• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY - Turn To Dust

StoneWolf18 said:
Are teams going to be randomly assigned or do we make them before posting our characters?
You can make one and get it approved by me, or I'll male teams when we get to that point in the RP (which is pretty early on).

I would prefer teams be made before characters are posted so I can approve the team as a whole at the same time, but I would mind people forming team and getting my approval after characters are posted; I can understand a sudden 'i think a team with those characters would be awesome' kind of thing happening after all. Just male sure teams are made.before selection process in-RP, as otherwise I would have to stop the RP's flow just to say yes or no to a team of have to review the characters of, which I don't think every player would like to have happen...

Anyone want to be on a team with Violet Floradonno, a friendly, spunky, and outdoorsy cat Faunus who wields a pair of axes that can combine into a battle ax and shoot out energy waves.

Or you could be on a team with Silver Valmet, a serious, no-nonsense, and closed off human being that wields a sniper rifle/scythe that utilizes Ice Dust.

Here. Arora/Grazia Naranjo (name will adjust based on team name needs) would love to team up with Violet and/or Silver.

@StoneWolf18 @Mollisol OK

Here's some deeper personality information.

Bubbly and spunky,Violet is always ready for adventure. As a Faunus she realizes that other people may have preconceived notions about her, but she tries not to care about what other people think and proudly displays her Faunus cat ears. She dislikes it when a Faunus (or anyone) is picked on. She'll try to ignore the bullying when she's being picked on, but she can't ignore it if someone else is being bullied.

Violet is the outdoorsy type that likes to bring elements of the outdoors inside. She likes feeling earth under her feet, the wind in her hair, and the texture of plant life. She prefers sleeping on the ground (with or without a sleeping bag) or in a hammock. It's hard for her to sleep in a regular bed. Violet doesn't like destroying plant life and is remorseful when seeing the aftermath of a forest fight. However she thinks human (and Faunus) lives are more important than plants.

Violet is more street smart than book smart. Academically she's an average student and is more battle minded, preferring action when the time for battle arises. In fights she has a playful spirit and banters with her opponents. Her lighthearted nature may make it seem like she doesn't take fighting seriously, but she'll go all out to protect her allies and the people of Remnant.

Silver is a cold individual that guards his emotion. He's soft-spoken, sarcastic, and throws out his opinions no matter how cold-hearted they are. Silver is sharp-witted, serious, and has no regard for silliness when on a mission. Silver takes battles seriously and is extremely focused on the job at hand. He's always determined to finish the job he's on and will try to fight through obstacles.

Despite the appearance that he doesn't care about anyone, Silver has a militaristic mind set and is loyal to his team. Though his loner mentality makes it hard for people to get to know him better, it is clear that Silver likes to keep his weapon clean and has a personal attachment to his grandfather's dog tags. He looks up to his dead grandfather as a hero and wants to dutifully serve Remnant by fighting for peace.

@shadowdude505 Cool. Still partial to Violet, although Silver's name would probably be easier to fit into a team. Here's my chara's personality (note that her name is still flexible; it's just Grazia here for simplicity):

Grazia values freedom above all things, and hates the idea of being locked into a single lifestyle (that’s why she chose to be a Huntress - although they walk a tough path, it’s a path with more options than her home situation). She loves meeting new friends and talking about weapons, robotics, and food. She has a soft spot for luxuries such as flower arranging and high-class cuisine. Her greatest weaknesses are people who tempt her with these things, and the idea that she can save her mother from her lot in life.

Grazia is mesmerized by the beauty of technology and creation, and its capacity to change lives. In her mind, although technology can exploit and harm, it also gave humanity the power to grow, develop, and destroy evil. She feels most comfortable in urban areas, and naked without Amanecer and her Scroll. While she’s a Huntress rather than an engineer, she tends to focus on weapons and construction as much as how they’re used, and can get lost talking shop.

Here's Saphir's personality for those who are interested in teaming!

Saphir's personality is a bit muddled. More often than not, she’s exceedingly intellectual. Having knowledge on subjects she can’t remember learning about yet wouldn’t think twice about correcting you. Not so much for the learning opportunity, yet for the pure humor of comical reactions. Saphir is also quite serious, yet that doesn’t mean she hates sarcasm. Trust me, it’s used often.

Then we have a bit of a difference. Saphir can be immature, having to making that joke at the wrong time. Sarcastic, as mentioned above. Not often, but when needed she won’t hold back a retort in this manner. A tad antisocial. Not wanting to get involved with unnecessary social interactions. But, once she has warmed up to one you will be sure to have numerous discussions on diverse topics. This make Saphir a bit harder to “get used to” than others. Learning how to deal with Saphir is a taxing process, although more than one person has succeeded in this.

I don't know. Connor, excuse me, Ailurus also has dual axes that combine into a battle axe, but they're elephant guns instead of energy beams. Lever action, most likely.

Rayne is a monkey faunus and former thief who uses twin chain blades housed in gauntlets, one with a blade (Gambit) and the other with a sharp hook (Risk). He is a laid back person who doesn't really want to be at the academy, but is there due to his loyal and protectivenature and Trinity. He is a rogue and fights mostly hand to hand when he can, using his reflexes to mostly dodge and counter, but he can get cocky. His semblance is shifting probability, but to balance that every shift is subject to a karma-tic response. (Based on The Artful Dodger)

Koal was adopted into a rich family who weren't fully supportive of his choice to become a hunter. His weapon is a shifting broadswordwith four main forms (Broadsword, twin swords, smgs, pole weapon). Due to his adoption, Koal learned to become a true gentleman and is very well mannered and polite; but despite what others think, he isn't a complete stick in the mud. His semblance manifests itself as a large white shield bearing his emblem that interferes with strikes; moderate aura drain. (Based on Sir Galahad, the Grail Knight)

Trinity is another thief and grew up with Rayne after running away. She is the reason Rayne is attending the school, because she wanted her life to be more grand than picking pockets and looting. She is rather naive and bubbly on the outside, but is a great strategist and profiler from the streets; plus she is hot headed. Her weapon is Cheshire, a bow that separates into twin scimitars making her a ranger type fighter. Her semblance allows her to teleport within her line of sight. (Based off of Red Arrow/Arsenal)

Here's my character's info:

Abo'r scattir - Age 16, Grey Aura. lean, 5" foot tall. Abo'r's weapon is a short sword-cutter that also substitutes as a pistol. His semblance is called "Grey Dust" in which he has control over grey ash. The ones that he keep in his gloves. He doesn't talk much, but on certain occasions, he could be friendly but mostly kind. He is ruthless on battle. Using his speed to slash and confuse the foe at hand

Beowulf said:
I don't know. Connor, excuse me, Ailurus also has dual axes that combine into a battle axe, but they're elephant guns instead of energy beams. Lever action, most likely.
You me and Kiyo were going to have a team

Thepotatogod said:
Here's my character's info:
Abo'r scattir - Age 16, Grey Aura. lean, 5" foot tall. Abo'r's weapon is a short sword-cutter that also substitutes as a pistol. His semblance is called "Grey Dust" in which he has control over grey ash. The ones that he keep in his gloves. He doesn't talk much, but on certain occasions, he could be friendly but mostly kind. He is ruthless on battle. Using his speed to slash and confuse the foe at hand
Koal would be interesting to pair.

Beowulf said:
That's 3. We need one more.
I volunteer as tribute.

@Mollisol V would be hard, but a good name doesn't necessarily make a good team. I can already seem some chemistry between your character and Violet. They could arrange flowers together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back