair of soft gray pants, slightly wrinkled but not distastefully so, and a deep red button-up shirt. He dressed himself, and was very proud.

After changing, he asked the orderly through his door if it was safe. The orderly nodded and opened the door for him, taking note of his attire. "Going on a date, champ?" He asked, accompanied with a soft laugh. Sid shook his head. "Nope. Roland wanted me to get dressed. So I did! All by myself!" The guard chuckled. "I'd sure hope so." Sid smiled big and waved at the man as he left, heading for the library like originally planned.

[[ @aja maji He's all freed up!]]

With a strange, though elegant swiftness, Dr. Nathaniel Wiler was within the staff lounge as if he'd been there for most of the day. Although his presence usually developed feelings of unease within the most steely individual, the figure held a coffee mug with " #1 Doc" comically displayed with a white coat wearing kitten. Removing a tea bag from the steaming cup, he stirred in a pinch of salt, turning to survey the room.

Seeing both Ms. Connors and Mr. Dimauro present, the doctor managed not to raise a brow; as interested in why the two would be conversing as he was. Instead he slowly turned to the door leading out of the lounge, lifting his hand to fix his dependably glared glasses he lowered his hand, lifting his cup as if moving in time with some sort of unseen clock.

A male with short red hair moved into the room. His dark green eyes seeming to light up as they fell upon Nathaniel.

The figure in the doctors outfit smiled and lifted his cup for another sip, then moved forward, past the male who seemed lost in thought. " Have a pleasant day, Timothy..." Dr. Wiler exited the lounge, beginning his trek to the patients dorms.

The red haired male seemed to snap back into presence, a smile growing on his face that became a laugh. He appeared to remember a funny moment, as he wiped a tear away and strolled over to the counter to make his lunch.

Trent felt a slight... disturbance. He narrowed his eyes down at his cup. 'Did a patient make is down here somehow?' He thought glancing behind him only to see Doctor Wiler as he was leaving. 'When did he get in here?' He thought, his eyebrow raising. A little confused as to how the doctor got past him without his noticing. Then he heard the laugh. "The hell?" He muttered, looking to the newcomer, watching him go about his makings. "'Ey." Trent said, addressing the new man. "What's so funny, there?" He asked, eyebrows still knit together in mild confusion.

The younger male, possibly an intern, assist or a student under the apprenticeship program, drummed the counter, waiting for his pizza pockets to cook to perfection via microwavezation. Suddenly being addressed, he finished his drum solo, lifting his brows high and turning around with a 'You talk'in to me?' Look on his face. Seeing that it was in fact, the head of security addressing him, the look faded into a more ' Oh shit what did I do?' expression. Blinking a few times, he leaned against the counter looking to contemplate the question. " Ohhhh ya know..... Buddy of mine, tottttal idiot, bought this 'combat, double steel plated' Japanese sword and tried to cut a water melon the other night and..." Starting to chuckle, the microwave notified the room that the consumables were indeed cooked. Tim smiled nervously, glancing at the microwave, but wondering if he was 'dismissed' or not.

Trent gave him a look of pure disgust as his hands produced the unnecessary noise by hitting the counter. When the kid turned around Trent almost stood up and backhanded the boy just for his tone alone. But he saw he realized his mistake. "Leave, you're wasting my time and trying my patience." He snarled into his coffee, staring at the kid from under his eyebrows and waving a dismissive hand at him. 'Just a normal kid.' He thought, now dismissing the uncomfortable feeling he had earlier his eyes drifting from the boy back to his coffee. Trent really disliked not knowing why he felt something. It was one of the things that set him off. That and unnecessary noises.

Blinking, sporadically, the lad nodded, eager to get the hell out of there. He quickly grabbed his gooey meal and high tailed it out of the staff lounge.

- - -

Walking in his calm, casual fashion, Dr Wiler managed to make his way to the patients wing. With his arms crossed behind his back, he moved to the hall which contained the patient # 23. Although the Dr had a inkling as to the true name of this young man, the process that he would have acquired such information would have been difficult to... explain. The doctor arrived at the patient in questions domicile.

There came a knock at his door, three distinct solid strikes spaced out in timing. There was a pause, then Nathaniel's specific voice came through the door like fog clouding over a room.

" Mr. Twenty-Three. I am Dr. Nathaniel Wiler. I believe you have a patient of mine with you in your dorm. . ."

The man's voice reached in and addressed all ears in the room with an intense, specific, clarity. It could also be sensed, rather, felt, as though eyes were cast upon them, even if camera's were prohibited in personal, low security rooms. Course, there was always the conspiracy theory to attest that. None the less, the doctors presence certainly was prevalent, in an almost supernatural way.

" You know the rules, Mr. Twenty-Three: There cannot be two patients alone together without supervision." Nathaniel shifted his glasses, turning his head slightly to the left, then turning it slowly to the right, before centering his blazing white spectacles to the door once again.

" Miss. Keam, has your health improved ?" That feeling of being watched, tipped slightly from the male to the girl as her name was spoken, almost as if to solidify the fact that there was indeed some sort of something occurring.

--@Stew & @Nutter --

Fenrir was suddenly jolted out of thinking by three knocks on the door, it didn't take him long to figure out that it was one of the staff,

"Oh no." Fen says quietly before standing, he was afraid of what what the doctor would do. Fenrir looks back to Keao with a scared look on his face,

"D-Doc! You know I wouldn't do anything! Please just let her stay!" Fenrir pleads, the fear was apparent in his voice as he spoke,

"I-I'm not that type of guy!" Fenrir tries to convince the doctor.

@Nutter

@Crazycake

Unlike she'd done with the lesser demon she'd met earlier, Keao did not hold back when a reverberating hiss rose in her throat. It was sucked forth from her lips, along with all the words that could never be translated into human language. Her vision tunneled as she spat them at the door: the whirring of raging winds, the ear-shattering roaring of thunder, the almost maniacal crackling of branches.

The doctor's presence was suffocating, replacing all of the air in the room with a sort of malice that set off all the alarms in her body when it filled her lungs. She curled up onto the bed, her knees tucked into her chest and all of her muscles tense. Her eyes were open, but unfocused. Keao clapped her hands over her ears as though that might stop his voice from reaching her. It didn't, and when she felt the strange man's gaze drift onto her even though there was a completely solid thing separating them, she realized once again how helpless she was in this place and that no amount of comfort would ever make her safe. She was reminded that this was not her home. She would never be welcome here, nor should she welcome the unnatural.

Eventually, Keao also remembered that she was not alone. This wasn't her room. Fen was standing before her, already scared by the doctor and probably more so by herself just now. The spirit blushed and immediately tried to calm down, though her nerves were on fire. She unfolded her body and slowly stood, gripping onto Fen's sleeve for support. When the doctor's voice once again flooded into the room with the same odd clarity and addressed her, Keao did her best to respond.

"A little," she replied curtly. Her voice was strained. "But I'll need my tree soon." She didn't dare say more in front of Fen, because the staff had made it clear that only humans were supposed to be here. It was true, though, that the doctor was one of the only people who could grant her access to her tree, which they forced her to be apart from. They seemed to be trying to wean her off of it's energy, similar to how an addict is separated slowly from drugs, and suffers withdrawal. The difference was that she could never truly be cut off from her tree, because a portion of her spirit was rooted in it. It was her birth, her life, and her death, in the from of a plant. It shared her pain and her sorrow on top of her joy. The doctor could never sever that tie.

'-.- @Stew @Crazycake -.-'

About to respond to the males words, Dr. Nathaniel Wiler was caught off guard as an incredible display of nearly elemental spite smashed against the door. It truly sounded as though a wild storm was suddenly unleashed.

This caused the fifteen heavily outfitted guardsmen, whom were positioned on either side of the male patients door, at the ready to engage, to question if this was the right career choice and let a uncontrollable quiver pass through them. The doctor stayed solemn, hardly moving a fraction at all.

Ever so casually, he tapped the edge of his glasses, letting out a very soft sigh.

" Indeed. You have a session scheduled immediately, in fact, Miss. Keam"

Almost as if a switch was turned, the sharpness of that voice became far less heavy. Though the feeling of being watched would remain for quite some time. The slightest twitch came to the edge of the man's mouth, as he moved a hand up and looked to brush away the irritation. " It has also come to my attention, that your personal doctor has apparently taken a sudden leave of absence, Mr. Twenty-Three. I shall be taking over your rehabilitation proceedings, until Dr. Callaghan returns. My apologizes. . . "

The door suddenly opened, revealing Nathaniel standing in the middle of the hallway. His brow slowly raised, though it was far too difficult to reason why. There was a silent moment, where he became like a statue, not moving, hardly breathing, as if frozen in animation. Then he shifted, so very simple and slowly, revealing his journal that he always had with him and calmly opening it up and placing a pencil to the insides. As he did this, a normal clothed woman orderly pushed up a wheelchair behind the white coated figure, keeping their gaze ahead, trying to focus on just being a background individual and not pissing themselves for fear of being noticed by one of the two patients, or whatever was in that room.

Cassandra had been about to respond, when she noticed Trent's gaze moving lazily across the room. Turning her head slowly she spotted the doctor she had passed earlier. She watched his drift around the room for a moment. She raised her eyebrows and felt her eyes land on the boy who was simply waiting for his food. Hearing the gruff reply she heard from her companion, she turned sharply with her eyebrows raised in unhindered surprise. "Bit mean, don't you think?" She muttered, bringing her cup up to her lips to take a dainty sip. She reclined back into her seat, crossing her legs away from him. Her eyes moved around the room for a moment as she thought, her fingers moving around the rim of her cup as she did.

Fenrir was caught off guard by the show that was put on by Keao just a little bit ago, but this was no time for being awestruck over things,

"My-My doctor is on leave?" Fenrir ponders over this fact for a couple of seconds before the door opens,

"No, he wouldn't leave." Fenrir states sharply, he then notices the wheelchair,

"Wait, are you going to take Keam away?" Fenrir gives a look of sadness towards Keao and then a sharp look at the doctor, the sorrow was still present in his face,

"If you're taking Keam, I want to come." Fen states sharply before pulling Keao closer to himself, he wanted her to get to her tree, whatever that meant, but he wanted to be there so they didn't do anything to her.

@Nutter

@Crazycake

maji was rolling down the hallway. she was going to find sid,they said that i could understand him. when she asked if he was like her they replied no. she was different,thier was no one like her around here.she stopped rolling and sat up."you say that i can understand him,if he lets me,but you say that you guys aren't like him. what are you guys?" thier was no answer except for the usual silly child don't you know.she decided to bear crawl down the hall instead.

Keao was slightly amazed that Fen, such a gentle person, could be so forceful with his words. Eyeing the wheelchair behind the doctor, she knew that it would be wise to go alone and without any fuss, but she couldn't bring herself to protest when Fen pulled her in close. She was pressed into his side, her knuckles beginning to whiten from her tight grip on his shirt. The spirit fixed her eyes on the doctor, who was now visible in the doorway and his presence ever-withstanding, starting at his feet and slowly sliding up his body until her gaze landed on his own, whose oppressiveness she could feel radiating from behind the white glare of his glasses.

"Can he come?" She asked, trying to keep her voice as steady as possible. For Keao, who'd never really asked anything of the doctor, she sincerely hoped he might, just this once, grant her wish, but she could never know with a man as unreadable as him. With some pain escaping onto her face, she added softly, "Please?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back