• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Rwby: Wendigo Hunters OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Ganryu

Your Lovable Jackass GM
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)

1606622480260.png

The town of Jubilee, in the north of Anima under Mistra, was an outskirts town like many other. It had its own unlicensed hunters, and if one was to grow up there, one was expected to be tough. Even the shopkeepers were known to have a list of killed Grimm, and Grimm masks adorned every public building around. The Grimm weren't feared, and ironically because they weren't feared, they would rarely come or be attracted to the village.

The town was founded on a floating gravity dust island in the far north, making it both cold and hard to get to. But such was life. And life was good. Until about 5 years ago.

Wendigo was its name. And it was a Grimm like no one in the town had ever fought before. Large as several buildings put together, it was a fearsome sight. It's black skin was stretched over white bone so tightly the bones protruded through in several places. Its awful wail could wake the dead.

It took everything the village had to kill it. Several homes were smashed, and the glutton ate about 20 villagers before a hole to the chest killed it, causing it to collapse. Yet something was odd. It wasn't disappearing. Coughing up bones, it stood again. And rampaged.

This occurred twice more before the villagers fled. Few made it out alive. Those that did were indeed bitter about it, and swore and oath of blood to hunt down the Wendigo that had ruined their homes. They formed a tight knit hunter group, the Wendigo Hunters. Some called them mercenaries, and they were happy to get paid for their services, but they had something more on their mind.

Every Spring they would emerge out of the frozen floating isles, and join the communities of Anima. Laugh, drink, kill Grimm. They'd even challenge a local smaller academy to a few games, show they what real huntsmen are like. They were constantly picking up new huntsman from the seniors who wanted to be like them. But they had one condition. No 'ace students'. "We're all on a death march... we'll take the worst you got."

To a failing student, it was often a last chance. Whoever joined the Wendigo Hunters WOULD become a huntsman, but the hunt was tough, and many wouldn't make it... but for the chance to live their dreams, many took it.

Then winter began, every year, the Wendigo Hunters, would walk into the first blizzard of winter, and start their hunt again.

Sometimes they fought the Wendigo. Sometimes they failed. But it refuses to go down. And likewise, the Wendigo hunters refuse to stop hunting it....

Winter is coming.

------------------------------
1606622503514.png

Last edited:
Rules & Misc:

1) Advanced RP, I expect a couple paragraphs per post with decent grammar
2) Team Rotation should be a week. (I.e. should get a post per week for everyone in a team.)
3) Using discord for most OOC
4) Have fun or Gan will kick your ass.
5) Nothing related to canon will be appearing in this RP.

Last edited:
somebody speaks!!!

all of em sound lovely :P

god damn those abs- I eman she looks like fun

Hey i wont deny yea em, rpn will, but I wont.

Mithril Mithril - your character looks good, but with your semblance and style, I'd suggest switching your CQC and weaponry scores.

CQC includes swinging the weapon. Weaponry is how advanced it is, how big the guns are, and how much of the work the weapon does. CQC is how well you hit stuff. And considering your semblance and everything else, figure your character's more likely in the brawl than out. If she just shoots stuff from range, or has a magic weapon do everything, that's fine, I'm just guessing here. Just a suggestion.

As far as dust usage, you might want to hit 5 at least in it before your semblence interacts, but that just leaves room for growth. Do like the semblance. Good character, think they'll fit right in!

Last edited:
Oh, ok so CQC includes the weapon strength too? Ok, cool.
I will swap over ^^
Yup. Unless you have like a rocket hammer that does the swinging for you, but for the most part, hitting someone with your weapon is CQC. Weaponry is how sophisticated it is/how big the bullets are. I was having a hard time describing that on the sheet.

Last edited:
Already designing a character, though it's gonna go up the day after tomorrow more than likely. I would post it tomorrow, but I need to finish up a paper that will probably take up my whole day.

Apologies on taking so long, just having problems deciding on a semblance and to be Faunus or not.

I suggest peering at others to get a overview. May even give you ideas. There are some great passive / active ones

Absolutely agree with Mithril, I had the same issue and it got resolved when I looked at the Semblance section on the RWBY wiki.

when in doubt, hit things.

Definitely trying to stay away from similar semblances, I'm debating between something of like a powerful wind that requires a dance to control or something like a radius of push/pull around the user. Definitely going to be using a fan weapon though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back