• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY - Turn To Dust

Dead said:
@Mollisol @arcaneSentinel
So you may be hating me right now because of my absence and lack of posting but I'm still alive ;;w;;

I've seen your posts but due to IRL, I haven't been able to reply to your posts so I'll try to get to that when things settle on my end, I'm still stuck in exam week and bleh @_@ Please forgive me so until then, please be patient on me... ;;m;;
Don't worry about it. It's not like you're missing anything much right now anyway.

Dead said:
So you may be hating me right now because of my absence and lack of posting but I'm still alive ;;w;;

I've seen your posts but due to IRL, I haven't been able to reply to your posts so I'll try to get to that when things settle on my end, I'm still stuck in exam week and bleh @_@ Please forgive me so until then, please be patient on me... ;;m;;
Don't worry about it. Life is more important, and not a lot is happening right now anyways. <3

Dead said:

Hey, exams are exams, and they rank more important than most everything. Emphasis and excelling in your academic and educational fields is one of the few leg ups you'll ever get in the world, so study hard and pass your classes. If RP-ers or GMs can't accept that RL Examinations take precedence then they either have never taken them themselves, or are inconsiderate. =P

Though the heads ups are nice xD

So I have a few ideas floating around in my head for Eris's Semblance, when she does eventually get it, but I'd like to see what you guys think would be a good Semblance for her. What do you think???

[QUOTE="Shaded Skies]So I have a few ideas floating around in my head for Eris's Semblance, when she does eventually get it, but I'd like to see what you guys think would be a good Semblance for her. What do you think???

[/QUOTE]
hmmmm....Hysteria? Causes her target to burst into a fit of laughter? Maybe illusions of some sort.

[QUOTE="Cruor Flumine]hmmmm....Hysteria? Causes her target to burst into a fit of laughter? Maybe illusions of some sort.

[/QUOTE]
Illusions were my first thought, but it's such a cliche. Hysteria is a good idea, though it'd be useless against Grimm and calm people.

My two ideas I've had that sound good:

Outer Darkness: Allows her to create large shadowy claws, either over her own hands or up to three feet in front of her.

Enchantress: Eris would be able to imbue items and objects with a certain effect with some Dust and some of her Aura. The more powerful the effect, and the more it strayed from basic elemental effects, the more Dust and Aura it would require. For example, it would take a VERY large amount of her Dust and Aura to make a weapon create tea. It would only require a small amount of Dust and Aura to make it elemental or shoot elemental attacks, such as making a spear electric or fire a lightning bolt. The more complex the effect is, the shorter it lasts. The opposite is true for simpler effects. Also, she cannot make something do the exact opposite of what it'd normally do: for example, she can't make healing bullets, or make Water elemental things shoot fire. She can apply effects from a distance though.

I personally prefer Enchantress as an idea. Though I think it isn't entirely balanced.

Alright, I've finally gotten most of my painful life sorted out and specific scheduling set up, I can happily announce we should be progressing out of this period of testing and to the next part of our RP. This upcoming post will not include the new players in it, though tomorrow specifically I will start them up on a nice little private jet and making a beeline for Fortress. There will be a small period of social interaction for those latecomers, as well as the people in the same groups will get to rest and talk with others in their test group.

[QUOTE="Shaded Skies]Illusions were my first thought, but it's such a cliche. Hysteria is a good idea, though it'd be useless against Grimm and calm people.
My two ideas I've had that sound good:

Outer Darkness: Allows her to create large shadowy claws, either over her own hands or up to three feet in front of her.

Enchantress: Eris would be able to imbue items and objects with a certain effect with some Dust and some of her Aura. The more powerful the effect, and the more it strayed from basic elemental effects, the more Dust and Aura it would require. For example, it would take a VERY large amount of her Dust and Aura to make a weapon create tea. It would only require a small amount of Dust and Aura to make it elemental or shoot elemental attacks, such as making a spear electric or fire a lightning bolt. The more complex the effect is, the shorter it lasts. The opposite is true for simpler effects. Also, she cannot make something do the exact opposite of what it'd normally do: for example, she can't make healing bullets, or make Water elemental things shoot fire. She can apply effects from a distance though.

I personally prefer Enchantress as an idea. Though I think it isn't entirely balanced.

[/QUOTE]
I love your Enchantress idea. But how long would she take to "enchant" the weapon?

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]Alright, I've finally gotten most of my painful life sorted out and specific scheduling set up, I can happily announce we should be progressing out of this period of testing and to the next part of our RP. This upcoming post will not include the new players in it, though tomorrow specifically I will start them up on a nice little private jet and making a beeline for Fortress. There will be a small period of social interaction for those latecomers, as well as the people in the same groups will get to rest and talk with others in their test group.

[/QUOTE]
Nice!

Tenebrous said:
I love your Enchantress idea. But how long would she take to "enchant" the weapon?
Nice!
About two seconds, plus she'd need to be able to see her target. Nothing behind something could be 'enchanted'. Something that was enchanted before she stopped seeing it would till retain its effect for as long as it normally would, though. Also, just to clarify, she could use enchantments on more than just her weapons and the weapons of allies.

Last edited by a moderator:
*checks to see if thread is watched*

*confirms that it is watched*

*wonders why no notifications*

Anyways... Hey people!

rooke said:
*checks to see if thread is watched*
*confirms that it is watched*

*wonders why no notifications*

Anyways... Hey people!
No notifications because final touches are still being put upon the post before I get it up. I'll be finished with it quite soon after returning to my computer, if I ever survive long enough to get there... So hungry that I'm wasting practically all my energy just to type this up on my phone >~<

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]No notifications because final touches are still being put upon the post before I get it up. I'll be finished with it quite soon after returning to my computer, if I ever survive long enough to get there... So hungry that I'm wasting practically all my energy just to type this up on my phone >~<

[/QUOTE]
I was mostly talking about this thread xp

[QUOTE="Cruor Flumine]Well...it seems dead in IC.

[/QUOTE]
The last post was this morning. Give it time. People are probably busy with school, college, or life in general.

I was waiting for more people to hop in from the lateplane before trying to post again, but it seems they're all distracted or away or not paying attention to the thread. At the very least, they're certainly welcome to hop in when they realize things have started going.

Hi. I am Trundle. I am a new fan of RWBY. I like it. I like rps. I would like to be a part of this rp. Is there room for one more?

:D

Trundle said:
Hi. I am Trundle. I am a new fan of RWBY. I like it. I like rps. I would like to be a part of this rp. Is there room for one more?
:D
Sadly, our sign ups are closed

[QUOTE="Veirrianna Valentine]The secret is she gets irritated when I stir up trouble like this ( :P )

[/QUOTE]

Everybody already knows that one...

However, this is what I have to say if you try that again...

tumblr_n1sk09bTrk1t333fbo1_500.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back