• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Rythe Psychological Research Center

DivineParadox said:
[[it's all good, sleep happens. I might not be able to reply until around 8pm on my break or after 11, I have work tonight.]]
[ You're all good, no worries. ]

Trent felt her hand on his shoulder, his paranoia mounting. ' She uses that thing on me I will break her in half.' He thought franticly until he saw her stick the girl, that action interrupting his thought and instantly easing his mind. He hoisted the girl over his opposite shoulder and turned to face Cassandra. " You all right, girlie?" He asked, noticing she looked a bit off. "Here, walk with me." He added, motioning with his free hand toward the door and began walking towards it to head to Aja's room.

She could feel her emotions coming; her fingers were shaking and her breath was coming in quick gasps. Cassandra took that moment to collect herself, bringing her free hand up to cover her eyes. Quickly, she felt them disappear into the recesses of her mind, lurking once more like they always did. She looked up when she heard him call her and gave a weak smile, bringing her hand up to smooth her hair back. "Of course, sir." She spoke cheerfully, nodding her head. As he beckoned her to his side, she gave out a breathless sigh. Moving ahead of him, she pulled out her key card and scanned it, holding it open for him. "Ladies' first." She spoke, but glanced up at him quickly. "Sorry." She apologized, her head turning to look at him as a flood of pink entered her cheeks. Looking down at her occupied hand, she looked about for the nearest bin. Spotting it, she leaned forward, allowing the needle to slip between her fingers and disappear.

Trent chuckled deeply noticing her flushed face. "You're a treat." He stepped past her, watching as a dirty Jack galloped after him. Letting her follow him he lead them to the patient wing, flashing his ID at several station guards and cameras as he passed them when they reached the girl's room, he opened the door with a quick swipe of his key card. Heaving the girl onto her bed, he mentioned to the guard on this hall who had followed him after the checkpoint out of curiosity that the girl was not to be let out of their sight.

After slamming the heavy metal door shut and locking it, he turned to Cassandra. "Join me for some vending machine coffee from the staff lounge?"

Cassandra followed quickly behind, her fingers moving quickly against the palm of her hand. Normally, she would be acting her normal and reserved self, but after not being able to sleep for the last couple days, her filter had basically flown out the window. She watched him toss the patient on the mattress and winced, looking at her crumpled state. She wanted to go the girl, to help her, but paused when he slammed the door shut and turned to her, a charming smile on her face. Cassandra resisted the urge to roll her eyes. She was waiting for something to happen, but was surprised by his passive request. A small smile spread across her features and she nodded. "Uh, yeah. I don't have anything better to do, so-" She began and shrugged her shoulders, her smile widening. "Why not?"

Nutter said:
((Ahhh crap I fell asleep!! Sorry guys!!))
Lost? Keao didn't know this word. Sure, she'd heard it used a few times before, but not often enough for her to clearly understand its meaning. Luckily for her, she didn't have to respond, because the man didn't really seem to care for hearing her answer when walked past with a huff. She held her breath until his footsteps sounded like mere drops of water on the hallway's tiled floors, then immediately moved in the opposite direction as if her life depended on it.

If she had been in better shape, Keao would have sprinted towards the patients' library. As it was, she could barely manage this odd hobble-walk, and it was growing worse by the second. Her chest heaved up and down, her right shoulder pressed against the wall to keep her from slumping forward too much, and her senses began to dull. A voice crackled on the overhead above, but the words were a mush of harsh sound waves. The white light made her pupils dilate. Where's the sun? My head is spinning. I need water. Where am I going again? I want to go home. Ugh, I'm going to be sick.

The spirit stumbled into the nearest room, which just so happened to be the exact place she had wanted to go: the library. Not that it mattered much now. Her state was far too gone for her to attempt reading again. Before she could even reach one of the chairs, she collapsed, her legs crumpling beneath her body like worms under a brick. I need to go home.
A set of orderlies witnessed the frail girl collapse, moving to approach and deal with the patient. Though as they moved closer, the three halted in unison, back-stepping as they looked upon a figure in a long white coat. He silently flipped through his journal, stopping on the other side of this fallen being. Without lifting those highly reflective lenses, the Doctor's free hand motioned to a wheel chair near the librarians desk, shifting his hand to a random guardsman and beckoning them over.

The single man complied, either through respect, necessity or pure unreasonable fear. Acquiring the wheel chair, Dr. Wiler closed his book, nodding to the guards. " Thank you " Drifted out from his lips, clear and sharp, akin to the smooth side of a blade. Ushering the workers away, Nathaniel crouched down to the girl, managing his most perfected and genuine smile of kindness.

" My name is Dr. Nathanial Wiler."

A hand slowly extended to the young woman, while the rest of his form stayed absolutely inert. If it wasn't for the slightest indication that he still drew and exhaled breath, one might mistake the man for a life sized mannequin.

aja eyes snapped open and she jumped up as if she was falling.she looked around,it taking her a minute to realize where she was. how was she awake right now? she got the shot,everybody saw her get the shot!"calm down,what do you mean calm down!?...other things to worry about? but...." aja cringed,as if she was being yelled at. aja stopped and listen to them,it was her third fit this month. which doesn't seem bad except that she didn't start these fits till three five years ago. it went from once every year to three times in one month. she wasn't a violent person,she was normal girl reacting to an abnormal situation,her friends. yet during her fits she loses her self,her thoughts grow dark,she can suppress these dark thoughts,but worst she now gets them when shes not having a fit. "this place is making me insane......its a figure of speech im not going to escape,its not actually making me mad,i'll meet this sid guy and it'll all get better,ill actually have a friend that isnt a know it all"

"tell me a secret" aja was under her bed,counting the bruises on her legs,she should really stop falling."the doctor is psycho? yeah that tells me a lot. which doctor?......the dead one?. why are you speaking to me in code? well i don't want to figure it out....i don't care if it will make me smarter" aja rolled from underneath the bed and went to the locked door."how do i get out?....open yes,thank you oh great and wise one " aja knocked on the door "um hello,can somebody let me out?" "havent you caused enough trouble for today aja?" great it was mike,i thought gay people were suppose to be nice,guess that doesn't apply to closeted ones. "hi mike,tell me are you and that guy you were kissing in the patients room going to get married?" aja sounded completely innocent waiting for him to panic and open the door. manipulation,black mail,again this place was changing her. the door was open and there stood mike,his face unreadable. "don't worry i won't tell anyone,that is if you let me out." "aja i can't do that" " sure you can,just tell them i got hurt and had to go see the doctor" after a few moments,mike stood out of the door way,letting aja leave.

Keao opened her eyes wearily, her chest heaving and her body shuttering with each breath. It was difficult to keep her eyes from drooping closed, but she did her best as she looked up at the man. She tried to move her hand to take his, but found she couldn't really move more than a few centimeters. With some exasperation, she left her hand fall back to the ground and her eyes close. "Doctor... I can't..."

aja watched the scene play out before her. she watched from afar,concern for the female,but her eyes shifted to the doctor,she tilted her head,watching his movements,his face,the sound of his voice. she watched his chest rise and fall as he to a breath then released it,she could hear them,her friends,but faintly. the called her name,but they seemed so far away,she was falling into a trance, in and out,in and out. its like she was losing herself...

Fenrir timidly walks down a hallway of the institute, he didn't exactly understand why he was there, all he knew was that he was supposed to shut up and stay quite, the guards hates it when he cries,

"Go, hug someone." Stew, Fenrir's inner voice, demands,

"But they'll hate me, they always hate me when I do that." Fenrir states, his eyes are red from previous waterworks; this reminds Fenrir to put on his gas mask to prevent anyone from seeing the redness of his peepers. Fenrir knew that if he were to try and actually hug someone, they wouldn't react too kindly,

"Fine then, if you're going to be a shit-head about it." Stew insults Fenrir with utmost casualness. Fenrir wanders down the hallway and into what appeared to be a library, a scene had just happened and Fenrir probably should have just left,

"Huh? What's going on here?" He asks Stew out loud, his voice muffled by the gas mask, Fenrir expected his voice to know what was happening since it was the smartest thing he knew.

@Nutter

@Crazycake

aja blinked,she was a bit confused,"whats wrong with you guys,stop yelling....i almost lost my sanity? whats is wrong with you guys today,you aren't making any since" she looked up to find a strange,thin male wearing a gas mask "trust me....i'm far from crazy" she kept watching,looking back at the doctor,but feeling nothing this time,she looked at the girl on the floor. she went on her way,she had hid the anatomy book, and was siting down,looking at the pictures.

Keao couldn't do much but lay there like a fool as all around her people seemed to appear from nowhere. Was nobody going to help her anytime soon? It was hard enough to keep herself conscious at this point, she was starting to slip out of it...

Fenrir turned his head to one side,

"Uh, don't ask me! Uh, just pick her up, take her to your room!" Stew was not the smartest voice in the world, anyone could see that after sharing a couple of sentences with him. Fenrir does as instructed and quickly darts over to the girl, he snatches her up before the doctor even lays a hand on her and proceeds to carry her out of the room. All the while, a couple of the orderlies beat him with nightsticks to no avail. Fenrir darts around the facility, eventually losing the guards, he then walks back to the room which was assigned to him and he sets her on his bed,

"Oh deary, I hope she's ok." Fenrir starts to worry for the stranger as he paces around his room,

"She's going to be just fine, buddy, don't worry about it!" Stew tries to cheer up Fenrir but ends up just making Fenrir think he's lying.

@Nutter

@Crazycake

Trent smirked. "Why not indeed." He said, placing his hand on the small of her back for a moment before he passed her to head towards the stairwell. "Tell me, my dear. Why are working here? You seem so innocent." He asked, nodding to the guards at the top of the stairs and flashing his ID

[[back :D @Radical Thinker ]]

"What *huff* are you *huff* doing?" The spirit asked, opening her yes slightly to look at the new person. The doctor would've been able to help her, but this guy? What could he do? He couldn't find her tree, and at this rate, she was practically dying. Still, she was grateful that he had at least done something. She let her eyes close once more. "Who are you?"

Snapping out of his moment of pause, the doctor placed his extended hand to his brow. He remained there a moment, as if collecting his thoughts. Finally standing to his full height, Nathaniel took a moment to shift his lab coat. He turned towords the exit of the library, so meticulously fixing those glasses. Exhaling, he allowed the guards to do their duty, making a note to engage all three patients in a one on one session. He continued into the library, walking through the rows of books, vanishing between the shelves.

Fenrir was more happy than he should be that she was responding to him,

"Oh thank GOd she's alive! You weren't lying, I guess." He says as he talks to Stew momentarily,

"Eh-heh-heh, I never lie!" The voice chuckles internally,

"Oh, miss, are you ok? Is there anything I can do for you? Oh no, I did something wrong didn't I?" Fenrir asks a slew of questions, eventually placing the palms of his hands on the eyes of his gas mask,

"I did do somethign wrong! I knew it, I knew it!" Fenrir started to panic,

"Hey! YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG, SHIT-FOR-BRAINS!" Stew yells at him,

"No-no! Please don't yell, you're too loud!" Fenrir scolds Stew, this was probably a strange sight to look upon; a panicking man wearing a gas mask, yelling at a person who wasn't even there.

@Nutter

aja flip through the pages,stopping at a picture of the brain."i don't know what i'm doing anymore...cus the brain is interesting. " aja stood up,putting the book back into its hiding place. she continued to walk around the library,"i'm just stalling,the last thing i need is to be caught by trent.....why do you guys not like him? i mean he's okay,not the kindest helping hand around here,but he's not evil." she took another book down,flipping through it then putting it back.

Keao didn't have any more energy to tell him to shut up, but she managed to snag a couple of her fingers around his sleeve and tug lightly. She needed sleep, yes, sleep was good. Still breathing heavily, she quickly drifted into her own subconscious.

The sunlight was warm on her face. Birds chirped along with the many bugs of the forest. Everything was alive and moving. It was such a different place, so brilliant, but her face was wet. She was crying?

In her sleep, the woman clutched tightly onto the man's sleeve, pulling it close to her chest as her face began to twist. "The light..." She murmured.

Fenrir was suddenly surprised when the girl grabbed his sleeve, she appeared to be crying. Fenrir knew that crying meant something was wrong,

"Oh, no, no, no, everything's alright, please don't be sad." Fenrir pulled her into a friendly hug to help her feel better,

"If you keep crying, I'll cry to stop you from crying!" Fenrir uses his broken logic to its limit and proceeds to start sorrowfully moaning and wailing, he doesn't want to see anyone sad, he should know, he's practically the definition of sad,

"P-Please stop crying!" Fenrir says through sniffs and sobs.

@Nutter

Something warm, warmer than the sunlight in her dreams, engulfed her. She began to calm down, her breathing a bit steadier. She was still tense, her muscles like lead, weighing her down, but everything was slightly less painful.

She woke a little to the person's sobbing. She was still tired, but she couldn't sleep like this. "What are you doing?"

"is it good?" aja walked down the halls,not paying attention to her surroundings,she trusted them. "where is he at,so i know where to avoid" aja laughed as she continued walking "flirting with the shot lady,doesn't tell me anything........good,ill make sure to stay clear of there. aja stopped at at another door leading to the lab hall."i bet they do all sorts a secret things back there,well yeah ive been back there many times,but i didnt see any secrets."

Fenrir's sobbing comes to an end with a couple of sniffs, it was horrible crying from inside his gas mask but he didn't want the girl to see him crying,

"I-I-I was crying s-so you would sto-stop crying." Fenrir says as he tries to catch his breath, he ends up coughing from the stuffiness of the mask. Fenrir rips the mask off and takes in a couple of deep breaths of fresh air,

"P-Please don't look at me, I do-don't want to be embarrassed the way I look!" Fenrir looks in the other direction, still leaving why he hugged her unknown. Fenrir clears up his nose with a couple of long sniffs,

"I-I hope you don't mind me hugging you, I saw you were crying so I was trying to make you feel better!" Fenrir says, all the while, Stew was being unnaturally quiet in Fen's head, that was very unlike the voice.

@Nutter

[[Oh, guys. I'm in the process of making a more specific layout. On the Sims... ;>> Just to help out, because I know it's kind of confusing.]]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back