• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY without RWBY- Grimm Uprising [CLOSED]

Beryl White
"Thanks for the help I guess...partner." Beryl said gruffly as she made a half-hearted attempt to hide her relief at having someone come to help her, studying the girl for a few moments before returning her eyes to the Beowulf pack surrounding them both, a few of its members having already been cut down by her sword. Shaking her head to get rid of anymore jitters, the rabbit faunus took a deep breath, pulling a dust container from her pocket and inserting it into the crystal at the top of her blade. As she did, the sword glowed briefly. Then she outstretched her arm in a sweeping motion, taking the blade with her as a wave of ice infused dust shot from the weapon, striking three more of the beowulf all at once, freezing in them place in the process. Running forwards before the grimm thawed, Beryl formed a fist that glowed due to her semblance, punching the monsters of darkness into oblivion. They shattered into thousands of tiny shards of ice on impact. But there was still many of the beasts left yet.

Jumping backwards so she was beside the other girl again, she murmured, "I'm Beryl."

TyVibes TyVibes

Cuprum nodded. 'Maybe I needed a view from a higher ground.' He thought as he followed Yami. During the flight, Cuprum had been concentrating on his landing method, so he had no time to take a close look. He checked the Grimm radar he had set on his back to make sure they weren't striked abruptly. Luckily, no Grimm was nearby.
"I don't sense any Grimm nearby. Let's speed up a bit."
He commented to Yami.
Thepotatogod Thepotatogod

e53887507b7855ecba907f098b528a0e59259890_hq.gif

tumblr_inline_oqdm1maYbH1udgapp_540.gif

giphy.gif
Yín Sūn // 银孙

Interacting with: SecretRock SecretRock

Yín watched in awe as her newfound partner performed her attack, shattering expectations and then proceeding to break the ice with her introduction. Yín gave her a toothy smile and proceeded to show off a few of her own moves so that they could defeat this pack and move on to the other thing where they would get the pieces that would determine their team. Speaking of,
"Hey, uh, Beryl, do you know where we need to go to collected the pieces? I haven't exactly brought with me a map of a forest." Mentally she scolded herself, a proper Huntress would have been more prepared, however, now she must concentrate on helping her and her teammate out of this predicament so that they could find out where they had to go together, after all, when in a forest filled with Grimm, teamwork is essential. While waiting for Beryl to reply Yín started to cut down on the number of hostile Grimm that were in the area, oh what was she thinking, all Grimm are hostile! Jumping forwards she spread out her fans and slashed through the Beowulves' heads, it's more efficient to defeat opponents in as few moves as possible, one being the optimum. While surrounded by Grimm, Yín span with arms and blades outstretched, managing to dispose of several Grimm at once before jumping back beside Beryl, there were still too many Beowulves for them to take out together, a retreat would be a wise move in this situation.
"Beryl, there are too many here for us to fight, I suggest we make a break for it and lose them by travelling through the thicker parts of the forest. We need to conserve our energy for anymore Grimm attacks along the way." The young Huntress-to-be suggested this to Beryl with an even tone, she knew this was the right path but she needed her partner's input and approval before they could set off.

Beryl White
As she watched Yin strike down some more of the Grimm with powerful fans, she whistled, rather impressed despite herself. "Not bad." She commented. Beryl then shook her head, body still tense as she flexed her free hand and eyed the grimm Yin had struck down. "Sadly no." She said with a irritated sigh, trying to think back to some of the books she had read in the past to prepare for this. "All I know is that we need to go somewhere in this forest to find those figurines, like you." Her gaze drifted in thought for a fraction of a second. "More than likely the temple they're in is in the heart of this forest though." Unless this is some kind of sick joke. She silently added, before shaking her head. "But that's obvious. I have a feeling the number of Grimm will only increase as we get closer to wherever this temple is." She finished as Yin jumped back once getting rid of several of the beowulves. Once Yin was finished speaking, Beryl nodded, knowing it would be idiotic to continue fighting just these Grimm even though a part of her wanted to still. They needed to retreat. "Sounds like a decent plan. Let's go." Backing up some steps, she then turned and began sprinting deeper into the forest, looking behind her to see if her new partner was following, and fired just a few earth dust arrows that made thick pillars upon impact with the ground to further slow the pursing Grimm down, careful to make sure Yin was right next to her before she did.

TyVibes TyVibes

SecretRock SecretRock , @Dearwolfy, The Silver Crow The Silver Crow

As Tina finished her circling of the other two Faunus she twirled her sword in her hand, looking to To. “I think he called us fat just now.” She would tell her partner, then raising her weapon in the wolf Faunus' direction before asking. “Oui. Did you just call me fat? It's not nice to comment on a girl's figure you know.” Unless of course it was a compliment. In which case, compliment away. The sound of something approaching caught the ram Faunus' attention, Tina nodding in agreement with To's words. “To's right. The forest isn't safe. Let's get our relics and get outta here.” The longer they were out here the worse it made them look to their instructors. And Tina wasn't about to make a bad first impression. She had by this time lowered her weapon from being trained on the wolf Faunus, Tina walking past the two new individuals and once again blazing a trail through the forest.

kCCNuFU.jpg
With: @Dearwolfy SecretRock SecretRock Theo713 Theo713
The speed and amount at which Tina spoke threw Oracle's mind off balance, so gathering her thoughts for a reply took too long. Before she knew it the group of them was ready to get on the move, so instead of a reply she just pulled down her bushy navy hair to show the ram faunus the silver rings at the base of each of her horns where her body's dust source fed from the crystals embedded in the metal. Most of the time, her rings were hidden because her dark, curly hair was tied up and hid them in its depth. Of course, when her semblance would go off, they were considerably harder to hide with all the glowing and such.

"Uh, yeah. I think we're nearly there." Oracle tried to contribute something to the conversation but knew she was behind. Maybe she should have just opted for sleeping longer last night after her vision instead of trying to cut her rest to get to the roof. All that was behind her now and she took a swig from her water bottle to clear her thoughts and focus her mind. She took a long breath in and sniffed the air. They were upwind from their destination, which was good for them to tell what was coming up ahead. "I can smell a few students ahead."

Yale Skylight
Interacting with: @Dearwolfy

Taking a stand after her response and gratitude, he glossed over the scenery with his eyes. Violet's encounter may have been more terrifying for her than he could ever understand, but at the same time, they still had a job to do. A mission to complete. And as she said earlier a sibling to find. His hands stretched out before him, he interlocked his fingers and cracked his knuckles. It was time to move. "I won't rush you if you don't feel like moving as yet, and we don't exactly have a time limit. But getting those gold pieces sooner than later is probably what's expected of us." Squatting in place he looked and grinned. "And I say we take them by storm." The Blonde leaped up high into the trees in one swift move, giving the illusion of vanishing.

Stooping on the branch of the nearest tall tree he looked in the opposite direction to where they were shot from. After all, they never gave them any directions to the ruins, and they shot them somewhat deep into the forest. Meaning that one, the ruins aren't incredibly far. And two, they were already launched in the correct direction. I could be wrong but so far they really thought of everything. Otherwise. Pausing in thought he smiled. This is one hell of an initiation.

giphy.gif
Yín Sūn // 银孙

Yín nodded to her companion and raced after her as she leapt into the trees, using her weapon and dust to create obstacles to ward off the Grimm. Finally things calmed down and Yín stopped to look behind, there were no more Beowulves, but they were, so to say, not out of the woods just yet. The warrior turned to look at Beryl deciding the could use this quiet time to formulate a plan.
"Beryl, I think we lost them. We need to figure out the likely direction of the temple, if that is where we will find the pieces." Yín stood before her partner and awaited her response, thinking about all her training and how it could help her in the forest. If the temple was in the center, that would be the deepest, thickest part of the woods, meaning that they should follow the thick lines of trees like where they were already. From where they were standing, the foliage was so dense that barely any light came through, much less a look on the direction of the sun, so no knowing which direction they were facing unless they climbed up to have a look. Of course, climbing on the trees would also give them a view of the forest and possibly give them a visual on the temple or landmark they needed to find, they could then travel across the treetops or along the forest floor in the direction they had scouted. Yín decided to wait until her partner made a suggestion before voicing her idea, Beryl might come up with a better one or have better training in this sort of thing.

Beryl White
Leaning against a tree for a moment, Beryl crossed her arms in contemplation after Yin had spoken, her ears twitching slightly at every call of an animal or movement she could hear in the forest, knowing some Grimm could easily reappear at a moment's notice. The forest had grown thick, allowing barely any light to spill upon the ground. Being a faunus, it didn't bother Beryl at all as she had good eyesight, but she was sure it would cause at least a little trouble for Yin and any of the other humans in the forest. Beryl was quiet for several moments. "I'm not sure." She admitted at last. "The trees are becoming thicker, so it might be hard to climb one and look for the temple that way, especially if the landmark is covered by foliage." Even with her excellent vision, it'd be hard to spot stone or whatever the landmark was made out of from a distance, and if her theory of the number of grimm increasing as they got closer to the center of the forest was correct, that'd only make things more difficult. "But if we continue here on the ground, I think that we'll start seeing some of the oldest trees here if the thickening trees and gnarled branches are any indication." She then sighed. "It's a gamble, I'll admit."

Stepping away from the tree, Beryl looked around. They needed to keep moving and couldn't sit here like sitting ducks. If only there was a way to meet up with some of the other students. Unless...The rabbit faunus' eyes widened, as she resisted the urge to facepalm. Of course. She sniffed the air. "I can smell some of the other students near by. Perhaps we should head in that direction for now." She glanced at Yin, and seeing her looking slightly lost in thought, she added, "Unless you have a better idea?"

TyVibes TyVibes

Robin certainly noticed the flustered reactions and flushed complexion of her partner and couldn’t help but give a soft laugh to herself, the young faunus further reminding her of her own siblings as the two of them walked through the densely wooded Emerald Forest. As Sapphire inquired to the duo’s distance from the temple, Robin tapped her chin as she pondered. “Well it’s not terribly far, but not a minute’s hop and skip away either. I surmise we should be able to arrive, barring additional grimm, in oooooh ten or so minutes at a brisk pace.” Robin remarked, giving a rough estimate from what she’d gathered so far concerning their location and destination.

As the two walked, Robin couldn’t help but voice an observation she’d been pondering on. “So Sapphire, I do want to ask something which I hope you don’t take as offensive or intrusive. You’re a wonderful fighter from what I’ve already seen, and a bold soul when needed, yet you’re so soft spoken and gentle in presence to both your surroundings as well as yourself from what I've witnessed. Might I ask why you hold yourself in such a way around others?" Robin asked in a calm tone, her curiosity piqued around her new partner, wanting to know her and be able to help her if possible. "Again I apologize if you think I'm overstepping in asking these things." She quickly added, knowing that such things can easily be construed as being critical or judgmental of another. The duo's surroundings largely remained the same in theme, the occasional clearing or skittering forest fauna interrupting the thickly wooded forest from time to time while the sun remained high and warm over them, gleaming through the forest's canopy.

BoilingWriter BoilingWriter

giphy.gif
Yín Sūn // 银孙

Yín watched and listened as Beryl told her about what she thought on the situation, all of it was sound. Yín could see that that the trees here were hard to climb without using her semblance or fans, however, they would need some sort of light source for the ground otherwise the young Huntress-to-be would be useless.
"I think it would be better then if we carried on walking, but I'll need something to help me see, it's getting darker the further we go." Then Yín remembered what Beryl had said after she'd sniffed the air. "Which direction are the students in? If they are deeper in the forest we can meet with them, but if they're the other way, we may have to think a little more." With that the warrior leant against a nearby tree, waiting for her new partner to check and to hear her ideas on a light source or even a change of direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back